• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
There have been lots of Questions floating around the Dis boards relating to the Disney fantasyland Expansion. So I thought maybe we could start a thread were all questions can be place and get answers. Instead of repeating questions on the board.
I will do my best to answer any questions I can, :surfweb: but would appreciate any one that can help answer questions or give updates.

So…………………………………… Here it is

What is the Fantasyland Expansion?
Major expansions at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Florida will more than double the size of Fantasyland. With two phases scheduled to open in 2012 and 2013, the land will offer richer, more immersive experiences and will introduce a wider array of characters. Instead of simple meet-and-greets, the new mini-lands will envelop guests in the worlds of Disney's classic films and get them involved in hands-on adventures. To make way for the new attractions, the expanded Fantasyland will TAKE OVER Mickey's Toontown Fair. :sad1:

Fantasyland Expansion Phase I (includes Belle cottage, Be our guest restrant, and Ariel ride.) opens 2012
(Snow White mine coster and Dumbo’s circus area) may open in 2012, but I can see it pushed back to 2013

(Cinderella, and Aurora Realm will no Longer be part on the FLE)

Fantasyland Expansion Phase II - More Storybook circus theme or pixie hallow Opens 2013 ( rumor: Pixie hallow will be scrapped)

NEWFLE.jpg

What will happen to Goofy’s Barnstormer coaster?
It appears they will be saved and re- themed.
Update: to be re-themed has Goofy The Great Goofini clown coster.
Dumbo sould not close untill new dumbo has been opened

Will there be a new ride?
The Little Mermaid, will likely be similar, if not identical, to the ride coming to Disney's California Adventure. The Little Mermaid Ride will likely use an Omnimover system and "clammobile" cars that will be similar to the ones found at The Seas with Nemo and Friends ride at Epcot.

:dumbo: Dumbo
Dumbo the Flying Elephant may be the most frustrating ride in all of Walt Disney World. The original Dumbo ride will be moved at so piont. A second Dumbo platform will double the capacity of the ride, and the queue will snake through a big-top circus tent complete with interactive games to entertain guests. No word on when the old Dumbo will be moved.

Snow white's mine coaster
As with any project of this scale, we’ve also continued to look for additional ways to surprise and delight our guests and I think you’ll be pleased. One opportunity we’re especially excited about is the chance to tell Snow White’s story in a fresh new way. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.
newride.jpg

princess: Princess Hall
SNOW WHITES SCARY ADVENTURE will CLOSE to make way for the Princess Hall

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

fantasyland-rendering3.jpg

UPDATED: 3/5/11

When will Toon Town closing??
Some disney websites have reported toontown to close in early 2011. Other Disney web sites are staying with the 1st Official Announcement of Fall 2010. So i would Plan for Fall 2010 and hope for early 2011 if planning a trip.
TOON TOWN is now Closed!

Ariel's grotto and poohs playful spot have been Closed
Ariel is doing meet and greet in Adv. Land

"Great Wall of Disney" startes next to small world and goes to the gates of Toon town.

Cinderella carousel has undergone a name change it will now be called "Prince Charming Regal Carousel" (Changed June 1st 2010)

Disney Rail Road will be closed for 3-4 months TBA ( no word on when )

Snow White's Scary Adventures is rumored to be closing early 2012.

pooh: The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh facade will be re-themed to the Hundred Acre Woods during a Refurbishment Spring 2010 (inprogress) Link on page 91 for GREAT photos...
Fast Pass machines for Winnie the Pooh can now be found by Mickey's PhilharMagic.
(pooh has been re-opened!)

Main street is under refurb... may see tarps covering some shops - shops should remain open...
( i added this b/c it is taking so long) not sure how long main street will be under refurb...
Update: some tarps are coming down.. hope to have them all down by the end of summer...
Expo hall is almost done. Pics on page 61!

Expo hall still has tarps, but the no sign of tarps in DEC on the rest of main street..

Mickey's Toontown Fair is being transformed into a full circus themed area (Storybook Circus). Dumbo is moving and doubling in size and the Barnstormer is being rethemed to "The Great Goofini."

:darth: Star tours is being updated.. to add the new movies and new effects...
On the official web site, Walt Disney World has announced a scheduled re-opening date for Star Tours of May 17, 2011, which reflects a minor change in dates we originally announced back in March. The attraction is still expected to close on September 8.

At the Disneyland Resort, Star Tours, which closes on July 27 for its refurb, is expected to re-open exactly one week prior, on May 10, 2011.

:ccat:The Mad Tea Party will be re-themed during a Refurb ( completed).

princess:Mickey and Princess M&G will be moved to EXPO HALL. (on main st) After Toontown closes.

Storytime with Belle is closing. ( closed)

Rapunzel and Flynn will be the first of the new Fantasyland styled character "play and greet" in the Fairytale Garden

:tinker:Tinker Bell will relocate with other fairy friends to Epcot.

"And Tinkerbell and her fairy friends will be joining the cast at Epcot where they will have special roles bringing the flora and fauna to life during the Flower and Garden Festival. " From the Disney park blogs

Still just a rumor with little concrete information:

Disney may be backing off expansion..
Some are saying that people in charge are worried about the expanison being to "girly"
they are re-thinking some princess M&G..

(This is only a rumor, so far disney still going ahead with everything planned)
So i won't read to much into this..

It looks like pixie hallow, Cindy M&G, and Sleeping beauty M&G may be scraped... and replaced with snow white mine ride

Expo hall in stright across from city hall... to your right when you enter the park..
357385952_zfX6s-O.jpg

Map from Robo ..... hope you don't mind i took it from your website....

Thats all for now.
Feel free to ask questions and Please if you know something add it.

:dumbo: Dumbo
Dumbo the Flying Elephant may be the most frustrating ride in all of Walt Disney World. The original Dumbo ride will be moved at so piont. A second Dumbo platform will double the capacity of the ride, and the queue will snake through a big-top circus tent complete with interactive games to entertain guests. No word on when the old Dumbo will be moved.

About the Dumbo Queue:

The new Fantasyland Forrest "twin" Dumbo ride's queue will be a totally fresh concept in "waiting" called a "NextGen" queue.

With it, guests do not wait in a line, but instead, when they arrive
at the attraction, they pick up special tickets marked in "boarding groups."

Guests are then free to wander the area, grab a drink, find a place to sit, visit the restroom-- all while keeping an eye on strategically-placed video screens which display a countdown of sorts leading up to WHEN guests' individual "groups" will be boarded.

When a guest's "group" comes due, they head for the ride and board it.

I can add some...

What will the new princess greetings be like?
Disney doesn't know yet. They have set up some time in the Spring to "test" new greeting formats, but until they discover how Guests respond they will not make set plans.

Where will the characters move to when ToonTown closes?
Mickey, Minnie, and the Princess will be meeting in Exposition Hall. Nothing has been announced yet for the Fairies.

When will construction begin?
It already has. The first phases are taking place backstage so most Guests will not notice any changes. It is believed that construction will become more apparent to the Guests by Fall 2010.

When will ToonTown close?
I believe this is also targeted for Fall 2010, but nothing has been officially announced.

Disney RailRoad
Disneyworld RR tracks will be moved. :wizard:
Not sure if they are doing this b/c they need to or if they don't want people to see the Demo.
Does anyone know why???? :confused3

I just noticed another question floating around the dis boards.

Is the Expansion just for girls???

It's true that the expansion has A LOT of princess updates.
There will be Activties for boys to do as well though.

Examples: :smickey:
Things for boys to do, but i'm sure girls can do them too. If they want to
In the Cinderella Chateau Boys get to train to be a knight! :banana:

Another one is at Belles cottage Boys get to be in the retell the story of Beauty and the Beast.

I just noticed another question floating around the dis boards.

Things for boys to do, but i'm sure girls can do them too. If they want to
In the Cinderella Chateau Boys get to train to be a knight! :banana:

Another one is at Belles cottage Boys get to be in the retell the story of Beauty and the Beast.

Not too sure how this will go over with boys since whenever the word princess, cinderella or belle are mentioned no matter what it is regarding they usually cringe.

Will this interfere with my honeymoon in sept 2010? I don't know what i'd do if i show up and the rides I've been dreaming about are shut down.

Id say that you are going to be there at around a time it is quite possible that things have been shut down or are in the process of being closed. We dont know for sure but your time is right around when most people are expecting these things to start happening.

Not too sure how this will go over with boys since whenever the word princess, cinderella or belle are mentioned no matter what it is regarding they usually cringe.

:lmao: That may be true. However my Lil bro was 5 when B&B 1st came out and I seem to remeber him being very attched to my lil sis belle costume. I have also seen some of those boy who "cringe" get all gussy when the princess kisses them on the cheek.

So in the end I look at it like this
No rides will be taken away to make room for the "princess lands". So its like a bounus for those parents with lil girls and maybe it will draw the crowds away from other things so those lil boys can get to go on more rides. And who knows maybe one day we will see "Cars Land" come to WDW!! Like in DL.

Will this interfere with my honeymoon in sept 2010? I don't know what i'd do if i show up and the rides I've been dreaming about are shut down.

Disney has said that no rides will be closed due to the expansion.
However there are refrubs an other reasons why rides are closed.

I'm still kinda wondering how they are going to move :dumbo: Dumbo and still keep there promise that no rides will be closed.

Any ideas??? :idea:

Do we know for sure that they are actually MOVING the old Dumbo, or will there be 2 completely new ones?

i will miss mickey and minnie's house. i know it's not a ride, but even as a little girl i LOVED walking through their house's. When we took DD 2 years ago she loved it too, and I'm hoping when we go in June it's still there for DS. this will be his first trip so he has never seen them, and since they are going away I would like for him to experience them.

Any word on Mr. And Mrs. Mouse's house being reused... even if just put at DTD or something so people could still see them... idk i guess it helps with the illusion if you see a place for them to go at night...

Any word on Mr. And Mrs. Mouse's house being reused... even if just put at DTD or something so people could still see them... idk i guess it helps with the illusion if you see a place for them to go at night...

There has been no news that I have heard of.
I love those houses, but remeber it was a Mickey and Minnie's country house, the real house is in DL. I agree move them to DTD.
My Daughter asked if we could go back to mickey house and I had to tell her that mickey's house would not be there anymore. My DH chimed in and Said, " Mickey got evicted" :lmao: Thats where I got it from.

In this economy mickey and minnie Can't afford Country houses i guess.

I know that mickey and princess meet and greet has been moved. will airel still do meet and greet or will she be moved at the same time as mickey????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter