• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

For those that have attended parties the last few days, has Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws been meeting guests early? One website I read said he sometimes begins meeting party guests as early as 5pm. We are attending the party on Dec 15

Back home now. (Booooo) I want to share experience of the December 3rd. It was pretty fun since it didn't rain as much as we were excepting. I think this will be our last December trip and Christmas party.

So first my mom and I ate at BOG. We had a 4:15 ressie and were done at around 5:40 and went to the Little Mermaid ride. Next we went to line for Flyn and Rapunzel at around 6:20ish? According to my Photopass, I meet them at 7:20. This Rapunzel meet was so much fun! (Ask Flynn if he has anything in his satchel ;))

Next was the longest wait of the trip. Donald and Scrooge, Daisy and Minnie and Santa Goofy were all meeting at Casey Jr. Splash Center next to Storybook Circus. (PP Time stamp 8:33 pm) Just as I waved goodbye to Goofy it started to rain a bit. Luckily our next character meet was with Winnie and friends where the queue had some big umbrellas to stand under. The characters were on break and we had to wait until 9:26 pm.

As I was getting my hot cocoa the fireworks started so I sat and relaxed at one of the tables at Friar's Nook. I've never seen fireworks up close before since the sound scares me. (Bring earplugs if you're like me because I totally forgot to bring them that night) But this was a good place to watch if you want to sit on a chair/stool and don't care about seeing the castle from the front.
282m8u0.jpg

Finally time to find a parade spot. The Castle hub was crowded but as you get closer to Town Square it gets lighter. I was able to find a front row seat in front of the Christmas tree area across from the Main Street Confectionery. I wasn't facing directly towards Main Street but I was still able to see the Castle stage from where I was!
24vutr5.jpg

Last but not least, Town Square Mickey in his Christmas outfit! After a wait of 3 minutes for the crowds to pass, I got in line with about 6 families in front of me. Meet him at about 11:48 pm.

For those that have attended parties the last few days, has Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws been meeting guests early? One website I read said he sometimes begins meeting party guests as early as 5pm. We are attending the party on Dec 15
Yes, he comes out at 5. People line up at 4.

Jack has had shorter waits after the fireworks through the end of the night. The CMs in that area say the waits are nothing like at Halloween. We waited 15 minutes on Thursday night right after the fireworks.

We are planning a trip for next christmas. Planning on staying st SOG but their calendar online shows red no vacancy for 10 days before christmas:sad2:...which you can't even book yet?! Am I freaking out for no reason?:hyper2:

Dumb question... Where can you get wristbands inside the park if you're already at MK for the day?

Dumb question... Where can you get wristbands inside the park if you're already at MK for the day?

We got ours in Tomorrowland close to the Buzz Lightyear ride. There was a line early on, so we waited a little later to get ours (after 5:30p) and didn't have to wait in a line.

I am so excited! I've convinced the family to take the plunge on this for the 15th. I'm wondering if one of you pros could give some help to a first timer for this party!

So, the main characters kiddo wants are Jacks (Skellington and Sparrow, in that order), the dwarves, and then Flynn with Rapunzel. We also want to catch the parade, voice play and the tomorrowland show. What would be our best course of action if we are worried he will hit the wall around 9?

Do I remember reading that if we have a FP for Cinderella and Rapunzel for around 6, their princes will be there too assuming we have our party bands by then?

Going to my first party in 2 days on the 8th!
I'm a little sad cause I just checked and it's sold out on this day! I was hoping to go to a less crowded event, since I went on a sold out night of MNSSHP as well. (Wasn't too bad, but still.) Ah well, I'm more of a rides person any how. No chance of seeing any of the princesses though I guess.

I am so excited! I've convinced the family to take the plunge on this for the 15th. I'm wondering if one of you pros could give some help to a first timer for this party!

So, the main characters kiddo wants are Jacks (Skellington and Sparrow, in that order), the dwarves, and then Flynn with Rapunzel. We also want to catch the parade, voice play and the tomorrowland show. What would be our best course of action if we are worried he will hit the wall around 9?

Do I remember reading that if we have a FP for Cinderella and Rapunzel for around 6, their princes will be there too assuming we have our party bands by then?
I don't know for sure, but I was told the fp line is separate than the party line which includes the princes. I was going to try to do the same thing (fp at 6)

FYI It took us 2 full parties to get this done...

Going to my first party in 2 days on the 8th!
I'm a little sad cause I just checked and it's sold out on this day! I was hoping to go to a less crowded event, since I went on a sold out night of MNSSHP as well. (Wasn't too bad, but still.) Ah well, I'm more of a rides person any how. No chance of seeing any of the princesses though I guess.

Actually I think almost all the Dec parties sold out last year, from what I remember...so odds are, no matter which date you picked, it would likely be a sellout. Not sure if that makes you feel any better? :)

I don't know for sure, but I was told the fp line is separate than the party line which includes the princes. I was going to try to do the same thing (fp at 6)
You are correct. They have a separate party line to meet with the princes. FP just gets you into the regular M&G line prior to 7. We were there last Thursday and the "party line " was held outside until almost 7 while the regular line was cleared out.

We went to the party on Dec. 4th - it was sold out, but we had no trouble doing everything we wanted. Here was our plan:

Wristbands at 4pm by Philharmagic
Rode a few rides - WTP and PP with FP+, VOTLM and teacups.
4:55pm, lined up for Jack Skellington, we were the sixth family in line. picture stamp says 5:10pm.
5:30 - SDMT with FP+
Watched the caste lighting at 6:15 (the crowds for this were insane and people were so obnoxious charging through as the show started, one guy video taping with both arms in the air to hold the camera so you couldn't see - this is the only thing i would skip)
6:45, lined up for Minnie, Daisy, Scrooge, Donald (we were the 8th family in line). Had hot cocoa while waiting. Picture stamp says 7:08pm.
Goofy Santa - picture stamp says 7:20pm
Buzz Lightyear
tomorrowland party
Met Winnie the Pooh Characters - picture stamp says 8:20.
BTMRR
Splash
Met Raindeer and Elf in adventureland - picture stampt says 9:23
went to main street and secured a curb on Main Street by Casey's fire hydrant for wishes 9:30 and the 10:30 parade.
After the parade, we met Mickey - three people in line in front of us - picture stamp says 11:25pm.
Met Mary Poppins, Bert, and penguin - 11:30pm.
Boat back to the GF!

We had a blast! It was fun to see so many people dressed up and festive. I was shocked at how short the lines were. We could have done more, but didn't want to rush around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter