• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Thanks for that heads up guys...just got a rate of $175, down from $178, and upgraded from a Corolla to a Chrysler 200. My dh is going to be very happy about that!!!

I've been getting that same error message with Alamo for over a week now, no matter what coupon I try. It says capacity check, coupon not available:confused3

Over a month ago, they said it was a problem with their site but so far, no resolution. I cannot get it to accept any coupons and if you try to remove the coupon code or change a time, it won't proceed. I like Alamo, but it's not worth the effort:)

I have been able to get the AMEX and BJs coupons to work (tried it yesterday to check rates but they are still up over my existing reservation) Maybe try clearing you IE history?

Funny.....I just tried the BJ's $40 code and got the capacity check error.

Do you mind sharing which exact BJ's code? I tried AD8Z21SDB

Using the Alamo insiders and deal finder, the prices I came back with are $226.39 for 9/16-9/25 for a Chrysler 200 or similar. Not bad, but I have a Dollar reservation for $191 for a full size, so I will stick with that until someone else drops lower....Oh the waiting game!

We're doing a quick predeployment trip in September so we're only renting from Saturday night till Thursday morning. We need a minivan and the cheapest I've found is $269.63 through National using the KLM Code and the Ent. Book $30 coupon. Really wish I could get this lower. This is more than I paid for a 10 day rental the last time we traveled! LOL

I also reserved a standard on EA for $185.10 in the hope there would be a minivan there but will probably cancel this before we leave as it doesn't seem like anyone is reporting minivans on EA anymore.

We're doing a quick predeployment trip in September so we're only renting from Saturday night till Thursday morning. We need a minivan and the cheapest I've found is $269.63 through National using the KLM Code and the Ent. Book $30 coupon. Really wish I could get this lower. This is more than I paid for a 10 day rental the last time we traveled! LOL

Please thank your husband for his service. Wishing you a magical trip!!
pixiedust:

ktate82 said:
Using the Alamo insiders and deal finder, the prices I came back with are $226.39 for 9/16-9/25 for a Chrysler 200 or similar. Not bad, but I have a Dollar reservation for $191 for a full size, so I will stick with that until someone else drops lower....Oh the waiting game!

Almost in the same boat. I'm looking at 9/14 - 9/20 and still getting $225 for mid-sized on Alamo (same as my current reservation) and that's using the Southwest and Visa codes. Maybe since the person who's rate dropped was looking at renting a few days earlier than we are, our rate drops are coming soon? Fingers crossed.

I'd just really like to stick with Alamo because I'll be using a debit Visa, not a regular credit card, and Alamo seems to be very debit friendly comparatively!

Funny.....I just tried the BJ's $40 code and got the capacity check error.

Do you mind sharing which exact BJ's code? I tried AD8Z21SDB

BJ's code: AD8Z21SDB...same code
Also tried Visa code:AD2338FDF
and an American Express code, but don't remember what I used.

I also tried to view reservation online and it wouldn't let me do that. Wish they would put the website back to the way it was.

Almost in the same boat. I'm looking at 9/14 - 9/20 and still getting $225 for mid-sized on Alamo (same as my current reservation) and that's using the Southwest and Visa codes. Maybe since the person who's rate dropped was looking at renting a few days earlier than we are, our rate drops are coming soon? Fingers crossed.

I'd just really like to stick with Alamo because I'll be using a debit Visa, not a regular credit card, and Alamo seems to be very debit friendly comparatively!

I know! I'm hoping for a full size around $100 for that time period :rotfl2: Not too much to ask is it?

I know! I'm hoping for a full size around $100 for that time period :rotfl2: Not too much to ask is it?

LOL!! Good luck with that! That price would be incredible! But you never know, right? I'd just like to get it below $200.

Just checked a moment ago and still getting the $225 for mid-sized (w/ Visa & Southwest codes). I'll just keep checking daily...

LOL!! Good luck with that! That price would be incredible! But you never know, right? I'd just like to get it below $200.

Just checked a moment ago and still getting the $225 for mid-sized (w/ Visa & Southwest codes). I'll just keep checking daily...

Can you post the visa and southwest codes.

Thanks

Check out Enterprise with the Entertainment book code. I got a full size 8/31-9/07 for $169.
Thanks so much, just booked full size for $183.12 8/31-09/08 through Enterprise. I been entering so many different codes at so many rental companies, I must have missed Enterprise with entertainment book code.

Alamo - Visa code 7015504
Alamo - Southwest code 7016105

Hmmm, that Visa code is different than the one I have been trying (and booked under). I'll have to try that one, too, to see if it has a different effect.

EDIT: The visa code 7015504 doesn't work for me. It says "Coupon ID Not Found". I know that the Visa code AD2338FDF does work (although sometimes you have to refresh your browser or close/reopen your browser after using an invalid coupon code to get it to work, but not always... Evidently, problem with Alamo site many are having).

Hmmm, that Visa code is different than the one I have been trying (and booked under). I'll have to try that one, too, to see if it has a different effect.

EDIT: The visa code 7015504 doesn't work for me. It says "Coupon ID Not Found". I know that the Visa code AD2338FDF does work (although sometimes you have to refresh your browser or close/reopen your browser after using an invalid coupon code to get it to work, but not always... Evidently, problem with Alamo site many are having).

These two numbers are CODES, not coupons. Technically you should be able to use a coupon with it as well. But, we all know coupon codes are not working. I did send Alamo Tech Support an email this morning asking them the status of fixing the problems with the website, but no response so far (no surprise there!).

These two numbers are CODES, not coupons. Technically you should be able to use a coupon with it as well. But, we all know coupon codes are not working. I did send Alamo Tech Support an email this morning asking them the status of fixing the problems with the website, but no response so far (no surprise there!).

Interesting! Thanks! I get more of a discount with the Southwest code than the Visa, but my coupon codes are working (I'm using the Chrome browser). I tried the VISA code you listed (in the Contract ID box) with and without the Visa Coupon Code (AD2338FDF put in the Coupon Code box) and the coupon did work to bring it down versus without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter