October 2015 Check-In Thread

Thank you OP for this thread! We are going to DL for our first trip arriving Oct 25-leaving Nov 1st! We will be staying at PPH and celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on Oct 29th and MHP on Oct 31st.
So excited can not wait to se and do it all. lol :jumping1:

We arrive at the DLH on Oct 25th and leave on Oct 30th!!!!

We are going to MHP on 10/27. The 4 of us will be dressed as Star Wars characters.

Our 2 year anniversary is 10/28 (we were married in at the GF in WDW) and will be gong to BB for an anniversary lunch!

Many other fun reservations and things planned. We are so excited and cannot wait until October!

Going to be there Oct 29th through Nov 2nd. Doing the Halloween party on the 31st!

I'll be in town October 21st thru 26th, flying solo most of the trip, but hitting MHP on 10/25 with my mom and possibly one of the aforementioned days I'll be attending with my sister (who lives locally & is trying to get time off work to come along for a day).

I've lived in Michigan for the past 16 years and haven't been to DL during that time, but I grew up literally down the road from DL, so I've been there tons of times. I can't wait to go back and see everything (and I cannot wait to see DCA for the first time!). Also, I've never managed to hit the park during Halloween, and as it is my FAVORITE holiday, I am super excited!

I'm thinking about making a reservation for Blue Bayou, but as I'd be dining by myself I'm not sure I'd enjoy it enough for the price. However, growing up, I *did* always long to dine there, so I kinda want to do it just to make my inner 8 year old happy.

As far as my plans for the trip...aside from attending MHP, I'm still deciding what else I'll be doing during my trip. As an avid gardener, I'm leaning towards possibly taking the Cultivating the Magic tour, but I'm definitely open to pretty much anything. I'm also considering getting the Photopass+ since I'll be alone and I'm terrible at taking selfies & it would be really fun to have good pics from my first solo DL trip and my first EVER Halloweentime trip (if anyone reading this has done the Photopass+ while in the park solo, I'd definitely be interested in hearing what you thought about your experience).

As my husband & I are planning to be back in town in May, I'm thinking about upgrading my current 5 day park hopper to an AP. I think I'll wait until I have a couple of days of solo Disneyland under my belt to see how I like it because I'm doubting I'll be able to talk my husband into going to Disneyland with me in May. My time in-park would probably be solo while he does things he likes that aren't my cup of tea (I.e., hitting up Six Flags Magic Mountain or something).

I'm pretty sure I'll love DL solo, but as I've never gone before without at least 4 other people I want to make sure I'll love it before investing the extra $$ for an AP.

Booked our Hotel today- Hotel Indigo for October 2-11th. Now to plan when we want to go where. Planning for 2 days at Knott's Berry Farm, 1 day at Universal Hollywood, and possibly a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain (still working out transportation options for a group of 8). We may end up with 5 Day Park Hoppers at Disneyland! Woo Hoo! Need to start looking into dining options...

Just heard that MHP is sold out for Halloween. I knew this was going to happen but thought I had enough time to clear my visa and book them. Guess it is another day instead. Any other tips on what to do on Halloween night for DS's 8 and 6 yo?

Bummed out Canadian Mickey fan.
:sad:

NEVER MIND! just went to DL website and still has tickets . Phew!!!

Still looking for suggestions though. lol

Just heard that MHP is sold out for Halloween. I knew this was going to happen but thought I had enough time to clear my visa and book them. Guess it is another day instead. Any other tips on what to do on Halloween night for DS's 8 and 6 yo?

Bummed out Canadian Mickey fan.
:sad:

NEVER MIND! just went to DL website and still has tickets . Phew!!!

Still looking for suggestions though. lol

Please stick with the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread for news of sellouts. This is why I try to contain a lot of the MHP and Halloween Time discussion to that thread -- when it gets out of that thread, sometimes the info that is passed along can be incorrect or misunderstood/misinterpreted. :goodvibes:

It is MNSSHP in Florida that is sold out for 10/31, not MHP.

Thank you Sherry. I am new to this board and still figuring out where to find all the super massive info. :o
This was on the FB page so I thought it was valid. My bad.
K

We are going to be there for our annual fall break weekend trip 10/2-10/5. MHP on the 2nd and a two day non hopper ticket for the 3rd and 4th. Hoping it isn't as hot as it has been the last few years. Staying at the Peacock Suites.

We'll be there October 11 - 15 at the villas at GC. We've got a lot to celebrate. Mine, my DS's and DD's birthdays are a week apart. Mine and DW's 20th Anniversary. DGD's first trip to DLR. Counting down the days!

We'll taking our very first trip to DL from Oct 10-14. We also got tickets to MHP on Oct 12th. While we've been to DW many times before, we've never done a Halloween party. Can't wait to go!

Checking in! Arriving October 2nd for 7 nights, split stay at PPH and DLH, and our third visit. Our flights have been booked since March, but only bought our 10 day hoppers today:dogdance:.

EXPENSIVE!

Last year they were around NZD$1400 (2A2C), this year with the exchange rate plus price rise, just over $2000! Still, worth every cent, and only about $100 more than 5 day hoppers. Stupid travel agent tried to sell us down to a 4 day hopper...

We're doing a bit of a California road trip, starting with 3 nights in SF, 1 Monterey, 1 Cambria, 2nights Yosemite, 2 nights LA, 7 nights DLR, finishing with 2 nights Santa Monica. Super excited about Yosemite, it was Mary-Jo's day 6 podcast that really got me interested in the place.

Not much more to plan or book now, and under 7 weeks before we fly out.

I'm another that begins my trip in September (25th), but ends in October. The October portion is 10/1-10/4. It will be myself and my daughter; staying at the DHL. We will be celebrating both of our birthdays and ending our "Year of Disney" (APs expire) on a high note! We have tix for MHP on Sept 28 and Oct 2 (my birthday!). We are so excited!

EXPENSIVE!

Last year they were around NZD$1400 (2A2C), this year with the exchange rate plus price rise, just over $2000! Still, worth every cent, and only about $100 more than 5 day hoppers. Stupid travel agent tried to sell us down to a 4 day hopper...

Super excited about Yosemite, it was Mary-Jo's day 6 podcast that really got me interested in the place.

Not much more to plan or book now, and under 7 weeks before we fly out.

I got our tickets last weekend at Flight Centre- luckily they price matched cheapest price I could find online but with the exchange rate it's still more expensive than I'd originally planned.

We did SF & Yosemite as our last big trip when I was pregnant with our oldest - loved it - we were there in September and it got pretty cold at nights if I remember rightly.

We will be at DLR from Oct 4 to 9 with MHP on the 7th. First time! Booked to stay at the new Courtyard with the waterpark so pretty excited about that.

Trying to finish my planning and get meals booked but the system doesn't want to play ball - wish they'd hurry up and open up the dates.

Flying out on the 25th September (less than 7 weeks to go!!) and staying in Santa Monica for a week or so first as a base to see SM, LA and Malibu.

We will be at DLR from October 16 - 21, getting there sometime on the 16th, will do DTD that evening and just take it easy after driving straight down from Vancouver, Canada. DL on the 17th and 21, DCA on the 18th, Universal on the 19th and will be taking a day off from parks on the 20th.

We'll have 17 or more of us at DL 10/24 - 10/28 and we'll be attending the 10/25 MHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter