******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just thinking it will be even more limited then last year and I'm thinking maybe standard rooms won't even be offered.
I haven't been able to book a standard room since 2011. I usually have to book a pool or garden view.

Really, that information is rarely or never given out.
We were on the call with the CM for a long time due to a major error they made with our reservation. DH is very friendly, he just has that personality, and the CM very clearly told him POR would be in the offer.
:confused3 Who knows...
CMs are notorious for being wrong but I figured I would share what we were told.

Hi everyone,

It doesn't look like there is an official thread yet, and it was suggested that I could begin one myself. Please point me in the direction to the thread if there already is one.

If there is not one, and this is the start then go ahead and feel free to dream, speculate, watch, and wait with the rest of us hoping for a release in the Spring for dates that we are all planning for :-)

What are you all hearing, if anything yet?

What are you hoping for in terms of release and promo dates?

Will you plan the trip regardless of release or not?

Questions are endless, and the sky is the limit. Just please be respectful of others and be kind to one another :-)
Can someone please explain to me how this "free" dining works? We are booked for CBR early June under the current promotion. Are we eligible for free dining it's offered? I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I'm new to this board. Thank you for your help.

Can someone please explain to me how this "free" dining works? We are booked for CBR early June under the current promotion. Are we eligible for free dining it's offered? I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I'm new to this board. Thank you for your help.
I'm afraid that you won't be eligible for "free" dining if you are going in June. The Free Dining Promotion usually starts with check-in dates toward the end of August and goes through December with blackout dates. (See chart on page 26 of this thread).

Free dining means you have to pay rack rate for your room, but you get the dining plan for free. Since you're booked at CBR, unless something changes, you would get the table service plan which includes 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 2 snacks per person per night (also includes 1 refillable mug per person). As long as CBR is included in the FD offer and shows availability for your room type and dates, you should be able to modify your reservation. If CBR, your room type or dates are not included, you may have to consider switching resorts, rooms or dates to get FD. Also, in the past, FD required a 2 day min ticket with park hopper option.

I'm afraid that you won't be eligible for "free" dining if you are going in June. The Free Dining Promotion usually starts with check-in dates toward the end of August and goes through December with blackout dates. (See chart on page 26 of this thread).
The FD bounceback offer from October included the first week of June I think so if FD is offered, it might include at least the first week of June.

Watching for September. We have two rooms at ASSP . I am a nervous wreck we will doing all quick service this time . How do you keep from getting fast food overload ?

If you are already staying with a Special Offer promotion, and FD offer comes up for the time and resort you are booked in, you will have to choose which offer is better for your situation. You can't double up - sometimes the Room Only offers are better and sometimes the FD offer is better, but you can't have both. Hope this helps.

Okay, stop this nonsense you guys. :rotfl:

Now my head is spinning cause I'm planning to just do quick service at Pop.
I would take POFQ in a heartbeat though. The problem is, I'm already past my 180 day window for ADR's. Maybe I should get booking?
I just started booking my ADR's for July and I got almost everything I wanted, at exactly the times I wanted. The only thing I couldn't get was BOG for dinner.

Watching for September. We have two rooms at ASSP . I am a nervous wreck we will doing all quick service this time . How do you keep from getting fast food overload ?
There's lots of variety in the countries. We really enjoy the meals there and many of them are just as good as some of the dinners. But that's just me.

I just started booking my ADR's for July and I got almost everything I wanted, at exactly the times I wanted. The only thing I couldn't get was BOG for dinner.
I'm going for 2 weeks, but we are pretty flexible with our ADR's. The only restaurant I booked was San Angel at 11:30am. I want to sit by the water so we always book it at opening.

We are staying off site this year, but watching closely to see what the trend will be. We would be satisfied with the "1 counter service offer" and paying the difference, so we are going to book at POP no matter what the offers for 2018.

:offtopic: OK, I'm watching this thread for the off chance that FD is offered for my dates - doubtful as it's end of October, but heck, I can hope, right?

I'm also really hoping for a good Annual Passholder/VISA/General RO discount, and wondering if anyone knows a thread dedicated to that for the fall? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - if there is one - if there isn't, maybe I'll start one......LOL
:thanks:
Jeanne

If we stay at Pop we'll do 2 weeks of quick service. We love it! It frees up your time and gives you so much flexibility. There's so much variety out there, it never feels like fast food to me.

The FD bounceback offer from October included the first week of June I think so if FD is offered, it might include at least the first week of June.

In 2015 we booked a bounce back for FD for a week in June. It was only for a couple of days the end of May the beginning of June. It was not in the 2016 FD offer.

Since you guys are talking about ADR. I've looked all over these boards for an answer to my questions about Be Our Guest. Is lunch still counter and dinner is Table service? Do I need an ADR for lunch? I can never find any reservation openings. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter