October 2015 Check-In Thread

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
I've been waiting to see if one was going to be created, so I decided to take the intiative because I can't keep track of everyone in the Halloween thread!

We're going to be there from the 4th (afternoon arrival) until the 9th (early morning departure). We're doing the MHP on the 5th, along with Breakfast with Minnie that day (for DD10's b-day). On the 7th, we're having breakfast with the princesses (for DD8's b-day).

We're staying at PPH.

So. Excited!

I think that the reason an October thread wasn't started yet is because the discussions that tend to come up in October threads revolve around Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party, and we have a thread for that, as you know! I am assuming, because of that, no one thought to start one.

We also have a "Going in October" thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/going-in-october.3398452/page-2

Last edited:

My Husband, DS, and I will be arriving the 26th(late afternoon) and departing on the 31st(early afternoon). We will have dinner and check out DTD the day we arrive, Surf's Up breakfast and MPH 10/27. My sister will join us 10/28 and we will spend 3 days in the parks. Excited for my DS to turn 5 while we are there!

We will be there Oct 1 through Oct 3. We arrive (hopefully) late in the morning of the 1st from San Diego (taking a cruise there, coming up by Amtrak) and will be leaving around dinnertime on the 3rd as our flight home is 8:45pm that night. Going to cram in as much as we can :) but are not doing MHP.

Last edited:
We are going October 30 - November 2 and are staying at the Worldmark Anaheim. We are also doing the Halloween party on Halloween night and we are so excited!

Oct 28-Nov 2.
Staying at DLH.
Attending 2 Halloween parties 10/29 and 10/31
Just got back from 10 days at DLR on the 12th and can't wait to return!!!

We will be there Oct. 12 - 16. We are going to two parties one on the 12th and the one on the 14th. Right now the plan is to be the mice from Cinderellla for one of the parties, but we shall see if that pans out since I cannot sew.

Oct 13-18! Our trip starts as Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic (Oct 11- 16). We arrive as a group on Oct 13 to DL. We are booked for GC, not sure what class of room we will get. Not much planned, other then hopefully Blue Bayou with some sort of Fantasmic thing that Saturday night, Oct 17. I think that will be the only night it is running, based on previous years.

The ABD portion ends on Friday Oct 16, but we are staying the weekend to catch up on any rides we are missing. We are going to the Halloween Party, and I'm guessing that will be the 14th. I'm so used to controlling/booking everything...this feels...weird...like I got nothing to do to plan the trip.

I guess that is okay...considering we just finished planning my Dad's 80th birthday request- to go to Disneyworld, with all his grandkids, kids and spouses, we are a group of 10! We will be in WDW (Sept 1-7) 33 days before we leave for California...we booked California more then a year ago, and my Dad decided he wanted to do Disneyworld in Feb.

No Costumes for the Halloween party - luggage space is limited - only one large suitcase per person is allowed on ABD, and as it is, we might be trying to squeeze 1 1/2 per person. :P

We are long-time local WDW passholders and going to California Oct. 11-17; three of those days are going to be DL days. I've never been to DL and mom has only once, as a teenager. I'm so excited we can afford to go during the 60th anniversary! It's a dream trip. We were going to do the parks Mon, Tues, and Thurs until I realized Monday is a holiday and discovered Fantasmic will likely only be done on the weekends. :( I'd hoped to see it twice, but now it looks like we'll just be seeing it on the 16th. I guess we're spoiled by Hollywood Studios running it nightly, giving people the opportunity to see it on the less-crowded weekdays; it didn't occur to me Disneyland might only do it on the weekend.​

I think that the reason an October thread wasn't started yet is because the discussions that tend to come up in October threads revolve around Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party, and we have a thread for that, as you know! I am assuming, because of that, no one thought to start one.

We also have a "Going in October" thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/going-in-october.3398452/page-2

LOL, I guess I was looking for the 'check-in' key word?! Oh well.

Last edited:
We'll be there from Oct 20th - Oct 25. Going to the Halloween Parties on the 22nd and the 25th.

Hello everyone :wave: Our dates are 10/19 - 10/29 - So can't wait to be back at my Happiest Place on Earth! Its been a long 10 years waiting! We're doing a spilt stay between the Grand Cal and Hojo's, I booked a room with a fireworks view :goodvibes

We officially booked our flight! We will be in the Disney area October 2- October 11. This trip is a gift from my Dad's company for working 30 years with them. My mom, brother, SIL, my husband and our two kids (2&6) for a total group of 8 are all going to Disneyland for the first time. We initially planned the trip to focus on Knott's Berry Farm (we have Cedar Fair Platinum Passes), but now working with our travel agent to find a Disneyland area hotel (hopefully easy walking distance). Since we are coaster fans (and may never get back to the west coast again) we are also looking into a day trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios Hollywood. Thanks for all the great information on here! Let the dreams begin!

We'll be there from Oct. 18-22 (MHP on the 19th)
Villas at Grand Californian

Then will be back in mid Dec......that will be DGD's first trip to DLR....at almost 2 1/2

I, too, was looking for a thread called something like October Check In. So I'm just going to consider this thread the official October thread for my own purposes. Besides, there wasn't anything listed in the DIS meets sticky thread anyway. So thanks to the OP for posting this!

We are going to be at DL on 10/4-10/6, checking into our motel (BW Stovall's) on 10/3.

My SO and I will be there on either October 10th or 11th! We live relatively close by, but have never been to Disneyland during Halloween time (no interest in MHP) despite going to every other seasonal celebration and going 2-3x per year. I'm very excited as Halloween is my favorite holiday :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter