***Official February 2017 Thread***

3 months from today!!

My ADRs are nearly perfect (trying to get a slightly better BOG lunch time, but fine with what we have).
Touring plans set up awaiting FP times.
Packing list started.

Has anyone started a Facebook page for DIS Feb 2017? I'd be happy to if there isn't one already. I always love to share in the excitement and I'm on FB more than here. Thanks!
How would I find this on facebook.... rather new to FB - held out till the last. lol

Yikes! I just saw this on the Wide World of Sports website. I understand that this event can be quite gruesome with hoards of screaming kids in the parks. We are at POP Century Feb. 12 -16. I chose Feb. for the low crowds. What are we in for?? They can get discounted Theme park tickets valid Tuesday, February 7, 2017 – Wednesday, February 15, 2017. So.. you are warned

National High School Cheerleading Championship (UCA)

Client Event
February 11 – February 12, 2017
espnwwos-cheer-dance-event-01.jpg

NHSCC is the most prestigious cheerleading championship in the country and nationally televised on ESPN and ESPN2 to over 100 million homes and 32 countries nationwide each year.
PARTICIPANTS
Boys-and-Girls
AGE GROUPS
High School
COMPETITION
Championship

Last edited:
Yikes! I just saw this on the Wide World of Sports website. I understand that this event can be quite gruesome with hoards of screaming kids in the parks. We are at POP Century Feb. 12 -16. I chose Feb. for the low crowds. What are we in for?? They can get discounted Theme park tickets valid Tuesday, February 7, 2017 – Wednesday, February 15, 2017. So.. you are warned

Client Event

NHSCC is the most prestigious cheerleading championship in the country and nationally televised on ESPN and ESPN2 to over 100 million homes and 32 countries nationwide each year.
PARTICIPANTS
Boys-and-Girls
AGE GROUPS
High School
COMPETITION
Championship

I have been there during the February cheer weekend 2 or 3 times and here are my memories. YMMV. In the parks, I never saw large groups of cheerleaders touring. If I saw cheerleaders in the parks, they were in groups of maybe 6 or 8 and were not a problem. I did see a couple of large groups of "fifteens" from Argentina, but they weren't being a problem other than just being large groups. However, if they were at an attraction I was heading toward, I went the other way and came back to that one later.

That said: I tend to read here that the cheerleaders have the biggest impacts at the resorts. I've been staying at BC or POFQ where they have not been, so I don't know what effect they will have at POP. (I am staying at POP for the first time next year, the week before you are there.)

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary. Your experience may be different than mine. :)

It's Sunday so it's time for me to play. Just dropped my Tiffins lunch in favor of Jiko dinner on Wednesday. I think I'm done playing with ADRs. I think.

My big issue is still getting a plane ticket. Delta is being awful. I've looked again at my other airline options but am just not happy - and any viable option isn't much (if any) cheaper anyway. This is about the usual time ahead of the trip that I buy, so fingers crossed.

:cool1: 90 Days!

My big issue is still getting a plane ticket. Delta is being awful. I've looked again at my other airline options but am just not happy - and any viable option isn't much (if any) cheaper anyway. This is about the usual time ahead of the trip that I buy, so fingers crossed.

:cool1: 90 Days!

I've heard that 7 -8 weeks before you want to go is a good time to book a flight. Watch the flights - especially how many empty seats are left. Lots of empty seats on the flight you want can mean they will drop the price sooner. So be diligent in checking daily - several times a day even. Purge your cookies so that it looks like a new person searching is also supposed to be a good idea.

Client Event

PARTICIPANTS
Boys-and-Girls
AGE GROUPS
High School
COMPETITION
Championship

Cyndiella, my husband and I stayed at Caribbean Beach in February 2017 during these cheer championships, and we had a number of squads in the various villages throughout the resort. Now, being that CBR is a larger resort, and also because it was our first time there in 20 years and because I was a high school mascot (Go, LCHS Beavers!) I didn't mind them at all. Walking our resort in the early evenings, sometimes squads were practicing stunts on the grass areas. We didn't eat at the resort, but I understood that breakfast got busy. In the parks, I didn't notice the cheerleaders, except maybe a group of 6 or so here and there. The number of squads at the resort dropped significantly during my stay, as they went home after their competition was done. From what I understand, they compete during the day. The leaders/parents also had them on a pretty tight string in my experience. I can remember a few nights while I was in our resort pool that the coaches were sending the girls off to bed for 10:00 curfew.

For some, just the word "cheerleader" makes people cringe. But I tended to enjoy their spirit when I did see them. I'll be staying at CBR the same week this year, and am not concerned at all about the cheer crowds.

Well, i'm feeling a little better about this... Thanks for your input. :-) I like the idea of a 10 pm curfew too..

Cyndiella, my husband and I stayed at Caribbean Beach in February 2017 during these cheer championships, and we had a number of squads in the various villages throughout the resort. Now, being that CBR is a larger resort, and also because it was our first time there in 20 years and because I was a high school mascot (Go, LCHS Beavers!) I didn't mind them at all. Walking our resort in the early evenings, sometimes squads were practicing stunts on the grass areas. We didn't eat at the resort, but I understood that breakfast got busy. In the parks, I didn't notice the cheerleaders, except maybe a group of 6 or so here and there. The number of squads at the resort dropped significantly during my stay, as they went home after their competition was done. From what I understand, they compete during the day. The leaders/parents also had them on a pretty tight string in my experience. I can remember a few nights while I was in our resort pool that the coaches were sending the girls off to bed for 10:00 curfew.

For some, just the word "cheerleader" makes people cringe. But I tended to enjoy their spirit when I did see them. I'll be staying at CBR the same week this year, and am not concerned at all about the cheer crowds.

Glad to hear that the Cheerleading Championship may not be a big deal - my heart dropped when I saw it!

89 days from departure and all of our ADRs are PERFECT!! Onto the FastPasses :)

But make no mistake, the cheerleaders will infiltrate the resort quick service, esp in the mornings. I've read lots of posts on these boards about the number of girls hitting breakfast at the same time and also many on the resort buses.....but in the parks, there isn't much impact. I always look at it --- and any groups this way --- we're all celebrating the happiest place o. Earth!

We will be there 3 nights before our cruise! 2/15,16 and 17 at the BWV's! 9 of us!

What is up with park hours this year? Ive gone this time over the last few years and parks are usually open late on our dates. Do you think hours will be added or do you think they will stay this way? It is making planning a little more challenging.... :D

We will be there 3 nights before our cruise! 2/15,16 and 17 at the BWV's! 9 of us!

What is up with park hours this year? Ive gone this time over the last few years and parks are usually open late on our dates. Do you think hours will be added or do you think they will stay this way? It is making planning a little more challenging.... :D

I understand they the hours can change even as late as the month before. Hang in there!

I will be at All Star Music Feb 25-Mar 2. My sons high school will march Tuesday feb 28. We are from New Orleans and that's Mardi Gras day here. My alma mater marches Thursday March 2. Can't wait to see them both. Anyone Running the Princess Half Marathon on Feb 26th?? It will be my first half! Super excited!!

So, we have travelled to Disney 5 out of the last 6 years and DH wanted to take a year off and save some money. But now he is getting an unexpected payout of lieu time worked and we are back in the Disney business. Our DS 11 has severe autism and Disney is by far our best choice for a vacation destination! He is barely verbal but can name all of his fave rides!
I couldn't get our usual January week booked off so we are thinking of giving early February a shot (Feb 2 - 8). We are coming in under the wire for FP+ but I can't get any of the ADR's we want (#1 being BOG lunch). Is there ANY chance some will open up if I keep looking? I have never booked at <180 days before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter