• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

My family was looking to take a trip to disney world in late-summer of 2013. I know most of the fantasyland expansion will be completed by then but i heard rumors that the Seven Dwarf Mine Train will not be completed by then. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the fantasyland expansion is ahead of schedule and will be completed by the time my family go in mid August, or if we would have to wait a year to see the completed fantasyland? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could answer my question :)

Yes, Lorilais_mommie !,

The Pixie Hollow Plan for now IS SCRAPPED OFF.
Because, If it wasn`t they`d be going through with it. The Storybook Circus Area is taking all of the place of where Pixie Hollow is supposed to be.
I guess The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is doing the Pixie Hollow Job now. I don`t understand why some people on here have a bit of a problem with the focus on The Princesses and Fairies on here ( In particularly ) The Princesses when The Heart of The Magic Kingdom is based on a princess, and One of Peter Pan's Friends is a Fairy. I hope that some people think about this the next time someone looks up at Cinderella Castle or Takes a ride on Peter Pan's Flight.

- Dwight
Yes, in particular when Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland have many more "traditionally boy" themed attractions. And as an engineer and women's studies major - I like to avoid boy/girl stereotypes but those lands are less intriguing to my daughter and vice versa for the castle/fantasyland and my son. No matter how much I have tried to be neutral in terms of gender stuff at home... anyway... my actual point is below...

Cant the little ladies have their spot without it being an issue? Apparently not with Lassiter... who is admittedly boy centric saying in VF last month,(paraphrase) "his focus in films is making young boys into good men" which I LOVE and fully appreciate, but not to the exclusion of awesome girl stuff like Pixie Hollow with the independent minded talented crew of fairies - or like the new film Brave which I'm excited for but also say took long enough!

Sydnerella's Mama

Yes, in particular when Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland have many more "traditionally boy" themed attractions. And as an engineer and women's studies major - I like to avoid boy/girl stereotypes but those lands are less intriguing to my daughter and vice versa for the castle/fantasyland and my son. No matter how much I have tried to be neutral in terms of gender stuff at home... anyway... my actual point is below...

Cant the little ladies have their spot without it being an issue? Apparently not with Lassiter... who is admittedly boy centric saying in VF last month,(paraphrase) "his focus in films is making young boys into good men" which I LOVE and fully appreciate, but not to the exclusion of awesome girl stuff like Pixie Hollow with the independent minded talented crew of fairies - or like the new film Brave which I'm excited for but also say took long enough!

Sydnerella's Mama

@Sydnerella's Mama,

Please read the last lines of this post below the dotted line for my whole point in this post.

The issue is not just with Lassiter. Someone from Disney has gotta be following what WE their fans are expressing on here.
There are a number of people that believe that they are being phased out of The Existing Fantasyland, and The NEW Fantasyland to come.
Although, I will say this, that I DO wish that Disney would have the Royal Husbands of the Princesses meeting and greeting with the princesses at the meet and greets, so that the boys can the royal experience of being princes, with the girls having the royal experience of being princesses.

But Yes, some people are SOOO desperate for boys to " RULE " Fantasyland that they forget about what fantasyland already has for boys with the Updated, Interactive Playgroundish, Hundred Acre Wood Facade of The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh Attraction, or Peter Pan's Flight, or THE NEW EXPANDED DUMBO Attraction, or The Activities in the other lands of the Park.

BTW, about the Disney Fairies Meet and Greet ....
A tip for those of you who want to know what happened to The Fairies' Meet and Greet, and Pixie Hollow .....

The Fairies NOW have a new " Magical NOOK " in The Adventureland Veranda in Adventureland at The Magic Kingdom.
......................................................................................................

To those of you on here that had problems with the ORIGINAL concept of The Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Expansion with the Princesses and The Fairies .... I`m a ladies' lord, I`m a Princesses' Prince.
If lady luck PAY$ me a visit and directs me back to Walt Disney World for the fifth visit in my lifetime in 2012 or 2013, I will find myself spending more of my time in Fantasyland aquiring Princesses' Autographs, Magical Memories, and hopefully ......... a few royal smiles, if not hugs.

- Dwight

Yes, Lorilais_mommie !,

The Pixie Hollow Plan for now IS SCRAPPED OFF.
Because, If it wasn`t they`d be going through with it. The Storybook Circus Area is taking all of the place of where Pixie Hollow is supposed to be.
I guess The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is doing the Pixie Hollow Job now. I don`t understand why some people on here have a bit of a problem with the focus on The Princesses and Fairies on here ( In particularly ) The Princesses when The Heart of The Magic Kingdom is based on a princess, and One of Peter Pan's Friends is a Fairy. I hope that some people think about this the next time someone looks up at Cinderella Castle or Takes a ride on Peter Pan's Flight.

- Dwight

Sydnerella's Mama

Anyone who says they're making it so little ladies can't have their spot is looking at a different FLE plan than the one I'm seeing.

Anyone who says they're making it so little ladies can't have their spot is looking at a different FLE plan than the one I'm seeing.

Of course, but also, they have altered some of the original plans of The Fantasyland Expansion. Where Pixie Hollow was gonna be is now gonna be a Storybook Circus to fit in with the newly expanded Dumbo.

Where Cinderella's Cottage and Princess Aurora's Cottage was gonna be is now gonna be Snow White's Cottage with The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
I don`t think that I would be able to ride that if I were to ever go back to Disney in Florida again. Also, what really got me started on this was The Princess Aurora's Cottage activity that got scrapped was right up my alley.
I love making gifts for the princesses and watching the princesses smile in their different reactions. They would have had an activity where guest(s) would make Birthday Cards for Princess Aurora to Celebrate Princess Aurora's Sweet 16 Party that she didn`t get to have because she was under Malificent`s Spell that the 3 Good Fairies turned into a sleeping spell.
( Remember the scene where Princess Aurora pricks her finger on the nail of that spinning wheel and she passed out? )

Scrapping Cinderella's activity?, I can live easier with that because
Cinderella already has an area themed to her .... Her Castle.
But Scrapping out Princess Aurora's Activity?, That did make me kind of angry that they scrapped her activity. However, I am glad for Snow White that Her Cottage has a spot in The NEW Fantasyland Fun.
I hope that this will bring Snow White into Meeting and Greeting in Fantasyland ... when all is said and done.

I guess this is a little lesson in circumstances for me.
Sometimes, you have to take the bitter with the sweet.
you have to give up a little to have room to get a little.

With, or without Cinderella, or Princess Aurora's Cottage,
NEW FANTASYLAND .... LIVE LONG AND PROSPER ... When you are built up, completed, and Opened, welcoming your first royal guests !!!!
You are the ONE Thing That Magic Kingdom Park ALWAYS Needed since The Beginning of " The World " in 1971.

- Dwight

Questions?

I thought that the FLE was to be done by fall 2012. Clearly this seem to be end of 2012, right?

So we are 98% ready to push our Sept dates back to Feb 2013 (for many reasons mostly due to weather) but also we'd really like to see all the new FLE things.

I'm confused about some parts of the plan.

What things "Belle" related are being built? Gaston's rest. but what else?
As far as NEW rides: TLM (awesome, hope it's like the DCA version which I loved), Snow White Mine Train (sounds like it will be cute), Double Dumbo.

What else?

When are you

Questions?

I thought that the FLE was to be done by fall 2012. Clearly this seem to be end of 2012, right?

So we are 98% ready to push our Sept dates back to Feb 2013 (for many reasons mostly due to weather) but also we'd really like to see all the new FLE things.

As far as NEW rides: TLM (awesome, hope it's like the DCA version which I loved), Snow White Mine Train (sounds like it will be cute), Double Dumbo.

What else?

When are you

If you want to have a more sure shot for experiencing all of the New Fantasyland Fun with The Fantasyland Expansion, I`d recommend basically anytime in 2013.

.... As for as what things Belle are being built?, well, Remember Storytime with Belle? Well, What's being built is a more enhanced experience.
Storytime with Belle is now Enchanted Tales with Belle. You will get to meet Belle at her father's Cottage and then be led into a room where selected guests will be invited to perform in a classic retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It will be mostly like Storytime with Belle by the looks and the language of it. Also You`ve mentioned Gaston's " Rest ", well that is Gaston's Tavern, a new restaurant. ALSO there will be a NEW restaurant inside of the Beast's Castle themed to the " Be Our Guest " Scene in Beauty and the Beast. Only, it will be in the area in the Beast's Castle where the beast danced with Belle.

- Dwight

Questions?

What else?

When are you

BUT TeddiBarra,

The first phase of the New Fantasyland Expansion is set to be done and opening in Fall 2012. BUT, if you want a FOR SURE Shot of seeing EVERY PIECE of it?, I`d recommend 2013. I just don`t want to find myself riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Whoever is up for coasters can have all of that.

- Dwight

That's why I think it's so funny every time they make an obvious attempt at trying to masculinize that area. Give it up folks. It's CINDERELLA'S Golden Carousel. Prince Charming needs to man up and give it back! :lmao:

It's just PC nonsense. And where's the problem? Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Frontierland have always been more boy centered.

That's why I think it's so funny every time they make an obvious attempt at trying to masculinize that area. Give it up folks. It's CINDERELLA'S Golden Carousel. Prince Charming needs to man up and give it back! :lmao:

I think it was part of the divorce settlement. She got the castle, he got the carousel.

Questions?

What else?

When are you

No dates are set in stone yet, but I think it's very likely the Beast, Little Mermaid and Circus areas will be done by the end of 2012. The Snow White coaster could be done in 2013, but I have heard dates as far out as 2014 for that.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't see what the hubbub is about with all of this "boy-centric" "girl-centric" nonsense. While boys and girls will naturally be drawn towards pirates and princesses, respectively, that doesn't mean the two are mutually exclusive. I don't look at the Fantasyland expansion as attempting to cater to one gender over another as much as it's finally giving due to some of Disney's most popular characters/franchises.

It's just PC nonsense. And where's the problem? Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Frontierland have always been more boy centered.

I agree, the carousel belongs to Cindy. This PC poo is out of control.

I was told that new person in charge has sons & they said they wouldn't want to go so Disney is fixing it so boys will go too. I'm glad they added a ride but I hate that they are taking one away

couldn't they put the princess in the tent like they were instead of taking a ride?? I could see change it so there wouldn't be 2 snow white rides

I was told that new person in charge has sons & they said they wouldn't want to go so Disney is fixing it so boys will go too. I'm glad they added a ride but I hate that they are taking one away

couldn't they put the princess in the tent like they were instead of taking a ride?? I could see change it so there wouldn't be 2 snow white rides

I heard the same thing. But I just think that at a certain age, no boy is going to be caught dead in Fantasyland, no matter what you do. I mean, do they really think people will fall for the old "change the name of the Carousel" trick? :rotfl:

I read a description somewhere of the new Belle's Storytime. They went so far out of their way trying to make it seem like a boy attraction, I couldn't stop laughing. :rotfl2: I just think it's sort of crazy to think you're going to trick more boys into liking Fantasyland based on positioning, labeling and PR. Either they like it or they don't.

KEEP TELLING 'EM THE TRUTH, MOM2RTK !!!!! :lmao:
- Dwight

I heard the same thing. But I just think that at a certain age, no boy is going to be caught dead in Fantasyland, no matter what you do. I mean, do they really think people will fall for the old "change the name of the Carousel" trick? :rotfl:

I read a description somewhere of the new Belle's Storytime. They went so far out of their way trying to make it seem like a boy attraction, I couldn't stop laughing. :rotfl2: I just think it's sort of crazy to think you're going to trick more boys into liking Fantasyland based on positioning, labeling and PR. Either they like it or they don't.

Hello Princess Janet of Truth mom2rtk !,

The New Belle's Storytime will be " Enchanted Tales with Belle ".

Keep telling it like it is, beautiful !!!! :thumbsup2

- Dwight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter