October 2011 Code Watch

So odd...just checked now and it's still not there....before I left for work, I could still see it while others could not, and now you can see it and I can't..:scratchin

That is odd. When I called the CM asked me for the discount code. I gave it to her, and she was able to change the rate for my RO portion of the trip. Not a great savings for us since most of our trip is under the FD promo, but we'll take it ;)

That is odd. When I called the CM asked me for the discount code. I gave it to her, and she was able to change the rate for my RO portion of the trip. Not a great savings for us since most of our trip is under the FD promo, but we'll take it ;)

That is great news. So glad you were able to use it. I called as well and my resort wasn't even listed on it. I have a feeling that it's rack rate for me...:sad1:

That is great news. So glad you were able to use it. I called as well and my resort wasn't even listed on it. I have a feeling that it's rack rate for me...:sad1:

Which resort and what dates? I can check online for you if you want....We're staying @ POFQ and they had standard view and riverview (which is what we had booked)

Which resort and what dates? I can check online for you if you want....We're staying @ POFQ and they had standard view and riverview (which is what we had booked)

It's my sister's 60th b-day during this trip so she got to choose the resort this year which is non negotiable for changing (just wait until next year when it's my turn to pick)...wouldn't you know she chose the GF during what turned out to be Jersey week, and of course is blacked out for FD... Nov 7-13.

I have a feeling that nothing is going to show up for me with this or any discount...thanks for checking though, I appreciate it!

Depends on the dates. I've seen dates in Sept for as low as $175. But for my dates, Oct 20-24, dolphin is $199 and Swan is $239. That's Travelocity's non-refundable price. Now they have that listed as a 40% discount. But not sure what they're considering rack. S/D site is showing a number higher than Travelocity but not 40% higher.

The extra 10% would save me enough to justify the Swan's queen beds over the Dolphin doubles. :goodvibes

Still, with everything going on today we decided to wait until Thurs. We won't wait past then. Availability isn't looking particularly good right now anyway. So S/D may still be our best option.

How is the size of the room at s/ in comparison to the Disney moderates?

Swan/Dolphin is okay but they definitely lack that Disney feel. Rooms are alright, nice but not themed.

However, the location is good, with boat service to Epcot/Hollywood Studios.

Swan/Dolphin is okay but they definitely lack that Disney feel. Rooms are alright, nice but not themed.

However, the location is good, with boat service to Epcot/Hollywood Studios.

We're going for F&W so that's why location is key this trip. Otherwise I'd hold out for AKL which has plenty of availability. BC is full. So our only hope is BWI, which wasn't full before but isnt showing any availability on the Canadian discount so I'm not hopeful.

If anyone wants to check the AP discount for BWI for Oct 20-24, I'd appreciate it. Maybe that has different booking percentages.

Just wanted to share that CMs are confirming a GPdiscount for Disneyland coming out on 9/13. Hoping this good news for all the WDWers too!

I think that is bad news. I've been saying next week but I'm pushing it back a week. They won't release two discounts on the same day/week. Disney World RO won't come out until the week of the 19th, if it comes. There is still no signs of overtime or rumors of the RO.

If anyone wants to check the AP discount for BWI for Oct 20-24, I'd appreciate it. Maybe that has different booking percentages.

Just checked this for you. There is availability, but it looks like it's not giving the discount on Fri and Sat night. Thursday night rate is $256.75, Fri and Sat are $395 and Sunday night is $240.50. Maybe just the weekends are blacked out for BWI??

Thanks, jdd. It's Food & Wine so it wouldn't surprise me if the weekends are fuller. A discount for half the trip isn't going to cut it. So I think i'll go ahead with plan B.

Thanks, jdd. It's Food & Wine so it wouldn't surprise me if the weekends are fuller. A discount for half the trip isn't going to cut it. So I think i'll go ahead with plan B.

That's what I figured too - it's a bummer though!

Hey, I was just checking out your links to the baskets you made for your son last year - can you tell me where you got the Imagineer books? Our trip this year is a surprise birthday trip for my middle son, and I'd love to put together a birthday basket for him. Thanks!

Just wanted to share that CMs are confirming a GPdiscount for Disneyland coming out on 9/13. Hoping this good news for all the WDWers too!

THat is the day after my final payment is due.:headache: Guess I'll go ahead and downgrade us to a mod and if a GP RO is ever released I can always upgrade it since it will be increasing the cost. If not, we can stick with the moderate and keep the money in our pockets. :rolleyes1

The percentages on the AP rate have decreased from the prior offer - maybe that's why the prior one expired so early? Deluxes & Villas are now 35% off, Mods & Values are 25% off.

THat is the day after my final payment is due.:headache: Guess I'll go ahead and downgrade us to a mod and if a GP RO is ever released I can always upgrade it since it will be increasing the cost. If not, we can stick with the moderate and keep the money in our pockets. :rolleyes1
I was able to apply the Canadian discount to my package yesterday,which was 2 days after my final payment date.I was not charged any fee even though my total went down.

That's what I figured too - it's a bummer though!

Hey, I was just checking out your links to the baskets you made for your son last year - can you tell me where you got the Imagineer books? Our trip this year is a surprise birthday trip for my middle son, and I'd love to put together a birthday basket for him. Thanks!

Amazon. I buy everything on Amazon.

As soon as I book a room I can start thinking about my next trip projects - a birthday surprise and a pirate package.

If you are interested, YC shows availability for your dates for a water view room:
Oct 20 $308.75
Oct 21 $308.75
Oct 22 $308.75
Oct 23 $292.50
Total with tax $1371

If you are interested, YC shows availability for your dates for a water view room:
Oct 20 $308.75
Oct 21 $308.75
Oct 22 $308.75
Oct 23 $292.50
Total with tax $1371

*I am not tempted. I am not tempted.*

Ok, seriously - I made the decision to wait until tomorrow (even though I don't think GP will come this week) then book Swan. I was happy with that decision. Really! :rolleyes1 ok, that's a good price.

It is, however, outside my max budget. (only just!) this is the AP price, right? Ok, in the interest of having full info and feeling good about my decision (and not because I'm still considering it. Really) -- can you tell me if there's discounted availability at BC or BCV? Probably not but it never hurts to ask.

This would all be simpler if my son wasn't begging for Stormalong Bay. And we'll be there on his birthday.

Thanks for the help. Though what I really need right now is an intervention. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter