"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this has been mentioned before, but we leave on Friday for our trip and I am going a little crazy trying to remember all the tips I've read on the Dis...we are going to the party ON HALOWEEN so i know it will be crazy. Where is the best spot to watch the fireworks that doesn't require hours of standing to reserve a spot? I read about a grassy area somewhere?

And does the same spot work for the parade? Or is frontier land better? I know to avoid Main Street...

The only character we care about meeting is jack sparrow - I think I read the best time for that is right after the first parade, is that right? Do I need any more of a plan?

Thanks a bunch!

If Jack Sparrow is really your ONLY character meet, I wouldn't wait till after the parade, I'd line up a bit before 7 for his first set so you're done. We got to his line at about 7:15 (after being first for Pooh and friends), and saw him in about 20 minutes. If we'd gotten over there closer to (or before) 7, we would have been done even faster.

If Jack Sparrow is really your ONLY character meet, I wouldn't wait till after the parade, I'd line up a bit before 7 for his first set so you're done. We got to his line at about 7:15 (after being first for Pooh and friends), and saw him in about 20 minutes. If we'd gotten over there closer to (or before) 7, we would have been done even faster.

Thank you! Where does he meet? Near the POTC ride?

Do all the TOT spots have the same mix of candy this year?

Yes except across from Splash Mountain. They were giving away green peeps. I wish I would've had more Dove bars. Out of 2 full gallon ziplocs I only had 4 but I have about 30 Skittles Ugh.

So I'm really anxious about the fact that the night we're going (October 30) is sold out - I'm considering switching my tickets to Oct 28 (Friday) - I'm not sure how much less crowded it will be though.

We are focused on M&G's, and are less worried about rides.

Thoughts?
Odds are the 28th will sell out, but they are less likely to switch your night from a sold out night as they cannot resell the tickets to an already advertised sold out party. We've been to several sold out parties, and never had an issue.

We went to the party last Friday the 21st. Neither my boyfriend or I had been to a party before. We had a blast and got done pretty much everything I wanted to do. We didn't get checked into our room until just after 3 which put us behind a little and then then us bus took a long time to show up and made an extra stop. We didn't wind up getting to Magic Kingdom until about 4:15. (We had a 3:20-4:20 fast pass for Buzz that we missed but walked right on during the party.) The lines weren't bad and we got in very quickly. The first thing we did was grab our sorcerers card and then went to the right to get our candy bags. They were taking pictures back there and I got the poison apple shot without having to ask for it! We then went to Starbucks and took pictures in front of the castle before heading to our next fastpass, space mountain.
We then wandered around and took in the atmosphere until our next fastpass for Peter Pan. We bought pins at Big Top before the party started with no line I walked right up to the counter. We grabbed a quick snack from Pinochios and by then it was just about 7. We got in line for HM right at 7 it was posted a 10 min wait. The cast members had their makeup on but the ghost wasn't out telling stories. We walked right on and got in line for the magic shot right after. We were done with both by 7:20. We walked around did pirates, got candy, took pictures, and met Jafar. The line for Jack Sparrow wasn't too long we just weren't too interested in that. When we walked by Jack and Sally that line was very long. We then crossed back over to tomorrowland again (the headless horseman was just entering the hub as we walked up. It was crowded but not too bad. We could have stopped and watched if we wanted to but I wanted to watch the later parade) rode Buzz and Space Mountain and met Lotso. We grabbed snacks and headed to the hub for fireworks. We sat in the grassy area the only thing in our way was a lamp post. It filled up about 10 minutes before celebrate the magic started, but it was a great spot and everyone stayed sitting. We watched the stage show after that and then headed tot the end of main street to watch the parade, had a second row spot the people in front of us sat on the curb so it was great. We left during so we didn't have to fight crowds on the way out.
Over all we had a great night. It was crowded but not terrible. We only hit a few TOT spots and got almost a full bag of candy. It was enough to last us the week we were there. All the CMs were giving out small handfuls 4-5 pieces at a time. Everything we rode was a walk on the fireworks were great and the stage show was cute. Glad I had a general idea of what to do. If we hadn't have been so tired from the day before we could have stayed until midnight to finish the parade and ride the mine train. We enjoyed seeing the costumes and got plenty of compliments on ours.
IMG_0119.JPG

So I'm really anxious about the fact that the night we're going (October 30) is sold out - I'm considering switching my tickets to Oct 28 (Friday) - I'm not sure how much less crowded it will be though.

We are focused on M&G's, and are less worried about rides.

Thoughts?

I'm expecting the 28th to sell out as well, or be close to it.

You'll be fine if you have a plan, what characters are on your must see list?

Attended the party last night for my birthday, and now I will need to think very seriously about doing other ticket based parties in the future. My boys and I have done the Christmas party multiple times with great results and had planned to again in December, but now I doubt I will. I have no idea how many tickets Disney is selling, but last night was wall to wall people at times, busier than I have seen it on the majority of normal park days.

We could not even move when walking in Frontierland to Fantasyland, and you couldn't even get near the Haunted Mansion to see the festivities in front let alone ride it. Waits for some of the TOT lines were really long, often winding up and down walkways and roped off sections. People were crammed in for the fireworks. We staked out a seated spot for my 78 year old mom an hour early and it was wall to wall people in front of us with kids on shoulders by the time the castle show and fireworks started. Overall, I had a decent time, but definitely not worth the price of the ticket to me. We basically paid $96 a ticket for a small bag of candy, the parade and the pleasure of collecting the candy all night. I know there will likely be those who will say they had the opposite experience, but I know that when I can't even move and it isn't the night rush after the fireworks, it ceases to be fun to me.

Weird. I was at the same party and was surprised by how empty it felt. It was my sister's third party (She's in the college program) and said it was by far the least crowded one she had been to. We lined up for the second parade in Frontierland at about 10:30 and there was no one lined up...Even when it started, the crowd near us was only one person deep. We watched the fireworks near Splash Mountain and it was great. The longest we waited for candy was about 5 minutes near Pirates. We also walked on to Pirates, Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

Odds are the 28th will sell out, but they are less likely to switch your night from a sold out night as they cannot resell the tickets to an already advertised sold out party. We've been to several sold out parties, and never had an issue.
That is fabulous to hear. I've been on countless Disney trips, and consider myself a veteran, but when you hear "Sold Out Party" it becomes hard to really picture how good/bad it will be. I can handle crowds, I have a plan, and step #1 on that plan is to have fun and enjoy just being there! Can't wait.:sunny:

Weird. I was at the same party and was surprised by how empty it felt. It was my sister's third party (She's in the college program) and said it was by far the least crowded one she had been to. We lined up for the second parade in Frontierland at about 10:30 and there was no one lined up...Even when it started, the crowd near us was only one person deep. We watched the fireworks near Splash Mountain and it was great. The longest we waited for candy was about 5 minutes near Pirates. We also walked on to Pirates, Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion.

Like I said, there are always people who have different experiences. Maybe we tried to do things at the wrong times. Who knows. We had several 10 minute waits for tot spots. Couldn't walk at all by Haunted Mansion. Unfortunately, we were not able to stay too late, we left after the fireworks, but got out before the rush, so no line for the bus. My mom is 78 and had been going during the day with a long break in the afternoon, but it was just too much for her to go later than that. I have been to several hard ticket parties in the past as well and this was by far and above the busiest one I have ever seen. For much of the night, except when we first came in in Adventureland and when we were back in new Fantasyland, it felt and looked busier than a normal busy day in May at the Magic Kingdom. I am glad that you guys had a blast though, and that you felt the party was worth the ticket cost.

We attended the party on Thurs Oct 20. We arrived at 5:00 as a party of 17. We went right Little Mermaid and walked right on. From there we ate at Pinocchio and then the kids walked on the carousel and all of us walked onto Small World. Small World and Little Mermaid said 20 min waits, but we walked right on. After Small World our party split up. Those with little kids went to watch the first parade and 8 of us continued on. We walked onto Pooh and got in line for the 7DMT right around 8:15. It said 30 min wait and was 30 min from the time we got in line to the time we got out of line. From there we were the second in line for Alice and the Mad Hatter since my kids were Alice and the Mad Hatter. We got in line for them about 5 min before they came back from the parade. From there we went on Space Mountain which had about a 15 min wait. Next was Buzz LightYear which was a 15 min wait also. We got off Buzz right around 9:50 and headed over to the grassy area in front of Casey's to get a spot for Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes. Although there were a decent amount of people there already, we were able to find two spots to sit near each other and there was enough room for my 6'2" husband to lay down. This was a perfect spot, thanks to these boards!! As soon as the parade was over we went straight for the Haunted Mansion and had about a 20 min wait. We got off around 11:00 and grabbed a spot for the second parade in Frontierland right by where Chip and Dale used to meet. Again all 8 of us easily got a great spot, again thanks to the boards! After the parade everyone was pretty much out of steam and we headed home. We did hit several TOT spots as we passed them. All in all it was a great night and since it was a quick trip and our only day in Magic Kingdom we were happy with all that we got done. I 100% believe that we enjoyed the party so much because of all the information and tips on this thread, so thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for taking the time to share your tips and experiences!!

It is amazing how nights can be soooooo different.

My 1st MNSSHP was on Oct 4. It was great! Hit every single ToT station and every ride except for 7DMT (which was always 25 min) had either a 5 min wait or a couple had 10 min and that was mostly just walking into the ride and going through the attraction design that took up your minutes. I didn't find it crowded at all. In fact, we are planning another one next year. The ride lines were so worth it. Last year was my first Christmas party and I found it to be a bit more crowded. I was expecting more for this party so we were quite shocked. Now, we didn't do the parade :worried: or see the fireworks because we were so busy with M7G and getting as many rides ridden, so next year we are going to try to catch those but I am sure there was more people in those sections than for the rides. My friend's hubby works for Disney and they go to the parties at least twice and say they only do it for the rides and their short waits and I can completely see why.

We went to the party last Friday the 21st. Neither my boyfriend or I had been to a party before. We had a blast and got done pretty much everything I wanted to do. We didn't get checked into our room until just after 3 which put us behind a little and then then us bus took a long time to show up and made an extra stop. We didn't wind up getting to Magic Kingdom until about 4:15. (We had a 3:20-4:20 fast pass for Buzz that we missed but walked right on during the party.) The lines weren't bad and we got in very quickly. The first thing we did was grab our sorcerers card and then went to the right to get our candy bags. They were taking pictures back there and I got the poison apple shot without having to ask for it! We then went to Starbucks and took pictures in front of the castle before heading to our next fastpass, space mountain.
We then wandered around and took in the atmosphere until our next fastpass for Peter Pan. We bought pins at Big Top before the party started with no line I walked right up to the counter. We grabbed a quick snack from Pinochios and by then it was just about 7. We got in line for HM right at 7 it was posted a 10 min wait. The cast members had their makeup on but the ghost wasn't out telling stories. We walked right on and got in line for the magic shot right after. We were done with both by 7:20. We walked around did pirates, got candy, took pictures, and met Jafar. The line for Jack Sparrow wasn't too long we just weren't too interested in that. When we walked by Jack and Sally that line was very long. We then crossed back over to tomorrowland again (the headless horseman was just entering the hub as we walked up. It was crowded but not too bad. We could have stopped and watched if we wanted to but I wanted to watch the later parade) rode Buzz and Space Mountain and met Lotso. We grabbed snacks and headed to the hub for fireworks. We sat in the grassy area the only thing in our way was a lamp post. It filled up about 10 minutes before celebrate the magic started, but it was a great spot and everyone stayed sitting. We watched the stage show after that and then headed tot the end of main street to watch the parade, had a second row spot the people in front of us sat on the curb so it was great. We left during so we didn't have to fight crowds on the way out.
Over all we had a great night. It was crowded but not terrible. We only hit a few TOT spots and got almost a full bag of candy. It was enough to last us the week we were there. All the CMs were giving out small handfuls 4-5 pieces at a time. Everything we rode was a walk on the fireworks were great and the stage show was cute. Glad I had a general idea of what to do. If we hadn't have been so tired from the day before we could have stayed until midnight to finish the parade and ride the mine train. We enjoyed seeing the costumes and got plenty of compliments on ours.
View attachment 203434
We were there the 21st as well! Got pretty much everything done that we wanted to. We were the first in line for the Seven Dwarfs! We also saw Jack and Sally, who spent slots of time with my DD. We had an awesome time over all. My DD loves splash mountain, road it multiple times in a row, even with all the meet and greets, parade, Hocus Pocus and fireworks. She even got to do some Trick or Treating! Will definitely go back again for this. We loved every minute of it. A little planning went a long way!

image.jpeg
We were at the same party and quite the opposite experience. I did think it was crowded from 4-7 with the mix of day guests and party guests, but after that I didn't think it was bad at all. Maybe it just depends on what you wanted to get accomplished - I know we weren't really in it for meeting the characters so we only met Lotso and Jack & Sally. We only trick-or-treated through the spot inside storybook circus and the spot around where the 7 dwarfs used to meet in Fantasyland and got quite a bit of candy - our bags weren't full, but we had enough for the two of us. There were lines for the trick-or-treat spots, but they moved right along for us. The HUB area was crowded before and after Hallowishes, but other than that we didn't really have any trouble moving around and all the rides we wanted to ride were walk-on after 7 aside from Peter Pan, SDMT, and Haunted Mansion. Maybe I had low expectations?
My daughter, husband and I were there on the 21st. We also had a great time. Walked right up to the candy barrels in most cases. Met 7 dwarfs, jack and sally, lotso, Queen of hearts, Cruella, Genie/Jasmine and Jafar. We also saw, Hocus Pocus and the first Parade. Walked right up to the front row as the Headless Horseman rode by. Daughter danced at Monsters Dance Party and with Judy Hops in front of the train station. Saw the fireworks and rode Splash Mountain 3 times. It didn't feel overly crowded to us, just normal crowded. Lol! We had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter