Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

We have a full sized car reserved, but I'm a little worried if it will be big enough. It will be me, DBF, DD8, DS7, and my mom. We will check 3 bags, each have a backpack, and one carry on. Will we fit?

Thanks to everyone for posting and checking constantly, it really helps!

Need some advice...DW, me, DS5, DD3, DS1 heading down 9/21-10/5. Do we REALLY need a min-van? DS5 can go in a backless booster and the other two have relatively skinny forward facing seats (Diono Radian RXT). I'd love to just get a fullsize car but a intermediate SUV like a Ford Escape may work as well.

What do you guys think?

TIA!!! :thumbsup2

I think you could all be seated in a full size with 2 RXTs and a low back booster - a bubble bum would probably fit well - in a full size... The real trick is the luggage and stroller..and whether they will all fit? Does the stroller have an umbrella fold? Can the stroller for in the back seat where the kid feet are? Or are you packing light?

If you (or anyone else in a similar situation) can get your family around but just not the stuff - you can always consider using ME to get a part of your family to/from a Disney resort if you are staying on property?

I need a car 8/31-9/08 and rates are very high due to holiday weekend. I always get great deals with Bjs or Entertainment contract and coupons, but the best I found for my dates is booking with no promo code and checking the Dollar rental city specials. I booked for $196.31 total for full size for 8 days. I guess not too bad, but I'll keep looking to see if I can find a better deal.

Just got a minivan from Sept 5-15 for $286 at National. Used KLM code 8572130 and entertainment book nda2354bu for $30 off.

I just got a midsize SUV from National with the above KLM and Entertainment Book codes listed above for $249.22 from 9/7 - 9/15. I don't have the entertainment book will buy it as its only $5.99 right now.. worth the $30 savings. :)

I need a car 8/31-9/08 and rates are very high due to holiday weekend. I always get great deals with Bjs or Entertainment contract and coupons, but the best I found for my dates is booking with no promo code and checking the Dollar rental city specials. I booked for $196.31 total for full size for 8 days. I guess not too bad, but I'll keep looking to see if I can find a better deal.

Check out Enterprise with the Entertainment book code. I got a full size 8/31-9/07 for $169.

I think you could all be seated in a full size with 2 RXTs and a low back booster - a bubble bum would probably fit well - in a full size... The real trick is the luggage and stroller..and whether they will all fit? Does the stroller have an umbrella fold? Can the stroller for in the back seat where the kid feet are? Or are you packing light?

If you (or anyone else in a similar situation) can get your family around but just not the stuff - you can always consider using ME to get a part of your family to/from a Disney resort if you are staying on property?

My thoughts exactly! We'll be using ME which will take a huge load off plus the inlaws are coming with us and they'll have their own car which has an empty back seat. So long as we can get all of the kid seats in we should be alright.

We have a full sized car reserved, but I'm a little worried if it will be big enough. It will be me, DBF, DD8, DS7, and my mom. We will check 3 bags, each have a backpack, and one carry on. Will we fit?

Are you talking 30 inch checked bags & one (or five carry-on's) and a full-sized stroller along with the 5 backpacks?

Regardless, we usually book full size cars and pick our own out on the aisle. Some models do have bigger trunks than others, but I honestly don't see u fitting all that gear in a trunk.

If you go to the rental car website that u booked, click on the car information. Example National: full size = 5 people & 5 pieces of luggage, mid-sized SUV = 5, people, 3 pieces of luggage.

How long are you staying? Sounds like a lot of gear, can you edit? Consider paring down the luggage count & doing a load of laundry at the resort.

Are you talking 30 inch checked bags & one (or five carry-on's) and a full-sized stroller along with the 5 backpacks?

Regardless, we usually book full size cars and pick our own out on the aisle. Some models do have bigger trunks than others, but I honestly don't see u fitting all that gear in a trunk.

If you go to the rental car website that u booked, click on the car information. Example National: full size = 5 people & 5 pieces of luggage, mid-sized SUV = 5, people, 3 pieces of luggage.

How long are you staying? Sounds like a lot of gear, can you edit? Consider paring down the luggage count & doing a load of laundry at the resort.

We won't have a stroller, just 3 checked bags (two large, one med), five backpacks, and one carry on suitcase. We might be able to drop to 2 suitcases, but only time will tell. DD8 won't need a booster seat and DS7 I'm not sure if he needs one or not (I don't think they are required, but we may bring it because he is small). We are going to be down there 10 days.

I got my entertainment book/card off ebay for good price. rechecked and was so excited to see the price last night forgot to edit my car. Wasn't a minivan. BOO!! Well, will keep checking

Has anyone found a coupon that works with Alamo? My rates have gone down, but can no longer get a coupon to work with it to get added savings. I've tried Visa, American Airlines, Bjs coupon codes and get error messages with all them. Thanks!

pixiedust: for me! Just checked Dollar again for my dates of 9/28-10/5, a midsize, down to $202. from Hou to Galveston..doing the happy dance :banana:

National mid-size picking up at CCC, Sept 12 to Sept 17, 2013. 5 day rental
using AMEX 5125601 and free day NF5147zdc $174.24. I have an AMEX card so I just changed my profile for the AMEX to be the default credit card for this rental.

Has anyone found a coupon that works with Alamo? My rates have gone down, but can no longer get a coupon to work with it to get added savings. I've tried Visa, American Airlines, Bjs coupon codes and get error messages with all them. Thanks!

Same here - coupons no longer work with Alamo. Someone posted a few days ago that they called Alamo, and were told they were working on the problem. Apparently their IT department isn't too sharp... :lmao:

The prices keep coming down! 4 weeks with Dollar for a Ford Focus is now $459! I am really happy now.

In the meantime while we wait for Alamo to figure out the deal with their coupons working and not working, I was able to snag a rental from Dollar!

9/25-10/8/13
Fullsize car for $258.xx inclusive of all taxes and fees using a AAA discount.

I prefer to use Alamo, but as long as Dollar is $49 cheaper, I'm going with Dollar.

Alamo is down for mid-sept.

I'm doing a 8 day 9/7 to 9/15 rental and with either Insiders/Costco/Southwest it is:

$167 Econ
$184 Standard (you'll get a Fullsize at MCO)

Not as great....
$326 Std SUV
$338 Minivan

I just booked a standard car at MCO from Sept 10th to the 16th using Alamo Deal Retriever. Quoted price of $100 even, with taxes and fees a total of $148.37 for seven days. Great price, and even better since we will be getting a full size for the standard price! :)

I've been getting that same error message with Alamo for over a week now, no matter what coupon I try. It says capacity check, coupon not available:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter