****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

We had that same problem with Ariel. Times guide said 10 and we planned the morning based on that. Only to be told she didn't meet till 11 that day. Bummer. Luckily we had lunch at Akershus the next day and she was at that, otherwise we would've missed her- we couldn't wait at MK. Too much else to do!

Good thing she showed up at Akershus. We had actually already seen her at CRT but we really wanted the Photopass pic with a nice background. I don't care for the pics I get at the character meals because of the crappy backdrop of dirty tables. So for our "special" characters, we always do the meets.

DD and I both brought back a killer cold. We are miserable.

Yep. Dh has a miserable cold/cough/fever and I have a headache that is a tell tale sign of things to come. However I am just grateful it wasn't on the trip that we came down with it.

Yep. Dh has a miserable cold/cough/fever and I have a headache that is a tell tale sign of things to come. However I am just grateful it wasn't on the trip that we came down with it.

DS started a sore throat last night and is coughing slightly today. What a way to start the first day of school!!

Hi Everyone!!! We got back on the 28th, but due to school starting, going back to work, etc., I haven't been posting. I did start my trip report and the link is in my siggie. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound and I think everyone is back home now.......or not??? :goodvibes

Oh Pigletto....... you'll be so proud! My bounceback has been booked for a little over one week now and I've already changed resorts!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!:lmao:

Hi Team- just wanted to pop in to say farewell to my most awesome Team August members. Im off to plan our 2013 trip, although I havent decided when to go or where to stay yet. August again? Maybe, however I DO love Springtime in The World-especially after our Northeast Winters. I'll be lurking on the Discounts board and Resorts boards from now until I have somewhat of a plan in place.

It's been a pleasure and I hope to run in to you guys again sometime!

Keep wishing on those stars, Team!!!:goodvibes:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Well, now I am planning on POR, Alligator Bayou section, preferred room! I booked the bounceback offer for Aug 18 through 29th. How about you, Gina? Did you book the bounceback??

Ooooohhh......I love POR! And I LOVE the AB section (that's where we stayed on our 2009 trip and it was so lush and beautiful). Sounds like another great trip in the works!

For our next getaway, we are staying onsite at SeaWorld (our fave park in Orlando) from December 23 - 30. We have a one bedroom suite at the Residence Inn SeaWorld, unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica, free Quick Queue (front-of-the-line) passes, one free all-day-dining pass per person for one day for both SeaWorld and Aquatica, early admission on select dates, and free daily buffet breakfast.

We have also purchased tickets to Gatorland (never been there before so that is exciting for us :banana:), Wild Willy's Airboats (again, a first for us), Dine With Shamu :-)woohoo: yup, I am just a big kid), Santa's Fireside Feast (dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus.....woohoo! :cool1:) and we are eagerly awaiting the release of tickets for the Orlando Magic/Toronto Raptors basketball game at the Amway Center on December 29th. My boys are HUGE basketball fans and being Canadians, we could not believe our luck when our hometown Raptors happen to be in town exactly at the time we are visiting. How cool is that?

We try to add some new stuff into each trip, as well as some old favourites. This will be our third trip in 2012, and yet we still are finding new attractions to take in (and have yet to be disappointed by any of our "experiments"). Never been away from home for the holidays before, so that will be weird, yet wonderful, all at the same time (if you have ever met my inlaws you would know what I mean...:rolleyes1).

I am off to read your TR right now....hope to start one this weekend myself! Can't wait to hear about all your Disney adventures! :goodvibes

Oh Pigletto....... you'll be so proud! My bounceback has been booked for a little over one week now and I've already changed resorts!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!:lmao:

You are a true Team August member!

Ooooohhh......I love POR! And I LOVE the AB section (that's where we stayed on our 2009 trip and it was so lush and beautiful). Sounds like another great trip in the works!

For our next getaway, we are staying onsite at SeaWorld (our fave park in Orlando) from December 23 - 30. We have a one bedroom suite at the Residence Inn SeaWorld, unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica, free Quick Queue (front-of-the-line) passes, one free all-day-dining pass per person for one day for both SeaWorld and Aquatica, early admission on select dates, and free daily buffet breakfast.

We have also purchased tickets to Gatorland (never been there before so that is exciting for us :banana:), Wild Willy's Airboats (again, a first for us), Dine With Shamu :-)woohoo: yup, I am just a big kid), Santa's Fireside Feast (dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus.....woohoo! :cool1:) and we are eagerly awaiting the release of tickets for the Orlando Magic/Toronto Raptors basketball game at the Amway Center on December 29th. My boys are HUGE basketball fans and being Canadians, we could not believe our luck when our hometown Raptors happen to be in town exactly at the time we are visiting. How cool is that?

We try to add some new stuff into each trip, as well as some old favourites. This will be our third trip in 2012, and yet we still are finding new attractions to take in (and have yet to be disappointed by any of our "experiments"). Never been away from home for the holidays before, so that will be weird, yet wonderful, all at the same time (if you have ever met my inlaws you would know what I mean...:rolleyes1).

I am off to read your TR right now....hope to start one this weekend myself! Can't wait to hear about all your Disney adventures! :goodvibes

Seaworld sounds amazing! Your onsite package sounds super sweet - I didn't even know they did stuff like that. A week there though?? Sounds like you have a lot of other stuff planned for that week and will definitely fill it up! For myself, I don't know if I could handle being so close to the Mouse and not visiting.

Been enjoying reading all the trip reports and dining reviews. In turn, I've been inspired to start writing a dining review. Wish me luck - I'm o Day 2 and really hope I make it all the way through Day 12!

Check out my review in my signature :)

Seaworld sounds amazing! Your onsite package sounds super sweet - I didn't even know they did stuff like that. A week there though?? Sounds like you have a lot of other stuff planned for that week and will definitely fill it up! For myself, I don't know if I could handle being so close to the Mouse and not visiting.

We checked out Disney for the same dates, but the cost was WAY too prohibitive (not to mention that it would be super crowded + no front-of-the-line passes = unhappy boys for me). Our SeaWorld package was a steal. $1330 all taxes in for the one-bedroom suite with all the inclusions for three people (length of stay tickets for SW & AQ, all day dining X 2 parks, Quick Queue passes for SW, daily buffet breakfast, theme park shuttles, etc.)

We do have a little bit of Disney tossed in as well :goodvibes . We have a dinner ADR for T-Rex (never been there before so we are super pumped!) which means we can also spend some time in DTD. And we have a breakfast ADR at O'hana (our favourite character meal). We will do a tour of the deluxe resorts on the monorail afterward to see all the decorations.

I am just hoping that Old Man Winter doesn't rear his ugly head and snow on us enough to delay our departure (we are flying out of Buffalo, NY....the snowbelt capital of world). If we're not worrying about hurricanes, we are fretting about blizzards :worried: .

My trip report is officially underway as well. Click on the link in my signature if you are interested in reading along :) .

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
We checked out Disney for the same dates, but the cost was WAY too prohibitive (not to mention that it would be super crowded + no front-of-the-line passes = unhappy boys for me). Our SeaWorld package was a steal. $1330 all taxes in for the one-bedroom suite with all the inclusions for three people (length of stay tickets for SW & AQ, all day dining X 2 parks, Quick Queue passes for SW, daily buffet breakfast, theme park shuttles, etc.)

We do have a little bit of Disney tossed in as well :goodvibes . We have a dinner ADR for T-Rex (never been there before so we are super pumped!) which means we can also spend some time in DTD. And we have a breakfast ADR at O'hana (our favourite character meal). We will do a tour of the deluxe resorts on the monorail afterward to see all the decorations.

I am just hoping that Old Man Winter doesn't rear his ugly head and snow on us enough to delay our departure (we are flying out of Buffalo, NY....the snowbelt capital of world). If we're not worrying about hurricanes, we are fretting about blizzards :worried: .

Hmmm..this sounds super interesting. I've never thought abt tdoing this before. Maybe a future trip for us would be to combine a pkg like this with Universal. Hows the dining at Sea World? I have to say one of my fave things abt DIsney is the dining. Not that it is stellar quality..but the dining plan makes it fun.

Victoriasmom98 said:
Well, now I am planning on POR, Alligator Bayou section, preferred room! I booked the bounceback offer for Aug 18 through 29th. How about you, Gina? Did you book the bounceback??

I booked the bounce back for the same time, same place! We just stayed there and it was awesome! Of course today, I started looking at deluxe resorts and thinking that with an entire year to save, maybe we can swing it... Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I booked BB for the last two weeks of August at POR (which I love), but I too am playing with switching to a deluxe. Like you said we have a whole year to pay it off. Good thing changes are allowed! Either way we're going to disney!!:cool1::cheer2::yay:

Sounds fabulous Gina!
If you need a "night before park and fly" hotel for Buffalo let me know. We stayed at one in May and were very happy with it. 105 for the night and 11 days of parking with a free breakfast and reliable shuttle!

Also there are coupons for Airport Parking on the Buffalo airport website and a place called the Parking Spot that puts coupons in our local flyers. I'd be happy to mail you one if needed:)

We use Buffalo all the time so if you have any questions at all I'll answer what I can!:)

Oh and to answer bounce back plans. Nope.. didn't book it. I think we plan on a trip to the mountains next summer and I just didn't want to make a deposit while we were there.

February is still a toss up in my mind. I have AP's and this would be the last trip with them. I even have one leg of our flights booked. I'm just not feeling it right now. It will be a few days at Disney and a Royal Caribbean cruise or a week at a value for us. We've spent all of our trip/fun money on Disney for the last few years and it's starting to wear a little thin with me. I don't know if I need a change or it's just too soon after the last trip.

Nurse_Mommy4 said:
I booked BB for the last two weeks of August at POR (which I love), but I too am playing with switching to a deluxe. Like you said we have a whole year to pay it off. Good thing changes are allowed! Either way we're going to disney!!:cool1::cheer2::yay:

I know! It would be so nice to stay at a resort closer to MK...maybe even on the monorail. Not sure if we can swing that though. I'm looking at the thread about renting DVC points and it makes sense too..l has anyone tried this?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter