October 2009 Code Watch!!

I just booked the FD for DV cardholders, and received my email confirmation for Oct 11-21!!!!!!

On my confirmation was listed an arcade voucher, mini golf voucher, Planet Hollywodd merch voucher, Planet Hollywood $15 meal voucher, and a sea raycer offer voucher.

Anyone know if this is part of the current package offer, or is this something unexpected that was just nicely added!

Also, The very nice CM stated that my balance was due by August 27. This is also stated on my confirmation. Is this new? It seems that in all of my previous trips (even though some were paid off before we arrived) some of these trips we didn;t have to pay off until the day we arrived or departure day.

Those little extras are standard with a package. Also standard with a package is the requirement to pay your balance 45 days from arrival. :laughing:

I just booked the FD for DV cardholders, and received my email confirmation for Oct 11-21!!!!!!

On my confirmation was listed an arcade voucher, mini golf voucher, Planet Hollywodd merch voucher, Planet Hollywood $15 meal voucher, and a sea raycer offer voucher.

Anyone know if this is part of the current package offer, or is this something unexpected that was just nicely added!

Also, The very nice CM stated that my balance was due by August 27. This is also stated on my confirmation. Is this new? It seems that in all of my previous trips (even though some were paid off before we arrived) some of these trips we didn;t have to pay off until the day we arrived or departure day.

Packages are due in full 45 days prior
Room only at check in

Packages are due in full 45 days prior
Room only at check in

That explains it.:goodvibes
This is the first time that we have ever done a package. In all of our previous trips we have always done a room only reservation because we have had AP's

I called without a code and the CM put me on hold and do a search. She came back and said it was Disney Visa free dining and then applied to our existing ressie. She did say that it was based on resort availibility. Luckily our resort qualified.

This is from another thread - I am assuming they are correct

VALUE RESORTS get free quick service dining when purchasing an applicable Magic Your Way Package. Code EVN

MODERATE AND ABOVE get the free basic Dining Plan. (with the one table service a day) Code GCA

Travel period September 27 to December 17

You CAN upgrade your value resort to basic dining and pay the price point difference. Code RGV

I called today and the CM told me I couldn't upgrade. My gut told me to call back and talk to someone else but I didn't :sad2: I didn't have that last code though - I'm going to call back in the am, hopefully POP is available - I don't want to switch resorts :scared:

I called today and the CM told me I couldn't upgrade. My gut told me to call back and talk to someone else but I didn't :sad2: I didn't have that last code though - I'm going to call back in the am, hopefully POP is available - I don't want to switch resorts :scared:

I didn't even need the code to get the upgrade. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw on which CM you get. I happened to get a really friendly and knowledgeable one. My fingers are crossed that you get what you want! :thumbsup2

I got CSR with free dining, with the Disney Visa. I am very happy.

Kae

There's a new discount on the disney website under rooms. It's a room only discount. I checked it out and I actually save $160 more by switching to this discount instead of Free dining. Just wanted to let everyone know. Check it out to see if there's any savings for you.:goodvibes

There's a new discount on the disney website under rooms. It's a room only discount. I checked it out and I actually save $160 more by switching to this discount instead of Free dining. Just wanted to let everyone know. Check it out to see if there's any savings for you.:goodvibes

Can you still add tickets and dining to the deal?

I called Disney and we did the math: is it more economical to take a $109 room rate at Port Orleans or go with the Free Dining? Since I have 3 rooms, 6 adults and 2 kids, I actually save around $300 sticking with the free dining option. I am psyched that Disney came out with these Promotions for my travel time October 10-17.

I called Disney and we did the math: is it more economical to take a $109 room rate at Port Orleans or go with the Free Dining? Since I have 3 rooms, 6 adults and 2 kids, I actually save around $300 sticking with the free dining option. I am psyched that Disney came out with these Promotions for my travel time October 10-17.

Also...remember you need to buy at least 1 day's park ticket @ the Disney prices (and I believe its per person). So be sure your doing the math correctly. What sometimes seems "free" really isn't.:goodvibes

I did the math for the RO code instead of FD for our visit in October. At first I was really excited to see that I would actually save $541 with the room only code, but then I stopped to think....We will spend more than $50/day on food - over 10 days takes away any savings, so I am gonna stick with my FD ressie!!

Yep ya can...but it is cheaper to just upgrade your room and keep the free dining...or it was for me!

Free Dining worked better for us and for the difference in the Value and Mod we are going to try Port Orleans Riverside. CBR is were we wanted but no standard view rooms. Only water view or Pirate. I can't wait until Oct. and neither can the wife and kids.:)

I know this is a super old post but hopefully somebody will see this. Do you remember what types of discounts were offered in October, 2009? We're hoping for something good this October, otherwise our next trip won't be until Oct 2011. Thanks!!

We had free dining. Our dates were Oct 27-Nov 3. They had originally given me a room discount, 40% off, then the free dining came out. I did get an email yesterday about a free dining offer for this year. I think it ended Oct. 3rd. Check the site i'm sure there's a forum similar to this one for this year.Hope this help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter