***Official November 2016 Thread***

I'm staying at Poly and I was told the pools are heated all year round. However, what is the temp like during November?

Yup, resort pools are all heated as far as I know. Looking at weather records, high temps in November can range from mid-60's to mid-80's. Chances of good pool weather are pretty good, I'd say...although you never know, so fingers crossed ::yes::

Happy April everyone!

Park hours should be out end of this month and ADR's can be made next month! Yay! Can't wait for the hours to come out and can fine tune and adjust my plans(need to work in some more Epcot time!)

And good luck to all those hoping to rent DVC or change their their DVC resorts at the 7th month mark!

I agree, I cannot take the heat like I used to. WDW in august was torture. I did it because its my bday and that was my excuse to go without the kids, lol. But after 2 times, never again. 65-70 degrees is perfect for me. Over 75 is too "hot" for me now.
Also waiting on flights....I need SW (points) and cannot believe they are not releasing November flights til JUNE!! :sad2:

I agree! We were able to book our flight down, but can't book our return flight yet! I feel like if they could release til the beginning of November, why couldn't they release for the rest of they year?

I've been slowly deciding what days we are going to do what parks and what meals we want to have when. I can't believe I can make ADR's next month!!! :thumbsup2

Whew! OK! Finally have a definite resort booked! We booked CSR a few weeks ago because DH couldn't decide if he wanted to rent DVC points again - he's not good at making decisions :sad2: Last year we rented points and had BWV booked in March. Anyway, FINALLY today we got BCV all set for 11/19-11/23, but unfortunately had to waitlist the 23/24th. Still have CSR as backup for the 23rd-25th but at "our DVC Guy's" 7-month mark he'll (hopefully) be booking us at the Poly if the BVC waitlist doesn't come through by then. I know we're only giving it a couple weeks, but I'll feel better having a resort we're happy with booked for our whole stay, and we don't mind a BVC/Poly split at all. In fact, I'd actually prefer that over all BC!

Now to get our flights booked tomorrow when JetBlue releases November.................:teeth:

Whew! OK! Finally have a definite resort booked! We booked CSR a few weeks ago because DH couldn't decide if he wanted to rent DVC points again - he's not good at making decisions :sad2: Last year we rented points and had BWV booked in March. Anyway, FINALLY today we got BCV all set for 11/19-11/23, but unfortunately had to waitlist the 23/24th. Still have CSR as backup for the 23rd-25th but at "our DVC Guy's" 7-month mark he'll (hopefully) be booking us at the Poly if the BVC waitlist doesn't come through by then. I know we're only giving it a couple weeks, but I'll feel better having a resort we're happy with booked for our whole stay, and we don't mind a BVC/Poly split at all. In fact, I'd actually prefer that over all BC!

Now to get our flights booked tomorrow when JetBlue releases November.................:teeth:

Wishing you all the luck with DVC! We wanted to rent as well through a broker but for various reasons we were going to wait and try to get the Poly at 7 months(so no $2 premium per point). From all my lurking on the DVC board though that seems near impossible to accomplish through a broker for that time of year. Seems like you need to be online at 8am to get it so I am crossing my fingers your guy can do it(or someone switches from BCV freeing up your waitlists!) I do still have a request in with a broker for the Poly but not expecting it to happen. So right now we are booked at POFQ which will be new to us and I'm sure will be nice :jester:

We are booked at AKL for 11/6-11/13. I am so excited! I am waiting for JetBlue to release our dates. DH has points from when he used to travel with work so I am hoping he has enough for a one way ticket. We also got a venture capital charge for the 40,000 points, which are waiting to be applied to airfare. Now just waiting for jet blue!

I am also excited to book ADR's next month! I cannot wait for Disney to release the park hours so I can plan which park for each day. And this is why I need our airfare booked so I know if we will be able to do a park on arrival day. So much to plan haha!

I have only been to Disney once when I was 17 and then to AK for a day when I was 26. This will be our first family trip and my kids will be 3 and 5 so I am really excited.

We are booked at AKL for 11/6-11/13. I am so excited! I am waiting for JetBlue to release our dates. DH has points from when he used to travel with work so I am hoping he has enough for a one way ticket. We also got a venture capital charge for the 40,000 points, which are waiting to be applied to airfare. Now just waiting for jet blue!

I am also excited to book ADR's next month! I cannot wait for Disney to release the park hours so I can plan which park for each day. And this is why I need our airfare booked so I know if we will be able to do a park on arrival day. So much to plan haha!

I have only been to Disney once when I was 17 and then to AK for a day when I was 26. This will be our first family trip and my kids will be 3 and 5 so I am really excited.
Hi! Just happened to see your post right now-you know JB is supposed to release their Nov. flights today at noon? We're waiting, too :goodvibes so hopefully we'll both have flights in a few hours!

We stayed at AKL for the first time in Jan. and fell in love with it. Really wanted to stay again for this trip but didn't work out that way. Hope you guts love it, too!

Hi! Just happened to see your post right now-you know JB is supposed to release their Nov. flights today at noon? We're waiting, too :goodvibes so hopefully we'll both have flights in a few hours!

We stayed at AKL for the first time in Jan. and fell in love with it. Really wanted to stay again for this trip but didn't work out that way. Hope you guts love it, too!

Thank you! I just checked again and they are there!

Wishing you all the luck with DVC! We wanted to rent as well through a broker but for various reasons we were going to wait and try to get the Poly at 7 months(so no $2 premium per point). From all my lurking on the DVC board though that seems near impossible to accomplish through a broker for that time of year. Seems like you need to be online at 8am to get it so I am crossing my fingers your guy can do it(or someone switches from BCV freeing up your waitlists!) I do still have a request in with a broker for the Poly but not expecting it to happen. So right now we are booked at POFQ which will be new to us and I'm sure will be nice :jester:
POFQ is very nice! We've stayed there 2x, the small size is a nice change rom large resorts.
I do know that, as of yesterday, the Poly was available for all nights of our stay so if BC doesn't come through I'm hoping at least the last 3 nights are still available once we can book! Hope you can get it, too.
When does the 7 month window open for you?

I just booked airfare for Nov 5th-14th and will get down to business renting points at OKW next week. I have to get my ADRs planned now. I think my 180 day window starts May3rd.

POFQ is very nice! We've stayed there 2x, the small size is a nice change rom large resorts.
I do know that, as of yesterday, the Poly was available for all nights of our stay so if BC doesn't come through I'm hoping at least the last 3 nights are still available once we can book! Hope you can get it, too.
When does the 7 month window open for you?

Our 7month would be Apr 13th. There's a small part of me that's hoping it will come through but I probably have a better chance at winning the lotto! I am content with POFQ though, I've been watching videos and I am excited to try it out and experience it. And those beignets! And the boat to Disney Springs!

Still I will keep my fingerscrossed for both of us! :shamrock:

JUST got back from a wonderful 22nd wedding anniversary trip to Disneyland. It was magical.

We decided to take the (grown) kids this fall for our daughter's 21st. Best of both worlds...Epcot Food & Wine AND Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!! Woot!!

Universal Hard Rock Nov 7-10
Beach Club Nov 10-15

SOOOOOOO excited!

So how bad is Thanksgiving week? I'm thinking of the Saturday before Thanksgiving through either Thanksgiving day or the Friday.

We are rope drop people and usually leave the park around 3pm to head back to our resort unless we are doing nighttime entertainment.

So how bad is Thanksgiving week? I'm thinking of the Saturday before Thanksgiving through either Thanksgiving day or the Friday.

We are rope drop people and usually leave the park around 3pm to head back to our resort unless we are doing nighttime entertainment.
We did Thanksgiving last year, the Fri. Before through the Sat. after. It was definitely the busiest time we've been there but honestly, it was nothing like we thought it would be. I will say RD is almost a necessity unless rides/attractions aren't your priority. The days we made RD were awesome, we got tons done those first few hours and really the only days we felt crowds were heavy were the couple days leading up to Thanksgiving, which is the opposite of what most people say. AK on Thanksgiving wasn't bad at all and on Black Friday (I'm a shopper so can't help calling it that!) MK was great 8-12:30 but then we felt it getting crowded. Epcot that day from 2-9ish certainly wasn't dead but was definitely enjoyable.

Negatives were no good FP's (for us) after using our initial 3 and QS locations were CRAZY during peak meal times. Like 30 minute long lines crazy lol. We're doing the same week this year though so that should tell you something :)

Ok... I need help! There isn't a headache like a WDW planning headache. I wish I can be a kid again and just show up and go along with what my parents planned 25+ years ago. However, I'm an adult with a family and I guess I have to plan. I'm getting information overload with all the researching. I have FOMO syndrome. Fear Of Missing Out adds another layer of complexity.

Details...
Party of 7. Me, my dad, wife and 4 children (well adults according to Disney).
Sunday Nov 20th - Friday Nov 25th at the POLY
4 day park passes for Mon-Thur (My FOMO kicked in so we have park hopper)
Quick Dining Plan (Although we would like to do one table service for Thanksgiving. We were thinking Spirit of Aloha or Ohana)

We will show up on Sunday around 10am at the resort and take advantage of the pools, amenities and start our quick dining until we can officially check into our room. We will stay at the resort all day. When Monday comes we will run around trying to do and see as much as possible.

We are early risers and go to bed early. However, we will make a vow to stay up as long as possible and take soak in as much as possible.

I hear HWS and AK are not full day parks. I need help with parks and hopping. What would you do?

ETA... this is my dad and my kids first time. My wife and I went when we were younger.

It's a bit late but yippee, April is here, where is the time going? I'm not complaining though!!!

I'm hoping for nicer weather so we can squeeze in a few pool days. In 2012 we had perfect pool weather the beginning of December :)

Waiting patiently for park hours to be released :rolleyes1

If you want to combine DHS and AK into one day, you definitely could....but you will have to choose which one you prefer to see the night time entertainment at. DHS has Fantasmic, AK will have Rivers of Light (opening soon). So start at one park in the morning at RD, hit the big rides and then transfer to the other park for the afternoon. Get fast passes at the afternoon park since lines will be long when you arrive. Then stay for the night time entertainment and hit any other big rides before park closing (when lines will hopefully shorten up).

Ok... I need help! There isn't a headache like a WDW planning headache. I wish I can be a kid again and just show up and go along with what my parents planned 25+ years ago. However, I'm an adult with a family and I guess I have to plan. I'm getting information overload with all the researching. I have FOMO syndrome. Fear Of Missing Out adds another layer of complexity.

Details...
Party of 7. Me, my dad, wife and 4 children (well adults according to Disney).
Sunday Nov 20th - Friday Nov 25th at the POLY
4 day park passes for Mon-Thur (My FOMO kicked in so we have park hopper)
Quick Dining Plan (Although we would like to do one table service for Thanksgiving. We were thinking Spirit of Aloha or Ohana)

We will show up on Sunday around 10am at the resort and take advantage of the pools, amenities and start our quick dining until we can officially check into our room. We will stay at the resort all day. When Monday comes we will run around trying to do and see as much as possible.

We are early risers and go to bed early. However, we will make a vow to stay up as long as possible and take soak in as much as possible.

I hear HWS and AK are not full day parks. I need help with parks and hopping. What would you do?

ETA... this is my dad and my kids first time. My wife and I went when we were younger.
So exciting taking kids for the first time :goodvibes

Many people do say AK and HS are half-day parks, and half-day can mean different things to different people: done in 3 hours, or 6 hours, or for those who stay in other parks from open to close, is half day 8 hours?

For a first visit (which I would classify yours as :) ) I hate to tell people ANY park is a half-day, because we don't know and even you don't know all that will interest you. By the time you go, AK will hopefully have all their nighttime entertainment and additional entertainment, and it's reputation as a half-day park may very well change. I'd plan a full or full-ish day there.

HS is another story unfortunately. It also happens to have been my favorite park, holding on by a string now. If you're SW fans I'd again say plan for a full day. If nobody is, that might be a good day to plan to hop since you got the hoppers anyway. If you're interested in Fantasmic, HS's night show, you could always go there early, leave mid-day to go to another park (Epcot is closest) then hop back for F!. Just a suggestion. As far as hopping other days I think you should figure out exactly what and how much you think you want to do in each park. With technically one day per park and maybe a half day to revisit one, you may not want to hop a lot. We do always get hoppers but we go often and find them very convenient for eating since we tend to eat a lot in Epcot regardless of where we were during the day.

After you all figure out how much interests you in each park you can decide if and when you think spending less than a full day makes sense. And do it soon, not much longer till it's time to make ADR's lol!! As I mentioned in a post above, having gone last Thanksgiving it'll serve you well being early risers. Making RD is a plus any time of year and most definitely will be a benefit the week you're going. Coincidentally we'll be there when you are, the 19-26th.

Hope I didn't confuse you and keep in mind what I've said is my opinion, there are lots of touring plans/strategies that work and lots of opinons on which parks deserve the most time. Except the part about making RD, that's fact :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter