Official Bay Lake Tower Photo Thread

WOW!:scared1:
Was that in your room or in a common area ? Is it near the opening to a main entrance ? Did they fly or just crawl? I would have been so freaked out.

We weren't staying at BLT, but in the main CR tower. We sorta snuck on over with a group of people, and we went down to check out the lobby and stuff. Those pictures were taken by the set of elevators on the main floor that are closest to the lake.

Thank goodness we weren't staying there at that time. I don't know how I'd feel about spending that much money to have to deal with them! :scared1:

They had wings but just sorta crawled around, like river bugs.

We weren't staying at BLT, but in the main CR tower. We sorta snuck on over with a group of people, and we went down to check out the lobby and stuff. Those pictures were taken by the set of elevators on the main floor that are closest to the lake.

Thank goodness we weren't staying there at that time. I don't know how I'd feel about spending that much money to have to deal with them! :scared1:

They had wings but just sorta crawled around, like river bugs.

Just curious.... where were the CM, did they say anything about it.. .were they around to see it... I mean... How could'nt you see it??!!:scared1:

Just booked our May 2010 trip based the the awesome pics and rave reviews of this resort. We coul not get a MK 1BR but did request a LV north even #. Hopefully we can get a room with some MK views. Used the 45% off promo code and CM Oddis was very helpful.

I have a 1 bdrm booked for aug and have been looking for the "insider tips" but can't seem to find the post/thread for the BLT... can you share what LV and even #'s mean? an the rest of it oh you wise ones??:worship:

We're leaving in one month for our first trip to Bay Lake Towers:cool1:

I'm getting so excited. I'd love to here more about everyon'es stay there:goodvibes

PPONY: We were given an 8X10 of that Mouse Art when we stayed CR last summer. I LOVE it and I am going to frame it! What is the artist's web site???

If you want more info on BLT go to DVC area of Disboards; lots there. We are owners and will stay one bedroom in June. Looking forward to it; especially with these 30 degree temps! ;)

I have a 1 bdrm booked for aug and have been looking for the "insider tips" but can't seem to find the post/thread for the BLT... can you share what LV and even #'s mean? an the rest of it oh you wise ones??:worship:

Hello, LV is for lake view. the even numbers are the outer ring that faces the MK, monorail, and comtemporary. the odd numbered rooms are in the inner crescent and face lake and pool and other rooms. The north end of the crescent ring is the rooms 2-12 approx and they also have a partial MK view.

Hope this helps out. You can also try the DVC board's also work2play has the most indepth thread going where she has mapped out rooms and views showing where they all are. the thread is located in the planning section. Sorry, i have not quite figured out how to link a thread yet. Have a great trip in AUG.:thumbsup2

Had to come visit my favorite photo thread. 17 more sleeps til i get to go to my home resort for the first time!! so excited and looking at pics helps me make it!!

Can anyone tell me if I have a dedicated 2 bedroom or lock-off 2 bedroom reserved?

It says:
2 Bedroom Villa - Lake View (4T)

This is a cash reservation.

We have reservations there for May 31st - June 7 2010. 2 Bedroom Lake View. It's out first DVC trip and our home resort. I can't wait. My question is, what side of the building is the lake view that you can also see MK? Is it the north wing? Thanks everyone!

We have reservations there for May 31st - June 7 2010. 2 Bedroom Lake View. It's out first DVC trip and our home resort. I can't wait. My question is, what side of the building is the lake view that you can also see MK? Is it the north wing? Thanks everyone!
Yes, it is the north facing, outer rooms.

Here is a wonderful thread to help you pick your BLT room location:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Ok so I called in and requested the room to be on the North Wing with an outer view. That would be amazing if it can be pulled off!

2 adults, 2 teens, 7 days, 1br.villa, NJ week. The pictures you are seeing her are deceptive. Some places look better in pictures and some photos just don't do the place justice. The lobby is much smaller than it appears in most pictures. Ditto for the pool. The views, on the other hand, are way more spectacular than these photos show. Rooms are beautiful with a subdued modern touch. Wooden doors are heavy, level of finish in bathrooms is fabulous. Closets are small but there is plenty of drawer space. Kitchen is adequate outfitted but bring plastic bags for leftovers. Appliances are all wonderful.
Pull out couches are very comfortable to sleep on but awful to sit upon. TV remotes are temperamental. DVD works fine. Bedding is heavenly, balconies are small and lighting is dim. Bath products are adequate, plenty of towels. Overall the place is very clean… I had no problems walking barefoot and allowed the kids to do so as well sit on the floor. Loved the large kitchen table.. plenty of room to spread out and eat.

Hospitality suite offered varied activities for kids. Many activities had a cost associated with them, so we avoided those. Kids loved pin trading. Movies on the beach in the evening with s’mores were also a nice treat.

If you have teens and they can go down to the Contempo to refill their mugs, then it’s a no-brainer. If you have little ones that you always need to be with, it’s a drag to constantly have to go to the CR for everything. We were on the top floor and I timed it… 10 minutes up and back to refill mugs.

If you are staying on points, I highly suggest viewing the fireworks from the deck at the top of the world. Breathtaking. If you are an early riser, grab a cup of coffee and go up to watch the MK waking up. Very relaxing way to start the day.

Getting around was easy. Never a problem with buses or monorail or walking to MK. Can never leave your room without your room key, so make plans to always have it handy. Staff was all very helpful, though we didn’t interface with them much. We rarely saw people, to be honest. Never had crowded elevators, no noise from hallways and rarely even saw people in our hallways.
We don’t eat in restaurants, so I can’t speak to the crowd levels there.

Get psyched…you are going to love BLT.

2 adults, 2 teens, 7 days, 1br.villa, NJ week. The pictures you are seeing her are deceptive. Some places look better in pictures and some photos just don't do the place justice. The lobby is much smaller than it appears in most pictures. Ditto for the pool. The views, on the other hand, are way more spectacular than these photos show. Rooms are beautiful with a subdued modern touch. Wooden doors are heavy, level of finish in bathrooms is fabulous. Closets are small but there is plenty of drawer space. Kitchen is adequate outfitted but bring plastic bags for leftovers. Appliances are all wonderful.
Pull out couches are very comfortable to sleep on but awful to sit upon. TV remotes are temperamental. DVD works fine. Bedding is heavenly, balconies are small and lighting is dim. Bath products are adequate, plenty of towels. Overall the place is very clean… I had no problems walking barefoot and allowed the kids to do so as well sit on the floor. Loved the large kitchen table.. plenty of room to spread out and eat.

Hospitality suite offered varied activities for kids. Many activities had a cost associated with them, so we avoided those. Kids loved pin trading. Movies on the beach in the evening with s’mores were also a nice treat.

If you have teens and they can go down to the Contempo to refill their mugs, then it’s a no-brainer. If you have little ones that you always need to be with, it’s a drag to constantly have to go to the CR for everything. We were on the top floor and I timed it… 10 minutes up and back to refill mugs.

If you are staying on points, I highly suggest viewing the fireworks from the deck at the top of the world. Breathtaking. If you are an early riser, grab a cup of coffee and go up to watch the MK waking up. Very relaxing way to start the day.

Getting around was easy. Never a problem with buses or monorail or walking to MK. Can never leave your room without your room key, so make plans to always have it handy. Staff was all very helpful, though we didn’t interface with them much. We rarely saw people, to be honest. Never had crowded elevators, no noise from hallways and rarely even saw people in our hallways.
We don’t eat in restaurants, so I can’t speak to the crowd levels there.

Get psyched…you are going to love BLT.
Thank you for posting your honest review:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter