Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

I did the Budget/Costco codes and got economy car for that week for $129 Canadian (I'm in Ontario). :cool1:

Gonna keep watching though.

Washerbarry, I am in Toronto too and my dates are Sept 21 at 2pm to Sept 29 at 5pm (9 days I know but our flight is at 8:30pm on the 29th). Can you tell me the codes you used or what rate you are getting? I went on costcotravel and got $158 a few weeks ago and it hasn't come down at all since.
I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Sorry, I saw that you posted the codes. These are good rates. Similar to what I have but the SUV rate is great. Are there any restrictions to this Costco code or is the same as booking through the website? The second driver is still free?
I get $190 for an SUV for our dates and am thinking maybe we should upgrade to that. It's only a $30 difference, within our budget and will make sure we have plenty of room for strollers, car seats, luggage, etc.,
Thoughts?

Sorry, I saw that you posted the codes. These are good rates. Similar to what I have but the SUV rate is great. Are there any restrictions to this Costco code or is the same as booking through the website? The second driver is still free?
I get $190 for an SUV for our dates and am thinking maybe we should upgrade to that. It's only a $30 difference, within our budget and will make sure we have plenty of room for strollers, car seats, luggage, etc.,
Thoughts?

I vote to go for the upgrade! It's vacation and everyone deserves less hassle trying to get things into the car! That being said - some sedans have TONS of space...so it really comes down to how well your stroller and luggage puzzle together in he trunk of either vehicle on whether things fit..

Costco Travel prices are down quite a bit...not sure if anyone has already posted this.

We'll be down from 9/21-10/5 (14 days)

Earlier this week I was in a minivan thru Alamo for $582...now it's down to $396...but...Budget is even lower...currently at $360. That's only $26/day. Lowest I've seen for a minivan.

Also, a standard SUV is down to $417 for 14 days ($30/day).

I've got a minivan reserved through Budget for 8 days for $198!!! I'm going to keep looking for better but I'm definitely happy with that. :cool1:

My dates 9/27---10/5

$281 :( I will keep checking though

My dates are 9/30-10/9 and I have an SUV through Alamo for $219. Maybe check them? I only used the Alamo insider rate, no code worked to get it lower. I got the rate yesterday, mine had dropped a whopping eighty cents so I rebooked! That would cover one toll, right?

Minivan, pick up MCO/drop off TPA 11 day 7 hours for $280. I can live with that and if was possible to do better, I never figured out how. Budget with BCD code D464700 and coupon code MUGZ007. Rapid Res Membership gives DW (me) addtional free driving. Just thought I'd share in case someone else is struggling with rates...maybe this will help.

I'm disappointed with Alamo this year. I've had such a hard time with coupons not working or having a minimum/maximum rental days.

So far I have a midsize at Alamo 9/21 10am-9/29 8am for $160 and midsize at EZ for $117. I've only used Alamo so I'm more comfortable with them and they don't hold a deposit. I'm still undecided if I should pay the $43 difference and stay with old reliable or save money but will have $200 held up. Ugh!

**EDIT**
Maybe Alamo was reading this thread?!? lol I checked rates after (also before) posting this and the rate went down to $132 for a standard! ($127 for midsize) I feel much better about this rental, sorry EZ. I will be reeaaallly happy if Alamo goes even lower lol. I'm never satisfied, huh?

I used code AU5224JAB for a free upgrade.

Maybe Alamo was reading this thread?!? lol I checked rates after (also before) posting this and the rate went down to $132 for a standard! ($127 for midsize) I feel much better about this rental, sorry EZ. I will be reeaaallly happy if Alamo goes even lower lol. I'm never satisfied, huh?

Are you out of MCO?

My dates are the same as yours, but a little different times. 6:00pm pickup and 3:30pm dropoff.

I'm getting $168 for a Standard with the free upgrade code.

I'm disappointed with Alamo this year. I've had such a hard time with coupons not working or having a minimum/maximum rental days.

**EDIT*Maybe Alamo was reading this thread?!? lol I checked rates after (also before) posting this and the rate went down to $132 for a standard! ($127 for midsize) I feel much better about this rental, sorry EZ. I will be reeaaallly happy if Alamo goes even lower lol. I'm never satisfied, huh?

I just used the same code for a nine day rental Sept 14th at 12N-Sept 22nd at 5:00pm and got $173.00 (compact upgrade to a midsize).:mad:

Are you out of MCO?

My dates are the same as yours, but a little different times. 6:00pm pickup and 3:30pm dropoff.

I'm getting $168 for a Standard with the free upgrade code.

Yes, I tried it again and couldn't get it to that price again. I've checked my email to make sure it is my dates and times lol.

I previously had a reservation with Dollar for 238 (minivan at MCO, 9/16-9/22 at noon, tax inc.) but it went down to 216 at Alamo logged in as an insider, with the bonus that as an insider, there is no additional driver fee.

Does anyone know if there are actually any 'choice' of minivan at Alamo or all they usually just several of the same one?

I previously had a reservation with Dollar for 238 (minivan at MCO, 9/16-9/22 at noon, tax inc.) but it went down to 216 at Alamo logged in as an insider, with the bonus that as an insider, there is no additional driver fee.

Does anyone know if there are actually any 'choice' of minivan at Alamo or all they usually just several of the same one?

The mini vans with Alamo are usually Dodge Caravans and Chysler Towne and Country. Sometimes there is a Kia or two or a Nissan. There is one Premium mini van......Sienna, costs a bit more and won't be found on the mini van row.

The mini vans with Alamo are usually Dodge Caravans and Chysler Towne and Country. Sometimes there is a Kia or two or a Nissan. There is one Premium mini van......Sienna, costs a bit more and won't be found on the mini van row.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter