• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Did anyone have a chance to ride KRR at night? I'm assuming it's just different lighting, but curious if it felt like a new experience.

As I sit in my car waiting for my daughter to come out of rehearsals there has been a consistent thunderstorm going on for the past hour and a half. I'm sure our regular thunderstorms here in Orlando will have negative impact on night time activities at Animal Kingdom. A lot of angry people because the Jungle Book show will be cancelled and they would have paid money for the different dining packages also the Safari ,Everest, Kali the Tree of Life and all of the Night Time Entertainment will be cancelled.

As I sit in my car waiting for my daughter to come out of rehearsals there has been a consistent thunderstorm going on for the past hour and a half. I'm sure our regular thunderstorms here in Orlando will have negative impact on night time activities at Animal Kingdom. A lot of angry people because the Jungle Book show will be cancelled and they would have paid money for the different dining packages also the Safari ,Everest, Kali the Tree of Life and all of the Night Time Entertainment will be cancelled.

It's that time of year again.

Last night's last show was canceled too.

My dh and I were talking about this last night. We both think even if it's just rain no lightning, the show would be canceled for the performers safety. What do you think?

Did anyone have a chance to ride KRR at night? I'm assuming it's just different lighting, but curious if it felt like a new experience.
I didn't ride it (a bit too cool to get soaked), but we talked to several that did. They said KRR was awesome at night...same for Everest.

We did it Sat around 10:15pm and there was NO line. I'm not a big fan of it in general - no real Disney theming that I can tell and night didn't seem any different. Seemed fun because it was so hot and there were only a few people on our raft but no real "wow" factor.

We did it Sat around 10:15pm and there was NO line. I'm not a big fan of it in general - no real Disney theming that I can tell and night didn't seem any different. Seemed fun because it was so hot and there were only a few people on our raft but no real "wow" factor.
Wow, no line! We do enjoy the ride, but can understand why others might not. I think we'll try it just for something new. Thanks for the feedback!

Wow, no line! We do enjoy the ride, but can understand why others might not. I think we'll try it just for something new. Thanks for the feedback!

We thought EE was great and did it 3 times at night between Sat and Sun nights. Don't let the wait times scare you - both nights it said 30-45 min and was maybe a 5 min wait. The Tree awakening was incredible. But KRR just seemed like a typical theme park (i.e. Not Disney) ride. If you have a 6 Flags near you open at night I'd skip it in favor of the other options. If it's hot, lines are short and you don't mind getting wet, you could easily do it several times. They wouldn't let people stay on but didn't make you go all the way through the entire queue - there was a turnaround point you could just jump back in the line quickly.

It's that time of year again.

Last night's last show was canceled too.

My dh and I were talking about this last night. We both think even if it's just rain no lightning, the show would be canceled for the performers safety. What do you think?
I'm sure they will cancel even if it's just a drizzle, there's too much dancing to do it on a wet stage

We thought EE was great and did it 3 times at night between Sat and Sun nights. Don't let the wait times scare you - both nights it said 30-45 min and was maybe a 5 min wait. The Tree awakening was incredible. But KRR just seemed like a typical theme park (i.e. Not Disney) ride. If you have a 6 Flags near you open at night I'd skip it in favor of the other options. If it's hot, lines are short and you don't mind getting wet, you could easily do it several times. They wouldn't let people stay on but didn't make you go all the way through the entire queue - there was a turnaround point you could just jump back in the line quickly.
Oh, interesting! Can't believe the wait times are so inflated. But so good to know in advance. Like you said, if lines are short, we might just do that. EE at night is at the top of our list, so that will definitely be priority. Glad you got to enjoy it three times! :goodvibes

It was a bit of a disaster tonight. Rain and thunderstorms were constant, so both JB shows were cancelled. We did the safari, but rained so hard, we saw hardly any animals. No dance parties and tough to be a bug closed due to power surge. No EE either. We saw one show on tree of life which was lovely, but then rain was intense so we left. No FP available for the JB show for the rest of our trip, and we don't want to do standby line. So disappointed

It was a bit of a disaster tonight. Rain and thunderstorms were constant, so both JB shows were cancelled. We did the safari, but rained so hard, we saw hardly any animals. No dance parties and tough to be a bug closed due to power surge. No EE either. We saw one show on tree of life which was lovely, but then rain was intense so we left. No FP available for the JB show for the rest of our trip, and we don't want to do standby line. So disappointed
Did you have a FP for JB for tonight? If so, check your MDE FP area or My Reservations to see if they have loaded in an anytime FP. @marciemi reported she received an anytime FP due to JB being canceled the other night.

Did you have a FP for JB for tonight? If so, check your MDE FP area or My Reservations to see if they have loaded in an anytime FP. @marciemi reported she received an anytime FP due to JB being canceled the other night.
Yes, we had a FP for the second show. We did receive an anytime FP to use tomorrow, but it's not valid for the Jungle Book show. In the email I received from Disney, it says the anytime FP is good for any attraction except the Jungle Book show. Before leaving the park, we tried at Guest Relations to get a FP for the show for our remaining nights, but it's sold out. Does anyone know how long the standby line is for the second show? After reading the reviews of the show, hubby doesn't want to wait in a long line.

I can completely understand the disappointment of the JB shows being cancelled....but like most outdoor attractions, its weather permitting. One year we had the Fireworks Dessert Party and the perfect ADR for Illuminations viewing....it poured (hard) both nights. I remember thinking, I hope the fireworks don't get cancelled. I planned this all out please don't get cancelled. Luckily they did not and when it poured throughout the shows we were covered or indoors. I'm glad to have read these posts about the JB show. Planning 2 nights at AK will now be our strategy in case of inclement weather. Please people...bring insect repellent and enjoy the show.

Yes, we had a FP for the second show. We did receive an anytime FP to use tomorrow, but it's not valid for the Jungle Book show. In the email I received from Disney, it says the anytime FP is good for any attraction except the Jungle Book show. Before leaving the park, we tried at Guest Relations to get a FP for the show for our remaining nights, but it's sold out. Does anyone know how long the standby line is for the second show? After reading the reviews of the show, hubby doesn't want to wait in a long line.
Thanks for clarifying for me. :)

Out of all the JB threads, I think marciemi is the only one who entered without a FP for the 2nd show:
"1. We were weathered out (like everyone else) from the 9pm show. Some CM's told us we could use the FPP again; others told us it should show up as an anytime FP. It eventually did but not until about 9:30 or so. We decided to just stick with Everest for a bit and planned to not bother with the show again. But when we left EE, it was about 10:25 and the theater didn't look full so we asked another CM if there was any way we could come in (FP side) since we'd had the FP for the earlier show. He said no and explained the anything FPP. I asked if there was a time when they might open it up since there was still seating. He asked how many we had (2) and passed us off to another CM. Thought she was going to lead us over to standby but she took use through a different entrance and put us right in the middle! (Section I in the above map)."

How can they if the shows are all booked up though?

If they're allowing standby folks into the shows, they're not "all booked up." I can also say our show was "sold out," but there were definitely still seats in the FP sections. Not great seats, mind you, but seats.

Seems to me that as they tweak things with the show, accommodating folks whose plans were disrupted by weather should go on the radar. There is NO reason they can't funnel displaced FP in front of standby.

Some of the reason we were given good seats for the second show are probably that it had been raining/storming for so long that a lot of people with FPP's for either show had probably gone home, plus we asked within a few minutes before the show was about to start, so they could see there were still plenty of empty seats (and we were wearing our anniversary buttons - not sure if that helps too!). I'm guessing for clear nights (if we ever have any!) they wouldn't have the same availability.

However, there was lots of confusion probably as to what protocol was since this was the first night they'd had the rainout. As Hiro posted from me above, different CM's told us different things. Heck, Touring Plans (not random people but Touring Plans itself) was posting the next day that your FPP's for JB would be honored for 4 days. That was quickly rescinded. Our "special" FPP didn't appear until well after the show, which I think caused some of the confusion for CM's too. I'm assuming they'll figure out a set routine soon, especially if at least one show a night is rained out like has been happening!

While I agree it's disappointing that the FPP is good for pretty much everything BUT the JB show again, you have to admit it's kind of cool to be able to grab another Soarin' or A&E or 7 Dwarves the next day in whatever park you're in! :)

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice for things that I should add/take away from the first post?

If so, let me know. Just tag me in the post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter