Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Well, for me...all's well that ends well. Alamo did charge my credit card $141. My original paperwork said it would be $105. Dh told me that he questioned the guy when he returned the car but was told that the computer system was down and there was nothing he could do. And that dh should call Alamo when he got home. So, I returned home a few days later to deal with it. I sent Alamo an email stating the issue and that I wanted $37 refunded to my credit card. I was polite but assertive. I got the email today telling me that they had refunded that amount. So Alamo did the right thing. And no toll charges were on there either.

Looking for quick help please.

Our car crapped out on us yesterday while here at WDW. It is now in the WDW car care centre until Tuesday. Anyone have any quick codes to help me get a vehicle at a good price for a couple of days? Today is already a write off but maybe can salvage our trip to Daytona tomorrow if the price is right.

Thanks

John

Our car crapped out on us yesterday while here at WDW. It is now in the WDW car care centre until Tuesday. Anyone have any quick codes to help me get a vehicle at a good price for a couple of days? Today is already a write off but maybe can salvage our trip to Daytona tomorrow if the price is right.

Thanks

John

Hello... sorry to hear about your trouble. Try www.carrentalsavers.com they have cars for $25 a day for the next few days through thrifty. Good Luck!:)

Thanks

John

Dollar.com....................City special rate..........should be able to get something for as little as $66........pick up is right across from Downtown Disney...no need to go back to the airport.

Pick-up
LAKE BUENA VISTA - WYNDHAM RESORT, FL DLE
1850 Hotel Plaza BoulevardLake Buena Vista, FL 32830 US
Sun Sep. 15, 2013 at noon

Return
Same as Pick-up
Tue Sep. 17, 2013 at noon

"A" is the Wyndam in this map

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1850...uena+Vista,&hnear=Orlando,+Florida+32830&z=17

Dollar and thrifty just dropped to $9 a day! I'm sure there are other locations other than airport that you could access~ Good Luck!:goodvibes

Dollar and thrifty just dropped to $9 a day! I'm sure there are other locations other than airport that you could access~ Good Luck!:goodvibes

just checked what I posted above is still $66 but from MCO for a 2 day rental, it's only $33:eek:

Thanks very much folks. Just booked a compact thru Dollar at Wyndham for $58. Gives us a car to do some off site stuff we had planned at a reasonable price.

We leave Friday and the best I've gotten is $198 with Budget for a 9 day minivan rental. Do prices normally go further down the week of? I've only seen them going up since I got this price on 9/7.

Seems like Alamo has only been going up lately.

Sept 25-Oct 8..I think I"m at $277ish for Alamo and $258ish at Dollar.

Wish Alamo would come down some.

We went to pick up our car and had to wait till our reservation time to the minute (2 pm) or pay an extra $25. We waited and had reserved a standard through Alamo. Got to the rows and they had at least 3 dodge minivans! Woot woot!

Well, for me...all's well that ends well. Alamo did charge my credit card $141. My original paperwork said it would be $105. Dh told me that he questioned the guy when he returned the car but was told that the computer system was down and there was nothing he could do. And that dh should call Alamo when he got home. So, I returned home a few days later to deal with it. I sent Alamo an email stating the issue and that I wanted $37 refunded to my credit card. I was polite but assertive. I got the email today telling me that they had refunded that amount. So Alamo did the right thing. And no toll charges were on there either.

:thumbsup2good to hear it worked out for you and that they still are willing to make it right when they mess up.

All of a sudden the rates are going up again. I'm gonna stop looking. Got a great deal last Friday. Only 9 days until our trip.

I have a Midsize SUV booked with Alamo for 9/30-10/9 for $219, which I'm happy with. I check daily just to be sure I have the best rate, and today Alamo doesn't even list the Midsize SUV class as available. Should I worry about car options when we arrive? We land on a Monday morning, hoping we have a few choices!

Great rental exp with Thrifty, my first experience with them. I had a Blue Chip membership, and choose Specialty car. I skipped the line, our flight was late, no questions asked, the car was in the front row of the lot with my name n it. There was a display sign above he booth I could tell by my name which parking spot to find the car. The packet said if I was not happy I could find another car, but the Chrysler 200 fit my needs. The cost was $122.26 for 8.2 days.
There was a $250 hold on my debit until I returned the car.
Best exp ever! Just turn the key and go.

I have a Midsize SUV booked with Alamo for 9/30-10/9 for $219, which I'm happy with. I check daily just to be sure I have the best rate, and today Alamo doesn't even list the Midsize SUV class as available. Should I worry about car options when we arrive? We land on a Monday morning, hoping we have a few choices!

You will have choices, don't worry. If they don't have a midsize SUV for you, they will bump you up to the next class for nada. Use the kiosk or online checkin. The counter will not know what is available and if they do, it won't matter and will try to upsell.

You will have choices, don't worry. If they don't have a midsize SUV for you, they will bump you up to the next class for nada. Use the kiosk or online checkin. The counter will not know what is available and if they do, it won't matter and will try to upsell.

Great, thanks! I figured they would have to offer me something bigger if there were none available, hopefully I will have a couple options to choose from!

Great rental exp with Thrifty, my first experience with them. I had a Blue Chip membership, and choose Specialty car. I skipped the line, our flight was late, no questions asked, the car was in the front row of the lot with my name n it. There was a display sign above he booth I could tell by my name which parking spot to find the car. The packet said if I was not happy I could find another car, but the Chrysler 200 fit my needs. The cost was $122.26 for 8.2 days.
There was a $250 hold on my debit until I returned the car.
Best exp ever! Just turn the key and go.

Do you happen to know if all Blue Chip reservations go right to the car and get to skip the line in the terminal? Someone had asked a similar question a few days ago on another thread and got no response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter