October 2011 Code Watch

this is the AP price, right?
Yup!
Ok, in the interest of having full info and feeling good about my decision (and not because I'm still considering it. Really) -- can you tell me if there's discounted availability at BC or BCV? Probably not but it never hurts to ask.

There is availability at the BC, but not all nights are discounted. Water view.
Thu, Oct 20 $ 308.75
Fri, Oct 21 $ 475.00
Sat, Oct 22 $ 475.00
Sun, Oct 23 $ 292.50

Nothing showing up for BCV.

YC still showing availability, like I posted before:
Thu, Oct 20 $ 308.75
Fri, Oct 21 $ 308.75
Sat, Oct 22 $ 308.75
Sun, Oct 23 $ 292.50

Good luck!

I know this is a stretch, but can someone please check availability with AP rate for YC and BC for Oct 6 - 10? TIA!

I know this is a stretch, but can someone please check availability with AP rate for YC and BC for Oct 6 - 10? TIA!

The AP site is showing no availability at either resort. I checked the other deluxes and this is all that showed up:

AKL standard (other views were avail too)
Thu, Oct 06 $ 201.50
Fri, Oct 07 $ 214.50
Sat, Oct 08 $ 214.50
Sun, Oct 09 $ 214.50

WL courtyard (other views were avail too)
Thu, Oct 06 $ 230.75
Fri, Oct 07 $ 375.00
Sat, Oct 08 $ 375.00
Sun, Oct 09 $ 375.00

The AP site is showing no availability at either resort. I checked the other deluxes and this is all that showed up:

AKL standard (other views were avail too)
Thu, Oct 06 $ 201.50
Fri, Oct 07 $ 214.50
Sat, Oct 08 $ 214.50
Sun, Oct 09 $ 214.50

WL courtyard (other views were avail too)
Thu, Oct 06 $ 230.75
Fri, Oct 07 $ 375.00
Sat, Oct 08 $ 375.00
Sun, Oct 09 $ 375.00

Thanks for checking. It's what I suspected - too sold out for Columbus Day weekend for discounts. We just stayed at AKL in June, so that's out for us (we like to vary things). I can now stop obsessing.

TJA, thank you! You made my day! :goodvibes

Of course, you also condemned me to another week of agonizing waiting. ;)

We had a family meeting tonight and decide that it was worth it to cut $150 from somewhere else in our life and add it to our room budget. Which puts the YC water view room in play, assuming it's still available for all 4 nights when the discount comes. It's worth it to make my son happy for this birthday trip.

We also realized that the Dolphin refundable, rack rate is less than that YC cost, so we went ahead and booked it as our backup plan. No, i'd rather not pay that much for the Dolphin double beds but it reduces our risk. If no discount comes next week and the S/D discounts suddenly disappear, we would still have a room in our price range on the boardwalk. So with the backup, backup plan in place -- we can wait. (Not sure whether I should be excited about that last part or not. :laughing:)

We had a family meeting tonight and decide that it was worth it to cut $150 from somewhere else in our life and add it to our room budget. Which puts the YC water view room in play, assuming it's still available for all 4 nights when the discount comes. It's worth it to make my son happy for this birthday trip.

We also realized that the Dolphin refundable, rack rate is less than that YC cost, so we went ahead and booked it as our backup plan. No, i'd rather not pay that much for the Dolphin double beds but it reduces our risk. If no discount comes next week and the S/D discounts suddenly disappear, we would still have a room in our price range on the boardwalk. So with the backup, backup plan in place -- we can wait. (Not sure whether I should be excited about that last part or not. :laughing:)

Glad to see that you have something booked! And that it is refundable! :goodvibes Now the discounts should come out .... just so you can go to all the trouble of canceling your backup plan! :rotfl:

Always glad to help out. ;) I hope they release a deal and you get what you want.

Happy to see you have a refundable back up plan and that at least it's in the area of your choice. Nice to have the pressure lessened a bit eh? Good luck with plan A in the mean time :thumbsup2

NOW that you have the backup plan in order something will happen I just feel it ! good luck either way, I think the Swan and Dolphin places look amazing in the pics I've seen !

There is availability at the BC, but not all nights are discounted. Water view.
Thu, Oct 20 $ 308.75
Fri, Oct 21 $ 475.00
Sat, Oct 22 $ 475.00
Sun, Oct 23 $ 292.50

Nothing showing up for BCV.

YC still showing availability, like I posted before:
Thu, Oct 20 $ 308.75
Fri, Oct 21 $ 308.75
Sat, Oct 22 $ 308.75
Sun, Oct 23 $ 292.50

Good luck!

These are my dates exactly. We are booked for BCV, so I guess we won't end up getting a discount.

While, I didn't get a pin or a discount, I did get a DVC mailer. It made reference to my upcoming trip. It says if I call and ask about DVC and listen to a 10 minute "tour" I would qualify for a $25 GC. I guess $25 is better than nothing. :banana:

I'm so disappointed that there are no GP discounts :sad1:

I'm going to look for somewhere else to go in October... Any ideas? :rolleyes1

ya its disappointing eh, nothing can be done though, I'm back to just enjoying in the fact I knew nothing before and therefore just happy I'm going and have the resort I wanted with or without discount/pins. 35 days !

ya its disappointing eh, nothing can be done though, I'm back to just enjoying in the fact I knew nothing before and therefore just happy I'm going and have the resort I wanted with or without discount/pins. 35 days !

Yep, I am right there with you. I am happy that we are going. This is the only weekend that we could go. The only other option we have is summer or Spring Break. So, I am looking forward to smaller crowds. I'll pay rack rate to get that.

I've never waited this long to book a room but I've been holding out for the long anticipated gp code for my 10-18 to 10-24 trip...But nothing..

Looks like I'll try to book today; I was also hoping a moderate would open up, but nothing..

Posted this on the room-only thread. For those of you waiting, it's worth making a call to see if you have a PIN!

I called yesterday to check AP rates (Didn't want to have to buy an AP but really wanted to be at Disney for Fall Break.) and was told there was no availability at BWI for my dates but that there was a "pin offer" attached to my household. I got a room for 35% off.

After all this waiting and considering trips to other destinations, I got what I want (wanted to be on B'walk) and got a nice discount. Now I can relax and plan my trip.

Good luck to all of those who are waiting

I threw in the towel and booked ASMu with AAA just to be sure we had a room for the 2 nights after our cruise. This is the 1st time I have gone to Disney without any sort of a discount code, stinks!!!! There was no pin code with my name.

I was hoping to save on the hotel and use the $ for MNSSHP, now DD will most likely just swim in the pool that night. She will be happy and not know the diff.

nice congrats
thank you

I threw in the towel and booked ASMu with AAA just to be sure we had a room for the 2 nights after our cruise. This is the 1st time I have gone to Disney without any sort of a discount code, stinks!!!! There was no pin code with my name.

I was hoping to save on the hotel and use the $ for MNSSHP, now DD will most likely just swim in the pool that night. She will be happy and not know the diff.

you have a good attitude. I was not going to go without a discount. It does feel like they are doing things differently. I can't believe no room only code has been released yet. have fun on your cruise :cutie:

Nice score on the Pin!! I'm booked for POP, gonna call tomorrow & ask about a pin code. Which number do I call? Ressies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter