• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Animal Kingdom Villas Photo Thread

Jambo House:
g9no.jpg

Kidani from Jambo:
1lnl.jpg

We stayed here in May 2010 and LOVED this resort! Absolutely amazing and would stay there again in a heartbeat if I wasn't on a quest to stay at every resort!

Welcome to Kidani!
Disney%2520Day%25201%2520025.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520026.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520027.JPG

We were in standard view studio 7509. I had requested highest floor close to the lobby and both requests were met.
Disney%2520Day%25201%2520028.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520037.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520038.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520041.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520042.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520043.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520044.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520045.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520034.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520035.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520036.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520030.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520066.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520068.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520031.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520032.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520033.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520067.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25203%2520039.JPG

Animals from hallway viewing area
Disney%2520Day%25201%2520046.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520047.JPG

Disney%2520Day%25201%2520048.JPG

Fantastic photos!! :cheer2:
I rented points for a 1BR standard in Kidani for January and when I did online checkin they offered savanna view, pembe view, higher floor, etc.
Is there any way they might upgrade us to sunset savanna? And if so what floor would we want to be on to have the best view of the animals?
Either way, by looking at those fabulous photos I can tell we will have plenty of opportunity to see the animals even if we have a standard view.
Soooooo excited!!:cloud9:

Fantastic photos!! :cheer2:
I rented points for a 1BR standard in Kidani for January and when I did online checkin they offered savanna view, pembe view, higher floor, etc.
Is there any way they might upgrade us to sunset savanna? And if so what floor would we want to be on to have the best view of the animals?
Either way, by looking at those fabulous photos I can tell we will have plenty of opportunity to see the animals even if we have a standard view.
Soooooo excited!!:cloud9:

Please be careful with that upgrade. Are they taking more points out of the DVC owners account for the upgrade? I would contact the owner to be sure.

Please be careful with that upgrade. Are they taking more points out of the DVC owners account for the upgrade? I would contact the owner to be sure.

Are you saying that if they give me an upgrade that they are going to charge for it? I certainly wouldn't want the owner to be charged extra points so I will check on that. I have been to several hotels/resorts who, upon checkin, have upgraded us at no additional cost. I was thinking (hoping/praying) that it might happen at AKV. Especially in January when attendance is lower.

Are you saying that if they give me an upgrade that they are going to charge for it? I certainly wouldn't want the owner to be charged extra points so I will check on that. I have been to several hotels/resorts who, upon checkin, have upgraded us at no additional cost. I was thinking (hoping/praying) that it might happen at AKV. Especially in January when attendance is lower.

I have heard of people being charged, I think you have to be very clear.

True story that happened to me.

On a trip to Miami, we had rented a mid range car, we weren't cheaping out in any way, but weren't going to spend a fortune either. Anyway at the counter the agent is signing us in and taking all our info etc etc making sure the car is ready. So, as he is doing this he says, "Hey man, let me hook you up. I am going to put you guys in a sweet ride" ... I am thinking, awesome, he is going to "hook us up" meaning, free upgrade. I say, "Thanks man I would really appreciate that". he says, "No worries, I got you, lemme hook this up one sec." Does his thing yadda yadda, puts us in an infinity g37s. I say "thanks" he says "No problem, I told you I could hook you up." He never said anything about additional cost, nothing, didn't give us a price, so I just assumed that when someone says they are "hooking you up" and don't tell you its going to cost you more, or ask if the cost is ok, its free.

Yea, so as we walk away and I look at the bill and the rental is going to be an EXTRA $600 (we already paid a good deal) I turn around and march right back to the counter, "I thought you said you were 'Hooking me up'" he says, "I did" I said, "its going to be $600, you didn't ask me if that was ok. Where I come from when you tell someone at a service desk you are going to 'hook them up' and don't tell them its going to cost more, its because you are actually hooking them up, for free."

He apologized and we left in a Nissan :P

Fantastic photos!! :cheer2: I rented points for a 1BR standard in Kidani for January and when I did online checkin they offered savanna view, pembe view, higher floor, etc. Is there any way they might upgrade us to sunset savanna? And if so what floor would we want to be on to have the best view of the animals? Either way, by looking at those fabulous photos I can tell we will have plenty of opportunity to see the animals even if we have a standard view. Soooooo excited!!:cloud9:

Yes, I think it's odd that you booked a standard view and they are even giving you that option for choices. I would just go with high floor, close to lobby/transportation. If you get magically upgraded (happened to me at Old Key West once when I rented points), that's great. If not, like you said there are plenty of other places to watch the animals from.

My understanding of DVC (not an owner but have rented many times) there are no free upgrades unless they are short on room type at check in. They can offer an upgrade but the difference in points would be charged. I have heard of renters not liking a room assignment and requesting a different room at check in and the owner being charged the points for the difference in room type. I would just check with the owner you are renting from.

Thanks for all of your advice and input on this! I will be very careful about checking about points. I would never want the owners to be charged extra points.
I am now wondering why they gave me those choices as well - my ressie on MDE says "standard view" Kidani 1 BR. Well, now, I am losing my excitement a little. :sad1:
I just assumed an upgrade was given, not charged, especially after reading so many others posts. I will be very content to have my standard room as specified. Just dreaming a little...:goodvibes

My understanding of DVC (not an owner but have rented many times) there are no free upgrades unless they are short on room type at check in. They can offer an upgrade but the difference in points would be charged. I have heard of renters not liking a room assignment and requesting a different room at check in and the owner being charged the points for the difference in room type. I would just check with the owner you are renting from.

To my knowledge, the owner was not charged the difference in my case. I was booked in a studio but the CM at check in was a former college program kid himself and was very excited to hear that I would be starting the program the next day. I was upgraded to one bedroom and I'm fairly certain the adjoining studio was empty so they could have put me there. I believe he was just being super nice- and it was only for one night.

A few years ago when I rented points for Kidani, the owner actually offered to upgrade me from standard to savannah view at no cost to me, jus using his own points, because he said I seemed like a nice person and he wanted to do a good deed. We ended up not being able to take advantage of the offer but it still makes me smile when I think of that kindness!

To my knowledge, the owner was not charged the difference in my case. I was booked in a studio but the CM at check in was a former college program kid himself and was very excited to hear that I would be starting the program the next day. I was upgraded to one bedroom and I'm fairly certain the adjoining studio was empty so they could have put me there. I believe he was just being super nice- and it was only for one night.

A few years ago when I rented points for Kidani, the owner actually offered to upgrade me from standard to savannah view at no cost to me, jus using his own points, because he said I seemed like a nice person and he wanted to do a good deed. We ended up not being able to take advantage of the offer but it still makes me smile when I think of that kindness!

Either way, I am happy!:goodvibes
That's why I really loved your photos! It appeared that you had a standard view and it was nice to see photos of your view and all the other places to see the animals. I am also really excited about having a full kitchen and two bathrooms!! We will need both with three grown teenagers!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter