*OFFICIAL* AP Watch thread for Jan/Feb UPDATE: THERE OUT 1/1 THRU 2/11

I got Fl res rate at AKL for 122 tax included for 1/16 & 1/17 but he said they were sold out for everything but concierge on the 18th! I still have my old ressie on Deluxe pool view for $186 on the 18th but I am on hold to see if a different CM will tell me differently. Anyone else get turned down for standard AKL on 1/18?

Long hold time ~ 30 minutes, but got nice CM BeckyLyn who applied the AP rate to my reservation at POR. My rate for king bed room is $99.24 or 298 total for 3 nights. That lessens the guilt for this self-indulgent birthday splurge!

Thanks to all -- especially Magsmom, and WhispyPixie for keeping us all updated.

Pixie dust to all of you Jan and early Feb people.:wizard:

:jumping1:

Yes! I spoke to China this morning as well and modified my existing FW cabin reservation at an AP rate of $149.41/night including taxes.

All the waiting on hold finally paid off. Woo hoo!!!!

Pixie dust to all... :happy1:

Jan. 1-5? I was told it was unavailable. For some reason none of my info was in the Computer. First time that had ever happened.

I used the CTH code this morning and transferred 2 rooms at ASMo down to $55 per night.

I got thru right at 7AM this morning - - only had to wait about 2 minutes. I told the agent about the code, and she was very nice; she thought that the codes weren't active yet, but put me on hold to call her supervisor to make sure (she said she'll be getting lots of calls today about it, so she might as well check!). The code does work; she asked where I got it and I told her I got it from the web. She said the code is labeled as a "Newpaper ad code", but it has instructions to give it to anyone who asks for it.

She even verified for me that I did not need a postcard or an AP.

Very nice agent this morning.

-- M

Just told again that there are no ap or fl res rates for 1/18 at AKL. Good thing I lucked out with the computer glitch problem they were having and got deluxe pool! Good luck everyone in getting your requests! Pixie dust for all.

Michelle

Why not join DVC and get a much nicer room for a lot less than any AP rate out there? This whole thing seems like a total waste of time and money. $149 a night for WL? Crazy high price when DVC is so much more reasonable......

And what about the annual dues you pay for the disney vacation club? I still think AP rates turn out to be a better deal.

Originally posted by rngclick
doesn't the DVC require a very LARGE initial outlay?

come on over to the DVC board and find out all the details... a very large initail outlay is not necessarily the case....plus we have kitchens, laundry and room to move a round..PM me if you want to know more or visit the DVC board

just got off the phone.....only resort available for AP discount was coronado springs. I couldn't even get a discount on an existing reservation that i had. This kinda sorta really sucks...oh well

Originally posted by geffric
come on over to the DVC board and find out all the details... a very large initail outlay is not necessarily the case....plus we have kitchens, laundry and room to move a round..PM me if you want to know more or visit the DVC board

I have tried to work this out, but we usually have to make it a long weekend and with 5 in our family it is just too many points. I also like staying at different resorts. Polynesian and AKL are 2 of my favorites.:D

The CTH code was good for 1/1-2/11, just like the AP rates. I did not ask for any other rates under the code, as I just wanted to get mine through before the availability was gone. I then forgot to ask about other hotels the rate was good for.

I am staying 1/28 thru 2/3. I was quite shocked that ASMo was available under this code. Usually most of the codes exclude ASMo because of it's higher booking rate than the other AllStar resorts.

-- M

I called this morming first thing. When the CM checked all that was available was YC,BC nothing at the WL. I called back about 8.30 and checked with another Cm checked foir me anfd CSR was avaiable for my dates 1/1-1/5. She checked the computer again and the did have the AP rate for teh last 2 nights for a woodsview for 139.00. This saved me 100.00. She told to keep trying. :hyper: :hyper:

ok..I just got off with CRO...I asked for the FL res rate on my current reservation. She looked up my reservation and told me that the FL res rate is the same..119 + tax for a woods view...that is an upgrade because I had a AAA standard rate at 187.
So I am paying 50 less a night and have a better view..also a better chance to get upgraded to interior Courtyard or concierge level!!
Let us all say a special thanks to the AP fairy...for she makes us crazy, but does finally deliver the goods!!princess:

Just got off the phone with a super friendly CM who tried to apply the CTH code (which she said was effective beginning today) to my existing res at YC. It turned out it would cost 400 MORE than my Winter Dream Maker package. So I guess I already got a pretty decent deal.

:bounce: I just saved $500 above the AAA rate for the first week of January. (Boardwalk Inn). Thank you to all who kept checking.

The reservation department just put in a new computer server which accounts for many of the difficulties experienced. The CM that I dealt with said that many CMs having been so frustrated that they have been leaving work in tears.
::MickeyMo

they are out as I got one for pop century but could not get anything at all for FW as they evidently were gone by 7am ( having disappeared sometime between 10:30 last night and 7 am this morning) but i am guessing after these last few posts they just couldn't *get* them for me and since they canceled my prev. ressie I am stuck at PC which I am afraid I will HATE. ( no availability at all for Fw for the 6-19 of Jan at prefered or partial hook up ..what's up with that!) Oh grud

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter