• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

Good luck at the wedding today. I'm sure you will find something to wear.

How great that you are 3 people who can drive to and from the wedding.

What a bummer that Santos couldn't spend the day with you at Universal Studios. How nice of him to drive you to the park.

What a shame that you had to wait in line for so long to get your park tickets.

Sounds like you got a good start to your day even if you had to wait for a long time in line for Gringotts.

Today I have been out driving my new car again. I'm still not comfortable parking the car alone. Ulf and I decided to drive to my grandmothers house. It's a little tricky to park outside her house because there is always a car parked outside in her driveway. With guidance from Ulf I managed to park the car without driving into anything. We spent an hour at my grandmother's house before we decided to drive back home. I had to get Ulf to guide me out of the driveway. I managed to get out of the driveway without driving into anything so that's good. But I don't feel I can go to my grandmother's house a lone yet. I need more practice to get in and out of her driveway.

I really need to start to clean the house. It's a lot of mess here that need to be gone before 1st December so I have the space to set up my new Lego decoration that I bought about a month ago. I'm really looking forward to start building that Lego and get it on display at the top of the piano for Christmas. After Christmas I will take it apart so I can build it again next year. I has been a long time since I build Lego the last time. When I was little I had a lot of Lego and I used to build a huge city and play with it.

Ohhhh! Love your Universal post! We've never been but my 11year old is obsessed with Harry Potter so we might have to venture over there from SOG. Wonder if we could do Harry Potter in a day or if we'd need more than that (as we only have 6 full park days as it is). Looks to be amazing though so thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of your report!

I'm enjoying all your updates. I'm seeing a trip to Universal in our future for the HP stuff as my boys have friends who have gone and loved it and now they want to go, too. I just don't know how I'll be able to pull myself away from Disney.

I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

Hi!! I'm back from my trip and caught up. My trip went well...my presentation was well-received and I think I fell in love with Tampa. The weather was gorgeous and I loved being right on the water. I love the water... And then my friend and I did a jam-packed day at Disney World on Thursday -- three parks in one day, morning EMH until almost the close of MVMCP that night. It was exhausting but we had so much fun and were able to do almost everything we wanted to do in each of the three parks we went to. So fun...but I'm still recovering. And my eating was horrible all week...the only food places near the hotel were Panera, McDonalds, and Burger King. *sigh* And I made terrible choices when I did have options...like trying stuff at Food and Wine Festival. I felt so sick by Thursday and Friday....I wasn't able to really enjoy Food and Wine Festival because I was feeling so sick from my eating choices during the week. Lesson learned....I think I'll be sticking to a mostly W30 compliant way of eating from now on.

Anyway -- in Epcot we did Frozen (that's the only reason we stayed onsite and did EMH), Test Track, Living with the Land, Finding Nemo, Figment, and Soarin then Food and Wine Festival -- my favorite was the waffle with fruit compote in Belgium. We probably tried five or six different things, sharing between us. Then we hopped over to Hollywood Studios for Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania...we missed our FP for Star Tours but the line was way too long so we decided to skip it...and the single rider line for RNRC was down so we didn't do that. Then we hopped over to MK for the Christmas party. I was disappointed that they weren't checking for party tickets as people entered the park -- they were giving everyone a wristband (it was 5 pm). We did People Mover, Buzz, Dumbo, Pirates, Jingle Cruise, Space Mountain, IASW, Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, and a few other rides, and also the fireworks and the parade. By 11:40 we were so exhausted...we headed out of the park, to the resort, and slept. On Friday we did Disney Springs and then hit the Disney outlet quickly before heading back to Tampa to catch our flight. It was a great one day trip. Unless I end up with another work trip down there I think it will be quite some time before my next trip. :-(

On the headaches you've been getting -- check the pre-seasoned pork that you've been buying -- I get food-triggered migraines and I can't eat any of the pre-seasoned pork. There is something in all of it -- an additive or a preservative -- that triggers terrible headaches for me.

Congratulations on eating so well! You're doing great! I love your AnA bracelets. I have a Pandora bracelet....my husband gave it to me for our anniversary with one charm (Cinderella's coach) and we've been gradually adding to it...I have a few Disney charms that friends have given me as gifts, and initial charms for each of my girls (Mother's Day gifts last year). I have it as full as I want it now -- I don't want the charms to go the full circumference of the bracelet because I do so much typing -- I don't like resting my wrist on top of the charms as I type -- it hurts. So the bracelet is not quite 2/3 full and that's just how I like it.

Have a great day!

I hope you found something to wear to the wedding and that you had a good time.
The last two days at work were much better. I was working with a guy that actually likes to work and we got a lot done.
I order a fitbit alta from Amazon and got it Friday. My daughter will set it up for me today. My Garmin is losing it's display and the new ones look so bulky.
Today we're going out to visit some covered bridges. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but the weather didn't cooperate.
Have a good day
Liz

That will be nice to see people that you grew up with. My father in law and his brother both married women who were from the same town, a town about 30 miles from where the men lived. I think it was a typical small town thing.

Was this the first time that Victoria has gone to Universal, or just the first time that she has been there since the HP stuff opened? I thought for sure that you had gone there before.

It was fun - I was surprised at how few people were actually attended the wedding ceremony, they both come from quite large families... She is from a family with 6 other siblings... and he is the youngest of 14... Even so - It was really only immediate family invited to the church - and even then, our church was quite full.

Yes - this was V's first trip to Universal... We have never been to any other park, other than Disney parks - with exception to our 2003 trip, we spent one day in Sea World. ::yes::

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

Good luck at the wedding today. I'm sure you will find something to wear.

How great that you are 3 people who can drive to and from the wedding.

What a bummer that Santos couldn't spend the day with you at Universal Studios. How nice of him to drive you to the park.

What a shame that you had to wait in line for so long to get your park tickets.

Sounds like you got a good start to your day even if you had to wait for a long time in line for Gringotts.

Today I have been out driving my new car again. I'm still not comfortable parking the car alone. Ulf and I decided to drive to my grandmothers house. It's a little tricky to park outside her house because there is always a car parked outside in her driveway. With guidance from Ulf I managed to park the car without driving into anything. We spent an hour at my grandmother's house before we decided to drive back home. I had to get Ulf to guide me out of the driveway. I managed to get out of the driveway without driving into anything so that's good. But I don't feel I can go to my grandmother's house a lone yet. I need more practice to get in and out of her driveway.

I really need to start to clean the house. It's a lot of mess here that need to be gone before 1st December so I have the space to set up my new Lego decoration that I bought about a month ago. I'm really looking forward to start building that Lego and get it on display at the top of the piano for Christmas. After Christmas I will take it apart so I can build it again next year. I has been a long time since I build Lego the last time. When I was little I had a lot of Lego and I used to build a huge city and play with it.

Thanks! It was difficult to find something to wear... Though, once I did - I was feeling pretty good about it, so that's always nice. ::yes::

It is VERY helpful to have 3 drivers - though V didn't drive at all yesterday... I drove the entire trip there, plus the trip to my Dad's after, and then Allison drove home from Dad's. It was still so helpful to have Allison drive too. :lovestruc It makes these long days of driving a bit easier.

We had a LOT of long lines that day - but it was still fun - at least the long lines have really great queues, and it's fun to look around while the line is moving. ::yes::

I am glad that you were able to make a trip to your Grandmother's... And it's nice to know that your car fits - even if you need a 2nd person to guide you. In time, and with practice, I am sure you will be able to do it on your own too!

FUN!!! I love Legos! I hope you'll share a picture when you get it finished! :woohoo:

Ohhhh! Love your Universal post! We've never been but my 11year old is obsessed with Harry Potter so we might have to venture over there from SOG. Wonder if we could do Harry Potter in a day or if we'd need more than that (as we only have 6 full park days as it is). Looks to be amazing though so thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of your report!

Thanks!!! Well - our only objective for our one day was the HP areas... I feel like we were able to do what we wanted to do in that one day - even with the ridiculously long line waits. It would have been much better without those though. The tough part about the HP area is aside from the main rides - the only stuff really to do there is to shop or eat... Not that eating is bad - LOL... It's fun to look around though. I feel like there is a LOT of fun to be had with the interactive wand... Having done one trip with one and one without - I do feel like Allison's experience was much better because she was able to explore and do many more things in the HP area. Prior to this trip - I would have said that the interactive wand was an expense that wasn't necessary - and now I think it really adds to the experience - so I'd highly recommend getting it. ::yes:: This is coming from a tightwad. LOL

I'm enjoying all your updates. I'm seeing a trip to Universal in our future for the HP stuff as my boys have friends who have gone and loved it and now they want to go, too. I just don't know how I'll be able to pull myself away from Disney.

I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

Thanks! I hope you do - it's a lot of fun and definitely worth a trip (or two)... It's definitely worth a day away from Disney too... I never thought that anything could top the Disney experience - but if anything did - Universal did an outstanding job with the HP area! ::yes::

We did - thank you! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************

Well, the girls and I had a busy day yesterday...

I did finally decide on an outfit to wear, and as I was walking out the door - Allison said she had a different skirt for me to try... It fit me well & I really liked it a lot - so I went with it. ::yes::

20161112_0908293.jpg

I also thought Allison's original dress was too short - so we stopped at Target on the way... We were lucky to find a dress on clearance for $6... Not too bad. LOL

Which put us behind schedule... So, we opted to stop at Dad's on the way home, and just go straight to the wedding. We had a bit of time once we arrived in town - we decided to stop out at the cemetery for a few minutes, it's not often that I am able to get out there this late in the year, as the ground is typically covered in snow. This Christmas will mark 25 years since my mom died... It's hard to believe I've lived the majority of my life without her. She is always in my heart and on my mind though - not a day goes by that I don't think of her and wonder how my life would be with her in it, and how much she would enjoy the girls.

20161112_122030.jpg

The wedding was beautiful, it was held in our family church - as all sacramental events are... So many memories here - every significant life event of mine has been in this church... My baptism, my wedding, my mom's funeral... Countless school Christmas programs... Daily mass every. single. day. from Kindergarten to 5th grade... No matter how far I go, this is always "home" to me. I am also a bit biased, as I feel this is one of the most beautiful churches I have ever set foot in. :lovestruc

20161112_124628.jpg

The bride and groom... Sooo sweet!

20161112_141026.jpg

And finally - the girls last night at the reception...

20161112_170945.jpg

We stopped at Dad's last night for a quick visit... He is doing well and was in good spirits.

We didn't get home until almost 10:30... A grand total of 7 hours on the road yesterday... It was exhausting and fun!

Today... I plan to dig though some of our Christmas stuff to locate a round table cloth I'd purchased on clearance last year to make into a tree skirt this year... My biggest holiday decor pet peeve is small tree skirts - so this year, I am putting an end to that. ::yes:: I also hope to kind of get an idea of what I all have down there to work with - if you all remember, I went on quite the Christmas shopping spree last year when everything was 70% and 90% off - and I honestly have no recollection of what I threw into my cart. LOL

I also have to run to Target and double check my work schedule this week - I can't remember which day I work. LOL

And that's it - the rest of the day will be relaxing and Pinteresting. ::yes::

Have a great day all!!! Sending Pixie Dust out to everyone! :lovestruc

D~

Your outfit for the wedding looks great.

How great that you were able to stop by the cemetery and visit your mom's grave.

Sounds like you had a good time at the wedding.

How great that your dad is doing well and is in good spirits.

I can't wait to see pictures of your Christmas house.

Thanks!!! Well - our only objective for our one day was the HP areas... I feel like we were able to do what we wanted to do in that one day - even with the ridiculously long line waits. It would have been much better without those though. The tough part about the HP area is aside from the main rides - the only stuff really to do there is to shop or eat... Not that eating is bad - LOL... It's fun to look around though. I feel like there is a LOT of fun to be had with the interactive wand... Having done one trip with one and one without - I do feel like Allison's experience was much better because she was able to explore and do many more things in the HP area. Prior to this trip - I would have said that the interactive wand was an expense that wasn't necessary - and now I think it really adds to the experience - so I'd highly recommend getting it. ::yes:: This is coming from a tightwad. LOL

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful! I am also a tightwad-LOL! And just the ticket price and parking for the 3 of us to do Harry Potter for one day will be close to $500 when we could just add on a Disney park for next to nothing! My son is NOT a thrill ride type kid so waiting until he's older and perhaps braver would make the most sense. Plus we will be there days after Easter so likely huge crowds! Really enjoy following along with your report. Your church sounds like my hometown church: a place where all the big milestones and family happenings have happened, so very special.

Ahhhh! I had fallen a bit behind but all caught up now!

LOVE the HP part of US and we are not even HP fans but the area is done so well you can't help but admire the space. V's scarf is just perfect!

You look really nice in the wedding pic, your hard work is not unnoticed!

I have to admit, I teared up a bit reading the story about your mom, the church, and your town. Just beautiful. :hug:

Sounds like you had an extremely long but great day with family and a bonus stop visiting your dad. Family and friends are what matter most in this world. My belief anyway.

Let's discuss this convenient need for you to stop at Target to check your schedule! :rolleyes1

Ahhhh. Christmas. Always my favorite holiday and I love everything about this time of year so much but as I mentioned before, since losing my husband a couple of years ago, the joy has diminished. HOWEVER, it seems to slowly be returning and I am more in the spirit this year than I have been the last 2 years. I'm staying strong though, our tradition is to decorate while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation the day after Thanksgiving. I am really excited to see the decorations at work tomorrow though, the company we hire to decorate has been doing their magic all weekend and it always looks so amazing! I will post pics on FB.

Oh yes! Speaking of Starbucks!! They have their evil BOGO holiday drinks right now. Tomorrow is the last day and it started on Friday and I have not stopped in once! But that ends today. This will be my only holiday drink this afternoon during the promotion. I've really learned over the past 19 months on WW that I have to set limits on certain food and drinks....otherwise it could be a disaster.

Thanks to a generous gift by one of my residents (I work in a residential building downtown) the boys and I went to the Bulls game last night. Amazing seats above the Bulls tunnel and a really fun night and great game. And they won!

I hope you have a lovely and relaxing Sunday! :lovestruc

Hi D!

I hope all is well with you and your family. It's been a long time since I've been on the DIS! It's been a busy semester at college for me and I could never find the time to come on here. But, I really missed it, and am back and am excited to read all about your most recent trip! I had seen many of your photos on FB but now I'm excited to read all the details and stories!:goodvibes

I am really enjoying the TR so far. Your day at EPCOT looked like a lot of fun. Via Napoli sounds amazing, I have to get there eventually. I also loved your DD/Chip&Dale bag, so cute! Universal looks like a lot of fun as well!

Also, I loved your outfit for your cousin's wedding, so cute!

I am glad to be back here and look forward to reading more of your trip!:lovestruc

-Alison

We were lucky to find a dress on clearance for $6... Not too bad. LOL
That was really lucky. It is really hard to find things on clearance that you really need.

Allison said she had a different skirt for me to try... It fit me well & I really liked it a lot - so I went with it. ::yes::
That skirt looks very nice on you. And it is flattering, too. ::yes::

Did everyone wear black to the wedding?

I wonder if I don't have some sort of reaction to pork???
Was the pork cured in any way?
I rarely purchase meat that is seasoned - however - this time I did
Find out what the seasonings were! I asked if the meat was cured because my oldest DS had migraines in middle and high school. I found a book that discussed a migraine diet--basically removing foods, etc that could trigger migraines. We discovered his were due to nitrites (used in curing meats like bacon and ham) and MSG (which is in many spice mixtures). So perhaps one of them effects you also. My brother gets headaches from hotdogs, again from the chemicals used in processing.

thank you to all of you who have served, families included - as the family left behind serves too.
Thank you also. I don't think families that haven't been in the military can really understand what the families go through. My DH served for 26 years which included multiple deployments. My younger DS was born in the middle of a year long deployment--I think that was the most difficult year of my life. My oldest DS is now serving so we may be dealing with deployments again in the future.

I think I tried on every dress in my closet last night? LOL
I'm right there with you. I have a wedding next weekend. I've narrowed it down to several options. Luckily it's in Miami, so I can wear more summery items since it will be warm. I have a harder time when trying to figure out what to wear for dressy events in the winter!

I want to get back to Universal. I haven't been there since they opened the second portion of the Potter stuff. I'm glad you don't give away the train ride, because I'm excited to learn about it in person. Guess I need to plan another trip. Haha.

Your outfit for the wedding looks great.

How great that you were able to stop by the cemetery and visit your mom's grave.

Sounds like you had a good time at the wedding.

How great that your dad is doing well and is in good spirits.

I can't wait to see pictures of your Christmas house.

Thank you... And yes - I was very fortunate to be able to stop by the cemetery at this time of year - our weather has been very unseasonable, and I am not complaining. :)

We did have fun and it was great to see everyone!

Me too - LOL - I am getting very anxious to set it up... I splurged on something yesterday and I am super excited about it! :woohoo:

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful! I am also a tightwad-LOL! And just the ticket price and parking for the 3 of us to do Harry Potter for one day will be close to $500 when we could just add on a Disney park for next to nothing! My son is NOT a thrill ride type kid so waiting until he's older and perhaps braver would make the most sense. Plus we will be there days after Easter so likely huge crowds! Really enjoy following along with your report. Your church sounds like my hometown church: a place where all the big milestones and family happenings have happened, so very special.

LOL - I know - Our one day at Universal was a grand total of $400 - not including food! It's a HUGE expense to go there, and I am certain that we didn't get our money's worth out of it. Which is a bummer - though we did enjoy ourselves.

Waiting until DS is older may be a good thing... The rides in the HP area aren't really thrilling - but there are a couple of steep drops and one of the rides goes nearly upside-down a few times...

Yes - our family church is very special to me... I cannot imagine life events happening anywhere else. :lovestruc

Ahhhh! I had fallen a bit behind but all caught up now!

LOVE the HP part of US and we are not even HP fans but the area is done so well you can't help but admire the space. V's scarf is just perfect!

You look really nice in the wedding pic, your hard work is not unnoticed!

I have to admit, I teared up a bit reading the story about your mom, the church, and your town. Just beautiful.

Sounds like you had an extremely long but great day with family and a bonus stop visiting your dad. Family and friends are what matter most in this world. My belief anyway.

Let's discuss this convenient need for you to stop at Target to check your schedule!

Ahhhh. Christmas. Always my favorite holiday and I love everything about this time of year so much but as I mentioned before, since losing my husband a couple of years ago, the joy has diminished. HOWEVER, it seems to slowly be returning and I am more in the spirit this year than I have been the last 2 years. I'm staying strong though, our tradition is to decorate while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation the day after Thanksgiving. I am really excited to see the decorations at work tomorrow though, the company we hire to decorate has been doing their magic all weekend and it always looks so amazing! I will post pics on FB.

Oh yes! Speaking of Starbucks!! They have their evil BOGO holiday drinks right now. Tomorrow is the last day and it started on Friday and I have not stopped in once! But that ends today. This will be my only holiday drink this afternoon during the promotion. I've really learned over the past 19 months on WW that I have to set limits on certain food and drinks....otherwise it could be a disaster.

Thanks to a generous gift by one of my residents (I work in a residential building downtown) the boys and I went to the Bulls game last night. Amazing seats above the Bulls tunnel and a really fun night and great game. And they won!

I hope you have a lovely and relaxing Sunday!

Hey!!! It's great to see you - thanks for taking all that time to catch up! :lovestruc

Yes - this tends to be a difficult time of year for me... Each year gets easier, however, I find now that I am more at peace with my life - for a long time I wasn't...

Family IS so important! I couldn't agree more! :lovestruc

Hahaha!!! Yes - stopping at Target was very convenient! LOL That darn store!!!!

It warms my heart to hear that your Christmas spirit is returning... I cannot imagine how hard it must be at this time of year! :hug: My mom died at Christmas time - we buried her on Christmas Eve day when I was 16... It took me MANY years to find my Christmas spirit again. :hug:

WTG avoiding Starbucks!!! That is awesome! Enjoy your treat though! Believe it or not, I haven't had Starbucks since Friday - so I actually avoided it for TWO days! :woohoo: I can almost guarantee that I will have it today though. ::yes::

FUN!!!! What a great time I'll bet! I don't really get into many sports - but I love going to watch pro sports!

Thanks! I hope you had a great weekend as well! Thanks for stopping by! It was nice catching up with you! :lovestruc

Hi D!

I hope all is well with you and your family. It's been a long time since I've been on the DIS! It's been a busy semester at college for me and I could never find the time to come on here. But, I really missed it, and am back and am excited to read all about your most recent trip! I had seen many of your photos on FB but now I'm excited to read all the details and stories!

I am really enjoying the TR so far. Your day at EPCOT looked like a lot of fun. Via Napoli sounds amazing, I have to get there eventually. I also loved your DD/Chip&Dale bag, so cute! Universal looks like a lot of fun as well!

Also, I loved your outfit for your cousin's wedding, so cute!

I am glad to be back here and look forward to reading more of your trip!

Alison!!! Welcome back to The Dis!! It's great to see you!

I am happy to hear that college is going well for you - that is awesome! And busy is good! ::yes::

Thanks - both trips days were pretty good... It was a lot of fun sharing that experience with V! :lovestruc

Thank you - I was starting to panic a little bit the night before, as I couldn't find anything to wear... Just happy to have found something at the last minute, which worked out really well!

It's great to have you back!!! :hug: Glad to hear you are doing well! :lovestruc

That was really lucky. It is really hard to find things on clearance that you really need.

That skirt looks very nice on you. And it is flattering, too.

Did everyone wear black to the wedding?

No kidding! Right! LOL We scoured the racks in the full price section and found nothing... So, I had no hope for the clearance section at all. LOL I was a little shocked that not only was it on clearance, it was on deep clearance. LOL We were very lucky!

Thanks! I was happy with it... The profile didn't look as nice on me, but at that point, I really didn't care anymore. LOL

There were a LOT of people wearing black - I was surprised... But yes - out of the 3 of us, we all wore black or some version of black. ::yes:: I wasn't really a fan of it - I felt like we were more dressed for a funeral, however once I saw how many others were wearing black - it didn't bother me anymore. :lovestruc

Was the pork cured in any way?

Find out what the seasonings were! I asked if the meat was cured because my oldest DS had migraines in middle and high school. I found a book that discussed a migraine diet--basically removing foods, etc that could trigger migraines. We discovered his were due to nitrites (used in curing meats like bacon and ham) and MSG (which is in many spice mixtures). So perhaps one of them effects you also. My brother gets headaches from hotdogs, again from the chemicals used in processing.

Thank you also. I don't think families that haven't been in the military can really understand what the families go through. My DH served for 26 years which included multiple deployments. My younger DS was born in the middle of a year long deployment--I think that was the most difficult year of my life. My oldest DS is now serving so we may be dealing with deployments again in the future.

I'm right there with you. I have a wedding next weekend. I've narrowed it down to several options. Luckily it's in Miami, so I can wear more summery items since it will be warm. I have a harder time when trying to figure out what to wear for dressy events in the winter!

I want to get back to Universal. I haven't been there since they opened the second portion of the Potter stuff. I'm glad you don't give away the train ride, because I'm excited to learn about it in person. Guess I need to plan another trip. Haha.

It's possible that it was cured - but I don't think so... I think it was just seasoned. That does make sense though - there are so many chemical products in our food - it still makes me so angry to think about it... Even the simplest things are killing us - or at the very least - making us sick. And it's our food supply... :( Very maddening!

Thank you to your DH and your entire family for your service... Deployments - the difficulty can never be explained... Not only are the family members left behind to try and go through life without that person and to handle things that person always handled... but you also deal with the fear and terror of death every single moment... There are no words. :hug: I wish it on no one. Praying that you don't have to deal with any deployments in your future... I cannot imagine.

That was my issue with finding something to wear - I had lots of items appropriate for summer and spring weddings - but nothing for a winter wedding - aside from black. LOL I just went with it.

Thanks for the reminder. LOL Or I may have given away the details of the ride! YIKES! That would have been bad!

Thanks for stopping by - it was great to see you again! :lovestruc

**********************************************************************************************************

I am trying for a super quick check in this morning...

We had a very nice day yesterday...

I had to run V around most of the day... In between - I worked on our tree skirt... Last year, at the 70% and 90% clearance events, I purchased 2 70" round table cloths to turn into tree skirts.... So, I cut 1/4 into the center and made a hole - then I used binding on all of the edges... It turned out very nice. I am debating though if I want to keep it at 70" or if I should trim it back to 60"??? Our tree isn't THAT big. LOL I am afraid it will look funny? What do you think? Then - it never fails - I was all done and then I had one of my "brilliant ideas"... So, now I am working on that. LOL In my spare time, of course. :scratchin

I worked on the tree skirt for most of the day... I also went through all of my clearance purchases from last year - I will not run out of glass balls anytime soon. I think I have enough to decorate 5 trees! LOL Oh well - there is so much that can be done with them, not just trees. I cannot wait to get started decorating for Christmas... I may try to do a few small things throughout the week?

Josh grilled bratwurst for dinner last night - they were very good. It was just him and I, as both girls were working.

My eating has been pretty awesome lately - which I am happy about. Saturday was a little off due to traveling and the wedding, however, I was mindful about it and I don't feel like I did too badly. We are on day 9 of our FB challenge. :woohoo:

Today - it's a Target day for me. Not sure how I did it, but I don't have to work on Thanksgiving, or black Friday, or the entire TG weekend! :shocked: Can you believe that? I do work the day before Thanksgiving though - so that's going to be a bit difficult, as that is usually my meal prep day - where I do all of my make ahead stuff. I think V is off of school that day though, so I think I will put her in charge of the potatoes, at least. ::yes:: It will be good for her. :lmao:

That's about all! I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Oops! I missed you guys! :)

I hope you found something to wear to the wedding and that you had a good time.
The last two days at work were much better. I was working with a guy that actually likes to work and we got a lot done.
I order a fitbit alta from Amazon and got it Friday. My daughter will set it up for me today. My Garmin is losing it's display and the new ones look so bulky.
Today we're going out to visit some covered bridges. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but the weather didn't cooperate.
Have a good day
Liz

Yes - I did! We were posting at the same time yesterday. :lovestruc

I am glad to hear that work has been going better for you!

I hope you were able to get your Alta set up??? I love mine and how slim it is... The only thing I don't like about it, is that it's very difficult to get on... The "snaps" are very tight. I thought they would loosen up a little bit over time, but they haven't. It's not the worst thing, as once you get it on, you know it's secure and isn't going to pop off... It's just getting it on that's difficult.

I hope you enjoyed your day yesterday! :lovestruc

You Universal day is off to a pretty good start so far...and my guess is the train ride was a BIG hit!

So far... It does fade fast though... Sadly. She did love the train ride though - it's so neat! :lovestruc

Your count down must be getting close now? Have a great day!

D~

That church is so pretty.

Glad you had a great weekend!

I had an unexpected house guest this weekend. My best friend from high school came in. We had a friend from high school that most of us lost contact with pass away. His memorial service was Friday night. I was shocked at how many of our old crowd came. It was sad since most of us remember how he was from age 16-22 not how he was most recently. I had only spoken to him once since my girls were born. I could tell he was calling as part of his 12 step program. He rented the basement apartment in my house for a couple of years, till one day he disappeared. We had to call his mom to make sure everything was okay. Turns out they forced him into rehab. His parents came and started to clean out the apartment. Then they left it all. DH and I had to clean out the rest. It was a very surreal experience. Since we realized how much we enabled him, by letting him live in the apartment at a very low rent, including him in family gatherings.

I can't believe that thanksgiving is in 10 days. I have nothing planned for the 15 people plus 3 babies ( well one is going to just be one - so i'm planning on making him a birthday cake).

Your wedding outfit looked great and very put together. Boy what a great deal at Target for $6 for Allison. Your church looked beautiful. I went to a very old and beautiful church in St. Paul and was lucky to be married there.

We went to Universal on our last trip. We actually walked right by the entrance in the wall, LOL. I really hadn't researched it very well as we had been there before all the HP stuff. The first days were with my sons and the wait for Gringott's was 10 minutes and we didn't even get there early. Then we went during spring break with my daughter's family and the wait was 75 minutes. Just so totally crazy busy that day and we did both parks open to close. We were able to do so much though and we all really loved it! My husband and I will be going back at least one day this trip for a little more relaxing day. I really want to visit all the shops that we missed and my husband talks about getting the butterbeer. He only tried the frozen, but it was really hot and it was so refreshing.

Not sure if we're going out Black Friday shopping this year. The last couple years I've ordered so much on Amazon. My daughter and I usually go though and always have a great time, but now that it's so early it just doesn't seem the same. One year she dropped me off at 1 AM and kept going all night!

I went out yesterday and cut down the last of my flowers. They were mums and still looked pretty good, but I wanted to get them done for our compost pick-up today. It was a beautiful day to do it and it's finally getting a little colder. Not looking forward to winter, but I keep telling myself to think of our trip in Jan. and that will get me through.

The church is so beautiful. It reminds me of the one I went to as a child. I'm glad you could find a dress for Allison. $6 is a great deal.
I do like my Alta. It's so much slimmer that the Garmin. I did notice that the band was hard to snap. At least it won't come off. What color is yours? Mine is teal.
We were way out in Amish country yesterday. We had a lot of fun looking at the covered bridges. We stopped for pizza aplace that was originally half of a covered bridge. It was very good.
I hope you have a good day at work
Liz

Oh I am such a harry potter fan, and love that part (those parts lol) of Universal!! Glad V loved it too. Breakfast looks decent and Butterbeer delicious! It is too bad about all the necessary lockers, that gets old quickly (still in stroller phase but I do hate having to leave everything behind!)

The church is BEAUTIFUL!! And you all cleaned up just lovely for the wedding :) I love getting all dressed up for weddings since I don't go anywhere else but school or work otherwise!!!

Sorry Santos couldn't join you for Universal! I remember it looked like you had such a blast with him on your trip with Allison. Looks like you're off to a great start enjoying the HP areas though. Can't wait to hear more :) I really should have squeezed in a Universal day on our upcoming trip because I would love to check it out, but when I'm planning, I just can't give up any Disney days!! SOMEDAY I'll do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter