• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2011 Car Rental Rates

Aww, I'm sorry guys -- I wish we were all getting great deals and could celebrate together. Is Halloween an issue with rental costs? I guess Iwill never understand why someone who is renting one day less than me, uses the same codes and acutally has less hours should have to pay $200+ more. Ridiculous.

Down another $13, now running at 113+change! Can we go any lower?:lmao:

:confused3Have no idea why, but rate has dropped again. We are at 102.35 using same codes (Costco&Insider), really didn't think we would have another drop in a few hours time, but sure am glad I checked. :wizard:to all waiting on better rates.

:confused3Have no idea why, but rate has dropped again. We are at 102.35 using same codes (Costco&Insider), really didn't think we would have another drop in a few hours time, but sure am glad I checked. :wizard:to all waiting on better rates.

I am going the same dates as you. How are you getting 102.35 rate?

Well, it looks like our Alamo standard rental has quit it's downward movement. We are sitting at $101.92/total for 8 days. It is definitely a price I can live with. Would have thought I had died and gone to heaven if it actually dropped below $100, but beggars can't be choosers, right?!? Here is wishing good deals for all!!

We just got below 100, not much 99.52 but taking anything & all:lmao:. I've been bouncing back & forth between full/standard size. The full is actually less at the moment. Best wishes for all to get your rate down.

I've not seen the minivan rate move at all. With budget, using the travelocity code and $30 coupon that gets deducted upon return, its $225 + taxes/fees for $301ish (I'm assuming $271ish with coupon). Anyone get a better rate on minivan anywhere?

almost hesitant to post again, but with the insiders 20% off "sun code" & coupon our rate has dropped again. A full size for our dates, 93.43. Taxes & fees make up half that rate. Pixiedust to everyone.

almost hesitant to post again, but with the insiders 20% off "sun code" & coupon our rate has dropped again. A full size for our dates, 93.43. Taxes & fees make up half that rate. Pixiedust to everyone.

Is the sun code your using 7014667?

Is the sun code your using 7014667?

hey, I went and plugged your dates in, whooooo. Crazy high:confused3 I did find they were lower if you picked up at CCC and return to MCO. Have you tried that option yet?

I noticed your dates in your signature, honestly not a stalker:goodvibes

hey, I went and plugged your dates in, whooooo. Crazy high:confused3 I did find they were lower if you picked up at CCC and return to MCO. Have you tried that option yet?

I noticed your dates in your signature, honestly not a stalker:goodvibes

Yeah, we aren't signed up with ME and planned on driving from the airport. Plus to save the hassle of trying to go from MCO to CCC then to the resort since we will be traveling with a group of 6 1st timers.

I was able to get a Std car for $192 a couple months ago but was hoping for a lower rate. I can deal with it.

Thank you thank you rental guru's! I got a convertable for 7 days for $204.00 with an additional driver free!

Swooning! My rate dropped below $100...and we are still 5 days out! $97.34/total for an 8 day and some hours rental of a standard through Alamo. I wish everyone was seeing rates like these...

Yeah, we aren't signed up with ME and planned on driving from the airport. Plus to save the hassle of trying to go from MCO to CCC then to the resort since we will be traveling with a group of 6 1st timers.

I was able to get a Std car for $192 a couple months ago but was hoping for a lower rate. I can deal with it.

Ok, I have a really dumb question. Is there a penalty for returning a car early?? I'm just thinking there is literally one day difference in our rentals. What if you rented a car until the 2nd, but returned it on the 1st? I'm not trying to be dishonest, but it really seems unfair that your rates are so incredibly high when you are actually utilizing the car one less day...

I'm here now and managed to snag a decent rate prior to my trip. I wanted to mention why the rates may be high. First off, I'm at the BWV and there's a huge IT conference going on (Gartner). These folks have been here all week and they must number in the thousands. Also today starts the PGA golf event and National is a sponsor of this event. In the past National has supplied many cars for this event. Since Alamo is from the same company, it may explain why there are no deals for these companies as their fleet may be pretty low. I don't have any concrete evidence, except from past experience. Normally the golf event is in early November, so that explains why this doesn't normally happen. I think the golf event is for the next 4-5 days. We are off to Universal today.....Good luck to those still trying to find a decent rate. If you're heading here, pack some warm clothes. The nights are going to be in the 50s and it's very chilly once the sun goes down. They are comparing this to December weather. 70s during the day and sunny which is nice. But sweatshirts are a must in the evenings and the mornings are chilly too! If you are going to do the halloween party, make sure you have some warmer clothes to wear under your costume. Cuddle duds are necessary!

Ok, I have a really dumb question. Is there a penalty for returning a car early?? I'm just thinking there is literally one day difference in our rentals. What if you rented a car until the 2nd, but returned it on the 1st? I'm not trying to be dishonest, but it really seems unfair that your rates are so incredibly high when you are actually utilizing the car one less day...

Yes there is a penalty you will have to pay, not sure how much it is but gmeh1 might be able to explain. The reason the penalty is in place is to avoid people booking a week long rate that is cheaper when they only need it 3-4 days.

I'm here now and managed to snag a decent rate prior to my trip. I wanted to mention why the rates may be high. First off, I'm at the BWV and there's a huge IT conference going on (Gartner). These folks have been here all week and they must number in the thousands. Also today starts the PGA golf event and National is a sponsor of this event. In the past National has supplied many cars for this event. Since Alamo is from the same company, it may explain why there are no deals for these companies as their fleet may be pretty low. I don't have any concrete evidence, except from past experience. Normally the golf event is in early November, so that explains why this doesn't normally happen. I think the golf event is for the next 4-5 days. We are off to Universal today.....Good luck to those still trying to find a decent rate. If you're heading here, pack some warm clothes. The nights are going to be in the 50s and it's very chilly once the sun goes down. They are comparing this to December weather. 70s during the day and sunny which is nice. But sweatshirts are a must in the evenings and the mornings are chilly too! If you are going to do the halloween party, make sure you have some warmer clothes to wear under your costume. Cuddle duds are necessary!

That's nice to know and looking at events I notice that the golf tournament was in town this weekend. Well we are happy with what we have so we are just going to go with our standard.

Yes there is a penalty you will have to pay, not sure how much it is but gmeh1 might be able to explain. The reason the penalty is in place is to avoid people booking a week long rate that is cheaper when they only need it 3-4 days.
I understand. I didn't want anyone to do something "wrong", but I just don't understand why one day makes such a HUGE difference. I hope your rate will drop, and I'm glad you are okay if it doesn't. Thanks for responding!

I understand. I didn't want anyone to do something "wrong", but I just don't understand why one day makes such a HUGE difference. I hope your rate will drop, and I'm glad you are okay if it doesn't. Thanks for responding!

Well looks like I got a good deal going through priceline once again. :D

Last year got a Minivan for $300 for the week for 7 days, this year got a Std SUV for $297 for 8 days through alamo. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter