"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Okay so I'm new here an been trying to read all I can on the party ,that being said we have never been to wdw this will be our first visit ever.I have tried to pack in as much as possible on this trip,but leaving recoupe time to.My question is I have resevations at bog at 630 it was the only time slot available as of now,will that cramp the getting in line for parade an the castle an meet n greets? Looking for advice this has been a trip in the making for 10 years thank you for any help I can get. Lost Dad looking for help lol.

Depending on WHO you want to meet n greet, that late of an ADR could mess with your party plans. This is a pretty good guide with some good tips. Read or scroll through to the bottom to get to the meet n greets, but it's a good read just to orient yourself to the party.

http://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

IF Be Our Guest is important, first, keep checking for other ADRs throughout your stay. Second, I would try checking in to the podium around 6:00 and ask to be seated as soon as they can do it. When you order, ask them to bring your check and settle up while you're waiting on your food. This way, you can just leave when your finished eating.

Agree. Also, keep checking MDE daily/weekly for an earlier time. Also, go to the Disney Dining Reservation forum & check the November & December Cancellation Threads, not sure which month you're going. PP post ADRs they're canceling & will coordinate with you. I don't recommend ADRs during party time, but your situation is different, so guessing this only day you can go to BoG. You definitely want to see it decked out for Christmas & have photos with the Beast.

Do most of the character meet-and-greets during the party have PhotoPass photographers?

For the Olaf fans out there, read on a blog that Olaf will be a meet and greet this year! Can't wait to find out more details about this party!

What's your source? Was rumored back in 2014, but not true. Frozen characters were added to Christmas Parade & added Frozen Holiday Wish Castle Show.

I've only ever been to one "party" there. If it's anything like it was a couple years ago, the parade & fireworks will be very crowded. The rides will have minimal lines.

It sounds like it will still be pretty crowded but if wait times for rides are still pretty short it might still be worth it... Is it still people shoulder to shoulder when trying to get out of the park after fireworks? Another question I have is how do they make people who enter the park before party time leave or are they allowed to stay?
My two biggest reasons for getting a ticket would be getting on rides easier, and viewing fireworks without *so many* people it takes away the enjoyment of being there. As silly as it sounds, I'm also wanting to see the snow fall. Is there a particular time or order of events in which they do things that I'll know the snow is about to take place?

We are going with our 4 and 7 year old boys this year. First party for all of us and first time they will have been at Magic Kingdom at night. Our past 2 trips involved days only so they could get to bed . We of course want to see the first parade and fireworks. We also want to meet Scrooge and Peter with Wendy. I am worried about being able to have a good (front row) view of the parade and fireworks. Will I need to find somewhere to sit by 7 and stay there until after the fireworks? That sounds awful. We really want to be able to walk around, ride some rides and take in the atmosphere but I am not sure they will make it too long after the fireworks. Is there a way to see the parade and fireworks that does not include claiming a spot so early?

It sounds like it will still be pretty crowded but if wait times for rides are still pretty short it might still be worth it... Is it still people shoulder to shoulder when trying to get out of the park after fireworks? Another question I have is how do they make people who enter the park before party time leave or are they allowed to stay?
My two biggest reasons for getting a ticket would be getting on rides easier, and viewing fireworks without *so many* people it takes away the enjoyment of being there. As silly as it sounds, I'm also wanting to see the snow fall. Is there a particular time or order of events in which they do things that I'll know the snow is about to take place?
The snow takes place on Main Street during the parade. I'm excited about seeing that too.
And the fireworks are different from the non-party night fireworks. It's Holiday Wishes on party nights and just regular Wishes on non-party nights. So if you want to see regular Wishes, you'll have to go on a non-party night. You can see either of them outside of the park either at the Transportation and Ticket Center or certain areas at the monorail resorts. That's a good way to see them without the huge crowds and mass exodus that occurs afterwards.

The snow takes place on Main Street during the parade. I'm excited about seeing that too.
And the fireworks are different from the non-party night fireworks. It's Holiday Wishes on party nights and just regular Wishes on non-party nights. So if you want to see regular Wishes, you'll have to go on a non-party night. You can see either of them outside of the park either at the Transportation and Ticket Center or certain areas at the monorail resorts. That's a good way to see them without the huge crowds and mass exodus that occurs afterwards.

Does the crowd thin out substantially after the fireworks? We are planning on going this year and now that the kids are older (16&11), we can hang later. I'm hoping for rides during the first parade and to watch the second one. Also, for the fireworks, is there a decent place to watch that isn't on main street? I don't mind if it isn't the "perfect" view, just want to be out of the craziness a bit.

Does the crowd thin out substantially after the fireworks? We are planning on going this year and now that the kids are older (16&11), we can hang later. I'm hoping for rides during the first parade and to watch the second one. Also, for the fireworks, is there a decent place to watch that isn't on main street? I don't mind if it isn't the "perfect" view, just want to be out of the craziness a bit.

This visual and discussion (below) is for regular parade and fireworks, but I think it will give you an idea of where you may want to be. This is our first party too, so if someone with experience can chime in, I'd appreciate it.

http://wdwprepschool.com/the-best-fireworks-and-nighttime-show-viewing-spots-at-disney-world/

Anyone have any idea on how many tickets they sell for each night for the party?

We have already purchased tickets for Dec 1. We are considering adding another party night .

Thanks

Keep in mind most people who buy party tickets do it to see the party specific things. Fireworks, parades, shows and characters stay very busy all night long. If you're there on a sold out night, Main Street will be packed. If you luck into a non sold out night, it will be a little less crowded. But it will still be more crowded than you think it ought to be fore a "limited attendance" event.

Anyone have any idea on how many tickets they sell for each night for the party?

We have already purchased tickets for Dec 1. We are considering adding another party night .

Thanks

They don't release that information.

We always do 2 nights if we can. It allows us to do things during the fireworks and parade one of the nights. And it's nice to have 2 chances to line up early for a first event of the evening. But mostly it lets us relax and not feel so rushed through the whole thing.

I've actually never been to the party, I've just read a lot about it as we're planning to go NEXT year.
This link has all you'd probably need to know:

I'd definitely stick with your plan to watch the second parade. It's supposedly much less crowded. Just like with the regular parades (FoF and MSEP), there are less-congested areas along the route from which to view. The hub in front of the castle all the way down to Town Square will be the most crowded places, but I'm not sure how crowded they'll be for the second viewing. I want to be on Main Street because I want to have the snow. :)

I've actually never been to the party, I've just read a lot about it as we're planning to go NEXT year.
This link has all you'd probably need to know:

I'd definitely stick with your plan to watch the second parade. It's supposedly much less crowded. Just like with the regular parades (FoF and MSEP), there are less-congested areas along the route from which to view. The hub in front of the castle all the way down to Town Square will be the most crowded places, but I'm not sure how crowded they'll be for the second viewing. I want to be on Main Street because I want to have the snow. :)

I've been to many hard ticket parties. I'm not sure I've ever seen the first parade. Second is always the better bet!

Here's another question I haven't seen addressed on the blogs I've read - Are all characters dressed up for Christmas? For example, is Tinkerbell dressed differently? etc?

Here's another question I haven't seen addressed on the blogs I've read - Are all characters dressed up for Christmas? For example, is Tinkerbell dressed differently? etc?

Many of them have been in the past. Minnie wears a peppermint swirl dress, Daisy wears a red dress, Mickey and Donald wear festive clothes. The Pooh friends, Peter and Wendy, and the Dwarves wear scarves and/or hats. I don't think the princesses and princes wear anything different though. Not sure about Tinkerbell.

Many of them have been in the past. Minnie wears a peppermint swirl dress, Daisy wears a red dress, Mickey and Donald wear festive clothes. The Pooh friends, Peter and Wendy, and the Dwarves wear scarves and/or hats. I don't think the princesses and princes wear anything different though. Not sure about Tinkerbell.

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter