October 2014

finally...started the countdown at 191 days - and now its around the corner. wanted to share a quick not so magical experience - that is turning around as we speak. Have been to Disney world about 10 times since my first experience in the early 90's....20 year wedding anniversary celebration - we've decided to return to our 'honeymoon' spot. Booked trip, searched the internet - found disneyvacationaccount site where you can earn gift cards for 'saving money' for your vacation. Long story short, contacted guest services at wdw for a simple question - they alarmed me stating they couldn't find my reservation (meanwhile just received all paperwork in mail)...asked to speak to a supervisor - 2 1/2 hours later, 3 customer service reps and 2 supervisors later - finally got my issue resolved - their response? "I don't know why they were not able to assist you - your reservation is in our system"...this supervisor went above and beyond and is giving me a gift card for my 'not so magical experience'....I do appreciate it - but I have to say it was the first disappointing customer service experience I have had with WDW. I am hoping that will be our only 'bump' in the road..again 19 days and counting!!!

We check in October 11...no magic bands :confused:No tracking numbers...it says that they will ship soon & 10 days before check in. Anyone else checking in that week and missing magic bands? I'm wondering if they are behind or if my order got missed somehow...it's 12 bands. Thanks for sharing...magic bands or not, my countdown is in the single digits.:cool1:

We check in October 11...no magic bands :confused:No tracking numbers...it says that they will ship soon & 10 days before check in. Anyone else checking in that week and missing magic bands? I'm wondering if they are behind or if my order got missed somehow...it's 12 bands. Thanks for sharing...magic bands or not, my countdown is in the single digits.:cool1:

You should have received your Magic Bands a couple weeks ago. We have already received our for our Oct 22nd check in. They take a few days to arrive once they are shipped, so if I was you I would call and find out what is going on.

Did you confirm the shipping address? I would call, we've had ours for a week and we check in the 20th.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I called. Disney is expediting the bands...he said someone (the people making the bands I guess) called in yesterday about a name mismatch. I have two Davids going and one David goes by his middle name, Blake, so I guess the name on the magic band was different than the reservation name or I had my dad's magic band say Poppy...anywho, they should arrive before we leave. I'm glad I asked and called. Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for the responses. I called. Disney is expediting the bands...he said someone (the people making the bands I guess) called in yesterday about a name mismatch. I have two Davids going and one David goes by his middle name, Blake, so I guess the name on the magic band was different than the reservation name or I had my dad's magic band say Poppy...anywho, they should arrive before we leave. I'm glad I asked and called. Thanks again!

YAY!! MB's on their way! :)

Odd they questioned it. It is my understanding nicknames are allowed.

Almost at single digits. We arrive at POR on October 19th (my birthday). Will spend five wonderful nights.

Can't wait.

pixiedust:

Booked a quick weekend getaway for the wife and I. Used two Southwest vouchers (thanks to a really horrible flight last fall) and Dinsey Visa points to help out. Planned it yesterday - two nights at CSR - Halloween party Friday the 24th with a one day park hopper the next day (HS Studios, Epcot Food and Wine then close down MK extra magic hours ) - home on Sunday

I have three attraction re-entry passes for EPCOT that expire on 10/31/14 we received when Test Track shut down after we designed our car. We were not able to use them due to an illness. I meant to give them away before we left and forgot. Please PM me if anyone would like them. I would be happy to get them in the mail ASAP.

I have three attraction re-entry passes for EPCOT that expire on 10/31/14 we received when Test Track shut down after we designed our car. We were not able to use them due to an illness. I meant to give them away before we left and forgot. Please PM me if anyone would like them. I would be happy to get them in the mail ASAP.

That's so sweet to share. I would be interested. Where would you be mailing from? I'm in Kansas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter