October 2017 Discount and code watch

Just booked WL for 10/28-11-4 our first time at a deluxe. Really hoping for a nice discount. But looking forward to a trip just husband and I.

We just booked the BCV for mid October! This will be our first family trip that isn't attached to DH working a conference.

Planning a quick trip in middle of October with DD. Hoping for a decent room only discount.

When you guys call to get your reservation discounted with an AP discount does it seem complicated? Every time I call it seems like I'm jumping through hoops. They tell me they'll have to cancel the reservation and start over again and there might not be a room at that time for me. Ughh. What exactly do you say when you call to have your AP discount applied to your existing reservation?

Hoping to go in October this year -- just got a PIN code but it's only good from the end of May to the end of August.

Booked POR for 10/29 through 11/8 but hoping for a RO discount so I can extend that to 11/10 or 11/11. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Thanks to the kids school schedules next year, we are planning a quick trip for the first time in Oct (12-16) to enjoy MNSHP and F&W. Any kind of discount will be a plus.

Subbing to follow. We have a quick trip planned and looking for a discount for room, hopefully they come out with AP discounts soon. Although I just booked a rack rate room. There isn't much of what I was looking for available.

When you guys call to get your reservation discounted with an AP discount does it seem complicated? Every time I call it seems like I'm jumping through hoops. They tell me they'll have to cancel the reservation and start over again and there might not be a room at that time for me. Ughh. What exactly do you say when you call to have your AP discount applied to your existing reservation?

I don't trust them - so I book online when possible. That can result in overpaying deposit and waiting for refund when you rebook. Although when I called recently to adjust a bounce back (change number of days) the CM was great and happily looked up availability before making the change. I have trouble believing they can't check availability before canceling the existing (assuming worst case that you are willing to pay two deposits and have the first refunded - slowly.) Then again, their technology is not known for greatness.

I don't trust them - so I book online when possible. That can result in overpaying deposit and waiting for refund when you rebook. Although when I called recently to adjust a bounce back (change number of days) the CM was great and happily looked up availability before making the change. I have trouble believing they can't check availability before canceling the existing (assuming worst case that you are willing to pay two deposits and have the first refunded - slowly.) Then again, their technology is not known for greatness.

Do you ask for the AP discount up front? It seems to me all they have to do is apply it to your existing reservation. That's simple. Why do they make it so complicated?

If a discount code comes after you've booked your room can you call Disney and get that rate for your hotel?

When discounts are offered, they are not able to apply to an existing reservation. What they do if you already have a reservation is to check for availability for the special offer, then rebook you with the discount only if there is something available. Having an existing reservation does not give you any advantage over someone who books their reservation after an offer is announced, since you may need to change room type or even resorts to get the discount. Since the purpose special offers is to fill rooms, some will argue that if a lot of people book anticipating the release of a special offer, that the total number of rooms included in the offer will be less, and it actually lessens the chances of availability.

Many feel the best strategy is this: If you are planning to go regardless of whether or not a special offer happens, book your reservation in the resort you really want. If you can change it to a special offer later, that's great!

Whatever works best for you, though. :)

When discounts are offered, they are not able to apply to an existing reservation. What they do if you already have a reservation is to check for availability for the special offer, then rebook you with the discount only if there is something available. Having an existing reservation does not give you any advantage over someone who books their reservation after an offer is announced, since you may need to change room type or even resorts to get the discount. Since the purpose special offers is to fill rooms, some will argue that if a lot of people book anticipating the release of a special offer, that the total number of rooms included in the offer will be less, and it actually lessens the chances of availability.

Many feel the best strategy is this: If you are planning to go regardless of whether or not a special offer happens, book your reservation in the resort you really want. If you can change it to a special offer later, that's great!

I totally agree. Today, I booked POP for a short trip, Oct. 10-14, 2017. This will be my first 'adults only' trip & first MNSSHP. If a discount becomes available, that will just be icing on the cake!!!

We are staying a week but four nights are booked through group travel, we have to book two or three on our own.....

Ok, so I am making my ADRs tomorrow. If a discount comes out later and they have to make a new reservation to use it, what will happen to my ADRs?

Ok, so I am making my ADRs tomorrow. If a discount comes out later and they have to make a new reservation to use it, what will happen to my ADRs?
Nothing should happen to your ADR's, I had made a bunch for a planned trip in February that I had to cancel. After I cancelled, all of my ADR's still existed and I had to go in and cancel each one. You may want to link your ADR's to your new reservation though. You can do that in My Disney Experience.

Nothing should happen to your ADR's, I had made a bunch for a planned trip in February that I had to cancel. After I cancelled, all of my ADR's still existed and I had to go in and cancel each one. You may want to link your ADR's to your new reservation though. You can do that in My Disney Experience.

What is an ADR?

ADR =advanced dining reservation

I read on another thread that the rumor going around is the discount will be released April 24th! Does anyone remember how many days ahead of time Disney Visa cardholders can book? Not sure if the 24th is for Disney Visa customers or general public.

ADR =advanced dining reservation

I read on another thread that the rumor going around is the discount will be released April 24th! Does anyone remember how many days ahead of time Disney Visa cardholders can book? Not sure if the 24th is for Disney Visa customers or general public.
Disney Visa Card Holders do not always get advanced booking opportunities but if they do it is usually only a day or two in advance. I hope that rumor is true. It should be soon based on historic release dates so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter