***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Thanks for all the info!
So you feel level 2 is good seating? Will my DS5 be able to see well you think?

I've done Hallowishes dessert party, this will be our first Wishes party, but I thought it'd be fun to do in the summer. I think we will do the Plaza seating.

And, again, not sure if my abbreviation was correct, but yes, we are staying at Caribbean Beach Monday night.

14th-15th POR, 15th-17th POLY and Caribbean Beach 17-18th.
Thanks!!!

We had great level 2 seating,, From where we were a five year old would have no problem seeing.

We are booked for a POR Poly split as well.

Hello everyone! I am a bit late to the party but I was hoping for a little advice and thought maybe this would be the best place to post this (?). We are currently booked at Poly from July 14th-21st. It is our first time staying there and we are super excited!! We actually have two potential options for our travel dates: mid-July and the second last week of August. We have been to Disney during the summer before but it has been a while since we have experienced the summer heat and crowds. I have heard that the end of August is a somewhat less busy time during the summer but I was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a significant difference in crowd levels when comparing mid-July to the second last week of August. I don't imagine that the heat factor will be much different based on what I've read thus far but if crowds are markedly different between these two time frames, that may impact our decision as to when to travel (and whether to change our current reservation). I think we are leaning towards July simply because then we won't have to wait an extra month to enjoy WDW :) I am also hoping for some sort of room discount but of course that is not guaranteed and I'm not sure whether that will impact the decision at all. Unfortunately, my kids are at the age where taking time off school is no longer a viable option so summertime it is! Anyway, any comments/suggestions from the planners out there? Any help would be appreciated!

Hello everyone! I am a bit late to the party but I was hoping for a little advice and thought maybe this would be the best place to post this (?). We are currently booked at Poly from July 14th-21st. It is our first time staying there and we are super excited!! We actually have two potential options for our travel dates: mid-July and the second last week of August. We have been to Disney during the summer before but it has been a while since we have experienced the summer heat and crowds. I have heard that the end of August is a somewhat less busy time during the summer but I was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a significant difference in crowd levels when comparing mid-July to the second last week of August. I don't imagine that the heat factor will be much different based on what I've read thus far but if crowds are markedly different between these two time frames, that may impact our decision as to when to travel (and whether to change our current reservation). I think we are leaning towards July simply because then we won't have to wait an extra month to enjoy WDW :) I am also hoping for some sort of room discount but of course that is not guaranteed and I'm not sure whether that will impact the decision at all. Unfortunately, my kids are at the age where taking time off school is no longer a viable option so summertime it is! Anyway, any comments/suggestions from the planners out there? Any help would be appreciated!

:welcome:

This will be our first July at DW. We have gone to DW for the last two weeks of August for the past seven years, so this will be new to us too. I find crowds to be moderate the second last week of August and low during the very last week. I think I would expect moderate/high crowds any time in July based on what I've read. So yeah. I think it will be more crowded in July. I'm just not sure how much more crowded it will feel.

I will add your dates to the first page. If you decide to jump ship, and dive into the August thread, I'll understand. :rotfl:

Hi all! I am relatively new to both the Dis Boards and Disney trips. We booked our first ever on-site trip to Disney World (second-ever trip to WDW) for July 16-22nd, staying at POR. It's part of a larger trip that will actually start with a day at DLR, some time in NM and TX, ending at WDW. Feeling excited, and nervous that I will mess something up and we won't have fun. It somehow feels like a lot of pressure!

Hi all! I am relatively new to both the Dis Boards and Disney trips. We booked our first ever on-site trip to Disney World (second-ever trip to WDW) for July 16-22nd, staying at POR. It's part of a larger trip that will actually start with a day at DLR, some time in NM and TX, ending at WDW. Feeling excited, and nervous that I will mess something up and we won't have fun. It somehow feels like a lot of pressure!
:welcome: The pressure is part of the fun for me. :hyper: Don't worry, you're ahead of the game. Book your ADR's next week and your fp's 60 days out and you're done. Right? :rolleyes: Best advice I can give you is, don't over schedule your days.

I've added your dates. :)

Hi all! Haven't picked out the exact dates just yet but excited to be most likely doing the happy dance with you guys. It's DSis' sweet 16 and she wants to celebrate with a Disney vacation, naturally!

:welcome: The pressure is part of the fun for me. :hyper: Don't worry, you're ahead of the game. Book your ADR's next week and your fp's 60 days out and you're done. Right? :rolleyes: Best advice I can give you is, don't over schedule your days.

I've added your dates. :)

Thanks for adding my dates. I have a spread sheet set up with the ADRs I want. Only think up in the air is whether we are going to try for the Star Wars dessert party. And for our 6 days, I think we only have 1 day where I am going to try to book two dining experiences. We'll do quick service, snacks, etc. I am sure we'll have fun.

I guess we're part of the July group, because the overwhelming bulk of our days are July. Officially, we're June 30th to July 16th. We're summer WDW vets, probably our 7th or 8th summer trip. Buying an AP when we're down there, like we did in summer 2015, so it'll be the first of many trips from July 2017 to July 2018. Can't wait!!!!

I guess we're part of the July group, because the overwhelming bulk of our days are July. Officially, we're June 30th to July 16th. We're summer WDW vets, probably our 7th or 8th summer trip. Buying an AP when we're down there, like we did in summer 2015, so it'll be the first of many trips from July 2017 to July 2018. Can't wait!!!!
:welcome: Just added you! Aren't those long trips the best?

Any reasons? we were in the Mansions building next to AB and loved it. I have not made any requests yet.

For me? Just a different preference of theming I guess. I've stayed in a POR royal room and while I loved my room, I just didn't love the layout of the mansions or the quiet pools. I've only walked around the Alligator Bayou sections and thought they looked kind of neat to stay in and I liked the looks of the quiet pools more.

For me? Just a different preference of theming I guess. I've stayed in a POR royal room and while I loved my room, I just didn't love the layout of the mansions or the quiet pools. I've only walked around the Alligator Bayou sections and thought they looked kind of neat to stay in and I liked the looks of the quiet pools more.

Agree it does have kind of a homey feel. Also at our pool at the mansions there were only adults walking through AB I saw more families. DH wanted to stay in the mansions and we had a great location

Agree it does have kind of a homey feel. Also at our pool at the mansions there were only adults walking through AB I saw more families. DH wanted to stay in the mansions and we had a great location

Having a great location makes all the difference in your enjoyment of a resort. That's for sure. I'm pretty sure if we were in a very remote AB room, I would hate it. I'd probably book a preferred room next time we stay there.

Any reasons? we were in the Mansions building next to AB and loved it. I have not made any requests yet.

Really just because of the theming. Kind of reminds me of WL a bit. I am hoping for a location close to a bus stop. We had to book standard view since that was the only discount option our TA had.

Really just because of the theming. Kind of reminds me of WL a bit. I am hoping for a location close to a bus stop. We had to book standard view since that was the only discount option our TA had.

We are booked standard as well. Last time we were in garden view in Magnolia. It was a great location. Close to a bus stop not too far from the pool and food court. I did not consider it garden view because we had a view of a post,, electrical box and during the day the workers vehicle.

I like the feel and theming of AB however may try to get Magnolia again because of the closeness to the bus stop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter