***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Just booked our July stay today! July 11th-18th. Really excited! My DD and I will be going to Pop~ first time there. We have been going to mods but wanted to save a little $ this time. Will be celebrating her 16th birthday but going just because we love WDW so much!:lovestruc

We'll be down there about the same time, and we are kind of celebrating my DD15's 16th. Her Birthday is Nov 6th, but she can't miss school, so we decided to go in summer. No better way to celebrate a 16th!!!!

Just booked our July stay today! July 11th-18th. Really excited! My DD and I will be going to Pop~ first time there. We have been going to mods but wanted to save a little $ this time. Will be celebrating her 16th birthday but going just because we love WDW so much!:lovestruc
:welcome: Just added your dates! We'll be at Pop the same time. It's one of our favourite resorts!

Love POP My daughter celebrated her 16th at Disney several years ago. Have fun

Well I got all my ADRs, with ease. I had more difficulty getting ADRs in October, November/December and Spring break. Everything I wanted at the times I wanted were there. So nice!
SOA, I just went with Cat 1, not much price difference when I am reserving for 5 and 1 infant. I did book 8:15, because I can't do hot, I get headaches, so I am planning this summer trip with care.
I got BOG PPO, but if EMM is available on our MK day, I will do that instead. (Sunday 16th) We have done BOG PPO twice, and it was great getting SDMT over and being ahead of the crowds. Waiting for Josh or someone to give more details of crowds at rides after the RD crowds are released...

I got Ohanas, CM. TH, if we stick with TH I will cancel CM. Wishes dessert party, I may cancel and watch from Poly beach, we've actually never done that before. My kids have never seen Wishes though, so I thought the dessert party would be a special treat. :)
(We use to stay offsite with our timeshare, until FP+, so we use to leave and not return for night time stuff.)

I reserved Boma bf buffet, we enjoyed it last trip. I am possibly switching from DCB to AKLKV, waiting for DH's points to credit his new card. (I use points for my resorts, he has 3 different cards he uses for his business, so we get lots of hotels for free, it is awesome!:teeth:) We stayed at AKLKV for a night on Spring Break, and my kids loved it, savanna view. :lovestruc
I wont do that until the end of the month, so I'll update my resorts. I also might just do another Poly night instead.
Trying to plan if we do AK, and it's crazy for Pandora, what is the quickest escape back to a resort, but we also want the easiest way to get back for ROL if that is running and we get a dinner pkg.
I plan on driving to AK from Poly, but if we do AKLKV, we can bus it back and forth for breaks. SO I could drive to AK, then drive over and check in, break, and bus back for ROL.
What are the buses like to/from Poly to AK?
I used buses last January for myself and DS4 from PORFQ, and after the Star Wars fireworks, the bus was so packed, DS and I had to stand with a folded stroller, and he kept falling asleep standing so I had to keep him balanced. It was awful and I swore off buses, lol.
I read the buses are not good at DCB, and I am paying cash for that night as of right now, so if I can use points for a resort, I will probably switch to Poly or AKLKV...

And, wow, I just typed a novel, my apologies! I can't talk plans with the kids, they don't care, they just want mom to plan and they enjoy my hard work. Sometimes it helps to just type it out, lol. That and I am finally feeling better, so a little wired! :teeth:

Well I got all my ADRs, with ease. I had more difficulty getting ADRs in October, November/December and Spring break. Everything I wanted at the times I wanted were there. So nice!

That is great
SOA, I just went with Cat 1, not much price difference when I am reserving for 5 and 1 infant. I did book 8:15, because I can't do hot, I get headaches, so I am planning this summer trip with care.

We used the DP(at least for now) so catagory 2 for us

I got Ohanas, CM. TH, if we stick with TH I will cancel CM. Wishes dessert party, I may cancel and watch from Poly beach, we've actually never done that before. My kids have never seen Wishes though, so I thought the dessert party would be a special treat. :)

We like the dessert party. We watched from the Poly beach twice last trip only once was the music playing. I plan on watching from the beach on July 4th though

I plan on driving to AK from Poly, but if we do AKLKV, we can bus it back and forth for breaks. SO I could drive to AK, then drive over and check in, break, and bus back for ROL.
What are the buses like to/from Poly to AK?

We had great luck getting to AK but a hard time getting back. We just missed the bus, watched every other bus come and go at least once. When a bus finally showed the driver said he was dropping off only and another bus would be a long in about 20 minutes I explained that we had been waiting at least that long already. A few minutes later The WL CR bus came we got on planning to take the monorail and the driver said no they were just about to come to our stop to tell us they would drop us off

:teeth:

July 9-17 First DVC @ Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge!!! So Excited!:cool1:
WELCOME HOME!!!!

It is our first home resort. We also own at Vero. We will be there from the 3rd-13. If you have any questions ask away. Love the lodge and our portion of it

Hi All first post. Brand new to disboard.

Will be staying at poly july 1-8. Never have been there for a 4th. First time there, first time at DW as a family (w/a 1 year old)

Does MK historically hit capacity on the 3rd?
My idea was to do MK on the 3rd and Poly beach on the 4th. What do you all think?

BTW, very excited for Pandora, had no idea it even existed until this thread.

Any recommendations for first time summer family?

Will be staying at poly july 1-8. Never have been there for a 4th. First time there, first time at DW as a family (w/a 1 year old)

My idea was to do MK on the 3rd and Poly beach on the 4th. What do you all think?

:welcome: Welcome to the boards and to this thread! I've added your dates to the first page.

I don't think the MK usually hits capacity on the 3rd. I think your plan sounds great! We will be at MK on the 3rd and we will hit Epcot on the 4th for the fireworks, but if we were staying at the Poly, I'd probably be hanging out there. :)

We will be at Riverside from the 30th to the 4th then at Poly for 2 nights. The fireworks were my reason for the 2 days at Poly

Joining the official July thread!! Just booked for July 16-26. We are staying at our home away from home, Shades of Green. This will be an extended family vacation which will make planning a bit of a challenge, but we are all very excited. :yay:

Joining the official July thread!! Just booked for July 16-26. We are staying at our home away from home, Shades of Green. This will be an extended family vacation which will make planning a bit of a challenge, but we are all very excited. :yay:
:welcome: I've added you to the list!

We're booked for July 15-21 at Pop. My DS celebrates his 8th bday on July 16. This is his first trip to WDW. We went to WDL when he was 4. It's a surprise trip for him.

We're booked for July 15-21 at Pop. My DS celebrates his 8th bday on July 16. This is his first trip to WDW. We went to WDL when he was 4. It's a surprise trip for him.
:welcome: Awesome that your son gets to celebrate his birthday at Pop! I've added your dates! :)

Hi all July WDW Trip Planners! :wave2: I'm happy to have found this thread. Our dates:
  • July 13-16 Poly DVC
  • July 16-20 BWV DVC
  • July 20 Homewood Suites by cruise port
  • July 21-24 Disney Dream 3-night cruise
  • July 24-31 BLT DVC
I won't bother to explain how this trip evolved because it's too long of a story. :faint: All this resort switching was not what we intended, but we encountered some unexpected hurdles during the initial planning stages and I loathe switching around DVC bookings once made, so this is how it has all ended up. My kids are older and we've done split-stays before so we should be fine, but I am trying to plan extra carefully to make things as smooth as possible.

The five of us (me, DH & 3 DDs) will be joined by my mom in the middle (BWV and cruise). We're going to rent a wheelchair for her ease of mobility, so that will be something different. She can walk but tires easily and so we will use it to get her through/across parks (she won't need it for rides). When she came along the last time we slowed down to match her pace, but she felt guilty that she was holding us back & pushed herself to do more than she should have and ended up exhausted. Fingers crossed the wheelchair will solve this issue.

We have the dining plan for one leg of the trip and will pay OOP (and get groceries) for the rest. Our ADRs are: Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, Rainforest Café, Teppan Edo, Hoop Dee Do Review, Tusker House, Garden Grill, and Via Napoli. We always do one new one, which for us this year is Teppan Edo. We love hibachi so we are really looking forward to it. The others are tried & true favorites. :lovestruc

Happy Planning, Everyone! :flower:

Hi all July WDW Trip Planners! :wave2: I'm happy to have found this thread. Our dates:
  • July 13-16 Poly DVC
  • July 16-20 BWV DVC
  • July 20 Homewood Suites by cruise port
  • July 21-24 Disney Dream 3-night cruise
  • July 24-31 BLT DVC
I won't bother to explain how this trip evolved because it's too long of a story. :faint: All this resort switching was not what we intended, but we encountered some unexpected hurdles during the initial planning stages and I loathe switching around DVC bookings once made, so this is how it has all ended up. My kids are older and we've done split-stays before so we should be fine, but I am trying to plan extra carefully to make things as smooth as possible.

The five of us (me, DH & 3 DDs) will be joined by my mom in the middle (BWV and cruise). We're going to rent a wheelchair for her ease of mobility, so that will be something different. She can walk but tires easily and so we will use it to get her through/across parks (she won't need it for rides). When she came along the last time we slowed down to match her pace, but she felt guilty that she was holding us back & pushed herself to do more than she should have and ended up exhausted. Fingers crossed the wheelchair will solve this issue.

We have the dining plan for one leg of the trip and will pay OOP (and get groceries) for the rest. Our ADRs are: Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, Rainforest Café, Teppan Edo, Hoop Dee Do Review, Tusker House, Garden Grill, and Via Napoli. We always do one new one, which for us this year is Teppan Edo. We love hibachi so we are really looking forward to it. The others are tried & true favorites. :lovestruc

Happy Planning, Everyone! :flower:
Can I come with you? :worship:
Sounds amazing! :thumbsup2
Took me awhile to edit in those splits. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter