****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

I don't know why but I am dragging my heels with the packing this year :confused3 I just put in my first load of laundry that has the clothes I need to take with me in it. I'm getting mine done today because DS and DD will be fighting over the washing machine tomorrow. They have been told that they need to get their own things together. They are 23 and 17 for goodness sake. They should be able to handle it! I've purchased everything we will need (shampoo, toothpaste etc) so it just needs to be put in the suitcase. For some reason I'm not even stressing about not having anything packed yet. I'm usually all packed up by now! What's wrong with me this year???? :confused3

Nothing, because if there is something wrong with you, then there is definitely something wrong with me too :goodvibes. I have mine and both of my girl's clothes in piles in my room while DH still has to do his. We got a lot of things together but haven't quite gotten them in the suitcases yet. I have the camera batteries all charged and the camera bag is packed, ponchos are all out, itinerary and money is set aside, just put in our order for Garden Grocer, and am getting all of my laundry done as we speak. Tomorrow is dedicated to packing and cleaning and then on Monday is finalizing and making sure all of the bags are packed. We have 2 full days left and even though it isn't done, I have faith that I won't be the last one to bed on Monday night. Limo is picking us up at 6:45am so I want to make sure we all get a good nights sleep. I am going to go over to Kohls today and use my Kohl's cash to buy me some new p.j.s to wear other then that, I am not going to stress too much.

netnurse31 said:
I don't know why but I am dragging my heels with the packing this year :confused3 I just put in my first load of laundry that has the clothes I need to take with me in it. I'm getting mine done today because DS and DD will be fighting over the washing machine tomorrow. They have been told that they need to get their own things together. They are 23 and 17 for goodness sake. They should be able to handle it! I've purchased everything we will need (shampoo, toothpaste etc) so it just needs to be put in the suitcase. For some reason I'm not even stressing about not having anything packed yet. I'm usually all packed up by now! What's wrong with me this year???? :confused3

The only reason I am done is due to the relocation or I would have a fire under my heels.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have a safe trip!

Have a wonderful trip and be safe :goodvibes

Thanks :goodvibes . We had a very uneventful drive (smooth sailing all the way), but a rather long wait at the border (a full hour before we were through). I am guessing there were lots of Canucks heading to Watertown to do their back-to-school shopping. Did some shopping at the Carousel Mall here in Syracuse, had an amazing dinner, and now we're chilling for the evening at the hotel.

Oh I love Dinosaur Barbecue! So glad they're opening one in Buffalo!!!

It was divine :worship: . I am so full I may burst. Good thing its only my luggage they will be weighing tomorrow 'cause I'm sure I gained at least a pound at dinner :rotfl: .

Busy place, though.....holy moly. It was so warm and wonderful with a beautiful breeze, so we ate outside at the Beer and Bone Yard, otherwise we would have been facing an hour wait :eek: .

Definitely as good as it appeared on Man v. Food! ::yes::

When are they opening the one in Buffalo? We are flying out of Buffalo for our Christmas trip, and I know my boys would love to try out another one of their locations!!!

We're here. Drove to Philly from Ottawa late Thursday to meet up with DS18. Watched him ice skate on Friday. Caught a plane in Philly to Orlando, upgraded to business class, woohoo, and arrived without a hitch. First time in about 7 years at a non DVC property, and am thankful that both my Sept and Dec trips will be DVC. It is loud, crowded and full of people who are lost and or confused. We are at Port Orleans Riverside. The room is great, love the extra bed, hate the lack of places to put things away.

DH and I got up this morning and decided that that was the time to pack EVERYTHING into our suitcases. Glad to say it is finally done, with the exception of a few little odd and end items that I will need right up until the day we leave. I am so happy because that headache is finally done and now I can clean my room and get that organized. I really don't have very much to do as far is cleaning the house goes, just a few more loads of laundry, vacuuming all of the floors, and wash the kitchen floor which I plan to do before I go to bed tomorrow night. I think I will go and see what Isaac is doing today because I was reading another thread that said something about him deciding to change his course, hopefully that is not true....DH is still not worried, he believes that when we head down, Isaac will be well past the Central Fl. area. We did pack our ponchos into our carry-on bags so we have them on our arrival day since we are going to Epcot after our lunch at Kona Cafe :cloud9:. Hope those that still are waiting to leave have a safe trip down and hopefully I will run into you guys....it would be so cool to have a mini DIS meet :goodvibes.

DH and I got up this morning and decided that that was the time to pack EVERYTHING into our suitcases. Glad to say it is finally done, with the exception of a few little odd and end items that I will need right up until the day we leave. I am so happy because that headache is finally done and now I can clean my room and get that organized. I really don't have very much to do as far is cleaning the house goes, just a few more loads of laundry, vacuuming all of the floors, and wash the kitchen floor which I plan to do before I go to bed tomorrow night. I think I will go and see what Isaac is doing today because I was reading another thread that said something about him deciding to change his course, hopefully that is not true....DH is still not worried, he believes that when we head down, Isaac will be well past the Central Fl. area. We did pack our ponchos into our carry-on bags so we have them on our arrival day since we are going to Epcot after our lunch at Kona Cafe :cloud9:. Hope those that still are waiting to leave have a safe trip down and hopefully I will run into you guys....it would be so cool to have a mini DIS meet :goodvibes.

Finally have all of my things packed. The kids are doing their laundry now so they will be packed by tonight as well. I am pooped :sad2:

The track did change again....farther away from the west coast of Florida! It looks like Orlando will have some heavy rain from the outer bands of the storm starting tonight thru tomorrow. By Tuesday morning the weather looks like its back to a chance of thunderstorms every day which is normal for this time of year.

2 more attempts to sleep left :banana::cool1::lovestruc:dance3::goodvibes

netnurse31 said:

I feel the same way. We leave Thursday at an ungodly hour... 3:45 A.M.to head to the airport. I have everything organized but not packed yet. I'm re-thinking what to pack on a daily basis because we are doing 11 nights (7 of which will be on the Disney Fantasy) so I need dress clothes, dressy shoes etc. plus WDW casual stuff and I'm trying to not overpack (slim chance).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

netnurse31 said:
Finally have all of my things packed. The kids are doing their laundry now so they will be packed by tonight as well. I am pooped :sad2:

The track did change again....farther away from the west coast of Florida! It looks like Orlando will have some heavy rain from the outer bands of the storm starting tonight thru tomorrow. By Tuesday morning the weather looks like its back to a chance of thunderstorms every day which is normal for this time of year.

2 more attempts to sleep left :banana::cool1::lovestruc:dance3::goodvibes

Since we are driving I bet we have a lot of rain in Georgia on Tuesday. Packed and ready as can be for whatever at least I will be on vacation with part of my family and on my way to WDW :). I have really been having a hard time sleeping. I know it is getting close!!!!

The last load of laundry is in the dryer right now! Hopefully I can get most of my stuff packed tonight. If not it will have to be done tomorrow night because we are leaving for the airport pretty much right after I get home from work tuesday! I'm going insane!!!! It feels like there is so much to do still before we leave ( I think most of that is because I have to cram 5 days of work into 2 :crazy: :scared: )

Since we are driving I bet we have a lot of rain in Georgia on Tuesday. Packed and ready as can be for whatever at least I will be on vacation with part of my family and on my way to WDW :). I have really been having a hard time sleeping. I know it is getting close!!!!

I'm not sleeping either. Hence my comment about "attempts" to sleep! I used self laminating sheets to ready our LGMH's. They are attached to my bag for the parks. Tomorrow DD and I are going for our mani/pedi as we do every year before we go. :yay:

We're Back!!!

Weather was VERY hot and humid~Crowds were heavier than I thought they would be, but we FP'd when we could. Stayed at Pop for 2 nights(first time at a value) it was ok, it didnt blow us away. Then moved to POR (several visits here) LOVED the refurbed rooms! HATED where they put us-bldg #34- too far away for me-next time to be on the safe side, Im paying for preferred. All in all, pretty good trip, only had 5 days so it was more rushed than I would have liked. Im sure I'll have more thoughts, but I just got into work, so I have to re-introduce myself to my paperwork!!

TOMORROW TOMORROW, I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!!!!!!!

1 MORE SLEEP UNTIL WE ARE OFF
::dancer::jumping1:

PoohsFan1 said:

1 MORE SLEEP UNTIL WE ARE OFF ::dancer::jumping1:

YES YES YES we are to I can hardly contain myself. So I bet neither of us get sleep tonight!!

We are here! Check in Pop at 7am this morning. Room available in building 7, do we took it. I got tears when I saw the pop sign. I was so happy we made it. Our bags were delivered before we got to the room at 9am. I got some leftover groceries from a fellow August diser. DH was do surprise and touch. Thank you!!! :)

1 MORE SLEEP UNTIL WE ARE OFF
::dancer::jumping1:

Us too! :banana: I think the three of us are the last to leave. Getting a pedicure with DD as I type this. Just finished my nails. Asked for something Disney inspired and this is what I ended up with...
IMG_20120827_140140.jpg

A little over 24 more hours and we are off to the airport! I can't believe it's here already:dance3:

YES YES YES we are to I can hardly contain myself. So I bet neither of us get sleep tonight!!

:rotfl:

I know what you mean...DH wants to go to bed at 8:30pm tonight because he wants him and I to get up at 5am to make sure everything is done before the limo picks us up at 5:45am. We'll have the girls sleep until about 5:30ish or so, so that they aren't in our way. The problem I have is that I know I won't be able to fall asleep at 8:30 (I'm such a night owl as it is), but I will certainly try :goodvibes .

Us too! :banana: I think the three of us are the last to leave. Getting a pedicure with DD as I type this. Just finished my nails. Asked for something Disney inspired and this is what I ended up with...
IMG_20120827_140140.jpg

That is soooo cute....is your pedicure the same as your manicure? It's crazy how we are the only 3 to be left on this board, with the exception of a few posters returning and letting us know how their trips went, it kind of feels desolate here. Oh well in 10 hours we will be up, dressed, and waiting for the limo to arrive to pick us up :cool1:

I hope both of you have safe travels and more importantly a wonderful trip :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter