*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Our first park day is Dec 11th. So... Our 60 day FP day is Oct 12th ( I hope ). I'm assuming it is at 7AM Eastern. Since I'm in Central, I will need to do it at 6AM, right?
I know what FP's I want to get for each day, my dilemma is getting the times right. I don't want to be jumping from one side of the park to the other for them. I would like a smooth flow for the day. Do any of you consider that in your FP's selection times? Also, I have 3 families going that are linked to my MDE. I am hoping to make the FP reservations for all of them at the same time. Will it let me? Thanks!

We tour in a circle and plan our FPs accordingly. If I know I'm starting in Tomorrowland, I know not to make a 10am FP for Splash Mountain unless I plan to use it at the end of the window and I have an 11am FP for Big Thunder to get on immediately afterward, and I want to eat lunch on that side of the park.

One approach: If you start in Tomorrowland at rope drop, you can walk on Space Mountain and Buzz a couple of times each and still walk on Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Ariel right after. Use a FP for dwarfs, and wait 10 or 15 minutes for Small World and Haunted Mansion, then use FPs for Splash and Big Thunder. Grab a 4th FP and eat lunch.

Crowds and wait times pick up starting around 10:30am. I usually plan our first FPs so that 10:30am falls somewhere within the window. Where within the window depends on our plan for the park on each particular day.

As for your friends, if you're linked properly with ability to view and share, you should be able to book FPs for everyone as a group and then modify them individually. Now, I have no personal experience linking and booking for others, but this is what I understand from trying to teach myself about it in case I ever do :-):-)

My trip ends in Dec so I have already made FPs. Another tip is if you want a specific attraction but don't see the perfect time, grab the best one. Then go back in to modify - different times will show up than what you first saw.

Kind of frustrating, but I am sure there is some method to the madness!

Splash mountain in december? Is it too cold? Do you take extra clothes...wear a poncho? Trying to figure out how to fit this into our touring plans because I know my 5 year old is going to want to ride it. We will be going back for an afternoon break, should we just do it right before the break?

Flip a coin and watch the weather reports the week before. I've been there when it has been 90* and I've been when it's 45*. Best advice I can give, have someone bring a backpack, and in it, a t-shirt, gym shorts and socks. They are light weight and can be compactly folded. And, if you need to take a knee, either in line or in front of a show, it makes a great knee pad.

Our first park day is Dec 11th. So... Our 60 day FP day is Oct 12th ( I hope ). I'm assuming it is at 7AM Eastern. Since I'm in Central, I will need to do it at 6AM, right?
I know what FP's I want to get for each day, my dilemma is getting the times right. I don't want to be jumping from one side of the park to the other for them. I would like a smooth flow for the day. Do any of you consider that in your FP's selection times? Also, I have 3 families going that are linked to my MDE. I am hoping to make the FP reservations for all of them at the same time. Will it let me? Thanks!
Our first day is dec 10 and my fp are oct 11. So you're good on your day!

We tour in a circle and plan our FPs accordingly. If I know I'm starting in Tomorrowland, I know not to make a 10am FP for Splash Mountain unless I plan to use it at the end of the window and I have an 11am FP for Big Thunder to get on immediately afterward, and I want to eat lunch on that side of the park.

One approach: If you start in Tomorrowland at rope drop, you can walk on Space Mountain and Buzz a couple of times each and still walk on Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Ariel right after. Use a FP for dwarfs, and wait 10 or 15 minutes for Small World and Haunted Mansion, then use FPs for Splash and Big Thunder. Grab a 4th FP and eat lunch.

Crowds and wait times pick up starting around 10:30am. I usually plan our first FPs so that 10:30am falls somewhere within the window. Where within the window depends on our plan for the park on each particular day.

As for your friends, if you're linked properly with ability to view and share, you should be able to book FPs for everyone as a group and then modify them individually. Now, I have no personal experience linking and booking for others, but this is what I understand from trying to teach myself about it in case I ever do :-):-)

Your touring plan for tomorowland is great.

I read something about fp today that I need to remember when we get to the park. That once you're done using the previous fp, you can adjust the time of the next one if there's availability. That takes some pressure off.

When we went in July I loved being able to either change or adjust our FP on the fly or make another one as soon as our last one was up!

When we went in July I loved being able to either change or adjust our FP on the fly or make another one as soon as our last one was up!

That's good to hear. I read it but wasn't sure how easy it would actually be. I have zero experience with fast passes and touring plans so this definitely makes me feel better. Knowing I can adjust stuff on the fly, pretty easily is awesome.

I am sorry if this is already somewhere in the 82 pages. I searched but couldn't find it. I HAVE to go to Disney because my DD is in a soccer tournament from Dec 30-Jan 3. We are staying offsite, and I feel completely at a loss. I am an avid planner, and love this thread. I have a few questions:
1. Is it CRAZY over new years? Are there any official strategy pages for this
2. Has anyone else been for a sports tournament? How do you plan for Disney days amongst the games?
3. Do they have discounted tickets for teams in tournaments?

This is all new to me, and any help I can get would be amazing...

Thanks

@xlsm did you get a response from the Disney moms panel? I saw some posts in fb groups from people that got heard back.

Yes, I actually JUST finished reading the email. I didn't move ahead, but I didn't expect to after I read about them taking out people who used acronyms like WDW instead of spelling out all three words, which I did in almost all of my answers I think. Oh well, lesson learned!
I was surprised to get any kind of response at all, I didn't think they notified you if you didn't move on.

I really need some advice. I've been holding out for the Star Wars Dessert Party and it absolutely KILLS me that they are releasing these dates like a trickling faucet and I'm becoming impatient. I know December dates will probably be out there at the beginning of November but by then, I will have my touring plans with fast passes already set. I'm now toying with the idea of doing MVMCP on one of the nights we are there--I looked at this originally but I thought it was just too much for 5 adults. But, this is a birthday trip for my youngest DD who asked to go to Disney for her 21st bday and I want to include some kind of special event. I know a lot of you have the party planned for your trip---is it worth the cost? Is it special enough to spend almost $500 on? I look at that $500 and think we could have one heck of a good dinner but then......the Christmas party looks pretty cool.......Help!!

I really need some advice. I've been holding out for the Star Wars Dessert Party and it absolutely KILLS me that they are releasing these dates like a trickling faucet and I'm becoming impatient. I know December dates will probably be out there at the beginning of November but by then, I will have my touring plans with fast passes already set. I'm now toying with the idea of doing MVMCP on one of the nights we are there--I looked at this originally but I thought it was just too much for 5 adults. But, this is a birthday trip for my youngest DD who asked to go to Disney for her 21st bday and I want to include some kind of special event. I know a lot of you have the party planned for your trip---is it worth the cost? Is it special enough to spend almost $500 on? I look at that $500 and think we could have one heck of a good dinner but then......the Christmas party looks pretty cool.......Help!!

I think you get more bang for your buck by doing the party. So many events.

I was up bright and early this morning and has no problem with FP's. was plenty of time slots for FEA during the afternoon and evening.
Hope every one is successful time making final plans. Only issue I have is the annoyance of waiting for night time entertainment for AK(ROL) and HS(star wars fireworks), but Im not worried. I think us in the December thread are in a for a sweet vacation.

I've never done a party before but we LOVE Christmas things. My family is looking forwards to the character dance parties, night parade, holiday shows, and fireworks which are all only happening at the party. We may do a character meet and greet but we won't decide that until we're down there. I want to see how dd4 is with the characters. I don't want to waste party time waiting in line for characters if she won't go near them. It really depends on what you want to do at the party. If I wanted to just focus on getting a lot of rides in then I would look into EMM and see if that was a better fit for us. What are your dates? You might have some time to think about it some more.

I've never done a party before but we LOVE Christmas things. My family is looking forwards to the character dance parties, night parade, holiday shows, and fireworks which are all only happening at the party. We may do a character meet and greet but we won't decide that until we're down there. I want to see how dd4 is with the characters. I don't want to waste party time waiting in line for characters if she won't go near them. It really depends on what you want to do at the party. If I wanted to just focus on getting a lot of rides in then I would look into EMM and see if that was a better fit for us. What are your dates? You might have some time to think about it some more.
Our dates are 12/14-12/18 so, I definitely have time to think about it but I think I have read that parties get sold out. For our group, the party would be more about the parade, fireworks, etc but we all love the rides too. I worry that our Saturday night at MK without the party is going to be CRAZY crowded. I'm usually pretty good at scheduling but this time period feels problematic to me for some reason. On the other hand.......that star wars dessert party just looks like fun and something new.

Joining in! DS, 14, nephew, 9, and I will be in WDW 12/18 to 12/23 staying at BWV. My friend at work has asked to join in with her DSs 13 and 19. This is their first trip to WDW and will be staying next door at the Swan. We live in So Cal, so they think this will be like going to Disneyland. Oh boy, they have no idea how much fun we are going to have!!!!! Lucky for them I've been reading disboards and bought touring plans. Super planner at the ready!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!! Unrelated to December, but I got a pin code in my email today and just booked my May trip with my MIL...30% off a savanna view at AKL for less than I was going to pay for standard view!! Ahhh!!

And :welcome: to our new friends! I will get you added to the front page in just a minute :-):-)

I'm so excited!!! Unrelated to December, but I got a pin code in my email today and just booked my May trip with my MIL...30% off a savanna view at AKL for less than I was going to pay for standard view!!

That's awesome!

I'm at 67 days today. 1 week till fast passes & online check in. I want to get a garden grocer order in before the 60 day mark to get 10% off. Better get on that.

Joining in! DS, 14, nephew, 9, and I will be in WDW 12/18 to 12/23 staying at BWV. My friend at work has asked to join in with her DSs 13 and 19. This is their first trip to WDW and will be staying next door at the Swan. We live in So Cal, so they think this will be like going to Disneyland. Oh boy, they have no idea how much fun we are going to have!!!!! Lucky for them I've been reading disboards and bought touring plans. Super planner at the ready!!!!!!!

Welcome!!

Those were our original dates, too, and we'll be at the Boardwalk :-)

We made our first trip to Disneyland in June...your friends will have quite the eye opening experience! I'm so excited for you!!

That's awesome!

I'm at 67 days today. 1 week till fast passes & online check in. I want to get a garden grocer order in before the 60 day mark to get 10% off. Better get on that.

I had no idea that garden grocer gives you 10% off within a 60 day window...that's good info to have! We sometimes talk about staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins, and garden grocer is on our radar if that trip ever happens.

Hooray for being so close to FPs!! I'm just under two weeks away, and it feels like an eternity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter