**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

So excited for our June trip this summer! We purchased our tickets already since we didn't want to pay the higher prices from the price increase. This just made me so excited and I've been looking through our pictures from last years trip with my two boys. What are peoples favorite things to read or watch to help curb your Disney excitement while waiting for your trip?

Hello!

We (me, DH, DS7 & DS6) are WDW vets who are visiting DL for the first time June 3-6 staying at the Grand Californian. We will continue the vacation for the next week in Escondido and visit Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo and another day at DL.

The countdown has begun and now that we are finally in double digits (96 days!) the excitement and anticipation is building! Especially with all of the 60th anniversary special events that we will get to experience.

Flights are booked, hotels are reserved & DL tickets are purchased but now I am starting to panic because I don't know the best way to tour DL & DCA. Do you all suggest using a touring plan? We visit WDW so often that we know the park and how to avoid the crowds. We only have 4 days between DL & DCA so I know we probably won't get to see everything but obviously I want to efficient and see as much as we can. Suggestions welcome!

Hello!

We (me, DH, DS7 & DS6) are WDW vets who are visiting DL for the first time June 3-6 staying at the Grand Californian. We will continue the vacation for the next week in Escondido and visit Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo and another day at DL.

The countdown has begun and now that we are finally in double digits (96 days!) the excitement and anticipation is building! Especially with all of the 60th anniversary special events that we will get to experience.

Flights are booked, hotels are reserved & DL tickets are purchased but now I am starting to panic because I don't know the best way to tour DL & DCA. Do you all suggest using a touring plan? We visit WDW so often that we know the park and how to avoid the crowds. We only have 4 days between DL & DCA so I know we probably won't get to see everything but obviously I want to efficient and see as much as we can. Suggestions welcome!

Have you read Hydroguy's tips? This will give you a ton of useful information. It sounds like you have a really exciting trip planned! Let me try to give you the link to the sticky... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

Thanks for the reminder! I started to read Hydroguy's tips a few months ago and then forgot about them over the holidays. I will start there!

Just booked it's official! DH, DS (17) and I will be flying to San Diego to meet my married daughter (23). Her husband will be in Kuwait.:( The next afternoon we are driving up to Anaheim and have two nights at the CCI. So we can have an evening at World of Color then two full days before driving back to SD the last night. We will still have 2 days to spend in SD.
Daisyx3

We (dd and I along with some others from our High School) will be at DL for a first trip with HOSA for the National Conference.

Updates have been made to everyone's travel dates & info! Sorry for the delay...it's been a busy several days. o_O

My cousin and I just decided on a quickie trip in June because we can't wait for our longer September trip to see the 60th stuff! So we are driving down on the 13th and hitting the parks the 14th and 15th then driving home. We know it will be busy but we don't care! We have AP's and go a few times a year so we really just want to take in all the 60th stuff, especially the fireworks!

I can't wait! We are staying at the Annabella. They have a deal where if you stay at least two nights including a Sunday, that Sunday is 1/2 price!!

It will be me, her 21 year old daughter and my 16 year old niece!

hi everyone, wow a June gang :) I will be arriving in Anaheim Sunday June 28, will have Monday June 29 and Tuesday June 30 in the parks and then will be heading to LAX on Wednesday July 1. I will be staying in Motel 6 Maingate, same as I did last year. I will be meeting up with my friend who lives in Anaheim.

****EDIT****
Just checked the first post
@Butterfly123 @Girimama33 we will be in the park on the same days , waves hello :)

Last edited:
hi everyone, wow a June gang :) I will be arriving in Anaheim Sunday June 28, will have Monday June 29 and Tuesday June 30 in the parks and then will be heading to LAX on Wednesday July 1. I will be staying in Motel 6 Maingate, same as I did last year. I will be meeting up with my friend who lives in Anaheim.

****EDIT****
Just checked the first post
@Butterfly123 @Girimama33 we will be in the park on the same days , waves hello :)

:wave:

We're at 103 days to go! So close to the double digits!

I just got back a month ago, so you'd think I'd have everything we need for this trip, but DD has "graduated" from a little girl to a tween, and her clothes are necessitating her own suitcase this year. And I may have broken my suitcase on this last trip, so.... We need to shop for suitcases (oh darn ;) ).

I also need to figure out how to break the surprise to DD, who knows we are going, but has no idea when. Thinking of not telling her at all, and just waking her up the appointed day, telling her we need to go run some errands, and ending up at the airport. Love surprising her!

Into the double figures. 98 days to go.
Everything booked and ready to go. Just waiting for that 60 day window to make bookings for dinning etc.
Looking forward to the sun as it will be very cold here in Melbourne Australia when we leave.
:teeth:

So what are people's plans for reservations? I am thinking of just trying the free FP option for Fantasmic. It will save money, and there will be a lot of new evening entertainment that we want to check out, so that will be more of a priority this trip. We usually watch Fantasmic a minimum of once a trip...sometimes twice, so not getting the most awesome seat this time will be okay.

We usually have one TS lunch or dinner...we like Cafe Orleans. Then it's usually CS for us...so many good options! So I'm not going to have a lot of reservations to make.

What will you all be up to?

So what are people's plans for reservations? I am thinking of just trying the free FP option for Fantasmic. It will save money, and there will be a lot of new evening entertainment that we want to check out, so that will be more of a priority this trip. We usually watch Fantasmic a minimum of once a trip...sometimes twice, so not getting the most awesome seat this time will be okay.

We usually have one TS lunch or dinner...we like Cafe Orleans. Then it's usually CS for us...so many good options! So I'm not going to have a lot of reservations to make.

What will you all be up to?

We're going for the F! dinner at Blue Bayou. DD has been asking to dine there for ages! She and DH love F! (I'm lukewarm about it), so I thought they would get a kick out of the special seating.

Otherwise, no ressies to make!

@lalasmama oooh whats the Fantasmic dinner at Blue Bayou? Fantasmic is on my list this year, missed it last year and Blue Bayou is one of my must dos. Last year we went to Blue Bayou at 2.30pm, it was a perfect rest from the afternoon crowds and heat. Afterwards we were recharged for the afternoon and evening in the park.

I am thinking about another TS reservation for our second day, any recommendations?

@lalasmama oooh whats the Fantasmic dinner at Blue Bayou? Fantasmic is on my list this year, missed it last year and Blue Bayou is one of my must dos. Last year we went to Blue Bayou at 2.30pm, it was a perfect rest from the afternoon crowds and heat. Afterwards we were recharged for the afternoon and evening in the park.

I am thinking about another TS reservation for our second day, any recommendations?
There's now a F! BB dining package that gets you seating (on the ground with a cushion) for F! :) I haven't looked too much into it yet, as we all know how these things can change, but that's our plan so DD can eat at BB, and she and hubs will get a good view of F! for once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter