***Official February 2017 Thread***

My father was just checking out prices 'for fun' and found out the two options we were looking at for flying out are both SOLD OUT already! We thought we had another two weeks before crunch time on booking anything. This is definitely no big in the long run. It just means my friend will have to bug his boss for exact days rather than maybes and my free time this week is out the window to crunch all the numbers sooner than expected. In Disney planner land, to quote Esteban from The Suite Life -- this is a DISASTER!!! In reality, I'm just going to mildly freak out in a corner, vent a little here, and know there's so many worse things which could happen.
(I also tried out for a local production of Beauty and the Beast today for next Spring but won't know anything for a few months.)

So the husband and I are officially booked for a 5th anniversary trip! We arrive 2/1 and stay until 2/9. We have reservations at POR (one of my favorites). This will be our first ever "couple trip" to WDW, and we are very excited! I've done an "adults only" trip before with my mother in 2013 and had a blast. I just think that being in my favorite place for a week long celebration of 5 years of marriage is pretty much the best thing I can think of! The kids were a bit sad at first, but we did WDW in 2013 and Disneyland last summer, so I think they are secure in the knowledge they will get to go back again soon for a family trip. Once they settled down about that idea, they actually have been helping me plan, which I think is the sweetest!

I've got my parks selected for each day, my list of dining reservation hopes ready, and I"m trying to wrap my head around all things fastpass plus. Absolutely can't wait!

We are going to be renting DVC points for the first time this trip. We've already been told that there is availability for us, now we're just waiting for confirmation that a reservation has been made. (And the waiting is KILLING ME!!!) My 180 day window opens on Monday, so hopefully we hear back by then. Not that we ever book any difficult-to-get places, I still want to do it at 180 days!

Got up bright and early (4:45 here) to make ADR's. Got logged on right on time, got every single thing I wanted and close to the time I wanted and was logged off by 5:20. I thought that was pretty speedy for 9 total reservations. Hopefully all the rest of the planning goes that well. Really excited to try some restaurants we have never been to before and can't wait to return to some of our all time favorites.

Now the hard part, waiting all the way until FP+ booking time...

HI All,
glad to have found this thread I just made reservations this week for my families (husband, 2 kids- boy 12 and girl 8, and myself) first ever trip to DW. We are Australian but live in New York so its been a dream for me growing up seeing it all on TV and to now be able to take my kids.

We are going Feb 18-25- not THE most ideal week to go but it is the only time we can get away unfortunately. Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Dining options are selected just hoping we can secure the reservations 8/22 is our day.

We also have no plans to tell the kids till the last possible minute- like on the way to the airport minute :)... this is equal parts a fun decision and one of self preservation (to sure i can listen to the constant asking about it for 6 months haha)

So excited, off to browse the boards to get more tips :)

HI All,
glad to have found this thread I just made reservations this week for my families (husband, 2 kids- boy 12 and girl 8, and myself) first ever trip to DW. We are Australian but live in New York so its been a dream for me growing up seeing it all on TV and to now be able to take my kids.

We are going Feb 18-25- not THE most ideal week to go but it is the only time we can get away unfortunately. Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Dining options are selected just hoping we can secure the reservations 8/22 is our day.

We also have no plans to tell the kids till the last possible minute- like on the way to the airport minute :)... this is equal parts a fun decision and one of self preservation (to sure i can listen to the constant asking about it for 6 months haha)

We'll be there the same week. Yay President's week as we all flee NY! Counting the days until the 22nd!

Great- yes get away from the snow :P

Since we got NONE last year... my biggest concern is that we'll be snowed in and stuck in Albany on the 18th and not heading towards FL! We fly back on the 26th...I'm ok with being stuck in FL :D

yes that occurred to me also- and should i arrange drive way clearing for the week just in case??? i guess if i don't arrange it i will need it lol

being stuck in Florida, i can think of worse things.

Being stuck in Florida while home is snowed in -- the dream of all Northeast vacationers! (Including us. I'm your neighbor in PA.)

It looks like we've finally got our travel dates! Friend got the okay from his boss yesterday. February 26 - March 4th! We're looking at Pop Century but haven't booked rooms yet. Now to figure out our 180-day window for the ADRs.

Last edited:
The only bummer will be that we're already missing two prime skiing weekends, so I hope the snow isn't *that* great, after the total bust last year (nothing like season passes and no snow - couple weeks we made all the effort to get there, skied one run and quit because the ice was just too insanely dangerous or the slush was horrible)! But...for an awesome week in Disney, yeah, I'll give up some skiing this year!

In the mist of planning...I have never been in Feburary...we usually do fall and we went in May last year...is the weather usually good?

Honestly, it's a crap shoot. We've worn tank tops and shorts and winter gloves and coats, all during the same 10 days! But with small crowds and short waits... It doesn't seem to matter.

HI All,

Very exciting! Welcome to the board. I will add you to roll call.

The first leg of my trip, ADR window, opened up on Tuesday. Got everything we wanted! Including California Grill and Be Our Guest for dinners. Tomorrow morning is the start of ADRs for the second leg of our trip. So exciting. Love this point in the planning!

HI All,

We will be the 20th- the 28th. We leave the 20th (last flight out, I am a little concerned about the weather) but we are staying at POFQ.

Is it just me, or is planning for next February really hard? I usually have a pretty good idea of park days, etc., by this time (ADR day is Monday), but, man, Disney...

No idea when SW Fireworks show at DHS will be: What time? Every night? Select nights? This will be my first time to see the new version and it's a big priority for me. There's no February crowd calendar up at EasyWDW yet (presumably because there will obviously be changes coming to the park calendar), so I don't have that to go on. (Although the only park I ever get "crowd-stress" at is MK, and that's even on a "good" day.) Being up in the air on park days makes it hard to pick days for ADRs, even though I will have park hoppers.

Of course, I still don't have a room reservation, since I'm determined to wait for discounts to be announced, so I'm just going one at a time on ADRs next week, anyway. I'll probably go ahead and commit to a few things, figuring I can cancel and try to change when I have a better plan. Not the end of the world, of course, but I'm just ready to make some real plans!

How is anyone else approaching park days/ADRs with the limited info on park hours/best days?

I've left our nights relatively free with notes like 'Hop to HS for SW Dessert Party or Illuminations', 'Night show?' at AK, etc. Basically I have 8 nights to schedule and I'm leaving 4 of them open to hop to whatever shows, etc. For the nights I'm booking dinners, I'm shooting for early ones so we can hop or be ready for whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter