*OFFICIAL* AP Watch thread for Jan/Feb UPDATE: THERE OUT 1/1 THRU 2/11

Well, finally....so much trouble and very frustrating....first my reservation got frozen and nothing could be applied, then it showed up cancelled....to make a long story short, got the wilderness lodge from 1/30-2/8 for a wood view at the rate of $139, apparently the standard view was not available. Saved $450 this morning.....I will probably have to use the savings to pay for the phone bill!
:sunny:

Originally posted by ga9497
It's right on the top of the first page on mousesavers.com
If you aren't seeing it you are pulling up a saved page in you cache. Just refresh your screen a couple of times.

I used the link and refreshed with no luck before, but I just tried again and got it on the first try.

I would have been out of luck had I not called at 7am.

So Thank You for this thread and the advance warning and thanks to Mousesavers for all the other things I have saved on!::yes::

30-some years ago, I remember watching "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color", when they had a special on the opening of WDW. I saw the monorail driving right through the lobby of the Contemporary, and ever since I wanted to stay there. Lots of visits, lots of meals, but never inside a room.

Well, with the passholder rates, I'm stayin' in February. Tower room and all. Rate is $251 / $279.87 before and after taxes.

It seems that discounts at the CR are usually smaller than other places. For instance, someone posted Grand Floridian Garden View at $209 / $233.04. This room goes for $339 at rack rate, so this is almost 40% off. The CR Tower goes for $335, so the passholder rate is 25% off. It's been this way in the past as well - I'm not complaining, since I got the room I wanted, but it does seem unusual. I'm sure there's a reason.

Finally. Changed my Poly reservation from garden view w/AAA discount to lagoon view w/AP and still saved around $30 per night. Don't know what I'm going to do with my free time now that I don't have to call a couple of times each day!

I called this morning to apply the AP rate to my existing ressie at the WL for 1/24 - 1/31. The CM, who was very nice, said that there wasn't anything available. I asked about a different room view and she said there wasn't anything available and asked if I would like a different resort. I decided to leave my existing ressie as is. Because of all the tips I read on here about calling back, I did. I got a great CM who said there wasn't anything available, but she would click on Discovery and look at other views. She had a Woods view available for $139 (tax included) a night. I went from $188 a night (AAA rate tax included) for a Standard room to $139 (tax included) for a Woods view room!

Thank you to everyone for your great advise. This is our first family trip to Disney! It definitely paid off to call back because I thought the first CM checked the other views, but she didn't.

The second CM said that it used to be a guarantee that if you had an existing ressie you could apply the AP rate, but now marketing has limited the number of rooms available.

Thank you everyone !!:)

Originally posted by bat4less
correct on front page... we go directly to the wdw discount page and it has been refreshed 40x this am and still no code

there is no code on any page that we can find and yes, for the rookies, we have refreshed and even gone to the site through the back door and still code is showing

I just got an email from mousesavers bout them so if yu singed up for their newsletter check your email ( 11:30 )

What a pain in the BUTT!!

CRO is running 3 different reservation programs. After an hour this is what I ended up with:

2/5-9th poly gv 199 with tax (No avail at CBR)

9th-15th AKL SAV 173 with tax

For what it's worth, here is my experience getting an AP rate reservation. The total length of time for my call was 45 minutes and the person helping me had to reboot her system once. I also was trying to get a Wilderness Lodge std. view and found no availability.

What I was able to book was Port Orleans Riverside 2/6 - 2/11 (5 nights), two rooms for a total with tax of $881. I was very happy with this rate. I may call a few more times trying to get Wilderness Lodge, but based on what others are experiencing, only the higher priced views are available at the AP rate...which is still a nice savings.

Sondra :Pinkbounc

OK, now I think I may need to call back. I'm going to WL Jan 9-14. Got an AP rate of $781 total for 5 nights, courtyard view. That works to $156.2 a night with tax, $140.09 a night before tax(which sounds weird - I think the CM may have just rounded the total).

I asked about Woods view (which is what we really wanted) & was told no availability, but everyone else is posting Woods View for the same price ($139 night before tax?) as I got the courtyard. I'm too curious now - is my math not right?

I'll keep checking and post any additional info.

Thanks,
Colette

Is the release of AP and general public codes good news for the future, or do you think I'll be out of luck for our April 24 trip?? Looking at the historical trends, the check-in period for the new codes is pretty short, ending on Feb. 11. In the past, the eligible dates for check-in have been longer, sometimes as long as 5 or 6 months. Any thoughts??? BTW, I'm so happy for all of you who got the rates you were looking for. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it??? :)

Well, I called and this was the first time CM realized the rates were out. No available Conc Lagoon Polyneisian for 1/9-16th. Oh well, he said to keep checking back for cancellations.

Christine

Called WL this morning tried to get the AP Rate applied to my existing reservation 1/11-1/14. Told the lodge was sold out due to the Marathon and no codes could be applied if the lodge was sold out. DARN!

Decided to check the disney web site. Amazingly all room types were available for that time period.

Called back and asked CM to check my dates to see if available for AP rates. Yes, all room types available. Made a new reservation under my travel companions name. Will cancel existing reservation. Actually CM could have canceled but I didn't have the reservation # so I said I would call back.

Moral of the story......Don't believe everything you are told. Try a new CM.

although it took me three calls...

First CM, Blanca - we don't give discounts to annual passholders at all - that is a park ticket and has nothing to do with the accommodation!

Second CM, Bruno - we don't have any passholder rates yet and we don't know when they will come out!

Third CM, Shareen - I'm not sure if the annual pass discounts are out yet, you're the first person I have had ask about them today, but let me check.....

We already a king room booked at CBR for 132.00 per night incl taxes for 7 nights that was $924.00.

Shareen found me the rate with the BCE code:
king room at CBR for $99.24 per night incl taxes for 7 nights that is $695.00

A savings of $229.00

Just called and was quoted $2646.46 for 4 adults for 7 nights in Poly lagoon concierge. Comes out to $378.00 per night?!? Doesn't sound like much of a discount to me. Anyone else think the same thing?

Originally posted by SondraD11
For what it's worth, here is my experience getting an AP rate reservation. The total length of time for my call was 45 minutes and the person helping me had to reboot her system once. I also was trying to get a Wilderness Lodge std. view and found no availability.

What I was able to book was Port Orleans Riverside 2/6 - 2/11 (5 nights), two rooms for a total with tax of $881. I was very happy with this rate. I may call a few more times trying to get Wilderness Lodge, but based on what others are experiencing, only the higher priced views are available at the AP rate...which is still a nice savings.

Sondra :Pinkbounc

The Wilderness Lodge AP rate I got was $139.38 for a Woods View.. 1/23-1/29/04

This price included the tax.
We will be there for 6 nights and the total is $836 with the tax included in that price. I hope that helps.

Growin'upDisney -
Poly lagoon for 1/16 - 1/20 at $255 / night including tax with the AP rate this morning. The rate is high especially for the AP rate. They also probably nicked you for the additional 2 adults which I think is around $25/night/extra adult.

Thanks EdDome - that's probably where the added $$ comes from. I have the Winter Dream Maker Package right now and think I will just stick with that.

I called and I'm confirmed with the AP rate I received yesterday and my POR reesie has been cancelled!!!!! YAAAAYYYYYY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter