****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Safe travels to everyone leaving today and the next few days! Hopefully we will have at least one rain free day!

I'm back to work today...booooo. Not sure I can catch up with this thread but I will sure try. Disney World was amazing! I wish we didn't have to leave. Sigh.

At least I know I was missed at work. Everyone so far has told me I am not allowed to go on vacation anymore or if I do make sure it coincides with their vacation. :rotfl2:

Hope everyone headed down there now stays dry and has fun!

Yesterday was the best mk day ever. Everyone was expecting a hurricane so it was dead. Today I'm at the studios and everyone is here today! Gasp...

youcansmellit said:
Yesterday was the best mk day ever. Everyone was expecting a hurricane so it was dead. Today I'm at the studios and everyone is here today! Gasp...

I agree yesterday at MK was awesome!! Today at studios was a crowd nightmare!! WTH!!

I agree yesterday at MK was awesome!! Today at studios was a crowd nightmare!! WTH!!

IT AS GREAT! We did almost everything! but were tooo tired for fireworks, although we made it throught the electrical parade no one wanted to wait 30 minutes for fireworks we all wanted bed!

And splash mountain....we got stuck right before the big drop and were exavuated!!!

IT AS GREAT! We did almost everything! but were tooo tired for fireworks, although we made it throught the electrical parade no one wanted to wait 30 minutes for fireworks we all wanted bed!

And splash mountain....we got stuck right before the big drop and were exavuated!!!

The day was amazing. The overcast all day made it a little cool and kept everyone away. We had an ADR at Ohana for 8:15. I wanted to say forget it and stay for the fireworks and the electrical light parade. But that would have been $40!! :confused3

I had a fastpass that was not used because splash mountain was closed.

What happened? Did you get the scoop? I have been in MK 2 times and both have had no Splash mountain luck. :mad:

Tomorrow is another day :confused3

Had a great stay at POR. DD found all the Princess details fascinating. She spent the first 10 minutes walking around pointing things out & saying who left it. It was exactly what Dh & I hoped for.:)
Rained every day, some T-Storms. Hurricane never really stopped us - just put on the poncho & go!!:umbrella:
Worst thing was on 8/27 when Splash Mountain stopped with us on it & we had to walk off. Luckily it was DD's second ride not her first.
DD cried last night because she missed vacation and wanted to know when we were going back. :(

We still have 2 more days left in this trip. I don't want to leave I could stay here forever!! Only way to cure this feeling is to book another trip!! So I just booked the BB offer for next August! Let the countdown begin!

We are day 4 in our 11 days trip. My legs are falling apart ;( but I manage. We had fun but the heat are too much for my MN family. We are at HS today.
Oh anyone needs bottle water? We are at pop and we have extra . Let me know!

It hit me today that I forgot to buy a 2012 Christmas ornament. I always stop at the store in MK and pick it up on our last day. Well we didn't go by that store this past Sunday. I always get the flat one that is porcelin ( I know I spelled that wrong). Just checked the parks website and it isn't on there.

We're having a good time. Agree with everyone that the parks have been more crowded than we are used to this same week in years previous. It's not too bad though.
We took a down day today and slept in, went to DTD, spent the afternoon swimming and have a late dinner tonight. Bliss. We really needed a nothing day.

3 more full park days and we are headed home. The nice thing about a 10 day vacation is that when it's time to leave I am ready to go. Not necessarily ready for work and school to start again, but it's going to so there's no avoiding it.:rolleyes1

We'll be back in February hopefully though a cruise is sounding better and better. We have AP's though so I feel like it would be a waste not to use them one last time.

Tomorrow is our last park day.....:( We definitly want to come back but August is too HOT for us!!! :sick: How is the weather in October in Disney? Anyone been? I would love to try the Halloween party!!!

Tomorrow is our last park day.....:( We definitly want to come back but August is too HOT for us!!! :sick: How is the weather in October in Disney? Anyone been? I would love to try the Halloween party!!!

We went last year from Sept 28-Oct 2. The weather was very pleasant! Warm but not too hot.
We got lucky with our August trip...it wasn't nearly as humid as August usually is:)

Got home last night about 8pm, woke up this morning glad to be in my own bed but so sad to not be rushing off to the parks :( My swollen feet sure are happy to be home LOL. Will start my TR sometime this weekend, gotta get pics sorted out. For now, I think I am going back to bed! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter