• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Darn I’d much rather have gotten tickets for Sunday 9/12 than Friday 9/10...I know I can change date after June 15 but OMG it’s not worth spending another day on the phone🙁 however it’s good to hear that they are not just increasing capacity on current days.
I wonder if that’s something you’d be able to do online after online sales start.

I also wonder how much of the ticket reserve is due to the current capacity. Meaning that as full capacity increases so too would the proportion for limited-capacity events. Sold-out at current capacity limits, may not mean sold out forever.

I don’t think this logic translates for AHs events. They are already well below capacity. Just making up numbers here, but let’s say MK is at 60% capacity or 60,000 guests. After Hours caps at 6,000. Why would Disney further limit it to 60% of that?? I don’t think they would because they are already so far below their stated capacity limits.

And if we see sold out dates start to become available again, I don’t think that looks very good for Disney. This event is specifically sold as limited availability. They have so far never increased capacity after selling out a date. I also think if they were going to have spots set aside for the general public release, they would have listed 2 buckets, like they do with park reservations. As far as we know, sold out means sold out.

I asked this earlier, and searched to see if anyone responded, and read post 1, but does anyone know if the AP discount can be used on multiple tickets, or just on my ticket, the AP holder. Thanks!

You have always been able to purchase extra tickets with the AP discount for all parties & AH events. I’m not sure how exactly how many but I think it’s at least 6 total.

Darn I’d much rather have gotten tickets for Sunday 9/12 than Friday 9/10...I know I can change date after June 15 but OMG it’s not worth spending another day on the phone🙁 however it’s good to hear that they are not just increasing capacity on current days.
That’s exactly what I said to my husband. I’m so glad that this is the way they are going about meeting the higher than expected demand.

Do you guys think all this interest for what Disney is actually providing is going to kill off the standard not so scary Halloween party for this???

From prior years experiences, anytime there has been a DVC discount on an annual pass or separate event ticket with AP or DVC discounts we have HAD to go to "will call" to activate the tickets. Just before covid we purchased DVC discounted APs and since they were purchased in my MDE account I assumed they were able to be used. Nope. Refused at the tapstyles and directed to head over to Guest Services to activate the passes first. I not only had to show photo IDs for adults, but also our DVC card to verify we qualified. Yep, even though they were purchased in MDE and the DVC AP doesn't even show up to non DVC folks.

I feel like they stopped staffing the will call kiosk out in front of MK a couple years ago. It's all lumped in with Guest Services now. I feel like it's worth stopping by a Guest Services location sometime prior to our party date to make sure the tickets are active......rather than standing in a long line the afternoon/evening of our party.

They could have changed procedures, but if they are telling people that are getting an affinity group discount that the tickets are will call then I expect they will be will call.

Odd, cause this wasn’t my experience at all when I bought a Villains After Hours ticket with my AP discount a couple of years ago. I don’t remember if I got a hard ticket in the mail but all I had to do was scan my magic band and I got in to the event.

It’s a moot point for me this year though since we’re going in October and no discounts to be had.

Got through, waited on hold forever, and then got disconnected. Again (this was prob the 6th or 7th time). Went to the kids and gave them a choice: light saber assembly or Boo Bash. They chose light sabers. Thank goodness. Enough.

Called at 7AM, on hold 10 minutes, purchased tickets for Oct 5. Was told the following:
1. Tickets are non-refundable, but if I can't use them for some reason, the $ can be applied to something else. (??? I did not know that. Does that sound right???)
2. If my dates change, I can change the the date of the tickets to another date.

I was glad to hear of the above, as my 50th Anniv trip was planned for Oct 1-5. Going with teen daughter to visit my older daughter who is a CM. (Dad gladly skipping this trip and staying home.) Of course best laid plans.... the teen now has the dreaded high school conflicts (sports and school play) and can't go at that time. Why, oh why, did the school have to do their school play over Oct 1 weekend? Don't they know that's Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary??? Ha ha. Teen is fine staying home with dad and leaving me to visit my CM daughter by myself. But now... as of yesterday... Boo Bash is going to be offered on Oct 10, over Columbus Day Weekend (which the teen could probably do, assuming school doesn't schedule any events over that weekend). What to do? What to do? Ugh.

Called at 7AM, on hold 10 minutes, purchased tickets for Oct 5. Was told the following:
1. Tickets are non-refundable, but if I can't use them for some reason, the $ can be applied to something else. (??? I did not know that. Does that sound right???)
2. If my dates change, I can change the the date of the tickets to another date.

I was glad to hear of the above, as my 50th Anniv trip was planned for Oct 1-5. Going with teen daughter to visit my older daughter who is a CM. (Dad gladly skipping this trip and staying home.) Of course best laid plans.... the teen now has the dreaded high school conflicts (sports and school play) and can't go at that time. Why, oh why, did the school have to do their school play over Oct 1 weekend? Don't they know that's Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary??? Ha ha. Teen is fine staying home with dad and leaving me to visit my CM daughter by myself. But now... as of yesterday... Boo Bash is going to be offered on Oct 10, over Columbus Day Weekend (which the teen could probably do, assuming school doesn't schedule any events over that weekend). What to do? What to do? Ugh.
Go twice? :-)

Go twice? :-)
This literally made me laugh out loud. If I did, my husband would probably have me locked up. My teen and I have already been on short trips twice this year - once during Spring Break, and a second time to help my older daughter move in. (She'd previously been Disney College Program, was let go when Covid happened, then was given the chance to go back to the DCP and ended up taking a permanent CM job at Oga's Cantina at DHS.) CM daughter and I have been super excited about the 50th. Teen really likes Disney but has said she's okay with missing the 50th Anniv/Boo Bash trip. Still... now that BB is being offered over Columbus Day, I have to wonder....

You have always been able to purchase extra tickets with the AP discount for all parties & AH events. I’m not sure how exactly how many but I think it’s at least 6 total.

Thank you! I’ve only ever done after hours alone, and the Christmas Party we went to was blacked out, so just making sure so I can budget.

This literally made me laugh out loud. If I did, my husband would probably have me locked up. My teen and I have already been on short trips twice this year - once during Spring Break, and a second time to help my older daughter move in. (She'd previously been Disney College Program, was let go when Covid happened, then was given the chance to go back to the DCP and ended up taking a permanent CM job at Oga's Cantina at DHS.) CM daughter and I have been super excited about the 50th. Teen really likes Disney but has said she's okay with missing the 50th Anniv/Boo Bash trip. Still... now that BB is being offered over Columbus Day, I have to wonder....
One February I took a long weekend trip with my kids without DH, and then was home for only 2 days before I went back solo for Princess weekend. Two trips is completely reasonable at my house! There’s a direct flight from a nearby airport though, so not too complicated.

I called this morning at 8am Florida time and was told a 77 minute wait....I'd say it was an accurate time check.
Got 7 tickets for Oct 5th!

Edited to add, used the will call confirmation code they gave us and like others, it is linked to all of us in MDE now :)

Last edited:
From prior years experiences, anytime there has been a DVC discount on an annual pass or separate event ticket with AP or DVC discounts we have HAD to go to "will call" to activate the tickets. Just before covid we purchased DVC discounted APs and since they were purchased in my MDE account I assumed they were able to be used. Nope. Refused at the tapstyles and directed to head over to Guest Services to activate the passes first. I not only had to show photo IDs for adults, but also our DVC card to verify we qualified. Yep, even though they were purchased in MDE and the DVC AP doesn't even show up to non DVC folks.

I feel like they stopped staffing the will call kiosk out in front of MK a couple years ago. It's all lumped in with Guest Services now. I feel like it's worth stopping by a Guest Services location sometime prior to our party date to make sure the tickets are active......rather than standing in a long line the afternoon/evening of our party.

They could have changed procedures, but if they are telling people that are getting an affinity group discount that the tickets are will call then I expect they will be will call.

I plan to pick mine up at a different park before the day of the event. MK seems to have the worst ticket booth experience as far as crowds/lines go. The cast members are always sweet but just super busy.

Called today and the new dates will be available at 7 am on Tuesday both online and on phone. Which one do you guys think I should try first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter