******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going at the end of Aug and are hoping for free dining. Family of 4(2 boys ages 8 and 5). We do lots of character meals. We ran the numbers and decided on a price point that we were willing to pay and booked based on that. We are staying 6 nights at POFQ and have the regular dining plan. If we have to pay rack rate, that's where we want to stay. If FD is available, we plan on moving to a another resort. hopefully the Contemporary, and if my calculations are correct we will wind up paying a couple hundred dollars more to be on the monorail with FD than paying rack rate at POFQ.

We are going in August with or without FD and figured we would book the best room we could afford right now. And if any future promos come out and we can get an even better room for roughly the same amount we have already budgeted/earmarked, that's awesome! And if not, we are still going to Disney and spending an amount that works for our family.

We aren't going this year, but i am joining this thread to watch and see what's happening to get an idea of dates for our trip next year. We did fd last year late september but really want to try november next year.

We aren't going this year, but i am joining this thread to watch and see what's happening to get an idea of dates for our trip next year. We did fd last year late september but really want to try november next year.
We did Thanksgiving week two years ago. The weather was phenomenal, we were never hot, just always perfect! The crowds were okay, not too large, not too small....just right. LOL! We ate at Poly for Thanksgiving because it is our favorite. Then we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern the day after. I would definitely go back at this time of year again. Most of the Christmas decorations were up then, all except for the big tree in MK. We got to see the Osborne lights at HS. It was magnificent! Loved the parks this time of year.

Question--can I drive to disney and get a room at POP for one night. Can I book the bounce back offer for December while I'm there. Return home the next day? Or, is it too late to book to be able to return this December?

Question--can I drive to disney and get a room at POP for one night. Can I book the bounce back offer for December while I'm there. Return home the next day? Or, is it too late to book to be able to return this December?
I was thinking of doing this myself but found out that you never know what the offer for BB are going to be. When I asked Dad this question he said, yeah you never know. So you may get lucky or you may not. Do you want to spend the money for one night and find out? Other folks may answer this differently but this is where my search led me.

The free dining bounceback is usually offered from middle of august to end of october. The bounceback the rest of the year is typically a room discount.

I was thinking of doing this myself but found out that you never know what the offer for BB are going to be. When I asked Dad this question he said, yeah you never know. So you may get lucky or you may not. Do you want to spend the money for one night and find out? Other folks may answer this differently but this is where my search led me.
Would be nice if someone staying at POP right now could check the booklet in their room and post a pic of the offer

You only need a one night stay to book a bounceback. It doesn't matter which resort you're staying at. The bb will be the same no matter which resort you choose. Right now the bb for value resorts is 20% off Dec. 8 - 23. It says it's bookable til Aug. 15 2017.
image.jpeg

We did Thanksgiving week two years ago. The weather was phenomenal, we were never hot, just always perfect! The crowds were okay, not too large, not too small....just right. LOL! We ate at Poly for Thanksgiving because it is our favorite. Then we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern the day after. I would definitely go back at this time of year again. Most of the Christmas decorations were up then, all except for the big tree in MK. We got to see the Osborne lights at HS. It was magnificent! Loved the parks this time of year.

Were you able to swim this tine of year? We are hoping to hit the water parks still and swimming at the resort is a must for my kids

Were you able to swim this tine of year? We are hoping to hit the water parks still and swimming at the resort is a must for my kids
We stayed at Universal last year for 9 days, split between HR and RP club level, we arrived the day after Thanksgiving and the weather was absolutely beautiful, it did approach or break record highs a few days but we enjoy the heat, we would arrive for park opening and typically come back for the after lunch or so rest and swim and relax by the pool then back to the parks til close, then back to the pool some nights, very very nice!!!

What's y'all's opinion on CBR being included? I'm just wondering with the $75 gc out there right now. That would be the ultimate score - FD plus those gc's?!? When I run my numbers it would only cost me $20 more than POP. DH would surely think that I was lying to him about how much the vacation cost. :rotfl2:
When I booked my FD Bounceback only pirate rooms were available at CBR....not sure if they'll open cheaper rooms up

I think the summer offers are coming out this week! The cruises came out a few weeks ago and a bunch of other WDW offers expired 3/5. So I'm predicting tomorrow (or sometime this week) summer offers will be released. I'm thinking fall and free dining will come out the week of April 10th or 17th....thinking this only because other offers expire 3/30 and they usually leave a few weeks between offers. I'm already booked with a BB but still monitoring incase I need to change my dates! Good luck everyone! I have always gotten exactly what I wanted when it comes to FD by being persistent! Like checking several times a day persistent! Lol

Quick question about FD. Would it be smart to book the rooms I want now? or should I wait until the offer is out? I've never booked early. Just wondering:)

Thanks!!

Quick question about FD. Would it be smart to book the rooms I want now? or should I wait until the offer is out? I've never booked early. Just wondering:)

Thanks!!
If you plan to go either way, you should consider booking now, you may have a better chance of a certain room you want which may or may not be included in free dining, we are going either way and I booked before price increases this year which is a difference of nearly $600, I have a feeling though if an offer comes and I'm able to modify to that offer I will be forced to take the current prices, we will still be saving money though especially if it's a free dining offer or a % off room.

If you plan to go either way, you should consider booking now, you may have a better chance of a certain room you want which may or may not be included in free dining, we are going either way and I booked before price increases this year which is a difference of nearly $600, I have a feeling though if an offer comes and I'm able to modify to that offer I will be forced to take the current prices, we will still be saving money though especially if it's a free dining offer or a % off room.

Thanks! I think I might. There are 7 of us, so free dining is definitely the best deal for our family. We get two rooms at a value resort and then bump up to a regular dining. It's still a better deal than two moderate rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter