"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

This may be a silly question. But what do you do while you wait in line for 45+ minutes? Do you sit on the floor and standing the whole time? My DH and DS (10) will be with me so I figure one of us will take DS around to keep him company (i.e. walk around gift shop or get some snack to eat). I read somewhere that someone brought a vinyl table cover as floor mat to sit on the ground in case it's wet from rain. Any other tips?

Can someone critique/add to my plans? We are going to the party November 29th :) and I am not married to any of the fastpasses we have picked.

2:00 Chef Mickey's Brunch

4:00 PM Enter

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Space Mountain

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall

6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Get in line to meet The Seven Dwarfs

After meeting The Seven Dwarfs, get in line to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and her Prince, Aurora and Prince Phillip, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen

8:15 PM A Frozen Holiday Wish - Castle Lighting

10:00 PM Holiday Wishes

10:30 PM Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration

11:00 PM Holiday Parade watching in Frontierland

Get in line to meet Mary Poppins and Bert

11:35 PM Tomorrowland Christmas Show

Get in line to meet Sandy Claws or Nick Wilde/Judy Hopps or another character like Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu, Captain Jack Sparrow, Scrooge McDuck, Donald and Daisy, Mickey Mouse, Santa Claus
Snow/Aurora's line was 60+ minutes all 4 times I checked during the first party. My husband ran to it after the fireworks and we were done in an hour. It was well past an hour wait right at 7pm as well.

Here now - after getting past the magic band turn styles at 4pm we just walked up to a group of CMs handing out party bands and they strapped them on without even checking.

Here now - after getting past the magic band turn styles at 4pm we just walked up to a group of CMs handing out party bands and they strapped them on without even checking.

When this was happening at the Halloween Party one time, the best advice I saw (imo) was to go to guest services in the park and let them know. Especially if you see anyone who very obviously came for a wristband that very obviously does NOT have a party ticket.

When this was happening at the Halloween Party one time, the best advice I saw (imo) was to go to guest services in the park and let them know. Especially if you see anyone who very obviously came for a wristband that very obviously does NOT have a party ticket.
How would you know that? If you are going to the party, you have to come in on the right. Regular tickets are on the left.

How would you know that? If you are going to the party, you have to come in on the right. Regular tickets are on the left.

At the Halloween party once there were people coming through the taps on the left and then wandering over to the right to get in line for a "free" wristband. No one was checking to see that they had a paid ticket, but other guests saw it happening. CM's handing out the wristbands didn't seem to care. This is all my recollection of the posts I saw from a particular night or two.

Thanks for the updates everyone!

Going to the party next Tuesday. Says 40% chance of rain. Anyone else going a little worried?

Meet & Greet question. My first party. If we want to get over to see Scrooge/Donald, and get there early, is there something telling us where the line begins? Figuring theres a sign or something?
Great news! Accuweather took most of the rain out! They change every day so keep an eye on it!

Here now...arrived at 5:45 and they weren't checking for tickets - just giving wristbands to everyone who approached the cast members behind the turnstiles. I've always had them check for party tickets in the past. It's really crowded right now- anyone know what they cap attendance at for the parties?

At the Halloween party once there were people coming through the taps on the left and then wandering over to the right to get in line for a "free" wristband. No one was checking to see that they had a paid ticket, but other guests saw it happening. CM's handing out the wristbands didn't seem to care. This is all my recollection of the posts I saw from a particular night or two.

That's what was happening tonight - no one checking for tickets....just handing out wristbands to pretty much everyone who came through the gate.

That's what was happening tonight - no one checking for tickets....just handing out wristbands to pretty much everyone who came through the gate.

If it bothers you (and it would certainly bother me), consider letting them know at guest services. They should be checking to be sure people have party tickets before giving them a wristband.

That makes me so sad and angry! Honest people have paid so much money for this! About $1400 for us! I think the average person wouldn't even be coming in the park at that time- let alone know to go get a free wristband- has to be people that know exactly what they are doing! Maybe Disney doesn't care- maybe paying party guest numbers are down and they don't want it to look that way- while hoping that if they let them in free they will make purchases!!

And of course discussing it on the boards puts ideas in people's heads . . . still I agree it needs to be reported.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter