******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for clarification you won't get it here. LOL Different posters have different theories. There are those that say if you book your room in advance, and enough people do it, then Disney senses the need for incentives aren't there so they won't offer free dining, room discounts, etc. And I get that. Me personally, it's still off-season, crowds will always be lower. Nothing will change that. I book my room in advance so I know I at least have a room and then modify my reservation as needed to get the FD. Once the discounts come out the rooms fly off the shelf so to speak, and they keep adding restrictions to qualify and lowering the amount of rooms eligible for any discounts, just making it harder to qualify. I'd rather know that I have room that history tells me qualifies for the discount than wait for the discount to drop and hope I can get a room that qualifies. But that's just me.

It all comes down to preference. It is true that booking ahead gives you no advantage for free dining. You still have to modify your reservation, and if the hotel is out of free dining slots, then you either change hotels or keep the one you want (and don't get free dining). Sometimes it's harder to rebook than book a new reservation, depending on how you have to modify. But if you want a certain hotel no matter what, and don't care if you aren't able to get it, then it certainly makes sense to book ahead. To address the other side of the coin, booking up rooms can and has caused resorts to fall into the excluded list at the last minute...on more than one occasion.

It's an eternal debate that really has no right or wrong answer, it's different for each person.

Oh, by the way...free dining isn't always the best deal. Always check the room discounts and do the math.

Last edited:
I'm guessing if they fill enough rooms at CBR with the gift card offer, FD would probably be excluded there, but it would be nice.
I'm really curious about this. CBR has lots of people trying to book now to get the gift card. Plus they have whole buildings being knocked down, so already the number of rooms available are limited. Then you've got sections at both CSR and Pop down for refurbishment. It's really hard to predict what availability will be like.

I'm really curious about this. CBR has lots of people trying to book now to get the gift card. Plus they have whole buildings being knocked down, so already the number of rooms available are limited. Then you've got sections at both CSR and Pop down for refurbishment. It's really hard to predict what availability will be like.
I totally agree. Free dining will be pretty interesting this year

This makes me wonder if they will include POR this year.:teeth: CBR is the mod they usually include for FD so who knows what will happen this year!

You beat me to it. I was just thinking the same thing. :D

Maybe they will include both because of the construction at both the other moderates.pixiedust:

Okay, stop this nonsense you guys. :rotfl:

Now my head is spinning cause I'm planning to just do quick service at Pop.
I would take POFQ in a heartbeat though. The problem is, I'm already past my 180 day window for ADR's. Maybe I should get booking?

I would take POFQ in a heartbeat though. The problem is, I'm already past my 180 day window for ADR's. Maybe I should get booking?
Right now I'm planning for QS at POP too, but I've marked my calendar to book a few ADR's. ;)

I totally agree. Free dining will be pretty interesting this year

That's IF there is free dining. I mean think about it: construction at CSR and CBR already limit the number of rooms available in the mod category. Add in the $75 promo, and I can't imagine there being many rooms left at either of these. Then you have the people who won't stay at either of these because of the construction, but still want mod, and now POR and POFQ start filling up. POFQ is almost always full anyway. I just don't see much chance for free dining at any of the mods this year, except possibly the cabins, but there aren't many of those to begin with.

That's IF there is free dining. I mean think about it: construction at CSR and CBR already limit the number of rooms available in the mod category. Add in the $75 promo, and I can't imagine there being many rooms left at either of these. Then you have the people who won't stay at either of these because of the construction, but still want mod, and now POR and POFQ start filling up. POFQ is almost always full anyway. I just don't see much chance for free dining at any of the mods this year, except possibly the cabins, but there aren't many of those to begin with.

I'm just thinking it will be even more limited then last year and I'm thinking maybe standard rooms won't even be offered.

Judging from your post count you probably already know this. Just wanted to say that any ADRs you make are not tied to your resort reservation. If you cancel your resort reservation for any reason (i.e. change dates, book different resort, cancel altogether because you've decided your not going to Disney this year, etc., etc.) it will not cancel any of your ADRs.

Just throwing it out there for anyone that plans on travel in less than 180 days and is waiting to book their resort. You can still book ADRs and they will remain intact.

Judging from your post count you probably already know this. Just wanted to say that any ADRs you make are not tied to your resort reservation. If you cancel your resort reservation for any reason (i.e. change dates, book different resort, cancel altogether because you've decided your not going to Disney this year, etc., etc.) it will not cancel any of your ADRs.

Just throwing it out there for anyone that plans on travel in less than 180 days and is waiting to book their resort. You can still book ADRs and they will remain intact.

Yup. I know too well. Good info. for others who don't realize this though. :thumbsup2
Did you know you can book an ADR 65 minutes apart? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter