"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder Mountain now listed as open during party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I am so happy that the power of the consumer is not dead at Disney. Lately I have had a lot of experiences with large companies not seeming to care about their customers and a blasé attitude when it comes to things that customers dont like but save the company money or increase profits. Corporate greed did exactly die today but I got a reminder that customers can still be listened to when we arent afraid to speak up and close our fists tightly on our cash.

I called and talked to a CM they said it was a website error and they were always going to have 7dmt and BTM open for it

I called and talked to a CM they said it was a website error and they were always going to have 7dmt and BTM open for it

And CMs are NOTORIOUS for giving out wrong information or making it up as they go along!

We'll never know if it was indeed an error/oversight, if they tried to sneak it by and see what the reaction was, or if they really did change it in response to consumer feedback. Anyone's guess is as good as another's!

But the end result is the same--both rides are open and we're happy!!!

Why isn't Jungle Cruise open during the party?!?! My costume is literally going to be a Jungle Skipper disneybound and now I won't even get to ride my ride? Lol

Would ordering a physical ticket be wise to make sure a day on my regular ticket isn't used?

Would ordering a physical ticket be wise to make sure a day on my regular ticket isn't used?

They have specific tapstyles to use just for the party so I don't believe that's a risk. Just be sure you follow the signs, it'll be pointed out. You could always check with the CM just to be sure. That being said, I like having the card just as a keepsake. They probably won't look special for the party but it's a nice memento if you keep those sorts of things.

They have specific tapstyles to use just for the party so I don't believe that's a risk. Just be sure you follow the signs, it'll be pointed out. You could always check with the CM just to be sure. That being said, I like having the card just as a keepsake. They probably won't look special for the party but it's a nice memento if you keep those sorts of things.
From what people have posted here, it's just a normal ticket. Which sucks.

From what people have posted here, it's just a normal ticket. Which sucks.

Mine were a plain green card, it's a missed branding opportunity for sure. Think of all the free social media advertisement if they put photos on the front of the haunted mansion looking all spooky or the fab 5 in costume. Oh well.

Mine were a plain green card, it's a missed branding opportunity for sure. Think of all the free social media advertisement if they put photos on the front of the haunted mansion looking all spooky or the fab 5 in costume. Oh well.

Disney gets TONS of media advertisement out there with or without green party cards and cost wise its probably easier for them to order the basic ones so whether it be MNSSHP or MVMCP its all the same.

Disney gets TONS of media advertisement out there with or without green party cards and cost wise its probably easier for them to order the basic ones so whether it be MNSSHP or MVMCP its all the same.

Ehh I dunno, I'm running off topic here, but I believe there's always a great return when considering social media, that's why I call it a missed opportunity. People love to share things they get or buy on social media, it's a no brainer. It encourages friends and other followers to consider the item or product. People share pictures of their booklets and magicbands and I wonder if that has a slight impact on people considering taking a disney vacation. Also, they'd probably only see minimal difference in profit margin considering how many of those tickets they sell. They wouldn't even have to label them with a year or logo, just use some stock photos that are already in the Memory Maker stuff. Have a ton printed up, not everyone will know or care to get them sent so they could do a limited run if they wanted to. I think having the attractions and stuff was a good step in the right direction, I just think it is even smarter to make these cards more special.

Will the fireworks at MNSSHP be Hallowishes? Or will they have a new Halloween themed version of Happily Ever After? Primarily interested to know so we can work our week's schedule - trying to decide if we need another nighttime visit to see the new show or if a Halloween version of it will be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter