October 2011 Car Rental Rates

1tufgt

DIS Veteran
Figured I start a 2011 thread since there wasn't one for this year.

So what has everyone been getting for car rental rates in the month of Oct? We will be there Oct. 22-30th and rates are just really high for a mini van through Alamo. Might have to go with Priceline and name my own price for one. Got lucky last year and was able to get a Minivan through Alamo for $30 a day.

I've also used the coupons I found in the Entertainment magazine but still nothing great.

Anyone with better luck than me?

We will be needing a minivan and probably a full-size car unless the cost for a Standard SUV isn't much more.

**Moderator, can you modify the title to say "October 2011 Car Rental Rates" my fingers weren't typing fast enough.

We have a mini van thru Budget for $299 10/16-10/22. I used BCD x474200

I've got a full size reserved through Budget right now for $375+ for 10/14-10/23. I went through Costco and get an extra $25 off at the end of rental plus a free one class upgrade which will put us into a premium class. Hope to get it cheaper but right now it hasn't changed for 2-3 months. $375 sounds high but if it gets me a premium (which is well over $700) for around $350 in the end I'll live with it.

:rolleyes1since i hope to be able to switch current flight into TPA to MCO if SWA ever lowers the price, i have 2 sets of res booked - lousy rates so far

for 8 days beginning 10/1, midsize rates are currently the same out of both TPA & MCO

national (believe i used borders code?) bumped up to full size w/ExA approx $300:sad2:

alamo (using a corporate code i'm afraid to actually use:rolleyes:) approx $200

rates have been outrageous. The cheapest I have found is $31 a day for a midsize. We are doing a split stay between AKL and Vero beach. I was going to do a car for whole trip now since rates are high I have just a car for the vero side of the trip. And we will go without a car while at wdw.

rates have been outrageous. The cheapest I have found is $31 a day for a midsize. We are doing a split stay between AKL and Vero beach. I was going to do a car for whole trip now since rates are high I have just a car for the vero side of the trip. And we will go without a car while at wdw.

Sounds like Priceline might be the best route to go.

DId you book thru priceline for this year yet? If so what rate did you get if you don't mind me asking

No not yet, just because with priceline's name your own price there is no cancellations and I just want to see what is out there before I commit to that, but I might wait another month or so before I commit to a rental car but I'm sure you could go on priceline and start your name your own price with $28 for a minivan and see where that gets you. When I was playing with priceline they suggested that I should go from my $25 bid up to $32 for good and $33 for great as far as being accepted but last year for our Sept trip I got a minivan through Alamo for $30 a day which was $300 for the week and it saved me over 45% over the posted rate of $500.

I have always booked with National Emerald Club to be able to pick a car off the Emerald Aisle. Part of the fun of the trip but not this year. Prices are just too high. :(

So I searched around right after I booked the airfare. Probably March?? I ended up with Alamo.

Oct 11 thru Oct 17, Midsize, BJs coupon/code: $213.74 total.

I check every once in awhile and that same car is now $245.

I'm looking forward to see other's rates and if there are any other deals out there or someone to tell us the rates have gone down!! :)

Agree on the high rates.

Getting a car 10/18 to 10/23. The cheapest rate at the airport is $398 for a midsize :confused3

Right now I have the same car booked at Payless for $178. Don't really want to shuttle, but unless the rates change, it's the only sane choice.

How is budget at MCO? I guess they give you your car and not you picking one out.

I prefer Alamo over Budget just because we like to pick out the car ourselves. Last time I rented with Budget they did assign us the vehicle, however we were able to go back to the booth in the garage and request a different one.

What level are they on?

If you're asking about the rental counter, it's on Level 1, same location as Alamo and the others. As for the location of the cars, if I recall correctly, Budget is on the second level of the parking garage.

Right now I have an Intermediate reserved with Enterprise for 8 days the last week of October for $213 (tax included) using a Costco code/coupon. The coupon is supposed to be for a free upgrade (from an intermediate to a full-size), based on availability.

My experience the past few trips has been that the good deals did not come out until 21 days before my arrival.
Car and Rate Information:
Intermediate
Toyota Corolla, Nissan Sentra or similar
132.05 USD (1 Week @ 132.05)

0.00 USD (Drop Charge)

18.87 USD (1 Day @ 18.87)

12.50 USD (CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE 2.50/DAY)

15.66 USD (AIRPORT ACCESS FEE 10 PCT)

16.00 USD (FLORIDA SURCHARGE 2.00/DAY)

0.16 USD (TIRE/BATTERY FEE .02/DAY)

5.52 USD (VEHICLE LICENSE FEE .69/DAY)

13.05 USD (SALES TAX)

Total Charges 213.81 USD

I'll jump onboard here. I haven't even found anything for August yet, but I also have a trip for October (15-29) so I'll keep an eye out on that one too.

My experience the past few trips has been that the good deals did not come out until 21 days before my arrival.

X 2.

We have a resi for our Nov trip (40 a day for Alamo full size with 2 drivers) but if things fall into place as in years past we'll drop at least 10 bucks or more a day if we rebook a few days before the trip. Last year we had a 7 seat Explorer for 27 bucks a day.

We book now with something we can live with so we have a resi, but figure well pay less when we actually pick it up. And I'll pay a few bucks more for Alamo's pick your own and just drive to the gate, no counter or kiosk.

If you're asking about the rental counter, it's on Level 1, same location as Alamo and the others. As for the location of the cars, if I recall correctly, Budget is on the second level of the parking garage.

Yeah I was referring to the rental car location and not the counter.

X 2.

We have a resi for our Nov trip (40 a day for Alamo full size with 2 drivers) but if things fall into place as in years past we'll drop at least 10 bucks or more a day if we rebook a few days before the trip. Last year we had a 7 seat Explorer for 27 bucks a day.

We book now with something we can live with so we have a resi, but figure well pay less when we actually pick it up. And I'll pay a few bucks more for Alamo's pick your own and just drive to the gate, no counter or kiosk.

Damn that's nice, I'll have to keep a eye out for that.

I'm really looking for at least 1 of my rentals to be a Van for my Wife's family since there will be 6 of them in 1 vehicle and a van would be nice for the luggage but we can shove some in our rental if need be.

We will be looking for something October 8-13th. We got an AMAZING deal last week (5/17-24) for a midsize picking up and dropping off at MCO.....$65.42 including tax and fees!!! I still can't believe it!

I haven't booked mine yet. Haven't seen anything cheap enough and since we're there for F&W it's not critical.

Last year I did not book the rental car for our 10/13-10/17 dates until 9/9 and 9/26. I ended up with a OW rental DTD to MCO for 33.90 and a 3 day rental DTD-DTD for 99.49. We took ME from the airport.

Anne

Just started looking. And we have a strange set up. Pick up at SFB (Orlando-Sanford) and drop off at PIE (St. Peters-Clearwater). 10/28-11/4. I didn't do a code search yet, but it seemed like my initial searches for a minivan were around $400-475. I need to hunker down and find codes and really price it out good before it just grows!!

Check out Dollar-can't say i'm a fan but it's $100 less than national thus far

checked this afternoon and didn't input any codes/coupons & up popped a city special, 8 day for midsize $202.xx:)

the usual codes priced out approx $20 - $30 more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter