• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Look at all those smiles on V's face. Of course how could one not smile at the happiest place. Garden Grill is one of our favorites too! Love the reaction to the bag too.
Those shoes are perfect. How could you not get them? Let alone nothing is wrong with another pair of shoes. This coming from a girl who has over 70 pairs of sandals/shoes/sneakers/boots combined. I know, I need shoe therapy. Yes, I do wear majority of them.
For room makeover. The color of the paint swatch said silver white, and I put in a white rug :scared1:. The reason why it got done so fast, I got a call from my daughter that she was coming home for a visit. Mind you all my furniture etc... was in her room and the spare bedroom. I slept in my daughter's room in the middle of everything. I felt like a hoarder. I still have more to do in the room, but everything is back into place. Once I can figure out how to get the photo to upload I will be happy to share.

Have a great day!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good day, even if it didn't go as planned. I understand about the nails- I cannot sew as well with long nails either, but it does make you feel nice to have them "done". Good for you for voting and for Allison to start early and participating. We had to send our ballots in several weeks ago to make sure they got there on time and counted.

Like everyone else, I am on pins and needles to find out what happened to V at the Poly!?! Garden Grill looks like a lot of fun. We have never eaten there. Is that the place where they use the vegetables that they grow in the Land Pavillion? I lol'd at Chip covering up your Donald! I love seeing Spaceship Earth at night- there's just nothing like it anywhere!

It's getting colder here and we are loving it! Emma is really hoping for snow as we lived the last 3 years in Southern California and didn't have much winter there. Everyone has a long weekend here for the Marine Corps Birthday (10th) and Veterans Day. I am hoping we can go to Hiroshima to do some Christmas shopping this weekend. Also, they are finally showing a movie that I want to see on the base theater "The Girl on the Train". I read the book, & I have been hoping they would play it. DH agreed to stay home with the girls, so I can go. Hope you have a great Thursday!

I wanted to show V the stars in the sidewalk - as it's pretty rare that we are in any park after dark - and we tend to miss things like this... So we searched them out.
I really like Epcot at night. Future World is usually nice and empty. :)

We settled our bill at Garden Grill, which had a 20% off discount for AP holders... Gosh I love this!
I love the 20% discount. :)

I'm sorry to hear your day yesterday didn't go as first planned.

I'm glad to Josh, you and Allison voted no matter who you voted for.

I'm glad to hear you found a salad you could it at Culver's that was good.

How great that you are ahead in your sewing room. It sounds like it's easier to get work done when you don't have to stress because you have to stay on schedule or are falling behind.

Sounds like you had a great time at Garden Grill with the characters.
What a bummer that you missed the FP for the characters.

The stars on the sidewalks looks great. What a great way to end your 2nd Day at Disney.

The USA election has gotten a lot of attention in the media in Norway. Last night there were a lot about the USA election on TV and at 9.30PM Norwegian time they started the election result broadcast. The first polling stations was closing at midnight Norwegian time. I went to bed then so I didn't get to hear anything about who had won any states when I went to bed. I woke up at 7.30AM and turned on the radio. Just 2 minutes after I turned on the radio they announced that it was clear that Trump won. They haven't talked about anything else on the news all day today.

Yes - I am proud of Allison for voting - I know that many of us weren't "feeling" it this time around - And Allison really didn't want to... I told her that she didn't have to vote for anyone that she didn't want to, as not every answer on the ballot has to be answered... However - I did tell her that her vote truly counted locally - and if she didn't want to vote, the least she could do is make it count at home... I don't know what her decision was in the end - but I do know that she voted, despite the inner struggle, and I am proud of her for that.

I dunno - I seem to work better under pressure - even though I hate it. LOL Now that I am all caught up, and running right on schedule - it feels good. ::yes::

We did enjoy Garden Grill very much... I prefer the meals where the food it brought to the table and the characters come around, vs. going up to a buffet and potentially missing the characters.

I am certain that Trump will be big news for the next 4 years...

Awww! The reaction from Chip and Dale is priceless! Who doesn't love garden grill?:love:
The characters came around a lot when we were there too. one of the best interactions!
I am sitting on edge for the story about A and the Poly!

So glad you and Josh have your time together now! It's so sweet.

It was really cute! And we do love Garden Grill... The food just seems less Disney-esque... Which can be a good thing during a long trip. ::yes::

I do love the characters here, however, we are essentially "adults" - so it's pretty rare that they do much, other than take a few photos. It's OK - we are used to it - but nothing at all like when the girls were younger. Which is sad.

I will tell the story below, so I only have to tell it once... It's really not that big of a deal. More of a "doh" moment.

Yes - it's nice to have time together. :lovestruc

Your Alex and Ani stack is looking great...with those shoes :) I still have zero and also ZERO real Disney Pandora beads that I have been hinting pretty strongly at Rob that I would like to start collecting. Guess I'm on my own there!!!

I'm very curious about the Poly story, too!! Too much suspense here!popcorn::

Thanks!!! I really love them now... I've discovered the "beaded wraps" on this last trip - and I really like those a lot! And the shoes - LOL - love shoes! :scratchin

I saw someone in Disney who had a nice AnA stack, and she had a Disney Pandora bracelet mixed in with it - it looked soooo cute!!! But - MAN - I cannot afford those beads at what, $60+ a bead! That is a bit much... I'd be running around with a bracelet with one bead forever. LOL However, I do have a really great Pandora type bracelet that Myrthe has been buying me beads for since her very first Christmas with all of us - those beads are quite rare, as you can only purchase them in The Netherlands... I do wear that one quite often - but I've never worn it with my AnA bracelets - I should try it. I do know - since we are going to do a "light" Christmas this year - due to some of our traveling for Matt's games, I think I will ask for a couple of AnA wraps - as they are fairly inexpensive. ::yes::

I will tell the Poly story below... It's not that big of a deal, and I didn't mean to insinuate that it was... :)

So happy to read another great report. Love the GG photos. We have not been there in YEARS! In fact, I think the last time just may have been when we had only TWO kids...and they performed the re-hitching ceremony on my and DH (fitting since we were celebrating about 5 years together at the time). I don't ever remember being thrilled with the food, but maybe one day we'll give it another shot.

Thanks!! We just love the GG, it had been several trips since we'd been there, as well, and I felt like it was time again. ::yes::

I do love their food- it's quite good and not real Disney food - since most of it is grown right there in LWTL - it's quite fresh and not as "heavy" as some Disney food is. I do like it a lot.

We loved GG dinner as well! Love your bag.

Thanks! :) It was a great meal - we enjoyed it immensely too! :lovestruc

The food at GG looked really good. There are just too many great restaurants and never time for them all! I love your Chip n Dale bag...so cute!

Hahaha... Right? LOL That's my problem too - there are too many great places to eat, and not enough time and trips to get them all done... The worst is when you find a new one and have to try to fit it into your next trip... Then all of a sudden your trip goes from 7 days to 10 days then 14 days... LOL All just to spend $$ on food. :scratchin

Thanks! I am not sure that bag will make another trip - not with Donald on it anyways... I almost ripped Donald off while we were on our break back at the resort - but I left him on, because the whole point was so see if C&D would react at dinner - which they did a little bit, but not worth the annoyance of having him on there all day. LOL

I've fallen a little behind! We had my son's 11th birthday this weekend and then afterward we all came down with a nasty stomach virus. Glad to be back reading. I'm curious about the Poly story as well!!

No worries - we all get busy - I totally understand! Thanks for stopping by now... Yikes!!! I hope you all are feeling better! It's no fun being sick.

I will talk about the Poly below - I didn't mean to insinuate that it was a big deal or anything. Sorry about that. :)

Look at all those smiles on V's face. Of course how could one not smile at the happiest place. Garden Grill is one of our favorites too! Love the reaction to the bag too.
Those shoes are perfect. How could you not get them? Let alone nothing is wrong with another pair of shoes. This coming from a girl who has over 70 pairs of sandals/shoes/sneakers/boots combined. I know, I need shoe therapy. Yes, I do wear majority of them.
For room makeover. The color of the paint swatch said silver white, and I put in a white rug . The reason why it got done so fast, I got a call from my daughter that she was coming home for a visit. Mind you all my furniture etc... was in her room and the spare bedroom. I slept in my daughter's room in the middle of everything. I felt like a hoarder. I still have more to do in the room, but everything is back into place. Once I can figure out how to get the photo to upload I will be happy to share.

Have a great day!!!

She truly loved her trip - we had a blast!!! I wish I could continue to take the girls on their own individual trips forever - it's so fun just having that one on one time with them!

I know - right!!! I just hope they don't arrive tomorrow - Josh has the day off of work, and how in the world am I going to explain another new pair of shoes??? YIKES!!! :eek: You should see our shoe closet - to top it off - V and I wear the same size and we are known to share shoes a lot... I especially like her Birks. LOL

I totally understand - I felt like such a hoarder for months while we lived in utter chaos... It was so hard! I am glad you got it all done! And I am looking forward to seeing pictures when you get them uploaded! It sounds really nice! :lovestruc

Thanks! You too! :lovestruc

Sounds like a pretty good day, even if it didn't go as planned. I understand about the nails- I cannot sew as well with long nails either, but it does make you feel nice to have them "done". Good for you for voting and for Allison to start early and participating. We had to send our ballots in several weeks ago to make sure they got there on time and counted.

Like everyone else, I am on pins and needles to find out what happened to V at the Poly!?! Garden Grill looks like a lot of fun. We have never eaten there. Is that the place where they use the vegetables that they grow in the Land Pavillion? I lol'd at Chip covering up your Donald! I love seeing Spaceship Earth at night- there's just nothing like it anywhere!

It's getting colder here and we are loving it! Emma is really hoping for snow as we lived the last 3 years in Southern California and didn't have much winter there. Everyone has a long weekend here for the Marine Corps Birthday (10th) and Veterans Day. I am hoping we can go to Hiroshima to do some Christmas shopping this weekend. Also, they are finally showing a movie that I want to see on the base theater "The Girl on the Train". I read the book, & I have been hoping they would play it. DH agreed to stay home with the girls, so I can go. Hope you have a great Thursday!

Hehehe... Mine were so long - I couldn't even thread my machine anymore... And I am changing thread all day long. LOL It was definitely a process to get the thread in the needle over the last week. LOL

We could have mailed our ballots in long ago - however - once all of the campaigns started to get nasty, we chose to wait - just in case anything developed. I am glad we did - as we all really struggled with our votes. I am glad you got your ballots in to be counted - it's so important!

I'll explain the Poly situation below - it really wasn't that big of a deal - I didn't mean to make it sound like it was. :)

Yes - GG is where they use all of the veggies grown right there - it's really delicious! And the food seems to be less heavy than elsewhere in Disney... I dunno? I really like it... And I like that they bring the food to you, vs. having to go to a buffet to get it - I prefer those types of meals. ::yes::

Soooo excited for you that you get to go see your movie... I haven't heard of that one, I will have to go look it up. ::yes:: Enjoy your time out!!! :lovestruc

And I hope you get snow too... I am hoping it stays away for as long as possible. LOL Although I am really getting the itch to decorate for Christmas this year - now that our main living areas are redone - I cannot WAIT to see them all Christmassy!!! :woohoo:

I really like Epcot at night. Future World is usually nice and empty.

I love the 20% discount.

I know - me too - it is really nice at night... I wish we would have had the energy to stay.

I Know - that 20% discount at many places was so lovely!!! ::yes::

**********************************************************************************************************

First - let me elaborate on V and the Poly... I didn't mean to insinuate that it was a big deal - it really wasn't. Rather than take a nap that day - she chose to take the Shady Shuttle to the Poly (and back) to go to the store... So, by the time the evening rolled around she was so tired, we didn't stay in Epcot as long as she originally wanted to... And the exhaustion never really left her from here out... My girl - who can usually stay awake until the wee hours of morning on a regular basis (much to our dismay) - had a really tough time in Disney, and it affected our entire trip... I let her take the lead on much of our trip... And many times, from here out, she opted to nap and rest... However, she never really did catch back up & most times, it was very difficult to wake her... Lots and lots of Starbucks bribes. ::yes:: I feel like, had she taken the opportunity to rest with me that first day, it would have been easier for her later. I am not certain about that, it's just my thought on it. ::yes::

***********************************************************************************************************

I had a really awesome day yesterday!

I worked out right away in the morning... And then I had a good breakfast.

I worked upstairs and made excellent progress on my custom orders - I am now ahead, as I predicted I would be. ::yes:: Which is always nice.

I decided yesterday that I was DONE with my Disney nails - as much as I love them - they were just getting annoyingly long and it was getting extremely difficult to work with them. So, I called my nail salon and made an appointment to have them filled (remember, I got acrylics this time).

So, once I finished with work for the day - I was able to be done a little early... I got ready and went to town for my appointment. I was a little sad to be getting rid of my Disney nails so early - as I like to keep them on as long as possible... It was then, that I decided, phooey on that - I am going to have them done again... and I did. I put my exact same Disney nails on. LOL I've received so many compliments on them since I'd been back, so - I thought, why not? And bonus - no one has even noticed that I had my nails redone. :woohoo:

Having a little Disney in my life makes me happy - and if I can't plan a trip - I'll find another way. ::yes::

20161109_141204_HDR.jpg

And even funnier - while I was talking to my nail tech - telling him that I wanted to keep my same nails because I'd received so many compliments on them - the lady sitting next to me asked to see them - and of course, she loved them too... And then she saw my AnA bracelets - so we had a long conversation about those... I love talking Disney in real life! ::yes::

Anyways... I picked V up from school and brought her to Anna's house.

I came home, made dinner - leftover country style pork ribs and baked potatoes... It was really good. However - I noticed that I had a killer headache last night... And I also had one a few nights ago - possibly the last night we had pork ribs... I wonder if I don't have some sort of reaction to pork??? Something I am going to take note of and watch. These headaches have been coming out of nowhere lately and they don't make much sense... The dehydration ones in WDW did - but other than that... I am just going to watch it. ::yes::

And that's all - I fell asleep in my recliner last night, waiting for Allison to come home.

Today... I will work out this morning - it's a heavy lifting day. My eating has been right on track for the last several days... I am doing a challenge on FB with a few of my close sewing friends - and it's been hugely helpful for me as a reset of sorts. :woohoo: I am feeling good and I feel like I am making progress again - which has been HUGE for my self-confidence and self-image.

I plan to work for a little while this morning, and then I have an appointment this after noon... I also have to hit the grocery store, as we are OUT of butter... I typically buy several pounds at a time, and I always stock up in our basement freezers - well, I guess I haven't purchased butter in a long time, as we are WIPED out! LOL So, it's on my list and it's something that we cannot live without... ::yes::

V works tonight - so I'll pick her up from school and take her to work.

Josh is making burgers on the grill tonight - which I am excited about - I love burgers on the grill! :woohoo:

That's it.

I hope you all have a great day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you!

D~

I came home, made dinner - leftover country style pork ribs and baked potatoes... It was really good. However - I noticed that I had a killer headache last night... And I also had one a few nights ago - possibly the last night we had pork ribs... I wonder if I don't have some sort of reaction to pork??? Something I am going to take note of and watch. These headaches have been coming out of nowhere lately and they don't make much sense... The dehydration ones in WDW did - but other than that... I am just going to watch it.
Do you know what was on the ribs? I find that I sometimes react to additives in food. I'm always surprised when I read the ingredients on spice jars what is in some of them.

I do love those nails also...awesome that you had them done again. I very rarely do my nails...and always myself...but I may have to do them for this upcoming trip also.

Sorry about the headaches...I'm sure that must suck especially when you can't figure out what is causing them.

I kinda thought the same thing about V and the Poly...that you were just saying she regretted it because she was more tired that night. I hadn't even considered that there might be MORE to the story. I'm sure lack of sleep can really get to you for days though.

I'm planning our trip with lots of chances for breaks for everybody, if they want to take advantage of them. We'll see how that goes.

How great that you are keeping your Disney nails for a little longer. :woohoo:

It's a good idea to write down each time you eat pork if you get a headache or not. Can it be some of the spices you used with the pork that you have a reaction to?

Sounds like the eating challenge you're doing on Facebook is a good idea for you to follow. I hope you guys keep it going there for a while :hug:

Today I went to the garage to get them to take a look at my car. There were 3 things I wanted them to take a look at. i expected them to just take a look and give me an appointment so they could get it all done. To my surprise my contact person from NAV was at the garage as well. So we talked a little about the car as well. The back door looked liked was a quick fixed. They adjusted a spring that looked liked was causing the trouble and then we tried the back door and it worked fine. They also told me to get some silicone on the door and some oil to get it to function as it should. The weather change under and over freezing point can cause the door to need silicon several times during winter because the rubber around the door react to the change in temperature.

I also told them that the pedals aren't like I want them to be and the board on the floor that makes the floor a little higher is 1 inch too short so now my foot slips off the board all the time when I'm driving. They have to think about how they are going to solve that problem. So I got an appointment on Tuesday morning to get that fixed. I also complained that the angle of the pedals are not right because I have to lift my ankle very much to get my foot on the pedal. They tried to adjust it while I was there today. I have to drive some more and see if the adjustment is enough.

Hey there D! I thought you said you were going to go slower on your TR:) I was so behind! Work and other stuff has kept me busy lately.

Love the decision to re-do the Disney nails; no rules on keeping a little Disney in our lives to keep the smiles going.

I loved your Pinocchio shirt. That is so awesome. I can't ever seem to find adult Disney T-shirts that aren't too cutesy.

I absolutely love Epcot. Where else in the world is there a place like the World Showcase? The gardens by Canada are so beautiful. Interesting about Soarin'; there seem to be mixed reviews. I wish they had never changed TT; the old one was way better. We really enjoyed Sunshine Seasons at lunch time when we were there a few years ago. Good, healthy selection.

I wonder why some Starbucks, like at SoG and some of the Target Starbucks do not take GC's. The airport Starbucks do. I wonder what the rules are. I couldn't survive work without some Starbucks. I broke my cup, full of coffee, this morning. I am going to go Starbucks at lunch; not enough coffee. One of those mornings. And yesterday I locked my keys in the car.

Love your new Vans. Shane is the Vans wearer in the family. He has maroon and red; and wants black now. He always has to order a 1/2 size up.

Glad Allison and Shane got to vote for the first time; even though it wasn't the best election to vote in. At least we are teaching them the importance of voting, even for county issues. Not enough young people take the time to research and vote.

Sounds like you and Josh are having some fun dates. Love your Christmas gift to each other. That will be so much fun!

Keep those updates coming! So enjoying them and seeing those beautiful smiles on you both.

Going to go pretend to work; I need coffee.

Love and hugs.

I am following along and just got all caught up! I have our second stay at SoG coming up, first was in May. I never used any of the transportation since I have a heavy stroller which I LOVE for everything BUT folding up lol, so I always just walked to the Poly or TTC (or drove my car to AK & DHS). Anyway, are the SoG buses similar to Disney ones? Did you have to wait long?

My room was on the 3rd floor right above where you were, I loved the location and the space!

I love your bracelets. Are they adjustable? Are they heavy? Can you only purchase them at DW?

im glad you kept your Disney nails. I think it's awesome to keep the things you love in your everyday life. I wear my Disney tshirts on just about all my off days. My friend laughed bc in a picture from my son's birthday my husband and I both had on Disney shirts and she thought we did it on purpose. Nope. We just both wear a lot of Disney. I keep a Disney keychain on both sets of car keys. I just enjoy the everyday reminders of my happy place. I'd like the bracelets if I were that kind of person. The only thing I can stand on my wrists is hairbands.

Silly question about the pizza. The Quattro formaggio. Is there any sauce on that? Because it looks absolutely delicious but I'm weird about Italian sauces.

I'm laughing over V and the Poly-non situation. I thought maybe in her wandering she had found a new favorite resort (don't we all wish!)or next go round had gotten massively lost. But I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

Do you know what was on the ribs? I find that I sometimes react to additives in food. I'm always surprised when I read the ingredients on spice jars what is in some of them.

Actually - no I don't. I rarely purchase meat that is seasoned - however - this time I did. I didn't even think of the seasoning... :scratchin Thanks for the added idea - it's entirely possible. ::yes::

I do love those nails also...awesome that you had them done again. I very rarely do my nails...and always myself...but I may have to do them for this upcoming trip also.

Sorry about the headaches...I'm sure that must suck especially when you can't figure out what is causing them.

I kinda thought the same thing about V and the Poly...that you were just saying she regretted it because she was more tired that night. I hadn't even considered that there might be MORE to the story. I'm sure lack of sleep can really get to you for days though.

I'm planning our trip with lots of chances for breaks for everybody, if they want to take advantage of them. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks! Even yesterday - I had 3 different people stop me to ask me about them. LOL I guess everyone loves a little disney or dots in their life!

Yes - I used to get headaches all the time, and when I cut out the junk and processed foods - my headaches dropped dramatically - now I can usually always find the culprit quickly... It's just happening more and more frequently lately... :scratchin

Yes - and we all know that V's sleep is VERY important... I think she is STILL trying to catch up from our trip? :scratchin

Good - breaks are so important! We had a LOT of them!

i was going to say the same it might not be the actual pork but whats on the pork!
Pork = Bacon
Bacon is life.

True - I didn't even think of the seasonings... These were pre-seasoned, something I don't normally buy - so it's entirely possible that this could be what it is.

Yaaaaaas!!!! I agree! :woohoo:

How great that you are keeping your Disney nails for a little longer.

It's a good idea to write down each time you eat pork if you get a headache or not. Can it be some of the spices you used with the pork that you have a reaction to?

Sounds like the eating challenge you're doing on Facebook is a good idea for you to follow. I hope you guys keep it going there for a while :hug:

Today I went to the garage to get them to take a look at my car. There were 3 things I wanted them to take a look at. i expected them to just take a look and give me an appointment so they could get it all done. To my surprise my contact person from NAV was at the garage as well. So we talked a little about the car as well. The back door looked liked was a quick fixed. They adjusted a spring that looked liked was causing the trouble and then we tried the back door and it worked fine. They also told me to get some silicone on the door and some oil to get it to function as it should. The weather change under and over freezing point can cause the door to need silicon several times during winter because the rubber around the door react to the change in temperature.

I also told them that the pedals aren't like I want them to be and the board on the floor that makes the floor a little higher is 1 inch too short so now my foot slips off the board all the time when I'm driving. They have to think about how they are going to solve that problem. So I got an appointment on Tuesday morning to get that fixed. I also complained that the angle of the pedals are not right because I have to lift my ankle very much to get my foot on the pedal. They tried to adjust it while I was there today. I have to drive some more and see if the adjustment is enough.

Yes - I am so excited to have my Disney nails for a bit longer!

And I will definitely be writing down my headaches - maybe I can figure out the problem - I am starting to think it could have been the seasoning on them though, as I'd purchased them already seasoned in the store - and who knows what they actually put on them?

The eating challenge is going very well - today is Day 6, and it's very helpful at the moment to keep me accountable - which is just what I needed. ::yes::

Hopefully they are able to get all of the adjustments done on your car easily and it works better for you after! Good luck! :lovestruc

Hey there D! I thought you said you were going to go slower on your TR:) I was so behind! Work and other stuff has kept me busy lately.

Love the decision to re-do the Disney nails; no rules on keeping a little Disney in our lives to keep the smiles going.

I loved your Pinocchio shirt. That is so awesome. I can't ever seem to find adult Disney T-shirts that aren't too cutesy.

I absolutely love Epcot. Where else in the world is there a place like the World Showcase? The gardens by Canada are so beautiful. Interesting about Soarin'; there seem to be mixed reviews. I wish they had never changed TT; the old one was way better. We really enjoyed Sunshine Seasons at lunch time when we were there a few years ago. Good, healthy selection.

I wonder why some Starbucks, like at SoG and some of the Target Starbucks do not take GC's. The airport Starbucks do. I wonder what the rules are. I couldn't survive work without some Starbucks. I broke my cup, full of coffee, this morning. I am going to go Starbucks at lunch; not enough coffee. One of those mornings. And yesterday I locked my keys in the car.

Love your new Vans. Shane is the Vans wearer in the family. He has maroon and red; and wants black now. He always has to order a 1/2 size up.

Glad Allison and Shane got to vote for the first time; even though it wasn't the best election to vote in. At least we are teaching them the importance of voting, even for county issues. Not enough young people take the time to research and vote.

Sounds like you and Josh are having some fun dates. Love your Christmas gift to each other. That will be so much fun!

Keep those updates coming! So enjoying them and seeing those beautiful smiles on you both.

Going to go pretend to work; I need coffee.

Love and hugs.

Hi Carol!!!

I am going slower! LOL The last 2 TRs, I've done 2-3 updates per day... This one, I am only doing 2-3 per week. LOL

I agree - I think I may try to do my Disney nails a bit more often... Although the next ones I do will be Christmas. ::yes::

Thanks - I really loved the Pinocchio shirt too - more so for the cut of it than anything... It's a super flattering cut on me, and it covers my rear in leggings - a HUGE bonus for all of you! :lmao:

Very true - there is no where in the world like Epcot... It is a cool park - and it's only my 3rd favorite because there are 2 more out there that I like better. LOL

I do know that the Starbucks in SoG isn't really a Starbucks - they serve Starbucks coffee, and have the basic Starbucks menu (no seasonal drinks) - and they are not called "Starbucks" they are called the Java Cafe... I am not sure why they just didn't call them Starbucks? I never asked if they take Starbucks GCs, I just assumed they didn't. I also know, all of the Starbucks here in MN that are within a Target store DO take the Starbucks (and Target) GCs - on top of that, I can use my TM discount when I pay with a Starbucks GC.... So, you should be able to do that at your Starbucks within your Target stores - as they should all be on the same system. ::yes::

I hope you were able to get some much needed coffee yesterday! :lovestruc Bummer about your mug - I would be so sad!

Thanks!!! I feel ya Shane - I want a pair of plain black ones next... They also have Donald Duck blue, which I also hope to get before my next trip. ::yes::

Yes - I am so glad they were both able to vote - even if it was a difficult election. :hug:

We are having a lot of fun spending time together - it's been very good for us. :lovestruc We are both looking forward to doing more!

Thanks! I hope you had a great day and a good weekend! :lovestruc

I am following along and just got all caught up! I have our second stay at SoG coming up, first was in May. I never used any of the transportation since I have a heavy stroller which I LOVE for everything BUT folding up lol, so I always just walked to the Poly or TTC (or drove my car to AK & DHS). Anyway, are the SoG buses similar to Disney ones? Did you have to wait long?

My room was on the 3rd floor right above where you were, I loved the location and the space!

Yay!!! Isn't SoG just the best hidden gem out there??? I love it!

Yes - the SoG buses are almost exactly like the Disney ones, as far as set up and looks... They are just pained with the SoG logo. You would have to look at the bus schedule when you check in - as they do put out a monthly bus schedule. It seems that most people have a huge like/dislike for the scheduled buses. For me - I like them... I usually take a picture of the schedule at the beginning of the trip - so I can look at it while we are in the parks... That way - if I am at the back of AK, and I know that the bus will be there in 30 minutes - I should probably not waste any time getting to the bus stop. As they do leave on time, every time. Many times - the bus pick up and drop off is much better located than even the Disney buses - and that is so nice!

I agree- that is just a really great location! If I were to ever stay there with both of the girls though - I would NEED one of the rooms with the other bathroom configuration. ::yes:: I don't think we would all come out alive otherwise. LOL

I love your bracelets. Are they adjustable? Are they heavy? Can you only purchase them at DW?

Thank you! I love them too - they have been so much fun to add to. They are slightly adjustable... They kind of click open, so you can get them on... Their closed position is a loose bangle - so they do slide around, but they are not big enough to slide over your hand. You can purchase them at alexandani.com or there are special Disney versions that you can only get at Disney or on the Shop Disney app... There is also a plain Alex and Ani store in Disney Springs, which sells the full inventory of the regular AnA store plus the Disney versions.

On this trip - I finally discovered the wraps... I've been collecting the bangles all of this time... And I admit - I cannot wear them around the house or while I am working - they just slide around too much - and I would hate to have a catastrophe while I am sewing because one of them gets caught or something. The wraps are typically beaded, and they fit much tighter on my wrist - I like that much better. I find, now that I am home - I wear all of my wraps every day with just a few of my bangles... I like that look a lot. ::yes:: I"ll be showing more pictures as the TR progresses, as I found several on this trip that I love! :)

im glad you kept your Disney nails. I think it's awesome to keep the things you love in your everyday life. I wear my Disney tshirts on just about all my off days. My friend laughed bc in a picture from my son's birthday my husband and I both had on Disney shirts and she thought we did it on purpose. Nope. We just both wear a lot of Disney. I keep a Disney keychain on both sets of car keys. I just enjoy the everyday reminders of my happy place. I'd like the bracelets if I were that kind of person. The only thing I can stand on my wrists is hairbands.

Silly question about the pizza. The Quattro formaggio. Is there any sauce on that? Because it looks absolutely delicious but I'm weird about Italian sauces.

I'm laughing over V and the Poly-non situation. I thought maybe in her wandering she had found a new favorite resort (don't we all wish!)or next go round had gotten massively lost. But I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

Thanks! I love having them at home too... I am just not sure I want them all of the time? As they are sort-of a special thing, and I want them to stay that way. ::yes::

I don't wear my Disney shirts all of the time... For some reason - I prefer my Disney love to be more subtle... I wear a LOT of dots... Several scarves with hidden/not so hidden Mickeys. The only time I really wear my Tees is in the summer with shorts or in the winter with sweats... :scratchin But I will admit - I do freak out a little when I see people out wearing Disney stuff... I always think that those people are kindred spirits! :lovestruc

If I remember correctly - it had a white sauce. There definitely wasn't a red sauce on there... So, it was either white or none. ::yes:: But pretty sure it was white. LOL

Thanks - I agree - well she DOES love the Poly... LOL I just don't ever foresee me being able to afford to stay there. It's just too much - when I can stay at SoG for so much less and spend a TON of time at the Poly. ::yes:: We are so close - it's almost as if we are staying there too.

******************************************************************************************************

I had a pretty nice day yesterday... I did my heavy lifting right away, as usual. My eating was right on track all day - which is great! :woohoo:

I worked for a while in the morning, and I was able to make good progress on this week's order.

Then I got ready for my appointment... Went to that... Stopped at Michael's to shop a little... I've been purchasing a few small holiday decor items - trying not to buy too much as I have TON in the basement from the 70% and 90% sales last year, and I don't quite remember all that I have... I am really getting in the mood to start my Christmas decorating, but trying to refrain until after Thanksgiving weekend. It's really hard, because many people in my decor groups on FB have their houses fully decorated for Christmas, and they just look so lovely. GAH!!! Must wait!!! LOL

I did stop at Starbucks yesterday... Rather than obliterate it out of my life totally - I've settled on a compromise of every-other-day, for now. LOL I am just too addicted, and must wean myself slowly. LOL

I wore my new boots out... Those were tough - my feet are NOT used to wearing heels, but I thought they were super cute! They made me feel very put together. ::yes::

Screenshot_2016-11-10-14-26-07.png

When I got home, we discovered that our hockey jerseys had been delivered... I truly debated on whether to get a medium or a large - I ordered a large, as that is typically what I wear in men's tees... I think I could have gotten away with a medium easily - and maybe even a small - these things are HUGE! We are excited to have our Aces gear now! However - I am a bit miffed that I had to pay $23 to ship, when the label clearly says they paid $6.45... I don't mind a bit extra to pay for handling and supplies, but I do think that $16+ is a bit excessive. ::yes::

20161110_164219.jpg

Otherwise we relaxed for the remainder of the night.

Josh is off of work for Veteran's day... So - thank you to all of you who have served, families included - as the family left behind serves too. I am always painfully reminded of this, at this time of year, as this is the same time of year that Josh left us 12 years ago... I remember the weeks prior to and after he left as some of the darkest in my life... Every moment was a moment of sheer dread and panic for 16 months... A person and a family never truly gets over that. To this day, my girls and I still deal with some of the residual from those days, weeks, months - and we will forever carry that within us - Just as Josh will carry his experience with him. So, this day, for many, while it's a day to honor those who served - it's also a day I remember what once was and the dreams that once were... It's a day to grieve for a life that we never got the chance to live. Saying "Happy Veteran's Day" really seems wrong - as there really is nothing happy about it. However - it is a day filled with pride for those who were brave enough to sacrifice for all of us - for that I am grateful. :lovestruc

So, I will be working out right away this morning. I was hoping to have time for an update today - but I think it will have to wait for tomorrow.

I am hoping to finish this week's custom order today.

I also have to go to town - as usual. LOL

I hope you all have a great weekend! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

I'm glad you decided to keep your Disney nails. They're really cute. Sorry your boots bother you feet.
Sorry V.'s still recovering form the lack of sleep at Disney. My daughter was like that, too. She still needs more sleep that I do.
I'm still sewing blocks together for the quilt. The ones I've finished look nice.
Work has been a little frustrating lately. Some days it seems like I'm the only one working and the guys that are supposed to be helping are too busy standing around talking. Today should be better, The guy that I'm working with today actually works and we can bounce ideas off each other.
I keep forgetting to tell you that my niece had her baby. She had a girl and named her Vera Rose. I haven't had a chance to see her yet.
Have a good day
Liz

I'm such a slacker and like I told you a horrible DISer! Okay your not too far in and I can catch up! :jumping1:

My first thought on your headaches was caffeine withdrawal since you were giving up Starbucks. Then I saw that didn't last, LOL. I had a friend whose doctor told her to cut back on coffee, for other reasons. But if she had to drink it she had to drink 2 cups of water for every cup of coffee since it is so dehydrating. Just a thought.

How fun that you kept your Disney nails. I've never had my nails done and I don't know what I would do with long nails. Mine break easily so I'd have to get fake for sure.

I just got some new shirts for Disney. They are for the 45th anniversary and also say passholder on them. I don't wear too many Disney shirts on a regular basis, but I do have some old sweatshirts that I wear in the winter when they don't look good enough for Disney anymore.

I'm actually glad you're going a little slower so your report lasts longer. Not sure what I will do without your morning updates if you don't have a trip planned. I look forward to them every morning and feel like I know you without ever meeting you.

Ouch on the boots, but you're right, they are SO cute and your legs look put together :)

Love your jerseys!! YES, hockey "sweaters" (my husband always corrects me when I call them jerseys!!) always run much bigger. Learned that the hard way. My first one I got a large and we could probably wear it together :rotfl:. The next one I bought was a Kids XL. Way better :)

Thank you to Josh and all of the families like yours who sacrifice so much. My class just came back from our Veteran's Day Mass, and all I kept thinking was TODAY I feel proud to be an American...it's been a little rough the past couple of days! :cheer2:

I'm glad you decided to keep your Disney nails. They're really cute. Sorry your boots bother you feet.
Sorry V.'s still recovering form the lack of sleep at Disney. My daughter was like that, too. She still needs more sleep that I do.
I'm still sewing blocks together for the quilt. The ones I've finished look nice.
Work has been a little frustrating lately. Some days it seems like I'm the only one working and the guys that are supposed to be helping are too busy standing around talking. Today should be better, The guy that I'm working with today actually works and we can bounce ideas off each other.
I keep forgetting to tell you that my niece had her baby. She had a girl and named her Vera Rose. I haven't had a chance to see her yet.
Have a good day
Liz

Thanks! I just need to break them in, I think - I hope. ::yes::

Yes - V definitely needs more sleep than anyone I know. LOL She's always been that way. I fear she'd sleep her life away if we let her. :scratchin

Yay for making progress on your quilt - that's awesome!

I hope work truly did go better for you yesterday.

Awwwwh... What a beautiful name! I hope you get to meet her soon!

I'm such a slacker and like I told you a horrible DISer! Okay your not too far in and I can catch up! :jumping1:

There you are!!! Cindy - it's great to see you here!

Yes - it's pretty easy to catch up, I am only starting day 3 - hopefully today. ::yes::

Miss ya - my friend! :hug:

My first thought on your headaches was caffeine withdrawal since you were giving up Starbucks. Then I saw that didn't last, LOL. I had a friend whose doctor told her to cut back on coffee, for other reasons. But if she had to drink it she had to drink 2 cups of water for every cup of coffee since it is so dehydrating. Just a thought.

How fun that you kept your Disney nails. I've never had my nails done and I don't know what I would do with long nails. Mine break easily so I'd have to get fake for sure.

I just got some new shirts for Disney. They are for the 45th anniversary and also say passholder on them. I don't wear too many Disney shirts on a regular basis, but I do have some old sweatshirts that I wear in the winter when they don't look good enough for Disney anymore.

I'm actually glad you're going a little slower so your report lasts longer. Not sure what I will do without your morning updates if you don't have a trip planned. I look forward to them every morning and feel like I know you without ever meeting you.

Hahaha... Exactly... Grrrr... Starbucks has totally got me wrapped around their finger. Interesting about the coffee though... :scratchin Typically, I work out right after I drink my morning coffee - so I drink a lot of water at that time... It's in the afternoon when I struggle, because I do cut back on my water consumption after dinner, otherwise I am up all night. :scratchin Something to keep in mind... However, so far, the headaches don't seem to correlate with my Starbucks days...

I used to get my nails done all of the time... And then there were kids. LOL I also had them done a lot a few years ago - but then when I had these 3 trips in one year come up - I cut off anything that wasn't necessary. Now, I am hoping to keep up with them a little better, as I love having them done - and it costs so little for as much as I like them. ::yes::

Cute!!! I really wanted the MNSSHP Passholder tee shirt when I was in Disney - but then I looked at it and thought about the only reason I wanted it was because it said "passholder" on it - otherwise it was ugly. LOL So, V helped me decide to get the Hocus Pocus one instead - as that movie is close to our heart. :lovestruc

Awwwh... Thank you!!! I don't know what I am going to do either? I will miss you all so terribly!

Ouch on the boots, but you're right, they are SO cute and your legs look put together

Love your jerseys!! YES, hockey "sweaters" (my husband always corrects me when I call them jerseys!!) always run much bigger. Learned that the hard way. My first one I got a large and we could probably wear it together. The next one I bought was a Kids XL. Way better

Thank you to Josh and all of the families like yours who sacrifice so much. My class just came back from our Veteran's Day Mass, and all I kept thinking was TODAY I feel proud to be an American...it's been a little rough the past couple of days!

Hehehe... Thanks! I do love them! Now, if I could figure out what to wear to a wedding today? :scratchin I think I tried on every dress in my closet last night? LOL

Thanks! LOL Yes - I guess they are technically sweaters... I am glad we have them though - even if mine is quite large... I'd rather have it too big than too small. ::yes:: You are quite small though - I am not sure I could pull off a child's size? :scratchin LOL

You're welcome... I agree - these last few days and the destruction have been very difficult to watch. Praying for peace. :lovestruc

***************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a good day... I did my work out right away in the morning... And then I worked upstairs. I was totally done with my work day by 9:30 am. ::yes:: Which is pretty good for me. LOL I am officially caught up now. :woohoo:

Then I took a nap. :lmao: I had such a hard time waking up yesterday - I had no problem taking a nap that early.

I ran to town and did some errands... I had to drop Allison's shoes off at school - she forgot them...

I picked V up from school - we stopped at Chipotle to get the BOGO for Veterans yesterday for Josh and I for dinner, I also purchased an extra one for V. ::yes:: I took her right to work.

Josh and I were going to go see a movie... V wants to see Dr. Strange - we couldn't see that one without her - so we opted to rent one at home. We rented the new Star Trek movie - it was actually pretty good. I was surprised. I don't normally get into sci-fi stuff like that.

After the movie - it was like 8:30pm, so I decided I better go upstairs and try on what I was planning to wear to the wedding today... UGH! That didn't go well. It was NOT flattering on me in any way. So then I had to try on every other thing in my closet... In the end - I think I've decided on what I am wearing? However, I couldn't find a single one of my black tank tops (I only own about a million of them) - pretty sure they are all in the girls' rooms... So, I had to make a Target run at 9:30 last night - just for a darn tank top. I love going to weddings... I have a bazillion items in my closet that are appropriate for any sort of wedding in the spring and summer... However - everything I own that is appropriate for a formal fall/winter wedding is black - and before I know it, I look like I am going to a funeral... It's super frustrating. I hope I can break up the black a little bit with a cute scarf and call it good. ::yes:: We'll see... Wish me luck.

Which brings me to today... I am definitely doing a TR update here this morning.

Then I will get ready for the wedding... The girls and I will be on the road for the majority of the day today... As the wedding is 3 hours away. We are also planning a quick stop to visit my dad. Hopefully we will make it home at a decent hour tonight. With 3 of us able to drive - we should be OK as far as drivers... I do LOVE that part about the girls growing up, it makes trips like this a bit easier. ::yes::

It's my cousin getting married... I used to live with her family as a child... She is marrying a man who was 3 years ahead of me in high school. This is the second one of her sisters who married a guy I went to high school with (in a totally different town than what they live in) and they both met with out any help from me. It's a little bizarre... but nice. :) So, I am sure I will know a little bit of everyone there.

And that's all for my plans today. It should be a long day for the girls and I - but we should be OK.

I hope you all have a great day today! And a great weekend! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you!

D~

Monday, October 17 - Day 3 Part 1

My apologies in advance, the pictures on this day are limited... You all are stuck with either selfies or pictures of Victoria - LOL We didn't have anyone with us to take pictures, and many times we had to leave our phones locked in the lockers.

I was up at 4:45 on my own. I still wanted to sleep - but I was awake.

I did a quick coffee/FB/Dis on the balcony, and then I got ready for our day.

I was a little bummed, due to a last minute scheduling conflict - Santos wasn't able to spend this day with us, as we had planned for months. He was still able to give us a ride in the morning though - so that was super helpful! :lovestruc

I woke V up at 6:15 - and she was pretty easy to wake, which was good.

I updated my trip journal while she got ready.

We were out of our room at 7:15, stopping at Starbucks on our way out the door for the 3 of us... We went outside and waited for Santos...

*For the record... V made her scarf before we left. :lovestruc

20161017_073638_1.jpg

Santos dropped us off at Universal...

20161017_081230.jpg

V and I went directly to Guest Services to trade in our paper vouchers for our actual park tickets - we had no issues, and I was so relieved. This line was super long and it took us a while to get through it - which I was afraid of. This really set us behind the crowds all day - which was a bummer!

Once we finished at GS, we headed into Universal Studios proper - by this time, it was 8:35... The park had been open for 35 minutes - which was not good for us.

20161017_081525.jpg

I was feeling a little OK as we were walking back to Diagon Alley - the park wasn't crowded at all...

20161017_083045.jpg

20161017_083845.jpg

Then I got to thinking - it's not crowded because everyone was back there... Sure enough...

20161017_084155_HDR.jpg

I love seeing my girls' first glimpses of this area - it's done so perfectly - I cannot say enough good about how amazing it truly is. Victoria didn't cry like Allison did... but she was truly in shock - she wasn't prepared to walk around the brick wall, like she did, and look up to see all of this. I really loved seeing the shock and joy on her face!

I didn't give her much time to look though - I really wanted to get in the line for Gringotts asap... I knew it was getting longer and longer by the moment. I promised her, after that ride, we could wander around until her heart was content.

Sadly - when I was planning our outfits, I wasn't thinking to bring anything where we could keep our phones on our person... So, everything - including our phones (which were our cameras) went into the lockers... Kind of a bummer two-fold, as we didn't have a camera to take pictures, and the long lines were pretty boring - as we didn't have our default boredom busters... To shed light on it though - we did get to converse with each other a lot, so that was good. :lovestruc

Anyways - the Gringotts line was exactly 45 minutes long... V LOVED it! As I knew she would. That first drop/hill wasn't as big as I remembered it being. Overall - it was a great ride! Worth the 45 minute wait? No, not really. But it was worth it this time, so V could experience it. ::yes:: At first - when she saw how long the ride was - she wanted to exit the line... But I told her "no way"... It would only get longer through out the day... And I was right.

After Gringotts, V wanted to do the wand experience... She was not chosen, though it was good experience. Of course - we wandered the wand shop after, and she decided not to get a wand... I was a little happy about this, as I didn't want to lug a wand around with us all day - and try to figure out how to get it in the lockers with all of our stuff. :scratchin

We looked around all of the shops... We decided this was an excellent time to try butterbeer. So, V got a butterbeer and I purchased a Pumpkin Juice... Since I missed that one in January... Both were very good and did not disappoint.

20161017_095435.jpg

20161017_095624.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-18-06-57-07.png

Literally, as we were walking out of the butterbeer line with our treats in hand, we decided we were hungry and it was time for a meal...

So we walked over to the Leaky Couldrin - we opted to split a breakfast - which was OK. It did the trick. And bonus - it came with a drink... What's better than one butterbeer?

20161017_100858.jpg

20161017_101348.jpg

We decided that it was time to head over to Hogsmeade... On our way to the train station - we stopped to talk to the Night Bus driver...

20161017_102836.jpg

20161017_102848.jpg

I told V nothing about the train ride... As far as she knew - she was boarding a regular train...

So, did she like it?​

Link to Day 3 Part 2

D~

Last edited:
It's my cousin getting married... I used to live with her family as a child... She is marrying a man who was 3 years ahead of me in high school. This is the second one of her sisters who married a guy I went to high school with (in a totally different town than what they live in) and they both met with out any help from me. It's a little bizarre... but nice. :) So, I am sure I will know a little bit of everyone there.
That will be nice to see people that you grew up with. :) My father in law and his brother both married women who were from the same town, a town about 30 miles from where the men lived. I think it was a typical small town thing. ;)

I love seeing my girls' first glimpses of this area - it's done so perfectly - I cannot say enough good about how amazing it truly is. Victoria didn't cry like Allison did... but she was truly in shock - she wasn't prepared to walk around the brick wall, like she did, and look up to see all of this. I really loved seeing the shock and joy on her face!
Was this the first time that Victoria has gone to Universal, or just the first time that she has been there since the HP stuff opened? I thought for sure that you had gone there before.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter