OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

I don't want to get you nervous but same chances of seeing snakes in any of the other parks and wherever you are staying.
This makes me a little nervous for being at AK at night since someone posted it was pretty dark and they needed to add more lighting on the walkways :scared1:

This makes me a little nervous for being at AK at night since someone posted it was pretty dark and they needed to add more lighting on the walkways :scared1:

they fixed that between friday and saturday.. it was much better and they didn't turn off all the lights on the second night.

Awesome summary in the 1st few posts, thanks for putting this together. Sorry if I missed it but when is & Jungle Book show & related dining pkg booking through currently? Could that info be added to the front post? It would be helpful for those like me with dates after early Sept to keep track if JB &/or ROL opens more dates. Thanks!

P.S. What is LKQP?

Waiting for JB. Had some excitement. A snake behind us. Not Kaa. An announcement came through earlier that the show may be stopped mid-show due to incoming inclement weather.

And that is exactly why I'm always on edge when we're at AK. At least during the day I have a chance of seeing the snake before it's too close to me. While I'm really looking forward to seeing AK at night, I'm already having anxiety about the possibility of unexpectedly running into a snake. I think it will be a double-dose Ativan day. :D

I don't want to get you nervous but same chances of seeing snakes in any of the other parks and wherever you are staying.

I've seen one but for the life of me I can't remember now where it was. Last summer, and it was a baby. Rather cute little thing actually. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a snake. It's outdoors and it's Florida.

This is why ignorance is bliss sometimes...TERRIFIED of snakes, but never crossed my mind before (or perhaps I chose to not think about it) cause it's Disney, but now...:worship:o_Oo_Oo_O

Oh, I know. I've seen them at Pop Century several times and I don't venture out to Tom Sawyer's Island at MK because I know I'm just asking for trouble if I do. AK is always tough for me. I love the park -- I think it's gorgeous and I especially can't wait to see it at night. But I also know (at least in my Pollyanna mind) that my chances of being startled by a snake at AK during the day -- while real -- are significantly lower than at night when it's dark and I can only see a few feet in front of me rather than several dozen yards in front of me. I'm also very claustrophobic so just walking down the paths at AK is difficult for me even without the constant visual sweeps of the path and trees to check for snakes. I can guarantee you that if I'm startled by a snake at AK (or anywhere for that matter), everyone in the park at that time will know about it. And I will be sprinting towards the bus stop while swallowing a few Ativan tablets. :)

I know it will all be fine, but it is something I (probably needlessly) stress about.

Oh, I know. I've seen them at Pop Century several times and I don't venture out to Tom Sawyer's Island at MK because I know I'm just asking for trouble if I do. AK is always tough for me. I love the park -- I think it's gorgeous and I especially can't wait to see it at night. But I also know (at least in my Pollyanna mind) that my chances of being startled by a snake at AK during the day -- while real -- are significantly lower than at night when it's dark and I can only see a few feet in front of me rather than several dozen yards in front of me. I'm also very claustrophobic so just walking down the paths at AK is difficult for me even without the constant visual sweeps of the path and trees to check for snakes. I can guarantee you that if I'm startled by a snake at AK (or anywhere for that matter), everyone in the park at that time will know about it. And I will be sprinting towards the bus stop while swallowing a few Ativan tablets. :)

I know it will all be fine, but it is something I (probably needlessly) stress about.
At Pop Century? Where exactly?

I know it's getting a lot of mixed reviews right now, but JB is actually growing on me as I keep watching it on Youtube. I'm actually thinking I'll enjoy this show when i see it. I am sensing it's a lot like the Festival of the Lion King (my favorite Disney theme park show) with having highlights of the songs from the film and then ending with the medley of songs.
FOTLK is one of the best shows in WDW. No way to compare it to JB. They are NOTHING alike, other than they are both in AK. Just my opinion..

This is why ignorance is bliss sometimes...TERRIFIED of snakes, but never crossed my mind before (or perhaps I chose to not think about it) cause it's Disney, but now...:worship:o_Oo_Oo_O

I nearly stepped on a big snake at CSR. He was on the steps leading to the pool. :scared1: I screamed so loud I embarrassed myself, but no one even glanced my way.

We saw a snake moving quickly from up by the Japan pavilion to the rocks by the lake a few years back during Illuminations. I'm guessing it went up in the morning before park opening, then later thought, "crap, how will I get back down there with all of those people?"

We also watched a bird harass a snake at WL several years back, and have seen them near the entrance at Epcot and in the water by Crystal Palace.

It's Florida.

At Pop Century? Where exactly?

On the sidewalk and once by the pool. A CM caught and relocated the one by the pool and I changed direction whenever i saw one on the sidewalk but those probably just mosied on to wherever they were going to.

Seriously? There's a snake thread? The dis really does cover everything at Disney :D

There actually used to be a website that people could go to and report their snake sightings at Disney. The owner of the site kept running tabs of the various locations. That's what made me decide that Tom Sawyer Island was not someplace I needed to visit. Unfortunately the website no longer exists.

FOTLK is one of the best shows in WDW. No way to compare it to JB. They are NOTHING alike, other than they are both in AK. Just my opinion..
Oh I know. Festival of the Lion King is the best Disney Theme Park at WDW and Disneyland in my opinion. I was just comparing it based on the music. Not the show in itself. Sorry if I didn't quite get my point across. I will be seeing the Festival of the Lion King two or three times my day at Animal kingdom next week, but I'll only see the Jungle Book twice (have another trip planned at the end of June) until it's gone most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter