"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

stop it... :blush:

Sweet Lady, Yulilin, I'd follow you anywhere around the WDW, you know it like the back of your hand... Heck I think even better than the back of your hand! I am so very very thankful for all the tips you have given me over the years! I know for certain we would have been so lost at that first SWW Hubby and I went to.... and we got to do some great stuff we would have never been able to do if it hadn't been for your advise! You are the bomb!

So for my dumbest question ever, when people say the garden, do you mean on the actual grass or on the walkway behind the rail behind the grass? I have never watched from there and am considering it. Is this any better than the side near Casey's?
Yes, the grass. And I actually prefer the Casey's side.

Sweet Lady, Yulilin, I'd follow you anywhere around the WDW, you know it like the back of your hand... Heck I think even better than the back of your hand! I am so very very thankful for all the tips you have given me over the years! I know for certain we would have been so lost at that first SWW Hubby and I went to.... and we got to do some great stuff we would have never been able to do if it hadn't been for your advise! You are the bomb!
AGREE 100%!!!

Question about the parade:

We are on the fence about whether it's something we really need to see. We are NOT parade people in general. We saw MSEP last year once but I was just "meh" about it. I've tried watching a video of the Christmas parade and I do enjoy the music but again, it just seems rather blah. It's not my thing. Having said that, everywhere I look people seem to say the ENTIRE party hinges on the parade and the fireworks (we DO want to see the fireworks). Like I'm some sort of moron if I miss it or something. We've considered strategies for where to get a good spot and everything but somehow I keep coming back to - is it really THAT big of a deal?

If you are like me and not really a parade person, did you make a point of seeing the Christmas parade? Are you glad you saw it or did you feel like your time could have been better spent elsewhere?

Thanks for any btdt advice!

We are on the fence about whether it's something we really need to see. We are NOT parade people in general. We saw MSEP last year once but I was just "meh" about it. I've tried watching a video of the Christmas parade and I do enjoy the music but again, it just seems rather blah. It's not my thing. Having said that, everywhere I look people seem to say the ENTIRE party hinges on the parade and the fireworks (we DO want to see the fireworks). Like I'm some sort of moron if I miss it or something. We've considered strategies for where to get a good spot and everything but somehow I keep coming back to - is it really THAT big of a deal?

If you are like me and not really a parade person, did you make a point of seeing the Christmas parade? Are you glad you saw it or did you feel like your time could have been better spent elsewhere?

I am not a parade person -- don't think I've ever made it all the way through FOF or MSEP. With that said, I LOVE the parades at the Halloween party and the Christmas party. I always go to the second parade -- much less crowded. It doesn't require staking out a seat much in advance, and both parades are just incredibly well done. The falling snow on Main Street, the music, the parade -- it gets you in the Christmas spirit for sure!

Does it snow on main st all night? Is the railroad running during the party?
It's not all night, but it definitely snows more than just during the parade. I remember standing at the end of the street with the castle in the background , right where all the photopass photographers are, and it was snowing like crazy really late at night, probably near midnight. So pretty and magical. :santa:

Ok, I'm sorry, but I think I missed some info. Are they showing the projection show on the castle during the party or no????:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

If the parade isnt important to you I wouldn't waste time getting a great spot and I would just try to be second row for seeing it.

I will be in the minority here, but not really being a huge parade person myself, I get where you are coming from. 2 years ago we did the party for the first time and we did see 1 of the parades. It was good, but this time we are not making it a priority and will probably take advantage of low ride and meet n greets during that time. I'm not sorry we did the parade once, but do I have to do it again? No, not this time. If you know you are not a parade person, then you probably already answered your own question!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter