******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you able to swim this tine of year? We are hoping to hit the water parks still and swimming at the resort is a must for my kids
We thought the pool was too cold...we went in once or twice for a quick dip. But there were lots of other people in the pool. We like our water pretty warm in order to stay in. We liked the hot tub the best.

Unfortunately we really need two rooms. My kids are 19, 17, and 13 so I was afraid all of us in one room would result in WW III. It really throws everything off reservation wise. I considered the Art of Animation suites but it was basically the same price to book two standards at CBR. I'm desperate for the free dining though so I'll switch to get it if I have to but would like the gift cards too.
My daughter has the same issue and they have to book two rooms, so free dining is a big $ break for them.

I got a rumor from another site stating: FD may be announced this week, much earlier than years past. They did not reveal their sources!
This week would be great because it is March break here and my schedule is more flexible. We are also supposed to get a snow storm tonight so I think the next couple of days might be stay at home movie days. That would be the perfect time for a waiting up at night for FD.:teeth:

This week would be great because it is March break here and my schedule is more flexible. We are also supposed to get a snow storm tonight so I think the next couple of days might be stay at home movie days. That would be the perfect time for a waiting up at night for FD.:teeth:
Yup...waiting for the snow myself. And yes, it would be a perfect week to be on standby with Disney!

For some reason I don't think we will see the usual trend with FD this year. I think it will be announced earlier and include more dates than the BB. I have been checking different dates in November like I did last year and there is a lot more availability at this time then there was last year. I think with more dates being excluded from BB this opened up more possible dates to bring in new customers with a FD offer. I think more people are waiting until the new lands open up before they go back to WDW. International travel is down and I know with our Canadian exchange rate they gave us the discounted ticket deal, which I don't think they would do if they didn't need more bookings. This is just my opinion, I could be wrong!:scratchin

For some reason I don't think we will see the usual trend with FD this year. I think it will be announced earlier and include more dates than the BB. I have been checking different dates in November like I did last year and there is a lot more availability at this time then there was last year. I think with more dates being excluded from BB this opened up more possible dates to bring in new customers with a FD offer. I think more people are waiting until the new lands open up before they go back to WDW. International travel is down and I know with our Canadian exchange rate they gave us the discounted ticket deal, which I don't think they would do if they didn't need more bookings. This is just my opinion, I could be wrong!:scratchin
I think your right, there are just to many variables going on. The BB offer was IMO very limited with nothing in October or November, but I think that may have just been fishing, let's see how many will go for it now so to say, not just the economic things also the competition has a lot of new offerings and continue to see growing numbers, this free dining offer is a GREAT offer and way of helping many families free up the extra $ to splurge in the parks!

I think your right, there are just to many variables going on. The BB offer was IMO very limited with nothing in October or November, but I think that may have just been fishing, let's see how many will go for it now so to say, not just the economic things also the competition has a lot of new offerings and continue to see growing numbers, this free dining offer is a GREAT offer and way of helping many families free up the extra $ to splurge in the parks!
I agree. For some reason I think the BB was limited so much because they wanted to see how many people would still go in the Fall without it. If the rooms don't book they know they can include them in FD and people will book them.:)

Following along.. booked late Nov - early Dec with hopes of Free Dining.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter