"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Dh caved. I ordered my magic band off eBay today. I hate that I’m supporting the seller but at the same time I’m 99% sure I won’t have a chance on 10/23. I’ll have the band by next week.

Yeah, ours is 10/26, so I might have to go down the same ugly route. At least there’s an eBay coupon to take some of the pain off the markup for the next few days.

Dh caved. I ordered my magic band off eBay today. I hate that I’m supporting the seller but at the same time I’m 99% sure I won’t have a chance on 10/23. I’ll have the band by next week.

I did the same. We'll do MNSSHP on our last night. What's the fun in buying it there if the special features don't work? I've only ever bought one special MB (of Main Street Electrical Parade). Now, DS is getting both Toy Story Land and MNSSHP for a three-day trip. Ha!

Reporting in from Tortuga Tavern at 11:57 am on day of first party. @RayS had a question about s light up skull mug.

I asked two different cast members but they were clueless. Is there a special halloween item sold only here? They had no idea.

No Halloween item for sale right now.

Are the open during the party? Yes.

Will they close and then reopen? Probably.

What times? Probably closing at 6:00 and probably reopening at 7:00.

Sorry I didn’t get better info.

Just knowing that they're going to reopen changes my whole plan, so thank you so much for reporting in! You're the best! :)

I just meant it hadn't changed since they last called me and the instructions are to sigh in at the terrace as early as 4:30 to get your credentials and at that point you will get the specifics of the dessert viewing. You will have the choice to do the viewing at either the 1st or 2nd parade. If you do the 1st parade, then you will sacrifice dessert party time because that is not changing, it is still 9:15 with fireworks at 10:15. As far as I'm concerned, the 1st parade viewing is not really a viable and acceptable option so my plan is to do the 2nd parade or none at all. Unless of course the reports come back that they are somehow doing it so the dessert is extending past the fireworks somehow.

Back when I was called it was still first parade! It's unclear to me why they can't just include the parade as originally stated for everyone. I hope the reviews tonight are better than this seems right now.

I really have my eye on the Orange Bird pin and the Chip and Dale pin for my mom (they're her faves). My party date is 9/25 so I think I'll hold out until then and if they're still available, great. If not, I'll check out ebay and decide if it's worth whatever they're charging.

So I've only had MBs that came as a result from booking a resort stay. I've never purchased one. If I were to find one on our party night how would i activate it? And they are supposed to elicit different colors when using Fast Passes? Of course, my party night is a Monday and we leave on Wednesday so I don't know how much use I'd get out of it. Do the Christmas ones work the same? Now that I would definitely do because we have a trip for this year and also for December 2019......

I can answer the first question. I purchased a MB and it let me enter the (I’ll call it) serial number in my MDE account and then check the activate beside it. I was able to use it for everything. When I not using a MB I always deactivate them in my account only because my CC is tied to my bands and I wouldn’t want to give someone spending privileges if I misplaced it. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I think second party is the way to go

I hope so because that's the one I'M going to!!! LOL!!!!

Do you think it sold out because of all the bloggers and other media people who will be there tonight? I went on the first night last year and, even if it was sold out, it didn't feel crowded to me!

I can answer the first question. I purchased a MB and it let me enter the (I’ll call it) serial number in my MDE account and then check the activate beside it. I was able to use it for everything. When I not using a MB I always deactivate them in my account only because my CC is tied to my bands and I wouldn’t want to give someone spending privileges if I misplaced it. Hope this helps.
I'm sure you know this but just in case - your MB is no good to anyone for charging privileges unless they also have your 4 digit pin.

Wow, the party is sold out? Yikes seems pretty early in the season for that...obviously there's a market lol. Can't wait to hear of first hand reports tomorrow!

I think the first one usually gets sold out because all of the bloggers/vloggers want to get the first look for their social media followers.

Was tempted to buy the magic band off eBay but with shipping and import duty was going to be over £50 and just couldn’t justify spending that sort of money on something I’d only use probably once (not planning on returning to Disney World for a few years at least). Did get a little Kipling bag with the coupon though and saved £6 or so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter