~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

How about keeping the tree skirt 70" this year and see how it looks under the tree. If it looks weird you can trim it down to 60" after Christmas so it's ready for next year.

How great your eating is going awesome. J

Josh grilled bratwurst for dinner last night - they were very good. It was just him and I, as both girls were working. Keep up the good work :hug:

How great that you don't have to work at Target on Thanksgiving or Black Friday or the entire TG weekend :)
I'm sure you will find a way to get your food prep done even when you have to work the day before Thanksgiving. Setting V to work sounds like a good idea.

I hope you have a great day at Target :hug:

Just stopping in. It's been insane at work. working in the evening etc....

You and the girls looked great fro the wedding. Universal looks like fun. Love how you leave us hanging.

Have a wonderful day!

It's good to hear you had a good weekend.

I'm also getting very excited for Christmas! Before we know it it will be here. Has your Starbucks gotten in the red cups yet? I love all the pretty designs, it really puts you into the Christmas spirit!
That's great news about not working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, especially Black Friday, I have never been to a Target that day but I would be afraid to find out how crazy it would be!

I hope you had a good day!

I'm so happy to read that you are at peace with your life. Beautiful.

So sad reading about burying your mom on Christmas Eve. I'm so sorry. :lovestruc

Good kid staying away from SB!

So nice that you are off Thanksgoving and the weekend. I thought you would surely be working!

Off to check my giant meatloaf. Have a lovely evening!

Awesome trip report! Just to chime in regarding migraines, I always get migraines after eating garlic?! Hope you find exactly what causes yours. I totally understand as I lost my Dad the day before you lost your Mom...difficult Christmas for sure. But we remember them and think of the good times and smile!

That church is so pretty.

Glad you had a great weekend!

I had an unexpected house guest this weekend. My best friend from high school came in. We had a friend from high school that most of us lost contact with pass away. His memorial service was Friday night. I was shocked at how many of our old crowd came. It was sad since most of us remember how he was from age 16-22 not how he was most recently. I had only spoken to him once since my girls were born. I could tell he was calling as part of his 12 step program. He rented the basement apartment in my house for a couple of years, till one day he disappeared. We had to call his mom to make sure everything was okay. Turns out they forced him into rehab. His parents came and started to clean out the apartment. Then they left it all. DH and I had to clean out the rest. It was a very surreal experience. Since we realized how much we enabled him, by letting him live in the apartment at a very low rent, including him in family gatherings.

I can't believe that thanksgiving is in 10 days. I have nothing planned for the 15 people plus 3 babies ( well one is going to just be one - so i'm planning on making him a birthday cake).

Thanks!!!

Fun to have a friend - sad for the circumstances... It can be very surprising the paths that some lives take... Sending you hugs, as death is such a sad and hard thing, especially when it's so unexpected.

I agree!!! It looks like we may have a change of plans for Thanksgiving... We'll see... :scratchin

Your wedding outfit looked great and very put together. Boy what a great deal at Target for $6 for Allison. Your church looked beautiful. I went to a very old and beautiful church in St. Paul and was lucky to be married there.

We went to Universal on our last trip. We actually walked right by the entrance in the wall, LOL. I really hadn't researched it very well as we had been there before all the HP stuff. The first days were with my sons and the wait for Gringott's was 10 minutes and we didn't even get there early. Then we went during spring break with my daughter's family and the wait was 75 minutes. Just so totally crazy busy that day and we did both parks open to close. We were able to do so much though and we all really loved it! My husband and I will be going back at least one day this trip for a little more relaxing day. I really want to visit all the shops that we missed and my husband talks about getting the butterbeer. He only tried the frozen, but it was really hot and it was so refreshing.

Not sure if we're going out Black Friday shopping this year. The last couple years I've ordered so much on Amazon. My daughter and I usually go though and always have a great time, but now that it's so early it just doesn't seem the same. One year she dropped me off at 1 AM and kept going all night!

I went out yesterday and cut down the last of my flowers. They were mums and still looked pretty good, but I wanted to get them done for our compost pick-up today. It was a beautiful day to do it and it's finally getting a little colder. Not looking forward to winter, but I keep telling myself to think of our trip in Jan. and that will get me through.

Thank you - I really liked it... And I was able to find Allison a dress too at a reasonable price. ::yes::

I really love our old Catholic churches here... There is some beautiful history and craftsmanship that you don't see in more modern churches.

I agree - had we not been there with Santos in January - I probably would have walked right by it too. LOL I am certain that was part of the reason for the crowds too - just the time of year and the time of day... Oh well. I hope you are able to get back and try the other forms of butterbeer - I know V enjoyed the ice cream immensely. ::yes::

The girls and I only started BF shopping a few years ago... We tend to start at about 3-4am... It's very dead then, and shop for a few hours... Then go out for breakfast and head home around 9 or 10... It's fun... We typically don't buy much, but we just love to get into the holidays that way. ::yes::

It looks like it's supposed to be nice through Thursday - and then we are going to start to drop... I've enjoyed our extended fall very much! ::yes:: I really loved having a trip in January last year... I hope, in a few years, that it's something I"ll be able to do every year.

The church is so beautiful. It reminds me of the one I went to as a child. I'm glad you could find a dress for Allison. $6 is a great deal.
I do like my Alta. It's so much slimmer that the Garmin. I did notice that the band was hard to snap. At least it won't come off. What color is yours? Mine is teal.
We were way out in Amish country yesterday. We had a lot of fun looking at the covered bridges. We stopped for pizza aplace that was originally half of a covered bridge. It was very good.
I hope you have a good day at work
Liz

Thanks! Yes that was a great deal - we were very lucky!

Yes, me too - I do like my Alta too - I just hate trying to get it on. LOL I got a black one... I figure it will go with everything - however - I love that we can get different bands for it too, at some point, I may look into another color. :scratchin

Fun - it does sound like a wonderful day!

It was a good day at work - thanks! :lovestruc

Oh I am such a harry potter fan, and love that part (those parts lol) of Universal!! Glad V loved it too. Breakfast looks decent and Butterbeer delicious! It is too bad about all the necessary lockers, that gets old quickly (still in stroller phase but I do hate having to leave everything behind!)

LOL - Yes, I really love those areas as well, so well done. Personally - I prefer Diagon Alley over Hogsmeade, but that's just me. LOL I agree - the lockers were such a bummer. Next time I will make sure to have something with me that I can stuff under my shirt or something, so we can have our phones on ourselves - I forgot that last time Santos put all of them in his shorts pockets... So, I didn't even think of it for this trip. Oh well - we survived - just not a lot of great pictures, and really none of us together.

The church is BEAUTIFUL!! And you all cleaned up just lovely for the wedding I love getting all dressed up for weddings since I don't go anywhere else but school or work otherwise!!!

Sorry Santos couldn't join you for Universal! I remember it looked like you had such a blast with him on your trip with Allison. Looks like you're off to a great start enjoying the HP areas though. Can't wait to hear more :) I really should have squeezed in a Universal day on our upcoming trip because I would love to check it out, but when I'm planning, I just can't give up any Disney days!! SOMEDAY I'll do it!

Thanks!!! LOL - I wish we would have gotten a photo of the 3 of us together, we had talked about it, but we didn't get it done.

Yes - it was such a bummer, we sure missed having him with us!

It's so hard to plan Universal days - as awesome as it is, the expense is so astronomical... It's very difficult to justify it. It will definitely NOT be something we do on every trip, unless the girls pay for all of us themselves... I am pretty much done paying for full trips now - they can start kicking in a bit of cash... Their own airfare or park tickets or something... IF we do another girls trip - it's looking pretty grim over the next year...

I hope you do get the chance to check out Universal one day... The HP areas are the best part - I have really no interest in the rest of the park - the rides are just too thrilling for me. ::yes::

How about keeping the tree skirt 70" this year and see how it looks under the tree. If it looks weird you can trim it down to 60" after Christmas so it's ready for next year.

How great your eating is going awesome. J

Josh grilled bratwurst for dinner last night - they were very good. It was just him and I, as both girls were working. Keep up the good work

How great that you don't have to work at Target on Thanksgiving or Black Friday or the entire TG weekend
I'm sure you will find a way to get your food prep done even when you have to work the day before Thanksgiving. Setting V to work sounds like a good idea.

I hope you have a great day at Target

I wish I could - with what I am planning to do with it - I am using the edges, so if I cut it back later, I'll lose all of the extra work I've done. You'll understand better what I am talking about once you see it. ::yes:: Maybe I'll lay it out on the living room floor today just to see the size, it's hard to tell when I am holding it up in my sewing room.

Thanks! It's been a very tough few months - I am hoping that I am over that hurdle now. :lovestruc

It looks like we may have a change of plans for Thanksgiving... We'll see... :scratchin

Just stopping in. It's been insane at work. working in the evening etc....

You and the girls looked great fro the wedding. Universal looks like fun. Love how you leave us hanging.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi Lynee!!! It's great to see you!

Hahaha... Well, I do need you to have a reason to come back to read, right? LOL

Thanks - same to you!! Take care!

It's good to hear you had a good weekend.

I'm also getting very excited for Christmas! Before we know it it will be here. Has your Starbucks gotten in the red cups yet? I love all the pretty designs, it really puts you into the Christmas spirit!
That's great news about not working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, especially Black Friday, I have never been to a Target that day but I would be afraid to find out how crazy it would be!

I hope you had a good day!

I know - right!!! I just can't wait to decorate... I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do everything. Now that our house is so much different - it's fun - yet difficult to figure out how I want to do it.

Yes - we have the red cups, however, it's still quite warm here, so I haven't switched my Iced Americano to a warm one yet - and the iced cups aren't nearly as pretty as the warm ones. ::yes::

Yes - I think all of us lucked out, except for Josh - he works Black Friday. LOL Not sure how that worked out? We all work retail hours type jobs, yet he is the one that works early. Poor guy!

Thanks! Same to you! :lovestruc

I'm so happy to read that you are at peace with your life. Beautiful.

So sad reading about burying your mom on Christmas Eve. I'm so sorry.

Good kid staying away from SB!

So nice that you are off Thanksgoving and the weekend. I thought you would surely be working!

Off to check my giant meatloaf. Have a lovely evening!

Thank you - it's been a long road, and it's very nice to be at the spot I am at. :lovestruc

It was a tough time for me, and it took me a long time to move on. :hug:

Well, I've been trying... I didn't have any SB over the weekend - which was a miracle, considering how much driving we did on Saturday. I did cave and have SB yesterday though - it was good. ::yes::

I thought so for sure too! I didn't dare tell any of my coworkers - they would all be pretty upset, I think.

Oooh - yum!!! Enjoy!!!

Have a great day!

Awesome trip report! Just to chime in regarding migraines, I always get migraines after eating garlic?! Hope you find exactly what causes yours. I totally understand as I lost my Dad the day before you lost your Mom...difficult Christmas for sure. But we remember them and think of the good times and smile!

Thank you... I still have several days to write about though... It could tank fast! LOL

Interesting... I don't think I have an aversion to garlic - as I do eat that quite often. I am definitely journaling my food intake though and I am trying to pinpoint if something I am eating is causing my headaches. Thanks for the suggestion! :lovestruc

:hug: It's so hard to lose a loved one anytime, however, during the holidays is especially difficult. I agree - it's so much easier to remember the good times now, and the missing her hurts much less... There will always be a void there though. Sending you hugs! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

I don't have much to update today - so hopefully I can get a quick TR update done. ::yes::

I worked out yesterday morning - it was a good work out.

Then I worked at Target all day yesterday, I was off of work an hour later than normal - so that was a little strange... I had to rush a little bit to get V from school. However, I did have time to purchase one item that I really wanted for decorating for Christmas... I can't wait to show you all! I am very excited about it! :woohoo:

Josh was home sick from work yesterday - nothing major, just not feeling right... He planned dinner and it was wonderful - home made steak fajitas! Delicious! I was a little worried, because of working at Target yesterday and the meals I chose for breakfast and lunch - I only had 400 calories left for dinner (if I ate my favorite bed time snack)... Thankfully, fajitas are high density and low calorie - so it worked out perfectly. ::yes:: I was able to eat a reasonable amount for dinner plus have my bed time snack. ::yes::

Then I sat around like a bum all night on Pinterest and FB. That seems to be my nightly ritual these days.

We did receive an invite for Thanksgiving dinner last night, which we are seriously considering - if we can make it work logistically. So, if we do this - we will go for Thanksgiving, and then maybe do our own small Thanksgiving here on Saturday? We'll see. :lovestruc That would alleviate my stress of working the day before and trying to meal prep all week. ::yes::

Today - It's a heavy lifting day for me - so I will do that right away this morning...

Then I am home working all day. I am running right on schedule upstairs, so it should be a good week up there. I just need to stay on schedule over the coming week, so I am not thrown off by the holiday. ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Your church is absolutely gorgeous!! So beautiful! I love the outfit you wore to the wedding. My family teases me because, somehow, I always end up in black for Christmas and Easter. LOL! I've already bought a dress for myself for Christmas this year and it's not all black so they'll be surprised (it's royal blue, white, and black color blocked).

Congratulations on staying on track with your eating! I'm doing colonoscopy prep today (lucky me -- have a repeat colonscopy tomorrow to make sure everything healed properly from my surgery last December and make sure none of the precancerous growths have come back)....so my eating will definitely NOT be on track since I can't eat anything but jello and clear liquids. Lots of broth for me today. *Sigh* I am going to look into Paleo and see how that compares to W30 -- I think my lifestyle is going to have to be fairly W30 compliant from here on out. I'm still feeling very unwell from last week....

I would stay with the 70" tree skirt for now -- if you decide it's too big you can always cut it down after Christmas. I agree with you -- tree skirts just aren't big enough. When I was at Disney last week I really wanted to buy the train set to set up around my Christmas tree, but with our dogs it just wouldn't work out. LOL I usually start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, but we're hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year and my company won't be leaving until Saturday/Sunday, so I think it's going to have to wait until after they leave. There will just be too many people underfoot, I think, for me to haul out all of the boxes and start decorating. I've had my eye on some new decorations but I think I'm going to exercise restraint and try not to buy much along those lines this year since we have a wedding to pay for next year. And I'm SO behind on my Christmas shopping. Ack!

I hope Josh feels better today.

It's wonderful that you don't have to work Thanksgiving weekend at Target! Yea!

Have a great day!

Day 3 Part 2

We headed towards the Kings Cross station..

20161017_103306.jpg

In order to ride this ride, a person must have a Park to Park pass for Universal - there are turnstyles at the beginning of the ride line, where they scan your ticket to verify before they even let you in.

Walking through the queue line is a lot of fun - there is a lot to see, and it's just like the train station in Harry Potter!

20161017_104221.jpg

20161017_104703.jpg

20161017_104712.jpg

20161017_104809_1.jpg

20161017_104819.jpg

20161017_105647.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-18-06-57-43.png

We boarded the train - and we were a little bit disappointed - we had to share the compartment with a bunch of inappropriate teens - who did take all of the seats by the window... V and I were stuck across from each other with a limited view of the window - which was a bummer, and she was a bit grumbly about it - even though she had never ridden this ride before and knew nothing about it.

20161017_105817.jpg

V was quite impressed by the train ride, which I was happy about!

When we arrived in Hogsmeade, we went straight for The Forbidden Journey... It took me a few minutes to get my bearings, as you can't see it coming out of the train station, and I had to get on the right path.

Screenshot_2016-10-18-06-58-00.png

20161017_110749_HDR.jpg

Hogwarts is such a beautiful sight though! They did an amazing job with this ride and the queue for it too. There were a TON of people in this area, as one of the stage shows was just starting, so we had to plow through the massive crowd!

20161017_111005_HDR.jpg

20161017_111121.jpg

20161017_111140_1.jpg

The line for this ride was incredibly long... Again - we had to put all of our items, phones included, into a locker, so we have no pictures... It is so fun though to wind our way through the castle and see so many areas in detail that were in the movies. Truly an exceptional queue line!

We boarded the ride, and just as we were about to take off, the ride stopped... This was the only time it stopped on us, however, I did choose to use this to our advantage and ask for a re-ride as soon as we got off. Which meant that we were able to get 2 rides for the line wait of one... This also meant, as Victoria and I discovered later... We are both very sensitive to this ride.

1601398_74693101-1.jpg

When we got off of the ride the 2nd time, we gathered our stuff out of the locker and purchased our ride photo...

We decided it was time to go find a drink... We were both feeling quite terrible and woozy. It was hot outside, and even though we had concentrated on drinking a lot of water the day before, we were starting to feel dehydrated again. We wandered outside of the HP area - into Universal's semi-Adventureland area to get water... We found a spot in the shade to drink...

20161017_123246.jpg

Once our water was gone, we boarded the train back to Diagon Alley... We debated on doing the Fight of the Hippogriffs before we left, but the line was 30 minutes long, and with how we were feeling, we didn't think this was the best idea. So, in the end, we just headed back.

V enjoyed the train ride back just as much as the one on the way there... She was able to sit by the window this time.

Once back in Diagon Alley... We stood in the middle of the path for what seemed like forever, waiting for the dragon on top of Gringotts to blow fire... We waited, and we waited and we waited... Nothing. We were quite sad. I've been to U/S twice now, and spent all of my time in the HP areas - and never once have I seen the dragon breathe fire. :scratchin

We decided, at this point, we needed to go to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour... Ever since my trip with Allison, I had been dreaming of having the exact same ice cream cone I had then, it was so delicious! Both of us had the double waffle cone... V ordered the butter beer and I ordered one scoop of clotted cream (on the bottom) and a scoop of the Earl Gray/Lavendar on the top - it was sooooo good! I am incredibly disappointed in myself though - as I did not take one single picture of it, and I also didn't take a picture of the spot we were sitting in... as it was probably one of my favorite memories from this day... In my defense - it was still very hot out and the ice cream was melting fast!

Here's a picture from Allison's trip in January though - V and I sat at the top of those steps behind Hagrid's motorcycle, enjoying our ice cream and people watching in the shade...

20160122_155018.jpg

We still weren't feeling great... We texted Cindy to ask her if she could give us a ride back to the resort a bit earlier than planned, and thankfully she was able to. Both of us were feeling quite ill, and the heat was really getting to us - which was such a bummer, as this day was so expensive and I am not one to waste money in the form of time.

We thought a good long line wait, out of the sun was a good idea... So we hopped in line for Escape from Gringotts again. It was a 45 minute wait, but it was kind of a relief to have that time to settle.

Again - it was a fabulous ride!

When we came off of Escape from Gringotts - it was pouring rain... The only rain we had on our entire trip... We went into a couple of shops, as V wanted to look around some more - this was a good idea, as it kept us dry. We stood in the doorway for about 15 minutes, watching the rain and the people. We were thankful for the opportunity to rest again.

20161017_143836_HDR.jpg

After - we found some semi-dry steps in Diagon Alley to sit on and people watch. We stood up 20 minutes later with damp rears. LOL

20161017_145349.jpg

20161017_150028.jpg

It was time to start heading to the front of the park to meet up with Cindy...

We stopped at Starbucks for the Florida and the Orlando "you are here" mugs - they are super cute. V even purchased an adorable glass "you are here" water bottle. We do wish they had Universal Studios "you are here" mugs like Disney does - it would be awesome with Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade on there! :scratchin

Then we found a spot in a shop at the front of the park to wait on Cindy's text... I sent her a text to let her know we were near the front and to text us when she arrived... We received a text 30 seconds later that she was there. Yikes!!! So, V and I booked it out of the park... Did we ever find Cindy?​

Link to Day 3 Part 3

D~

Last edited:
We did receive an invite for Thanksgiving dinner last night, which we are seriously considering - if we can make it work logistically. So, if we do this - we will go for Thanksgiving, and then maybe do our own small Thanksgiving here on Saturday? We'll see. :lovestruc That would alleviate my stress of working the day before and trying to meal prep all week. ::yes::
You should go! Part of the fun of the holiday is spending it with friends and family.

Then we found a spot in a shop at the front of the park to wait on Cindy's text... I sent her a text to let her know we were near the front and to text us when she arrived... We received a text 30 seconds later that she was there. Yikes!!! So, V and I booked it out of the park... Did we ever find Cindy?
Sounds like you had a good time even if you had to cut it short.
Your universal pictures make me want to plan a trip. We took the girls to universal in 2009 i think. We stayed at one of the universal hotels for the front of the line pass at the end of a disney trip.

The whole Harry Potter area looks incredible!! I love the pictures you do have of the Hogwart's Castle. It must be incredible to see it in person!

I totally get what you mean about your Thanksgiving plans--working in retail makes it feel impossible to get work and Thanksgiving both accomplished in the same week!!!! At our store, it's so tiny, we have to do our shift from Fall to Christmas overnight, so I'll be working into the wee morning hours of Thanksgiving, then sleeping a couple hours I hope before running a Turkey Trot with Rob. Afterward, we will have breakfast and watch the parade on TV before hopefully a little nap for me and then on to dinner with the in-laws. WHAT. A. DAY. Then, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. And poof, my Thanksgiving break from school is gone!! I'm tired just thinking about it.

Hey i was behind again!
Love the wedding photos! So beautiful! I do hope things work out for us this year and we can pull off a night or two at US. time will tell! It looks like so much fun! But i do want to see the rest of the parks too. Especially the transformers! fun stuff!
Hope to stay up to date now!!

It's always nice to have an invite for Thanksgiving. Every other year we have Thanksgiving at my house and then the other years we go to my aunts. It gives my mom a break from cooking, which always makes her happy!::yes::
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that Hogwarts Castle, it's so beautiful! That's great you were able to get 2 rides, that's too bad you and V weren't feeling too well after...
That ice cream sounded delicious!:goodvibes

We decided it was time to go find a drink... We were both feeling quite terrible and woozy.
I would be woozy and sick, too. I'm not good with rides like that. Do you think the heat contributed to it?

V ordered the butter beer and I ordered one scoop of clotted cream (on the bottom) and a scoop of the Earl Gray/Lavendar on the top - it was sooooo good!
Your ice cream sounds delicious. :)

Here's a picture from Allison's trip in January though - V and I sat at the top of those steps behind Hagrid's motorcycle, enjoying our ice cream and people watching in the shade...
It was too bad that Santos couldn't go with you. I remember that you had a cold day when you were there in January. What was worse, hot or cold weather?

Both of us were feeling quite ill, and the heat was really getting to us - which was such a bummer, as this day was so expensive and I am not one to waste money in the form of time.
That must have been very disappointing. Is Victoria a big HP fan?

When we came off of Escape from Gringotts - it was pouring rain... The only rain we had on our entire trip..
At least that was some compensation for having your day cut short.

After - we found some semi-dry steps in Diagon Alley to sit on and people watch.
It looks like Diagon Alley has a roof? Is it air conditioned in there?

So sad that you weren't feeling well at Universal and cut it short. I haven't been since they were building the first Harry Potter part so I'm dying to go. I have a week of vacation coming up the first week in dec so we were thinking we might go down for 2-3 days. Then I find out that the Forbidden Journey ride will be down for refurb from dec 1-18. I told my husband I'm not going if I can't get the full experience! God only knows when I'll get to go back! So now we are considering going down for MVMCP because we skipped going last year when we were there.

I totally cried the first time I saw Diagon Alley!! It is so incredible, and I'm glad both girls loved it on their trips.

You all looked lovely for the wedding...that church is gorgeous!

And Forbidden Journey made me sick too!! I mean, really really sick, and I don't have issues on rides. The Simpson's Ride and Men in Black back to back later in the day didn't help things any...blech! Next time we go to Universal/IOA I will have to take bonine or something, because FJ was really amazing.

So far... It does fade fast though... Sadly. She did love the train ride though - it's so neat! :lovestruc

Your count down must be getting close now? Have a great day!

Yes we have only two more sleeps here until we leave...can't believe it. I also know it will go way too fast!

The train is definitely the coolest thing. I think we did it 3 times in June and we laughed when at one point my daughter was sitting near the window and she actually saw something disappear from view and drop on the screen...and tried to look DOWN at the window, as if she could see what happened. It was one of the funniest memories from the trip when she realized she can't look "down" at a screen.

Anyway looks like you guys had a fabulous day and sorry you were feeling so woozie. The ride that got to me the MOST on that trip, believe it or not, was the Minions "ride" there. Simulators are just the worst for me, and while most of the time I can tolerate them, we did Minions early one morning and I could not WAIT to be done with it! I actually did okay on all of the other HP rides..well except Dueling Dragons...and for that it's not the simulation but the spinning upside down that gets to me...sucks getting old! We are definitely looking forward to spending a day at the Universal Parks again and right now my only concern is figuring out how we will get from those parks to Shades of Green again...as we don't have a "Cindy" there to help us. My DH and son may leave the parks around 4pm and head out to Cape Canaveral to try to watch a rocket launch planned for that day, so the other two kids and I will most likely have to find a taxi to take us to Shades of Green to meet up with my family who will arrive that day.

You should go! Part of the fun of the holiday is spending it with friends and family.

Sounds like you had a good time even if you had to cut it short.
Your universal pictures make me want to plan a trip. We took the girls to universal in 2009 i think. We stayed at one of the universal hotels for the front of the line pass at the end of a disney trip.

It sounds like we are going - the difficult part is that Allison and I want to do our Thanksgiving walk/run that morning - then we'll have to rush home, shower and try to make it out there on time for dinner. It will be a bit crazy -but it should be OK. :scratchin

We did have fun - I wish we would have been able to ride more than 6 rides (including the train each direction) - that equates to approx $75 per ride - not sure those rides are worth that? But it was fun and I try not to think about how expensive it was - there are just things like that, which can't be helped. ::yes::

The whole Harry Potter area looks incredible!! I love the pictures you do have of the Hogwart's Castle. It must be incredible to see it in person!

I totally get what you mean about your Thanksgiving plans--working in retail makes it feel impossible to get work and Thanksgiving both accomplished in the same week!!!! At our store, it's so tiny, we have to do our shift from Fall to Christmas overnight, so I'll be working into the wee morning hours of Thanksgiving, then sleeping a couple hours I hope before running a Turkey Trot with Rob. Afterward, we will have breakfast and watch the parade on TV before hopefully a little nap for me and then on to dinner with the in-laws. WHAT. A. DAY. Then, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. And poof, my Thanksgiving break from school is gone!! I'm tired just thinking about it.

It is incredible... If Disney had any competition - it would be that... Not the whole park though - just the HP area. ::yes:: I almost think U/S did HP better than Disney does Disney - gasp!

It is very difficult - and it's difficult to travel too... Thankfully, this year, it's not because of me, it's Josh that has to work early the next morning. LOL And the girls and I want to get up at about 3am to go shopping... :scratchin It's gonna be a rough weekend. LOL But we enjoy it so much!

We'll be doing much the same thing - it sounds like Allison and I will be doing the Thanksgiving morning walk/run... I haven't registered for it yet, but I do plan to do it sometime this week. ::yes::

Hey i was behind again!
Love the wedding photos! So beautiful! I do hope things work out for us this year and we can pull off a night or two at US. time will tell! It looks like so much fun! But i do want to see the rest of the parks too. Especially the transformers! fun stuff!
Hope to stay up to date now!!

No worries - I am notoriously behind everywhere, all the time... I've resigned to the fact that I will likely never stay caught up anywhere. :scratchin

Thanks!!! We had fun!

I hope you can do it too - it's so fun! And just a fantastic area!

I love Forbidden Journey, but I have to take Dramamine to ride it.

I love it too - I should have known better and brought dramamine with me... We probably would have survived the day much better.

It's always nice to have an invite for Thanksgiving. Every other year we have Thanksgiving at my house and then the other years we go to my aunts. It gives my mom a break from cooking, which always makes her happy!::yes::
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that Hogwarts Castle, it's so beautiful! That's great you were able to get 2 rides, that's too bad you and V weren't feeling too well after...
That ice cream sounded delicious!

That is excellent! We used to do Thanksgiving with Josh's family - as it was just easier because they were all local, and we didn't have to travel much over the weekend when we had to work and work strange hours at that... Sadly - every one of them moved with in one month of each other in 2010... Ever since then, we've just broken off and done our own Thanksgiving here. I've kinda gotten used to it and like it... So it will be interesting to see how traveling goes on this day now. LOL

Yes - I was happy to have gotten 2 rides - it made waiting in that line a little more worth it. LOL

It is - I know I"ll never get those flavors anywhere else... Kinda like DIsney - where I go for the food... I go to U/S just for that ice cream. :lmao:

I would be woozy and sick, too. I'm not good with rides like that. Do you think the heat contributed to it?

Your ice cream sounds delicious.

It was too bad that Santos couldn't go with you. I remember that you had a cold day when you were there in January. What was worse, hot or cold weather?

That must have been very disappointing. Is Victoria a big HP fan?

At least that was some compensation for having your day cut short.

It looks like Diagon Alley has a roof? Is it air conditioned in there?

It's possible that the heat contributed to it... I know the heat contributed to my headache, which I got from the rides - I think? We just were not feeling well at all... I did feel a little better that it was both of us - rather than me begging to leave, and feeling bad because V wanted to stay... At least we were both feeling crummy. ::yes::

It was so delicious!!! I wish I could find those flavors locally. ::yes::

Yes - we were so bummed that Santos couldn't go with us this day... I'd have to say the cold weather was worse - as even inside, I was never really able to warm up... At least FL does air conditioning well - and we were able to cool off while waiting for rides. ::yes::

Both of the girls are pretty big HP fans... I would say that Allison is a bigger fan - but V isn't too far behind.

I'd say the roof is more of a "sun shade" than protection from rain - if you look at it closely - you can see where there are parts of the roof that have no covering... So, the rain still gets through in some spots, does that make sense? And the roof is only over that 1 block portion - it's not over all of it...

We love HP at US, the FJ ride makes me feel queasy as well, I can only ride once a day.

I am so glad I am not the only one - most of the reviews I read on it before I went with Allison said that this ride made many people sick - so I was a little prepared for it. I would have been better off taking Dramamine this day - since I know it made me sick last time - but I wasn't thinking.

So sad that you weren't feeling well at Universal and cut it short. I haven't been since they were building the first Harry Potter part so I'm dying to go. I have a week of vacation coming up the first week in dec so we were thinking we might go down for 2-3 days. Then I find out that the Forbidden Journey ride will be down for refurb from dec 1-18. I told my husband I'm not going if I can't get the full experience! God only knows when I'll get to go back! So now we are considering going down for MVMCP because we skipped going last year when we were there.

Oh no!!! That is such a bummer!! I'd definitely not go if that was happening while I was there... I'd hold off until next time.

MVMCP is a nice consolation prize - I think. :lovestruc I was there exactly 1 year ago with Suzi and Mo... so all of my newsfeed is flashbacks of this trip - I sure miss it and wish I could go again.

I totally cried the first time I saw Diagon Alley!! It is so incredible, and I'm glad both girls loved it on their trips.

You all looked lovely for the wedding...that church is gorgeous!

And Forbidden Journey made me sick too!! I mean, really really sick, and I don't have issues on rides. The Simpson's Ride and Men in Black back to back later in the day didn't help things any...blech! Next time we go to Universal/IOA I will have to take bonine or something, because FJ was really amazing.

Allison did too - it was so sweet! I agree - Diagon Alley is incredible! There are NO words until you are standing there yourself. ::yes::

Thank you! :lovestruc

FJ is a crazy ride for sure! I just have such a hard time with simulator rides like that - and FJ is probably one of the most intense out there. Great ride though and worth being sick. :lmao:

Yes we have only two more sleeps here until we leave...can't believe it. I also know it will go way too fast!

The train is definitely the coolest thing. I think we did it 3 times in June and we laughed when at one point my daughter was sitting near the window and she actually saw something disappear from view and drop on the screen...and tried to look DOWN at the window, as if she could see what happened. It was one of the funniest memories from the trip when she realized she can't look "down" at a screen.

Anyway looks like you guys had a fabulous day and sorry you were feeling so woozie. The ride that got to me the MOST on that trip, believe it or not, was the Minions "ride" there. Simulators are just the worst for me, and while most of the time I can tolerate them, we did Minions early one morning and I could not WAIT to be done with it! I actually did okay on all of the other HP rides..well except Dueling Dragons...and for that it's not the simulation but the spinning upside down that gets to me...sucks getting old! We are definitely looking forward to spending a day at the Universal Parks again and right now my only concern is figuring out how we will get from those parks to Shades of Green again...as we don't have a "Cindy" there to help us. My DH and son may leave the parks around 4pm and head out to Cape Canaveral to try to watch a rocket launch planned for that day, so the other two kids and I will most likely have to find a taxi to take us to Shades of Green to meet up with my family who will arrive that day.

Yay! I can't believe only 2 more sleeps!!! This is the most exciting part - IMO!!! :woohoo:

Hahahah!!!! That is too funny! LOL

Yes - that is why I have such a hard time with Universal... Most of the rides are total thrill coasters or simulators... I don't do big coasters and simulators make me sick... So, I guess I am doomed. LOL

BFF used Uber when she was down there - and she loved it! I've heard great things about it in the Orlando area - I would consider giving it a try. ::yes:: Otherwise - I know SoG does offer a shuttle, but I am not sure how it works and if you can use it for one way or not? I'd check into that too though if you are not sure about using Uber. :)

*******************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a pretty great day for me...

I did my heavy lifting right away in the morning - it was a good lift, though a little rushed as I chose to wait to work out until after Allison left for school - I typically like to be done by then. ::yes::

I worked all morning, had lunch and ran to town to get V from school - she had to work yesterday.

Josh and I had dinner alone - leftover fajitas from the night before - it was even more delicious last night. ::yes::

And then I sat on FB all night - I am so addicted to the home decor groups I belong to - I can scroll through their pictures all night long and never get bored. LOL I am getting super excited to decorate for Christmas... I am still trying to figure out where everything is going to go though... I used to put the village in the bay window - but now that the couch is there, the back sits up about a foot higher than the bottom of the window - so if I put the village there, we'd never see it... Considering puting it on the media console - under the TV? It may block a bit of the bottom of the TV - but not the screen itself. :scratchin We'll see? And then the nativity - I think that will go on the small end table between the couch and the loveseat. And finally - -I think the tree is going to go in the corner by the bay window... And that's just the big stuff - LOL. I am hoping to decorate the kitchen too this year - not something I normally do - other than a few towels and such... I also have the 2nd tree I purchased on clearance last year - I haven't decided if I am setting that up yet - or where - I was considering setting it up on the front porch... :scratchin

Anyways... Today - I think I will try to finish up the update for Day 3 - it's quite small and should only take me a few minutes to write.

Then I will work out...

Then I will work....

Then I have to run to town to get 2 of my nails fixed - both thumb nails, the black/dots came off last night - I was bummed. They guarantee their work for 1 week and I had them done on Thursday - so I should be OK?

I'll grab V and take her to religion class...

And again, Josh and I have the night to ourselves. ::yes::

I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! ::yes::

D~

Day 3 Part 3

We found Cindy without too much trouble - she was right there waiting for us... Our knight in shining armor - well, almost... :scratchin (She forgot her armor).

On the way back to Shades of Green, Cindy gave us a tour of Orlando... She even drove us past her house - so we got to see where she lives. Staying on WDW property - we don't often get the opportunity to see anything else - so it's fun to see other areas.

We invited Cindy back to our resort for dinner... We wanted to try out the new Evergreens restaurant. Evergreens used to be a relaxed sit down meal - bar/grill/restaurant... In 2009, SoG closed this restaurant - they had grab n' go sandwiches - but nothing made to order and IMO - a very unwise business decision... I am sure there was a lot that factored into it - I am sure it needed some pretty hefty work to bring it up to code... But it was a great place and one that we enjoyed immensely back in 2008. For that matter - it's what kept us from staying at SoG for several years. I was very excited when they announced the grand re-opening of this restaurant over the summer - it was a much needed addition to the resort.

Anyways... We walked down there - it's in it's own separate building - by the pool. The bartender (Nelson) was awesome - he was so nice and very funny - we enjoyed him a lot! We ordered our food - we were HUNGRY - so we ordered a Pizza (can't remember which flavor), the onion ring tower and hot wings! LOL I have a picture of NONE of this - as we devoured it the second it arrived... If you remember - V and I shared a breakfast in the morning and we had ice cream in the afternoon - but we hadn't eaten a real meal in hours!

We thought the pizza pan was awesome though - it took up a lot less room on the tables. ::yes::

20161017_180209.jpg

I noted in my journal that I still had a terrible headache.

V wanted to swim - so she went up to the room to change, while Cindy and I found a spot to sit by the pool.

Victoria loved the new slide - but man - you come off of it with some force! She came up coughing and spitting water. LOL After the first ride - she was much better prepared to exit the slide cautiously - or as cautiously as she could. LOL

20161017_183948.jpg

20161017_184118.jpg

We were super tired - so after about 30 minutes of swimming, we decided to call it a night... My headache was still pounding, and although it was better after I ate - I just wanted to sleep.

Cindy went home and V and I went to bed. I noted in my journal that we were in bed by 8pm! Thankfully - we have a day "off" tomorrow - so we can sleep in a bit and wander easily. ::yes::

Link to Day 4 Part 1

D~

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter