• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the halloween party fireworks are the old fireworks FP+ areas just open to the public or still reserved?
Open to the public. Though I don't think most people know this, as the area tends to have availability right up until the start of CTM.

For the halloween party fireworks are the old fireworks FP+ areas just open to the public or still reserved?
The old fp+ areas are open to everyone. We sat in the area right in front of Casey's and had a great view. Everyone in our area stayed seated, which was really nice.

Attended the party last night for my birthday, and now I will need to think very seriously about doing other ticket based parties in the future. My boys and I have done the Christmas party multiple times with great results and had planned to again in December, but now I doubt I will. I have no idea how many tickets Disney is selling, but last night was wall to wall people at times, busier than I have seen it on the majority of normal park days.

We could not even move when walking in Frontierland to Fantasyland, and you couldn't even get near the Haunted Mansion to see the festivities in front let alone ride it. Waits for some of the TOT lines were really long, often winding up and down walkways and roped off sections. People were crammed in for the fireworks. We staked out a seated spot for my 78 year old mom an hour early and it was wall to wall people in front of us with kids on shoulders by the time the castle show and fireworks started. Overall, I had a decent time, but definitely not worth the price of the ticket to me. We basically paid $96 a ticket for a small bag of candy, the parade and the pleasure of collecting the candy all night. I know there will likely be those who will say they had the opposite experience, but I know that when I can't even move and it isn't the night rush after the fireworks, it ceases to be fun to me.

Attended the party last night for my birthday, and now I will need to think very seriously about doing other ticket based parties in the future. My boys and I have done the Christmas party multiple times with great results and had planned to again in December, but now I doubt I will. I have no idea how many tickets Disney is selling, but last night was wall to wall people at times, busier than I have seen it on the majority of normal park days.

We could not even move when walking in Frontierland to Fantasyland, and you couldn't even get near the Haunted Mansion to see the festivities in front let alone ride it. Waits for some of the TOT lines were really long, often winding up and down walkways and roped off sections. People were crammed in for the fireworks. We staked out a seated spot for my 78 year old mom an hour early and it was wall to wall people in front of us with kids on shoulders by the time the castle show and fireworks started. Overall, I had a decent time, but definitely not worth the price of the ticket to me. We basically paid $96 a ticket for a small bag of candy, the parade and the pleasure of collecting the candy all night. I know there will likely be those who will say they had the opposite experience, but I know that when I can't even move and it isn't the night rush after the fireworks, it ceases to be fun to me.

Oh man. We are going on the 30th and I was really hoping the crowds would be lower than a regular day at the park. I know it's sold out so I was expecting a lot of people but this sounds miserable. I really wanted to be able to go on rides with short lines and the trick or treating is what my daughter is really looking forward to.

Where did you end up watching the parade and fireworks from?

Oh man. We are going on the 30th and I was really hoping the crowds would be lower than a regular day at the park. I know it's sold out so I was expecting a lot of people but this sounds miserable. I really wanted to be able to go on rides with short lines and the trick or treating is what my daughter is really looking forward to.

You can honestly still have a good time. I am not saying I didn't have any fun, but to me, it was not worth the price of the ticket and I would not do it again. That said, early in the morning, we did notice Jungle Cruise with a 5 minute wait right at 7 and Pirates with a 10-15 minute wait shortly after. We had already ridden everything we wanted during the day, so our focus wasn't on rides, but I did notice haunted mansion was about a 45 min. wait when we passed, but people were backing up all the way toward the riverboat entrance. Peter Pan had a fairly long winding line, but no wait time was posted on the board outside, so not sure what that was.

We watched the parade from an outside table at Pecos Bill's, we had the fence in front of us, but no one is allowed to sit or stand on that side of the road, so if you pull your seat up to the edge, you have a fine view through the slots. Not the best if you have a little one that you want to be up front for the characters to see, but it worked well for my mom and me. For the fireworks, we were sitting on the bridge by cosmic rays and the hub, we needed a bench area for her to sit because she has had two hip replacements and can't stand that long waiting for a decent spot. I wouldn't recommend that spot as everyone instantly stops and stands in front of you etc. plus it has a restricted view because of the trees. It worked for her to be able to sit on a bench though, as she can't get up off the ground. The old FP+ location in front of the Plaza has been said to be good.

Rides other than Haunted Mansion will likely have more reasonable waits. If you're there for mostly rides, you do stand a better chance of avoiding crowds. Most will be trick or treating or in character lines or on Main Street watching shows, parades and fireworks.

But yes, do brace for crowds.

We are going the 30th too, and while I am prepared for crowds, I really hope I'm able to see and do some party things, otherwise what was the very expensive point?:headache:
We arrive in Orlando on Saturday and our only choices were the 30th or 31st, so either one was going to be packed. I'll prepare for the worst and hopefully it won't be awful.

For a sold out party what time would people suggest looking for a spot for fireworks? Would an hour be sufficient?

I know this has been mentioned before, but we leave on Friday for our trip and I am going a little crazy trying to remember all the tips I've read on the Dis...we are going to the party ON HALOWEEN so i know it will be crazy. Where is the best spot to watch the fireworks that doesn't require hours of standing to reserve a spot? I read about a grassy area somewhere?

And does the same spot work for the parade? Or is frontier land better? I know to avoid Main Street...

The only character we care about meeting is jack sparrow - I think I read the best time for that is right after the first parade, is that right? Do I need any more of a plan?

Thanks a bunch!

We are going the 30th too, and while I am prepared for crowds, I really hope I'm able to see and do some party things, otherwise what was the very expensive point?:headache:
We arrive in Orlando on Saturday and our only choices were the 30th or 31st, so either one was going to be packed. I'll prepare for the worst and hopefully it won't be awful.

For a sold out party what time would people suggest looking for a spot for fireworks? Would an hour be sufficient?

Totally agree! We arrive on Saturday too! It's our first trip to WDW so I don't have a real good idea of where things are...hoping the party isn't a bust too.

We were at the Oct. 16th party (Sunday). It was busy, especially around the hub, but not crazy. It was myself and my mom. We didn't get there until almost 6pm, because we were at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival earlier in the day and Mom needed a break in between. Our focus was the rides, parade and fireworks. We did take party time to eat at BOG, not my preference but the only adr I could get was 8:50pm. We really wanted to eat there so it was worth it to us, and we got our picture with the Beast! :yay: One thing we noticed was that posted wait times were not accurate. 7DMT had a 50 minute posted wait. It was only about 25 minutes. Peter Pan also had a 50 minute posted wait, and we only waited 20 minutes. We did these around 7pm. Rode Haunted Mansion with a 5 minute wait during the first parade (8:15 or so) and saw Madame Rinata on the lawn. Got a few magic shots during the first parade as well, with only a couple of people in line. We got a spot in front of Crystal Palace about 5 minutes before Hallowishes (the grassy area was full by that time). Watched the second parade sitting on the rock wall across from Liberty Tree Tavern - I think we got there about 20 minutes before the parade started. We got the rest of our magic shots on the way out, not more than a 5 minute wait for any of them. Strolled down Main Street looking at the decorations, stopped at the Main St. Bakery to get Spider Cupcakes to go. All in all, it was a good night. I was keeping a slower pace for Mom to make it to the end of the party, so we never even made it to Tomorrowland, but we really had a great time! :cloud9: Fingers crossed for those that are going this week that the parties aren't too crazy.

Oh yeah, I want to see the parades and fireworks for sure. That definitely was the point of getting the tickets! I expect that to be crowded. I'm just hoping we can squeeze in rides and trick or treating in between. We are not planning to do any character greets.

Totally agree! We arrive on Saturday too! It's our first trip to WDW so I don't have a real good idea of where things are...hoping the party isn't a bust too.

This is our first trip too and only have a very basic idea based on maps. I was there when I was a kid but its been at least 20 years. Planning this was overwhelming and I feel completely unprepared to leave in just 3 days!

Party on the 30th! pixiedust: And I am gearing myself up for crazy crowds:crazy: in the hopes that it won't be so bad:scared:

We are going on the 30th too. Plan on J&S meet and then stake out a parade spot crazy early. Maybe fit Tarzan meet in there as well. Pre parade if possible.

Oh yeah, I want to see the parades and fireworks for sure. That definitely was the point of getting the tickets! I expect that to be crowded. I'm just hoping we can squeeze in rides and trick or treating in between. We are not planning to do any character greets.

This is our first trip too and only have a very basic idea based on maps. I was there when I was a kid but its been at least 20 years. Planning this was overwhelming and I feel completely unprepared to leave in just 3 days!

Same here - I have only been to DW once when I was in high school (band trip), at least 20 years ago. My husband and kids have never been...

So where is the grassy area again, to watch fireworks? Can you see CTM from there also? And the parade?

Same here - I have only been to DW once when I was in high school (band trip), at least 20 years ago. My husband and kids have never been...

So where is the grassy area again, to watch fireworks? Can you see CTM from there also? And the parade?

I think I read that it is in front of Casey's Corner on Main Street. I'm wondering where a good place might be to actually sit. Casey's sound like that might work. Or a place where I don't have to show up an hour early to get a good view. I'm not sure I will be able to get our 4 year old to stand in one spot for an hour just to wait for a parade. At the same time, we can't lift her onto our shoulders so we need a spot where she can still see while on her own two feet.

So I'm really anxious about the fact that the night we're going (October 30) is sold out - I'm considering switching my tickets to Oct 28 (Friday) - I'm not sure how much less crowded it will be though.

We are focused on M&G's, and are less worried about rides.

Thoughts?

Do all the TOT spots have the same mix of candy this year?

It seemed like for the most part, yes. One location had Peeps only. Some locations we would get more of one type, but pretty sure that had more to do with candy rotation. The barrels always looked mixed.

I know this has been mentioned before, but we leave on Friday for our trip and I am going a little crazy trying to remember all the tips I've read on the Dis...we are going to the party ON HALOWEEN so i know it will be crazy. Where is the best spot to watch the fireworks that doesn't require hours of standing to reserve a spot? I read about a grassy area somewhere?

And does the same spot work for the parade? Or is frontier land better? I know to avoid Main Street...

The only character we care about meeting is jack sparrow - I think I read the best time for that is right after the first parade, is that right? Do I need any more of a plan?

Thanks a bunch!
The grassy area is in front of Casey's - the old FP area.

For the parade, Frontierland will be less crowded and is at the start of the route. We like watching the 2nd parade from the end of Main Street to end the evening.

We lined up for Jack about 7:40 and were second in line when he came out at 8. The line for his 7:00 set was closed around 7:20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter