• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Alamo is moving down a little bit. Cars are still high compared to last week. Got my in-laws a minivan for $225 with the sunpromotion. Down from $239. Leave Saturday so will keep checking. I'm happy with my standard at $132. I don't think that will go lower.

Do you happen to know if all Blue Chip reservations go right to the car and get to skip the line in the terminal? Someone had asked a similar question a few days ago on another thread and got no response.

I had one in Los Angeles last year. Not there, had to do the counter (i think because it was Christmas & late otherwise I wouldn't have), but got to go out & pick whatever car I wanted in the size I rented.

Arrived yesterday at 6pm, grabbed luggage and was in the Alamo garage at 630.
Had reserved a standard car from the 17th-27th for $193 total. Went to the full size row and had a choice of Impala's, Altima's or Dodge Minivans, took the minivan.

Arrived yesterday at 6pm, grabbed luggage and was in the Alamo garage at 630.
Had reserved a standard car from the 17th-27th for $193 total. Went to the full size row and had a choice of Impala's, Altima's or Dodge Minivans, took the minivan.
We just returned yesterday. We had a 5 day full size rental with National at the Disney Car Care center for $193.41. We got a Chrysler Town & Country mini-van.
We had a scooter, but I was just hoping I could get a mini-van for the full size price and I did, but your price was way better than mine.
Michele,

Does anyone know the best chance company to rent from and have a mini van in the full size lane?

I have a mini van reserved at budget, but if I could get the same car for the full size price that would be great.

Ok, so I booked a couple of months ago with a Southwest code and got a pretty good rate at $157 for 9 days, free upgrade to standard car.

I didn't realize the SW code negated the Alamo Insider free driver so when I went to do online checkin and add a driver, it was $250.

I called Alamo and she got rid of the SW code and put in the Alamo Insider code and my rate is now $172 with the free additional driver.

$15 more, no big deal.

Now, I try to add him and then get to the very end of the online checkin process where I put in my credit card into and it takes me back to the driver info screen with a warning about payment.

So, I call again and she tells me since I'm adding another driver, I have to go to the desk so he could sign the contract and I can't do online checkin.

Does this sound right to you?

She then says I can still add him to my reservation by going to modify reservation. I can't find where to do this at all.

I give up!

Ok, so I booked a couple of months ago with a Southwest code and got a pretty good rate at $157 for 9 days, free upgrade to standard car.

I didn't realize the SW code negated the Alamo Insider free driver so when I went to do online checkin and add a driver, it was $250.

I called Alamo and she got rid of the SW code and put in the Alamo Insider code and my rate is now $172 with the free additional driver.

$15 more, no big deal.

Now, I try to add him and then get to the very end of the online checkin process where I put in my credit card into and it takes me back to the driver info screen with a warning about payment.

So, I call again and she tells me since I'm adding another driver, I have to go to the desk so he could sign the contract and I can't do online checkin.

She then says I can still add him to my reservation by going to modify reservation. I can't find where to do this at all.

I give up!

Dd you try clicking the modify link from your confirmation Email ?

Do you happen to know if all Blue Chip reservations go right to the car and get to skip the line in the terminal? Someone had asked a similar question a few days ago on another thread and got no response.

Yes, blue chip go to the garage. The sign before the counter state "Blue Chip member, turn around. go to the garage across the street to pick up your rental"

There is a board in the garage as soon as you enter that updates near the little office. Check for your name and it will give the spot number your car is in. They keep moving them up so mine was in spot 7. If you wish a different ca the paperwork states to contact hm in that office.

I reserved under the chosen "special" category so I was fine with the Chrysler 200. Extremely clean, low miles. The keys were in it with my paperwork. I ran the AC as I stowed the bags and off we went. I pulled into the Pop in about a half hour. I was only in he garage maybe less then 10 minutes.

Ladygoldenhair, thanks so much for the info! I have searched the Dis and online and really couldn't find anything about how the Blue Chip rental pickup went. I had been looking for a decent Alamo rate (with no luck) so I could skip the counter. Now I'll just keep my Thrifty reservation.

Thanks again!

Ladygoldenhair, thanks so much for the info! I have searched the Dis and online and really couldn't find anything about how the Blue Chip rental pickup went. I had been looking for a decent Alamo rate (with no luck) so I could skip the counter. Now I'll just keep my Thrifty reservation.

Thanks again!

I was anxious as it was all new. I even had a non credit card reversion at EZ just in case. When I got to where the rental counters were and saw the line, I got nervous. But, then I see the sign to cross the street to the garage.

There was one person ahead of me, but a lot agent showed me the sign with my name on it. Pulled up ready to go. The paperwork and keys in it. I couldn't believe how fast I was out of here. I did do a set of photos on the cell phone as there was a nip of trim missing and few scratches, just to document.

No issue or grill when I returned the car. By the time I got things out they had looked it over and printed my receipt. The only negative was the $250 hold on the credit card but that was at EZ car too.
I wish I had this Info prior to my arrival that day!
Enjoy you trip. Remember, if you do want another car hen he one in the spot, let them know. :drive:

I got my sister and her boyfriend a week long car rental in a compact car for $117 through Budget. BCD Code is D464700 (up to 45% discount) and coupon code is MUWZ020 ($30 off a week long rental) and then prepay for an additional discount! Anyone can use those codes and no physical coupon is required.

$15 more, no big deal.

I give up!

Just do online checkin for you and add the additional driver at the kiosk or the exit booth.

I reserved my inlaws a minivan at Alamo for 9/21-9/29. When MIL goes to counter they tell her she needs to pay $140 more to get a Sienna to fit all the luggage and people. I'm pretty sure she paid for an 'upgrade' she didn't have to because the sienna was in the same minivan aisle. Am I correct? Will alamo do anything about this charge if I am? Thanks!

I reserved my inlaws a minivan at Alamo for 9/21-9/29. When MIL goes to counter they tell her she needs to pay $140 more to get a Sienna to fit all the luggage and people. I'm pretty sure she paid for an 'upgrade' she didn't have to because the sienna was in the same minivan aisle. Am I correct? Will alamo do anything about this charge if I am? Thanks!

The Siena's at Alamo are usually a different row than the 7 passenger mini vans....at the time of rental I would have thought it easy to tell them it came from the 7 passenger row and get it comped, but after the fact I am not as sure about how you/she would prove that?

Did you reserve a 7 person and have 8 people? Why would everyone/everything not fit in a 7 person van? (Your post says that it wouldn't fit..)

Had 7 people. I wasn't there when they picked up but my BIL and Sil told me the sienna was at the end of the minivan aisle.
The rep at the counter said they wouldnt fit. I believe that was said because 2 yrs ago the rep said to us 2 adults and 3 kids wouldn't fit in a midsize and wanted us to upgrade. I declined that because we fit in my pt cruiser with no problem so I knew we were fine.
So there is another minivan section? Since there isnt a 8 passenger van option online I thought they are all the same?
Thanks again for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter