"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

If they let Party Ticket holders in at 3:35-4:00pm, what time do people start lining up? I'd like to be closer to the front of the line then the back?

For anyone who knows about my military level character meeting plans from the past... This may come as a shock.

I am not sure if I even want to meet that many characters this year. This will be our only mk/Disney day of the trip. We want to see country bears and carousel of progress so I don't think we'll be lining up early for anyone.

And we've already met all the characters many times before.

It's odd not to have a list of about twenty characters to meet but here I am.
I’m the same way this year. We usually do 2 parties, partially to spread out our meets, but definitely wouldn’t need to this year, so almost glad only 1 party falls during our trip. We’ve never met Abu or Genie, so I think the Aladdin characters will be our primary goal, but beyond that....??? I’m not sure how to plan without cramming a bunch of characters in! LOL!

If they let Party Ticket holders in at 3:35-4:00pm, what time do people start lining up? I'd like to be closer to the front of the line then the back?
I believe the earliest people have been allowed to enter in recent years is 3:45, usually its closer to 4. We arrive around 3:30 every year and are usually a dozen or so back. The line moves very quickly once they start scanning bands. It is a hot wait in the blazing sun (in a costume!), so not sure I’d want to arrive much earlier!

I’m the same way this year. We usually do 2 parties, partially to spread out our meets, but definitely wouldn’t need to this year, so almost glad only 1 party falls during our trip. We’ve never met Abu or Genie, so I think the Aladdin characters will be our primary goal, but beyond that....??? I’m not sure how to plan without cramming a bunch of characters in! LOL!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Makes me feel a bit better. I'm sure we'll end up meeting a few, but I'm just not really feeling it this year.

We have dvc friends who might be getting us into the DHS dvc party in early October, so I think that would let us meet some pretty cool characters.

They only have one extra ticket for us so are asking their dvc friends if they have an extra. So keep your fingers crossed for us :) Brian said I could without him but I'd feel bad.

I know the pins and magic band are probably likely to sell out before I get there on 10/31 but does anyone know if the event shirts and ears are usually still around?
Last year at the outlet mall we found CURRENT halloween parks gear like 40%+ off...then went to the parks and saw the same things full price! This was in the 20s of October. However, the party shirts were gone (regular and AP) from everywhere at the party, so that was a bummer (it was my first few days being an AP so I was all about paying more money, obviously. :rolleyes1 )

So the Tortuga Tavern has a light up skull mug on the menu during regular hours. It's normally open from 11 to 8pm. Any ideas on if it will shorten those hours on party days? Google shows it as being open until 4pm today but I don't know if I can trust them in this case. I ask because we won't be in the MK any other days, and the light up skull mug looks pretty neat... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/06/02/found-the-dole-whip-skull-mug-in-magic-kingdom/

The tiki room has been a candy trail in the past. Does the map still list it as so? I don't have a picture of the map in front of me.
I don’t think when I quote it will show the pic that @Disneylover99 posted yesterday so I saved and attached it. If you look in Adventureland there is a mickeyhead next to where jack sparrow meets at the Tiki Room and a trick or treat emblem (the mickey pumpkin) in the area where I believe Moana met last year.
Edited-just looked at the map again-looks like the trick or treat is down below in the jungle cruise area and some tiny emblem I can’t make out where Moana previously was.
020D095A-0B02-4108-ABA1-954E3FFE7261.jpeg

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Makes me feel a bit better. I'm sure we'll end up meeting a few, but I'm just not really feeling it this year.

We have dvc friends who might be getting us into the DHS dvc party in early October, so I think that would let us meet some pretty cool characters.

They only have one extra ticket for us so are asking their dvc friends if they have an extra. So keep your fingers crossed for us :) Brian said I could without him but I'd feel bad.
Those haven't been released yet, so so far nobody has tickets I believe. I think they are released in a few weeks.

Those haven't been released yet, so so far nobody has tickets I believe. I think they are released in a few weeks.

Yeah. It's just our friends (who will be staying dvc during the event) have so many guests they can bring and only have one free ticket.

I am operating on the assumption they'll be able to get tickets at all, but I think they'll be on the moment they are available so pretty sure they'll get them.

The other garden (Plaza Garden West) should normally be open for anyone, unless being used for a private function of some sort (which is rare but there have been isolated reports in the past). A small portion of that garden is currently being used for viewing related to the paid, Trial Extra FP/CL program, but 1) I don’t believe viewing was offered for MNSSHP nights and 2) the viewing portion of that trial program ends 9/15.

But let’s not talk any more about the Plaza Garden West - that’s my secret spot!

:-)
Yup! Your secret is safe with me! :rolleyes1

My secret is that I like to stand directly behind one of the little topiaries. They aren't very tall but they guarantee that nobody tall will stand directly in front of my daughter and she will be able to see the projections on the castle. This doesn't make as much difference with Hallowishes but is a great tip for HEA!

I believe the earliest people have been allowed to enter in recent years is 3:45, usually its closer to 4. We arrive around 3:30 every year and are usually a dozen or so back. The line moves very quickly once they start scanning bands. It is a hot wait in the blazing sun (in a costume!), so not sure I’d want to arrive much earlier!
When you say arrive at 3:30, do you mean arriving at security at 3:30 or lined up at 3:30? I'm a mess about what time to have a late lunch and how much travel time to allow.

I LOVE the Hocus Pocus merch! Do those things get continually restocked throughout the party season? And the only truly limited item is the magic band?

Yeah. It's just our friends (who will be staying dvc during the event) have so many guests they can bring and only have one free ticket.

I am operating on the assumption they'll be able to get tickets at all, but I think they'll be on the moment they are available so pretty sure they'll get them.
I think they will have good odds, since you have to have a reservation to get first crack at it and if you cancel your reservation you lose the tickets too...

I am so excited to hear first hand reports from tonight's party! Almost as excited as I am to go to our first party on 8/28!

Funny aside - I got a call from WDW today and she said he needed to talk to me about my parade viewing with my Sept 2nd dessert party. And I'm like, the party I have booked on Sept 2nd is the HEA version and nothing to do with my MNSSHP dessert party booking on Aug 31st. Turns out the first thing she saw when she looked me up was my Sept 2nd booking and she had an email to call me about the parade viewing and she got confused! And then I got confused and then we laughed. Anyway, she didn't have any new information on the parade viewing for me, just reiterated that I could choose to do the viewing before or after the desserts. I feel like this whole parade thing is one never ending saga!

Reporting in from Tortuga Tavern at 11:57 am on day of first party. @RayS had a question about s light up skull mug.

I asked two different cast members but they were clueless. Is there a special halloween item sold only here? They had no idea.

No Halloween item for sale right now.

Are the open during the party? Yes.

Will they close and then reopen? Probably.

What times? Probably closing at 6:00 and probably reopening at 7:00.

Sorry I didn’t get better info.

Reporting in from Tortuga Tavern at 11:57 am on day of first party. @RayS had a question about s light up skull mug.

I asked two different cast members but they were clueless. Is there a special halloween item sold only here? They had no idea.

No Halloween item for sale right now.

Are the open during the party? Yes.

Will they close and then reopen? Probably.

What times? Probably closing at 6:00 and probably reopening at 7:00.

Sorry I didn’t get better info.

Sounds like typical CM on the ground information.. "probably", "maybe", "don't know".... :rotfl:

Keep up in the good investigation work though - I'm glued to updates today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter