Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

From prior years experiences, anytime there has been a DVC discount on an annual pass or separate event ticket with AP or DVC discounts we have HAD to go to "will call" to activate the tickets. Just before covid we purchased DVC discounted APs and since they were purchased in my MDE account I assumed they were able to be used. Nope. Refused at the tapstyles and directed to head over to Guest Services to activate the passes first. I not only had to show photo IDs for adults, but also our DVC card to verify we qualified. Yep, even though they were purchased in MDE and the DVC AP doesn't even show up to non DVC folks.

I feel like they stopped staffing the will call kiosk out in front of MK a couple years ago. It's all lumped in with Guest Services now. I feel like it's worth stopping by a Guest Services location sometime prior to our party date to make sure the tickets are active......rather than standing in a long line the afternoon/evening of our party.

They could have changed procedures, but if they are telling people that are getting an affinity group discount that the tickets are will call then I expect they will be will call.
[/QUOTE
Right it feels very 1980s to go through all of that. Totally agree about MK. You don’t want to be in the will call (guest services) line before a party.

I didn’t get a DVC discount (10/5) but had to buy through member services. If I even have to spend 10 minutes in line at a will call I’m going to be miffed. Just ups it or let me link it!

The candy that I got at 2019 MNSSHP:
Starburst (originals, duos, FaveReds, & mini originals)
Lifesavers Gummies Big Ring
Skittles (sour, wild berry, & original)
M&Ms (milk chocolate, hazelnut spread, peanut butter, caramel, & peanut)
Twix (regular and white)
Dove milk chocolate
Snickers (PB, PB full size, bite size, fun size, Crisper)
Milky Way
3 Musketeers (regular and birthday cake)
Also GoGo Squeeze Applesauce

With 2021 belt tightening, it’ll be…
  • Blor̈ch
  • Count Discount
  • Gelatin Product
  • Gummy Chairs
  • Homework: The Candy
  • Mr. Adequate-Bar
  • Sand Pop!
Credit: Gravity Falls, I tried to add a pic, but couldn't.

Last edited:

This candy talk has me excited again. The only Halloween party I have attended was in Oct. 2009 during record high temps. Since it was so hot they gave out boxes of raisins instead of chocolate due to melting. It was a real letdown! I assumed the regular candy wasn't that great either if they subbed raisins!

From prior years experiences, anytime there has been a DVC discount on an annual pass or separate event ticket with AP or DVC discounts we have HAD to go to "will call" to activate the tickets. Just before covid we purchased DVC discounted APs and since they were purchased in my MDE account I assumed they were able to be used. Nope. Refused at the tapstyles and directed to head over to Guest Services to activate the passes first. I not only had to show photo IDs for adults, but also our DVC card to verify we qualified. Yep, even though they were purchased in MDE and the DVC AP doesn't even show up to non DVC folks.

I feel like they stopped staffing the will call kiosk out in front of MK a couple years ago. It's all lumped in with Guest Services now. I feel like it's worth stopping by a Guest Services location sometime prior to our party date to make sure the tickets are active......rather than standing in a long line the afternoon/evening of our party.

They could have changed procedures, but if they are telling people that are getting an affinity group discount that the tickets are will call then I expect they will be will call.

Part of the process has been to get the hard ticket though. Mine was purchased with my AP discount and arrives via UPS today! Since I’ll have the ticket and it is linked, I can’t imagine it also needs to be activated.

Still could not get through yesterday. Are any dates sold out? Sorry if this has been asked before...

Still could not get through yesterday. Are any dates sold out? Sorry if this has been asked before...

This is a totally reasonable question! The owner of the first post on this thread has a sold out section, and they've updated that only 10/31 is *maybe* sold out. We think they might load more tickets when it opens to everyone next week. Good luck today!!

Got our tickets yesterday for 10/22. Spoke to a very nice cast member. She asked me if we use magic bands when we stay at Disney because she said she would give me the confirmation number and I could link the tickets to the bands we will use for the trip. After the call, I went on the WDW site and was able to link the tickets right to the reservation. I did see on the confirmation email a will call charge for zero dollars. I am assuming we should be fine with just our bands. If not, we will be at MK early enough to go to will call to pick them up. Cannot wait to go. So excited!

I see the "Will Call" line on my email confirmation, as well, with $0 next to it. My thought is that they put this there as an option for anyone who may only be going to this event; I imagine there (theoretically) could be someone who is only attending this event, with no other ticket media (never been to a regular park day, no resort, stay, etc.). They would need some sort of ticket media to be able to enter the park for the event, which they can get at Will Call.

In the past (Dec 2018), I purchased after hour tickets for my group using my DVC discount. I purchased the tickets over the phone, and linked them to my group's MDE accounts through the website. We did not need to visit Will Call, etc. I expect this event to be the same situation.

Update on getting tickets: called this morning around 8am EST to the Boo Bash #407-939-4240 and selected the Option for AP. Waited on hold for 45 minutes and then was able to purchase my two tickets for Friday, September 10th. They are will call but I used my confirmation # to link to the MDE and they are there in the app now and ready to go.
Good luck to everyone still trying to get theirs.

Ours are Will Call... We have no discount, so why do we have to pick them up at Will Call?

I am tempted to call to have them shipped instead.
This is me too. The CM didn't give me an option of shipping. Just told me that I will have to pick them up at will call.

We don't use magic bands. (We always stay at the Swan, and have never gotten them. We use the old school plastic tickets.) I added the Boo Bash tickets successfully in MDE. We will be at MK the day of our event anyway. But I would rather not have to deal with will call. And I would feel more comfortable with tickets in hand. Maybe I should call and ask to have them shipped. But I wonder whether that is something they can do, once the purchase was set for will call.

I was told I'd getting tickets in the mail. I subsequently asked about AP discount. She applied AP discount after verifying I have AP in MDE.
No indication tickets were sent. Email doesn't list a delivery method. I was able to link the tickets on MDE on the web.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter